urhos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages urhos
johnnyrighton wrote:Got mine Friday. Blue! It's got a spot on the screen where the touch doesn't work, though. I can't type an 'i' or an '8' in landscape mode. Cold reboot didn't work. I've already requested an RMA from Asus.

How do we go about doing this? And aren't refurbished products supposed to be tested and work?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 562 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

coolbro12389 wrote:I don't really see how people are getting so angry over this. I have bought stuff here before and yea i have never had this much of a issue but they are good about getting it fixed, and this happens on other sites as well, i recently bought something on newegg and it arrived at my house a day before the site said it shipped. Its online stuff just happens gotta be patient.

Love you!

I do sympathize with the other posters though. If you're used to buying from Amazon, you're used to getting stuff fast. Same goes for me. I find that buying from other companies is like a surprise. I get a package in the mail and try to remember what in the heck I ordered. Doesn't help that I have the memory of a gnat.

The thing is, we aren't Amazon. We are an independant subsidiary which means we have a distant relationship and operate independently.

But hey, we need to get better and customer feedback helps us do that.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

coolbro12389

quality posts: 3 Private Messages coolbro12389
ThunderThighs wrote:

Love you!

I do sympathize with the other posters though. If you're used to buying from Amazon, you're used to getting stuff fast. Same goes for me. I find that buying from other companies is like a surprise. I get a package in the mail and try to remember what in the heck I ordered. Doesn't help that I have the memory of a gnat.

The thing is, we aren't Amazon. We are an independant subsidiary which means we have a distant relationship and operate independently.

But hey, we need to get better and customer feedback helps us do that.

yea i mean it isn't the funnest experience, but even with the big sites it happens. Hell even the retail stores don't get their own stuff in stock when its supposed to. People just need to realize the world isn't a perfect place and you just gotta let what happens happen. It gets sorted out in the end

johnnyrighton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnnyrighton

I went to the Asus website.

http://www.service.asus.com/#!consumer/csn9

urhos wrote:How do we go about doing this? And aren't refurbished products supposed to be tested and work?

w00teregrine

quality posts: 1 Private Messages w00teregrine

Customer Support. Last number was bad.

chromwolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chromwolf
coolbro12389 wrote:I don't really see how people are getting so angry over this. I have bought stuff here before and yea i have never had this much of a issue but they are good about getting it fixed, and this happens on other sites as well, i recently bought something on newegg and it arrived at my house a day before the site said it shipped. Its online stuff just happens gotta be patient.

As I said in my earlier post, perhaps I'm pampered by Newegg and Amazon... But as Thunderthighs acknowledges, they ship things much faster. I've never had a problem with items being shipped from either of those sites, and even if they didn't post tracking info, I got the option to select and clearly see how quickly my purchase would ship to me, so I knew when to expect it. No information + reports of glitches that should have been caught in the refurb QC + could have gotten a slightly lesser deal by waking up early on Black Friday and had the unit in hand same day + first woot = bad experience, plain and simple. Don't see why people are confused about the grumpiness on those points.

One that note, for those of you hating on the haters: Sorry, but I need a good experience the first time I try out a new (for me) online vendor. You may be prepared to show good customer loyalty, and props for that, but don't get so upset that not everyone's rolling that way. Different strokes and all that.

EDIT: It's worth noting I did just get my tracking number e-mail. Not very pleased, after all of this, that this was only set up for shipping on Friday the 30th, nor that it won't get here till Tuesday. I get the patience thing, but at the same time, it's one more thing that could have gone far better for a first time experience.

teaxleaf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teaxleaf
lukasgrammy wrote:I'm here in So Cal too, and I'm still waiting, don't even have shipping confirmation yet.

Finally, the status changed as shipped and hopefully I will get mine tomr......

thedeadguy25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thedeadguy25

Update:

Finally got my shipping email. Shipped on Friday the 3th, which is 6 business days after order. And shipped estimated arrival is 12/05. Total business days until order expected to receive: 9 days.

I'm sorry, but this is complete neglect for customer satisfaction as this point. What if I get a faulty product now? I can't enjoy my tablet for over a goddamn month. This was definitely a huge mistake ordering anything important from Woot.

I won't make this mistake twice, and I'll definitely go out of my way to help others avoid the same mistake.

bretdwilliams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bretdwilliams

Finally received my shipping info at 3:45 this morning. Looks like my tablet shipped out Thursday evening and will arrive Tuesday before the end of the day. I gotta say, I appreciate that someone is working at all hours of the night to finally update our information. At least it seems like that's the case. All I hope now is that I don't get a dud!

jharlow56

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jharlow56

I just got my "shipped" notice. It was shipped on the 29th. (It is now the 2nd.) Scheduled for delivery tomorrow (Monday). Can't wait to get my hands on my first Woot purchase. Hopefully Woot will learn a lesson from the disgruntled first time buyers like myself, and prevent this unpleasantness in the future.

TimInCT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TimInCT
rlennons wrote:You must have misunderstood me. I was using the provided charger. I let it charge with the "little brick" from a wall outlet for over eight hours to no avail. I talked to costumer service today who were pretty efficient at getting me in the information- the keyboard is in the mail now to the Asus repair center and will hopefully come back working (although it will be two weeks with no keyboard).

True, I misunderstood then. Hopefully it'll get corrected with the new keyboard.

bilski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bilski

Just got my shipping notice as well. It's in my city, now I just have to distract myself through work tomorrow!

Hope mine's not one of the duds!

021texasreb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 021texasreb
teaxleaf wrote:Finally, the status changed as shipped and hopefully I will get mine tomr......

I too finally received my ups alert today. We will see what condition it is in.

reffu42

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reffu42

Just got my shopping email, appears it shipped our Thursday evening and will get here Monday sometime. While I am a loyal Woot! customer and have no problems with slow shipping time, I am pretty disappointed that it took over a week to ship and a week and a half to notify me that it shipped. That's something I would expect more from a place like 1saleaday than Woot (amusingly some of the things I've received from then over a year ago are still make as "processing")

dravec

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dravec

I also received a tracking number overnight. Credit where credit is due, THANK YOU to whoever at Woot put in the extra time this weekend to get this information out.

It looks like mine shipped within the advised 5 business days, so if the communication had just gone smoothly then there'd have been no stress. Like some others who have posted, I need to make arrangements to safely receive certain packages (especially USPS -- this is UPS thankfully).

Still very concerned about the refurb quality, but that's what the Asus warranty is for...

w00teregrine

Got my notice, too. Mailed on Thursday.
Justin from woot told me it was shipped a week ago.
Shady.

kalo571

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kalo571

Just received my notice late last night, mine was shipped on the 28th (5 business days after the order) and will not arrive until Wednesday, Nov 5th (another 5 business days). Total time from order to expected arrival = 14 days.

I bought this as a present for my girlfriend whose birthday was yesterday, fully expecting that it would arrive within the 9 days (7 business days) I had allotted for.

This is the first unpleasant experience I've had with woot! and might just be the last. I see no one on staff offering any apologies for the deplorable shipping situation, just excuses.

ravencajun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ravencajun

Update : I just received the Woot email with shipping information. Tracking states it was scheduled for delivery Wednesday but then it says updated early delivery will be Tuesday December 4th.
So I am hopeful to get it Tuesday and be lucky to get one with out any warts!

I will post back when it is in hand

Thanks to the Woot staff for the shipping information.

bilwil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bilwil

Received notice today (Dec 2)that it has been shipped. ETA is Monday 12/3.
will post both good & bad when it arrives

SteveDuck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SteveDuck

Finally got my tracking info and I'm pretty upset... because it clearly shows Woot gave me false information regarding the shipping of my tablet. I apologize for the lengthy post, but I want to be as accurate as possible regarding my issues with Woot.

Two days after ordering the tablet I became concerned because the status still said "Awaiting shipping." I searched the Woot website and could find no information as to their shipping policies. I checked the general forums (I hadn't yet found this specific forum relating to the Asus Transformer) and found many complaints about shipping and some replies indicating it could take up to 5 business days to ship. Since I hadn't expected a week delay in shipping I was considering canceling the order as I could buy the same model tablet at BestBuy that day for only $279, brand new (without the keyboard).

So at about 8:45 AM on Fri, Nov 23, I sent Woot a Customer Service inquiry stating my concern that the order hadn't shipped yet and asking when it would be shipped. I received a quick automated reply assigning a case number, and about 6 hours later I received the following email response:

(Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 2:29 PM; case# CAS-68555-​N7V6S1 CRM:001187​4)
"Your order has shipped. We are in the process of obtaining tracking now.
Since we had these drop shipped from our vendor partner, the tracking is not always readily available.
We apologize for the delay and thank you for your continued patience."

Obviously I learned today that this information was false... the tablet didn't really ship until the evening of Wed, Nov 28! But at the time that email made me feel better... my order had (allegedly) shipped... therefore I couldn't request to cancel the order and I expected the tablet would arrive in a few days. I still went to BestBuy the next day and purchased one of the tablets for my wife; they had plenty in stock and I could have bought one for myself at the Black Friday price if I hadn't been given the false shipping information by Woot.

Days went by and no tablet arrived. (I had no idea they would ship by ground service and shipping could take another week.) By Wednesday, Nov 28, I was concerned enough to send another email to Woot customer service asking when the tablet, which allegedly shipped the week before, would arrive. I again received a prompt automated reply (case# CAS-76615-T8T1L6) saying they "...strive to answer all inquiries within 24 hours if at all possible...." This time I never received an actual response... maybe because they would be forced to admit that the tablet had not yet even been shipped!

At this point I saw a reference on the main forum to this forum on the product page and learned that I was not alone... no one who ordered the tablet had received their tablet or even any shipping information and there were many anxious customers in the same boat.

Today, Sun Dec 2, at 12:40 AM I finally received the 'your order has shipped' email from Woot and found the tracking link on my order page, which revealed the following:
"Order Processed: Ready for UPS" at 11/28/2012, 3:41 P.M.,
"Origin Scan" at 11/28/2012, 9:32 P.M., and
"Scheduled Delivery" set for "Tuesday, 12/04/2012... By End of Day."
(My last UPS delivery was received at my house at 9:00 pm, so when they say "end of the day" they really mean it.)

I was shocked to learn that Woot had given me false information, stating that the order shipped on Nov 23 when it hadn't. That false information stopped me from canceling the order and taking advantage of the Black Friday sales that weekend.

I'm also surprised to learn that Woot thinks it's acceptable to take two weeks to deliver an item without providing any notice of that fact at time of purchase. Most reputable sales sites provide an estimated shipping date or a date you expect to receive your order at time of shipping. At least their should be a link to their shipping procedures and practices on the sales website... you shouldn't have to browse through a bunch of posts from disgruntled customers to learn that "we generally advise allowing up to 5 business days for the order to process and ship...."

And finally, I'm upset that they have the nerve to charge and extra $5 for shipping that takes two weeks. Since ordering the tablet I've ordered two accessories for it, one from Amazon and one from Newegg. Both items arrived at my house within 2 days and there was no charge for shipping. Woot needs to understand that this kind of service has become expected and therefore they need to clearly state their shipping policies at time of purchase. If I knew when I ordered that it would take two weeks to be delivered I might still be a happy customer... right now I'm not. I now understand why Woot identifies the first customer to purchase an item as the “First sucker.”

omh1009

quality posts: 7 Private Messages omh1009

It's been 15 pages so maybe this has been answered, but IS the SD card reader slot ON THE DOCK functional or just a capped slot from a different model?

I've seen on YouTube a review of a different dock model that has a SD reader on the same side the USB port is. On my dock there is a plastic cap on the same spot that I have been trying to remove with my nails, but which I don't want to force.

Edit: got the slot opened, o joy more expandability!

Pinged from Newark NJ, to Fort Worth Texas.

marinebioguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marinebioguy

Here is Southern California I have received my shipping information. It looks like the package was shipped within the 5 business day period (11.28.12) and setup to be received early this upcoming week. I have been in contact with Woot CS, and though I may have been a little harsh with my words, I do appreciate all that they seem to have been dealing with on this deal. In my opinion it sounds like most people did have their items shipped within the 5 days (have not seen more no info still this morning or a later shipping date that the 28th) and most of this was fueled by people reacting to some lucky people to receiving their tablets early (yeah to you!). Looking forward to playing with my new toy and hope that I am in the vast majority that receive perfectly working units (if you think about it, how many units did Woot actually sell versus how many unique complaints on here - every service including refurbished sales have some problems. Hey, I've received brand new items that slipped through quality control and had to get a replacement).

w00teregrine

omh1009 wrote:It's been 15 pages so maybe this has been answered, but IS the SD card reader slot ON THE DOCK functional or just a capped slot from a different model?

Fully functional. PUSH IT IN to pop it out, though. There is a spacer there to keep dust out.

Agree with dude that typed that last long email. Exact same situation here. Justin from Woot told me it had shipped. Tracking info arrived at 3:30 AM saying it hadn't shipped til this past Thursday.
So Justin lied to me?
This makes me think that Woot CS reps are just told "when someone asks about shipping just tell em "it was shipped" because normally by the time someone asks that they will get their order soon. This may be wrong but that's the impression I get.
Also, as long poster dude said, if they would have said upfront "shipping could take some time" I would have been fine with it.
A good experience and I would have been a rabid Woot fan. As it stands, I doubt I will buy from Woot again.
Too bad too because I might have gotten today's hammock to replace my 7 year old one that I take on my hiking trips...
And the people sticking up for Woot, I get that this is probably not normal. But with the many places out there where I can choose where to spend my money, why would I give Woot another chance? Although I still may it probably won't be soon.

SCGT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SCGT

I received the email from Woot on 11/29 telling me mine had shipped, then was pleasantly surprised to find that it actually had shipped and was delivered to me on 11/30!

A glitch I'm having, though, is that I am not getting the Jelly Bean OTA update, and I can't figure out how to manually update. I don't want to root because I don't want to mess with the warranty. If anyone else has this problem and figures out a solution, I'd appreciate you posting it because it's a pretty cool combo, but if I'm not going to be able to update it without rooting it, I think I'll return it.

SCGT

optiguyzimo wrote:Ok, so first I check for the ota update and get nothing, the go to asus web sight find the latest update for the U.S. Tf300t download it, extract and place it in the root of my sd card, shut down reboot holding volume and power at same time, press volume up at recovery, it looks like it starts to update then I get anbroid on its side.

Same problem here.

On an unrelated note, mine shipped from CT on 11/26 via UPS ground and was delivered to Los Angeles on 11/30.

SCGT

SCGT wrote:Same problem here.

On an unrelated note, mine shipped from CT on 11/26 via UPS ground and was delivered to Los Angeles on 11/30.

OK, not sure how this happened, but my TF300T updated to 4.1.1. The last thing I did was tried to reboot with the update on an SDHC card but had gotten the dead android so I figured it didn't take. When it booted up, it showed that an update was available, so that is probably what worked, but I tried it before and nothing, so it could be that the OTA finally found me. Either way, I've got JB now so it looks like it's a keeper.

omh1009

quality posts: 7 Private Messages omh1009
SCGT wrote:OK, not sure how this happened, but my TF300T updated to 4.1.1. The last thing I did was tried to reboot with the update on an SDHC card but had gotten the dead android so I figured it didn't take. When it booted up, it showed that an update was available, so that is probably what worked, but I tried it before and nothing, so it could be that the OTA finally found me. Either way, I've got JB now so it looks like it's a keeper.

Iwent to ASUS Support but my build number is not even near the one on their example. My trans build # is IML74K.US epad_9.4.3.30-20120604.
The page talks about the update being for the "JP" version. Where is the version we need?

Edit: I was using the TF300T to visit the download page and for some reason it wont display the whole page. I went there on a PC and and more Firmwares where available for download.

Pinged from Newark NJ, to Fort Worth Texas.

fede82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fede82

I'm a little worried here.
I don't live in the USA, I bought this tablet and had it sent to a friend who lives there.

I will be going to the USA in a month or so, so until then I won't know if the unit works properly or not.

Does anybody know if there's some time limit for returns/RMA/whatever if the tablet doesn't work right?

I have never bought refurbs before and after reading that so many people had issues I`m panicking a little.
:S

w00teregrine

As someone else said, like 6 people at best had problems. Considering they probably sold 150 of these, I wouldn't be too concerned.
You have 90 days. Period.
Have your friend open it, charge it, and test the keyboard and screen.

daziesmer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daziesmer

I received mine at the end of last week, and ran into a few problems. First it wouldn't update to JB, but Asus support sent a note with instructions that fixed that:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.

My name is Joe and it's my pleasure to help you with your problem.

This may be the firmware issue.Please do these steps to update the firmware.
For manual download:

From your PC you will need a micro SD card

1. Go to http://support.asus.com.cn/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=28&s=1&m=ASUS%20Transformer%20Pad%20TF300T&os=32&ft=20&f_name=US_epaduser10_4_2_17UpdateLauncher.zip#US_epaduser10_4_2_17UpdateLauncher.zip
2. Select Android OS
3. Download Version V10.4.2.17 from the Global server
4. Unzip and save to desired location.
5. Copy entire folder to root level of SD card
6. Remove SD card from PC and insert to into Transformer TF300T
7. Bottom of screen in notification area next to clock you will see and update.

But I have two other issues, one none of the keys on the dock work but the rest of the features do (mouse, charging, USB, and SD reader) and two the Recovery Kernal [RCK] gives me the android on it side with a red exclamation.

Looks like it has to go back. But the question is to whom? Asus support says the item is defective so send it back to the vendor. I sent a note to Woot for the next step.

Bummed.

Goncalo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Goncalo

Mine arrived with a defective headphone jack. I contacted Asus support and got a link to their RMA request page, and now I'm in the queue for a response.

BTW, for those asking about the color, mine is a very dark blue, almost black.

sehkmet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sehkmet

Been playing with my TF300 for the past few days, and so far everything seems hunky-dory - I feel almost guilty that mine's working well when people are having trouble.

I also discovered that apparently the keyboard will not charge the tablet until the tablet is at 70%. This was news to me because I was getting quite concerned the keyboard wasn't doing what it was supposed to be doing! So there we go.

(Link, bottom post on the page: http://www.transformerforums.com/forum/transformer-pad-300-help/30494-my-transformer-tf300-wont-charge-my-keyboard-dock-anymore.html - BTW, I'm pretty sure this place has been mentioned before but it's a great resource to learn how to enjoy your tablet properly.)

edit: mine is the very dark blue as well; that's probably what everyone's is going to be.

w00teregrine

Got mine just now. Seems to be in pristine condition. No JB update when checking but this can take time. Not worried.
So far so good. Haven't checked everything like the headphone jack or what not.
Thanks Woot. Still not thrilled with the overall experience, but I did get a *knock on wood* good product.

w00teregrine

daziesmer wrote:I received mine at the end of last week, and ran into two problem. IFirst it wouldn't update to JB, but Asus support sent a note with instructions that fixed that:

Since I was here already, downloaded this. Worked just like it said. Insert card: updated detected.

Thanks Dazie.

Goncalo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Goncalo
w00teregrine wrote:Got mine just now. Seems to be in pristine condition. No JB update when checking but this can take time.

It took a few hours, but mine eventually notified me of an available update, and then updated to JB 4.1.1 with no apparent issues. Everything else is working well, I hate that I have to RMA it because of the headphone jack.

Wootwithme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wootwithme

Just got mine. After reading some of the posts regarding the cracking issues, bad pixels etc... I thought I'd just send it back. I couldn't stand it, took a chance and opened it up. Glad I did, it looks good, JB update notification was almost immediate. Working well. Very minor scratches, but I was probably going to do that anyway. lol

Mine is blue. Delivered to NW Washington State by 11AM PST.

I am jealous of the happy, smiling people I see in advertisements for antidepressants.

w00teregrine

Spoke to soon, I guess. Touch Input is getting wonky. Doesn't respond every time. Dragging icons and they will just stop and stick somewhere.
-sigh-
Resetting...

w00teregrine

w00teregrine wrote:
-sigh-
Resetting...

No joy. Seems to be a weak spot right around the lock screen. If I press REALLY REALLY hard it works.
Wow. Nightmare.
I will give it a few days but pretty bummed at this point.
Worst. Online. Shopping. Experience.
EVER
Hopefully I will not have to send it to Asus.

Now I feel really bad for telling a friend about the $249 deal. She bought it. REALLY hope she gets a good one...

w00teregrine

-sigh- Again. This is going back to Asus. A good test you can do is to open Super Note. Click Tutorial 2. This lets you draw lines on the screen. You can clearly see on my tablet several dead spots where the lines are missing when you draw. Set it next to my bosses tab and did the same test on both. Bosses tab clearly has straight solid lines going down the screen.

Of course I'd get a not good one one, right? IS this what I get for whining?
Calling Asus tomorrow. I'd like at least one day to play with it.

Now is anyone going to blame me or call me a whiner if I say "I'm never buying anything from Woot again???" ;)

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

w00teregrine wrote:-sigh- Again. This is going back to Asus. A good test you can do is to open Super Note. Click Tutorial 2. This lets you draw lines on the screen. You can clearly see on my tablet several dead spots where the lines are missing when you draw. Set it next to my bosses tab and did the same test on both. Bosses tab clearly has straight solid lines going down the screen.

Of course I'd get a not good one one, right? IS this what I get for whining?
Calling Asus tomorrow. I'd like at least one day to play with it.

Now is anyone going to blame me or call me a whiner if I say "I'm never buying anything from Woot again???" ;)

nah. i mean, somebody might, but it won't be me.

anyway, if you have difficulty with Asus, please pop in here or email support to let us know.
apologies for all the trouble.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.