sweh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sweh

Arrived an hour ago; Woot status still says "awaiting shipping". Heh.

UPS says "Shipper: METRO BUSINESS SYSTEMS"; I think Woot needs to talk to these guys about getting better updates :-)

The tablet itself seems fine except sometimes the trackpad stops responding; if I lift my finger and put it down again then it works. This could just be me doing it wrong, or it could be a real issue. Hmm.

w00teregrine

quality posts: 1 Private Messages w00teregrine
geoffgass wrote:Yes, because I understand that I bought it from woot, got a great deal and it won't come super quick.

From the guy that has "between 10-24 Woots". Put yourself in my shoes. Or the shoes of the 27% of us "Wooters" that purchased from Woot for the first time ever. You buy the day before Thanksgiving. 9 days later, 6 business days later... you don't even have confirmation that your order has SHIPPED??? Come on man. You would NOT be that patient.
I never bought anything on Woot before yet still had mad respect for Woot. Because I am a "techie" of the highest order and know a lot about the history of the 'Net.
Mad respect. And my first purchase was not a good experience.

Add to it that it's been blatantly obvious from the comments these were drop-shipped and woot just hasn't received the tracking info yet (or quite possibly, got it in a crap format they're having trouble loading).

A crap format? Come on. Fanboi. What.. they sent it in Excel 2010 and Woot is still on 2003 and haven't installed the compatability pack yet?
Really?
Put yourself in the shoes of a first time buyer.... 27% of us...
I ordered 8 days ago and no one call tell me if it shipped? Bree from Woot replied to me today:
"Sorry for the delay but we still don't have an update."

Oh oh oh but I got a great deal? I could have paid more and had something by now. At least a tracking number. At least solid confirmation of a shipment.
But I decided to give Woot a chance.

rlennons

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rlennons

I just got mine in today, it seems to be working alright but the keyboard dock isn't charging. I just wrote to support but it looks like I'll be waiting till Monday to hear back from them. In the meantime, anyone else having a similar issue? My tablet is charging fine, but every time I plug in the keyboard the amber light will blink, indicating it's charging- I let it "charge" for hours but when I snapped it to my tablet it said the battery level was at zero percent. I'm really upset--the keyboard was what sold me and now I'm worried I'll have to face either returning the whole deal or accepting the dead keyboard. I already tried a cold boot but it didn't help. Any suggestions, or community members seeing the same problem?

w00teregrine

At worst you would only need to return the keyboard to Asus for a replacement. Not the entire thing. No worries there man. Couple bucks shipping.

rlennons

w00teregrine wrote:At worst you would only need to return the keyboard to Asus for a replacement. Not the entire thing. No worries there man. Couple bucks shipping.

would Asus take just the keyboard back? I'm not entirely sure what is covered under Woot's policy for defective products. If so, who do I contact to arrange a replace?

Thanks for decreasing the feeling of hopelessness, hopefully it's a easy transaction.

w00teregrine

rlennons wrote:would Asus take just the keyboard back? I'm not entirely sure what is covered under Woot's policy for defective products. If so, who do I contact to arrange a replace?

Not entirely sure either but from what I have read Asus is providing a 90 day warranty on this stuff.
1-8008367847

Thanks for decreasing the feeling of hopelessness, hopefully it's a easy transaction.

THinking I need a job with Woot. If the keyboard works when connected, mouse and keys work, then the problem is NOT the connection to the tab, it is the keyboard not charging and they should without question swap your keyboard for you.
Out a few bucks for shipping, maybe $10? No big deal in my opinion.

Goncalo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Goncalo

Mine was delivered yesterday, Nov. 29th. UPS left it at the door, no sig required. Unfortunately, the headphone jack is defective; I only get right-channel audio. Now I guess I have to deal with Asus. I broke my no-refurb rule and got burned.

notbil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages notbil

Mine arrived today, but the site still says awaiting shipping. UPS left it on the porch without a signature.
My wife as been playing with it for a few hours and not noticed any problems. The keyboard works fine and says it is fully charged, and she did not report any problems with the touch screen while playing a game.

Overall I am happy, and I expect that Woot will work out the problems with this vendor or stop working with them. But not all the problems can be laid at their feet, since Woot still has not charged my credit card.

Woops, should I have told them that?

jleuta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jleuta

Emailed customer service and they said it was sent and I should receive tracking info within the next 24 hours. Hopefully I receive the tracking info soon. I don't mine waiting but I thought I would have received the tracking info by now.

chinoninja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chinoninja

UPS ground was supposed to have delivered it today, but they lied, and changed it to Monday on their will...can't even pick it up myself over weekend...@$$.... Anyway...for a first time wooter...this purchase had turn out to be quite disappointing...especially after several people had discussed how their products needs repair already, not to mention those seemingly ok products that may have underlying issues unnoticed (or conveniently have issues 2-3 days after warranty expires), purchasing here seems more like a gamble than anything.

lukasgrammy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lukasgrammy

I'm a first time user of Woot. I only purchased this tablet because I read they were bought by Amazon. I STILL have no tracking info, maybe they were ALL shipped, maybe they weren't. But the "awaiting shipping" message really has me worried and I certainly doubt I'll ever buy from Woot.com again.

dasnoffer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dasnoffer

What's up? Send my crap or tell me why its not sent.... worst woot ever!

Cammiesan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Cammiesan

Received mine in Southern California today (received tracking info a couple of days ago). Great tablet; no issues. OTA to JB worked flawlessly. I hope everyone receives their order soon and in good condition.

SLPservices

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SLPservices

WootLess in NM...
No Transformer
No NABI
No ASUS Laptop

at least I still have my health (sigh...)

w00teregrine

NABI?

lindyp330

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lindyp330
w00teregrine wrote:NABI?

That's another loooong story about a company that learned a very important lesson - The customer is always right.
Good on WOOT
NABI

docchaos

quality posts: 1 Private Messages docchaos
lukasgrammy wrote:I'm a first time user of Woot. I only purchased this tablet because I read they were bought by Amazon. I STILL have no tracking info, maybe they were ALL shipped, maybe they weren't. But the "awaiting shipping" message really has me worried and I certainly doubt I'll ever buy from Woot.com again.

I've been wooting since 2005. Come on everyone, why the hate. Yes, shipping and tracking issues happen. I would love to know exactly how many of these sold (probably so many, and that is the cause of the issues). Yes Woot is owned by Amazon, but they have been left as an independant arm, which gives us deals like this.

As for the issues, Yes they are REFURB. And yes you run the risk. Probably 1/10 of 1% are having any issues. How many non tech types are not on these community forums and purchase from woot? You only hear the complaints, not the good stories. (true of all customer service - You always hear more complaints than positives)

Woot, keep up the good work.

Whiners, buy your stuff somewhere else.

Alex
Rock Island, IL
A 100% satisifed customer

loafdog00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loafdog00

I received mine last night tho I didn't notice it had arrived till this morning. I didn't expect a delivery after 5pm. The shipping info in woot was never updated. I typed in the tracking number for ups from the package label just to see what happened to the box and saw once it shipped it went pretty fast:
11/30/2012 6:40 P.M. Delivered
11/30/2012 3:25 A.M. Out For Delivery
11/30/2012 2:23 A.M. Arrival Scan
11/29/2012 9:46 P.M.Departure Scan
11/29/2012 7:59 P.M. Origin Scan
11/29/2012 2:58 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

ravencajun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ravencajun

Please tell us what color you are getting!
Still waiting here in North Houston area, no changes in status, awaiting shipping, no emails, set up the my ups account to hopefully find out more information through them as others have but nothing from them either which leads me to believe that mine has not shipped yet.

I am noticing that the first posters that got theirs were mostly saying that they had no problems with the unit, and these latest posters are receiving units with more problems and more serious problems. I would hope that it's not a bottom of the barrel situation.

I am fairly new to buying from woot, but have been checking woot for years and I have thought they were trustworthy, I still do but this fiasco is certainly not helping my confidence in woot. I agree that they should be able to find out our shipping information by this time frame.

The reason that many are so disappointed is we are quickly coming to the Christmas season and we are missing out on the sales on the transformer that other sites are offering right now, if we at least had a guarantee from woot that all of the orders will be filled.
Plus seeing woot offering the transformer again a few days ago when we are still waiting and wondering.
None of that is making me feel warm and fuzzy!

fast130

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fast130
dravec wrote:Oh, spare me. They had no trouble accepting our money. A full 7 business days is NOT impatient. We're not irritated that the product isn't here, we're frustrated that they cannot give any information as to when it will ship or if it has shipped.

Corporations have advertisers, marketing professionals, customer service people, and legal departments. Consumers have each other. When we're poorly served all we can do is band together and try to get a resolution.

Didn't finish reading thru the post here but have to say that I have got a WHOLE lot of stuff from WOOT over many moons and they have always come through with delivering the goods. As mentioned by (I believe) a staffer, when they do a drop shop (ie woot take the orders and someone else ships the product) there is quite often a delay in the updating of shipping info. This seems to be happening a bit more as of late. (A bicycle I ordered didn't get marked as shipped until a week after I had received it..) But I always receive the stuff within a reasonable time and have almost always felt I got a good deal. When not, WOOT has been great with correcting any problems that I have had.
This is how deal site shopping is now a days.. If you can have a bit of patients you can get a good deal on stuff. If you need instant gratification, ya might be better run down to the store and picking it up.
So just relax.. you will get it.

PS: Got my tablet a couple of days ago. finally marked shipped now. Seems to work good. Another good deal from Woot!

SirThurston

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SirThurston

I have Wooted hundreds of items over the years and never had a problem.

I received my BLUE tablet on the 29th in Minnesota only 3 hours after Woot changed my shipping status. Everything works and it looks as New. Updated OTA to Jellybean with no issues I'm very happy with this Woot!!!!!!!! Posting from it now.
Sirthurston

192 Woots most for 3 items

w00teregrine

Cool. Thanks for the Woot stories. I always felt this was a respected and well run site.
That Nabi deal was pretty cool. Read through all that.

Well, hopefully Monday. :D

lukasgrammy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lukasgrammy

BUT, if while you were waiting for your bicycle to arrive, you were missing out on a plethora of other great deals on a similar (but also possibly 'new') bicycle, would you still be so patient and understanding? Not being snarky, just pointing out the facts. At this point, I'm just looking for shipping details. If I know my tablet is on it's way, then I won't be ticked off that I didn't just go to Sam's Club or Best Buy and walk out with a "Black Friday/Weekend" deal, regardless of the 'deal' offered here on Woot.

"A tablet in the hand is worth 2 that have not had their shipping information updated." I think maybe Mark Twain or a fortune cookie I once read said that.

Enjoy your (already received) tablet! Can't wait to get mine.

fast130 wrote:Didn't finish reading thru the post here but have to say that I have got a WHOLE lot of stuff from WOOT over many moons and they have always come through with delivering the goods. As mentioned by (I believe) a staffer, when they do a drop shop (ie woot take the orders and someone else ships the product) there is quite often a delay in the updating of shipping info. This seems to be happening a bit more as of late. (A bicycle I ordered didn't get marked as shipped until a week after I had received it..) But I always receive the stuff within a reasonable time and have almost always felt I got a good deal. When not, WOOT has been great with correcting any problems that I have had.
This is how deal site shopping is now a days.. If you can have a bit of patients you can get a good deal on stuff. If you need instant gratification, ya might be better run down to the store and picking it up.
So just relax.. you will get it.

PS: Got my tablet a couple of days ago. finally marked shipped now. Seems to work good. Another good deal from Woot!

Thank you for your information, I appreciate your post.

loafdog00 wrote:I received mine last night tho I didn't notice it had arrived till this morning. I didn't expect a delivery after 5pm. The shipping info in woot was never updated. I typed in the tracking number for ups from the package label just to see what happened to the box and saw once it shipped it went pretty fast:
11/30/2012 6:40 P.M. Delivered
11/30/2012 3:25 A.M. Out For Delivery
11/30/2012 2:23 A.M. Arrival Scan
11/29/2012 9:46 P.M.Departure Scan
11/29/2012 7:59 P.M. Origin Scan
11/29/2012 2:58 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

P.S. Still no shipping information for my tablet.

elencius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elencius

I don't usually post (I tend to skulk around in forums and the like though, lol) , but I feel obliged to say Woot should be cut some slack on this one - I received an email a little while ago, similar to those that others in here have received, saying my order has shipped and they are working on the tracking. Receiving this email outside of standard customer service hours hints that Woot is making extra effort to straighten this out, don't you think? I'm willing to keep the faith that steps will be taken to avoid having this kind of thing happen again. Bottom line - one offering gone wrong does not a bad company make...

duenorth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages duenorth

I received mine! Can't remember the exact date and time, but the shipping timeframe seemed reasonable to me considering the season. My tablet is navy blue - don't know if others are receiving a different color or not... All the pixels are present and accounted for. No problems except for operator error/newby stuff....

sehkmet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sehkmet

A question for the more tech-savvy: should the keyboard dock battery deplete before the tablet, or the tablet battery before the keyboard?

I've noticed today that the tablet is draining first, and the other day it was the dock that was acting as the 'primary' battery.

Computers are hard! o_o

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 590 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Ahhh, update. Some tracking has been uploaded still waiting on more

Apologies on the delay.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

urhos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages urhos
ThunderThighs wrote:Ahhh, update. Some tracking has been uploaded still waiting on more

Apologies on the delay.

Thanks for the update. Should I assume that mine hasn't been uploaded since it still says awaiting shipping?

TimInCT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TimInCT
rlennons wrote:I just got mine in today, it seems to be working alright but the keyboard dock isn't charging. I just wrote to support but it looks like I'll be waiting till Monday to hear back from them. In the meantime, anyone else having a similar issue? My tablet is charging fine, but every time I plug in the keyboard the amber light will blink, indicating it's charging- I let it "charge" for hours but when I snapped it to my tablet it said the battery level was at zero percent. I'm really upset--the keyboard was what sold me and now I'm worried I'll have to face either returning the whole deal or accepting the dead keyboard. I already tried a cold boot but it didn't help. Any suggestions, or community members seeing the same problem?

Dumb question... You are charging with the provided adapter? That USB at the end at the cable wont charge the dock (but will charge the tablet) from a P/C. It needs the higher charge rate of the little brick. If I hadn't read it in this forum, I wouldn't have known either.

Oh, this post was entered on my charcoal grey unit that arrived Friday evening, and my delivery status still says Awaiting Shipping.

I downloaded the users manual off the Asus website. At first I was trying to power it on with the side volume switch. ;)

sunlandtexas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sunlandtexas

Same here... no info, no product... great disappointment

fast130

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fast130

Hey sehkmet,
I'm no expert on this stuff but when docked I think it draws from both at similar rates like it's one big battery. There is no special sensor in batteries to tell the exact amount of juice remaining it just reads the voltage and the rate of use and computes how much battery life should be left. Seeing how the battery in the tablet is larger than the keyboard it would draw from the tablet more to keep things balanced and hence give a indication of using more of it than from the keyboard most of the time. If the keyboard was charged more than the tablet it would draw more from it until things are equal. When docked they should die at about the same time.
Somebody please correct me if I am wrong..

sehkmet wrote:A question for the more tech-savvy: should the keyboard dock battery deplete before the tablet, or the tablet battery before the keyboard?

I've noticed today that the tablet is draining first, and the other day it was the dock that was acting as the 'primary' battery.

Computers are hard! o_o

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 590 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

sunlandtexas wrote:Same here... no info, no product... great disappointment

I know it's hard as this is your first purchase. The shipping is pretty much on track with our 5 business day goal, especially when you consider the holiday and weekend in there.

Word I have is that they have shipped but we are having issues with the tracking info upload. We were told they were uploaded but they're not showing up for some reason.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rlennons

TimInCT wrote:Dumb question... You are charging with the provided adapter? That USB at the end at the cable wont charge the dock (but will charge the tablet) from a P/C. It needs the higher charge rate of the little brick. If I hadn't read it in this forum, I wouldn't have known either.

You must have misunderstood me. I was using the provided charger. I let it charge with the "little brick" from a wall outlet for over eight hours to no avail. I talked to costumer service today who were pretty efficient at getting me in the information- the keyboard is in the mail now to the Asus repair center and will hopefully come back working (although it will be two weeks with no keyboard).

Slurm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Slurm
ThunderThighs wrote:Ahhh, update. Some tracking has been uploaded still waiting on more

Apologies on the delay.

10 days and still "Awaiting Shipping" status. (Mountain View, CA)

I expect it to show up any day now (hopefully it will not be stolen while I am at work).

I'm not going to bug the service@woot.com people -they are busy helping those they can help, and don't need to waste time replying to me just to say "We don't know." I have contacted them previously about issues with other woots -and they took care of me quickly, and with no hassle. I've bough from Woot many times, and have no complaints so far.

This is pretty poor service, but if Woot hasn't received the file from whomever is actually refurbishing/warehousing/shipping the things there is not much they can do. Except maybe remember this and not use this vendor again.

jblondin1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jblondin1

My girlfriend and I got our tablets yesterday. Two problems. One unit, like others, the dock isnt charging, the other, has a noticable white flash showing at the bottom left hand screen. Wasnt expecting perfection, but my last woot as well. How do I return these?

BTBAM

quality posts: 2 Private Messages BTBAM

Received my tablet yesterday and everything was working great for about 24 hours until the touch screen completely stopped working.

Tried a hard/cold reset among several other things. Sounds like it's just a dud.

At this point I'm kind of fed up with Woot. Have never had problems with refurbished goods before so this is kind of disheartening. Hoping to get a replacement ASAP with Support@Woot

sweh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sweh
sehkmet wrote:A question for the more tech-savvy: should the keyboard dock battery deplete before the tablet, or the tablet battery before the keyboard?

Computers are hard! o_o

If it acts like the "Prime" (TF200) then the keyboard unit effectively recharges the tablet, so I'd expect the keyboard battery to die first. This is a good thing because it means the tablet part still has full charge for detached operation if you decide to go walkies :-)

coolbro12389

quality posts: 3 Private Messages coolbro12389

I don't really see how people are getting so angry over this. I have bought stuff here before and yea i have never had this much of a issue but they are good about getting it fixed, and this happens on other sites as well, i recently bought something on newegg and it arrived at my house a day before the site said it shipped. Its online stuff just happens gotta be patient.

sehkmet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sehkmet
sweh wrote:If it acts like the "Prime" (TF200) then the keyboard unit effectively recharges the tablet, so I'd expect the keyboard battery to die first. This is a good thing because it means the tablet part still has full charge for detached operation if you decide to go walkies :-)

That is a fantastic thing - it wasn't doing that earlier (the tablet was chomping power but the keyboard remained untouched; I'd taken it off and on a few times from the keyboard) but after I did a power off/on it is now doing exactly as you describe. Awesome bit of engineering, and I hope it was just a weird gremlin that had it misbehaving previously.

johnnyrighton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnnyrighton

Got mine Friday. Blue! It's got a spot on the screen where the touch doesn't work, though. I can't type an 'i' or an '8' in landscape mode. Cold reboot didn't work. I've already requested an RMA from Asus.