satch69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages satch69
daziesmer wrote:I received mine at the end of last week, and ran into a few problems. First it wouldn't update to JB, but Asus support sent a note with instructions that fixed that:

But I have two other issues, one none of the keys on the dock work but the rest of the features do (mouse, charging, USB, and SD reader) and two the Recovery Kernal [RCK] gives me the android on it side with a red exclamation.

Looks like it has to go back. But the question is to whom? Asus support says the item is defective so send it back to the vendor. I sent a note to Woot for the next step.

Bummed.

Did the instructions really fix it? I repeated this with a microSD unzipping the download into the root folder and inserting, with no result

Am I a man who has just been dreaming that he was a butterfly, or a sleeping butterfly, now dreaming that he is a man?

aheston

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aheston

Houston we have touchdown in
San Antonio. Both my son's and my blue tablets arrived today. Physically both seem as new, power on and downloaded update automatically. I'll leave the more detailed testing to my son. And Woot remember the HP touchpad sale in January? I seem to remember similar grumblings re: shipping info or am I misremembering?
Me? I'm OK, we're family and I know
you'll come through for us. Thanks.

robegarc

quality posts: 14 Private Messages robegarc

Mine came in today, works fine. My mother also bought one but that one doesn't even power on, even with the charger plugged in.

Anyone got any tips that might work?

satch69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages satch69
satch69 wrote:Did the instructions really fix it? I repeated this with a microSD unzipping the download into the root folder and inserting, with no result

Nevermind, I had to unzip the downloaded update TWICE, 2nd time into the root folder. Tried re-inserting the SD a couple of times, and it finally sensed the update file. Still in the midst of updating... SO EXCITE

Am I a man who has just been dreaming that he was a butterfly, or a sleeping butterfly, now dreaming that he is a man?

robegarc

quality posts: 14 Private Messages robegarc
robegarc wrote:Mine came in today, works fine. My mother also bought one but that one doesn't even power on, even with the charger plugged in.

Anyone got any tips that might work?

Never mind... apparently these things take a long time to recharge if not using the charger it came with.

http://www.transformerforums.com/forum/asus-transformer-rescue-squad-guides/10166-rs-guide-so-your-transformer-wont-charge-boot.html

bilwil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bilwil

arrive by UPS 7:00 PM DEC 3 Did not receive users manual or nothing to advise how it works. I am new to the android OPS. I am now charging unit and downloading 90 Page owners manual
Any suggestions on next steps.
unit is Black in color

jharlow56

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jharlow56

Finally received mine at 6:30PM tonight (Monday) after ordering it on the 21st. It is black and is charging now. I hope I don't have any of the issues others seem to be having..

021texasreb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 021texasreb

Finally received the tablet in DFW Texas. #1: after opening box, wow it looks brand new.
#2. would not boot up. discovered both batteries were drained to zero.
#3. No problem, seems to be charging and it finally booted.
#4. The tablet is very smooth on jelly bean. The screen works great,headphone output works,keyboard works, and micro sd works.
#5. It does not recognize my full sd card. Could be my card or software issue, will investigate.

Overall, this an great deal.

matthowerules

quality posts: 0 Private Messages matthowerules

Got mine today...finally. The touchscreen worked for 3 minutes, then I plugged in the dock, and nothing has worked since. In essence, it is a netbook...ugh. I have ordered plenty of stuff from woot over the past few years, but this really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

tyimez2112

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tyimez2112

Received today in Pa also. So far, so good. Update took awhile, but was automatic now on version 4.1.1
I'm also new to tablets and Android. Here is a link to a video I found for set-up that helped me.

http://cnettv.cnet.com/set-up-asus-transformer-pad-tf300/9742-1_53-50123811.html

omh1009

quality posts: 7 Private Messages omh1009

I don't get it, how do you get jellybean? I went to ASUS and got the US fw, unzipped it twice, saved to the internal SD, and waited for a notification that never came.

Pinged from Newark NJ, to Fort Worth Texas.

021texasreb

021texasreb wrote:Finally received the tablet in DFW Texas. #1: after opening box, wow it looks brand new.
#2. would not boot up. discovered both batteries were drained to zero.
#3. No problem, seems to be charging and it finally booted.
#4. The tablet is very smooth on jelly bean. The screen works great,headphone output works,keyboard works, and micro sd works.
#5. It does not recognize my full sd card. Could be my card or software issue, will investigate.

Overall, this an great deal.

SD card does work, just had the wrong format. Thank you woot.

021texasreb

omh1009 wrote:I don't get it, how do you get jellybean? I went to ASUS and got the US fw, unzipped it twice, saved to the internal SD, and waited for a notification that never came.

Try going to settings, then about tablet, then update firmware and see what happens. In about tablet settings it should say 4.1.1.

terminalraptor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages terminalraptor

Mine came today. I got my shipping info Sunday morning around two am, so I'm not sure what is up with that, but I am grateful. I'm typing this post on it. So far so good. The tablet is pristine. The dock had some very minor scuffs on these bottom, but it's nothing that wouldn't happen naturally after a day of real usage. So far it's looking like I got a great deal. I'm amazed how well the dock works with android. I need to make sure the sd and USB ports work, but that is it.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 157 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

matthowerules wrote:Got mine today...finally. The touchscreen worked for 3 minutes, then I plugged in the dock, and nothing has worked since. In essence, it is a netbook...ugh. I have ordered plenty of stuff from woot over the past few years, but this really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

We're sorry to hear that you received a defective unit. We recommend that you contact Asus Support to see if they can help remedy the situation.

If they prove unhelpful, please feel free to contact Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be glad to answer any questions or concerns you may have.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

omh1009

021texasreb wrote:Try going to settings, then about tablet, then update firmware and see what happens. In about tablet settings it should say 4.1.1.

"there is no update available for your device currently"
That's why I downloaded the update. It crash a couple of times.
The default browser handles HTML5 videos better than DolphinHD (at least the sites I visit, these have heavy flash plug-in action) where the quality of video reproduction suffers greatly. I have a galaxy player 5.0 running GB 3.5.6 in which I exclusively run Dolphin browser w/flash, on the other hand, on the TF300T, Dolphin videos only work HTML5 @240p. The default browser plays at better resolution without crashing but the bastard is crashing with regular browsing often saying that it has stopped responding.
Hopping that JB could fix that.

damorere

quality posts: 9 Private Messages damorere

I finally got mine THIS EveNING. IT UPDAteD TO JB JUST \FINE, but the ONLY TIME i hit the SHI\FT KEy while TYPNG THIS WAS \FOR THE \first i - and those SLASHEs be\FORE the \F'S? THEY are GI\FTS \FROM THE keYBOARD. sIGH. i PUT IN A teCH REquesT \FORM TO ASUS. HOPE\fully theRE IS A \FIX SO I DON'T HAVE to senD IT BACK...

w00teregrine

quality posts: 1 Private Messages w00teregrine
PemberDucky wrote:nah. i mean, somebody might, but it won't be me.

Eh, no one can blame me at this point.

anyway, if you have difficulty with Asus, please pop in here or email support to let us know.

But I shouldn't, right? These are warrented by Asus, right?

apologies for all the trouble.

I do appreciate that.

Brought it home. Thought it might warm up? Hoped. Nah. Getting worse.
Sucks because I love this damn thing. HD YouTUbe on it? Ornaments Make Festive Garland Jaw dropping and smooth.
It really is one of the best.

w00teregrine

Tip for Droid Tab Rookies: Widgets and Launchers. Play with Widgets. Once you get used to how to use those, check out some of the other "Launchers". Apex is one to check out.

w00teregrine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwftViLfny8

Video I made when a friend asked my opinion if he should get an Apple or Android. He said to tell him in 2 m
onutes or less. So I shot this from my ANdroid phone and posted it and sent it to him.

Maybe it will give you guys some ideas.
Feeling helpful. ;)

w00teregrine

Called Asus.
They have no record of a warranty on this Serial #. So I had to forward my purchase email to them and will find out "in 24 - 48 hours" if I am under warranty and they will accept an RMA.
Am I going to have a problem here? These ARE under an Asus Refurb warranty, correct?

They did have me do a different factory reset. THen he's like "so call back if that doesn't fix it"... I'm like "Uh, no, you are going to wait on the phone to see if it is fixed...". Where's the Fruitcake?, really?
I had a good experience in the past with Asus support. Hopefully this will be one, as well.

mystixmind

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mystixmind

Hi! Can you post a link for the manual please. Thanks!!

bilwil wrote:arrive by UPS 7:00 PM DEC 3 Did not receive users manual or nothing to advise how it works. I am new to the android OPS. I am now charging unit and downloading 90 Page owners manual
Any suggestions on next steps.
unit is Black in color

swaziloo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swaziloo

Received mine yesterday (SF Bay Area) and the touch screen is bad. There's a 1.5" square area on the top-right corner (when horizontal) that doesn't register correctly, if at all. Additionally, it registers "phantom" inputs from that area, and the whole thing goes crazy. Tried multiple resets/data clears with no change whatsoever.

I've got a few Woot!s under my belt, so I wasn't inordinately put-out by having to wait 12 days for an order to arrive, but now having to contact ASUS to deal with shipping and warranty and whatnot is really making me reevaluate what my time is worth. I'm a fan, but sorry Woot!, this whole experience has been - and continues to be - godawful.

I've always had good luck with refurbs, but I certainly won't buy one from Woot! again.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

w00teregrine & swaziloo, we've pinged some folks over here to see what we can do to help out. Sorry you both are having so much trouble.

I'm just hanging out, really.

digitalmaster

quality posts: 6 Private Messages digitalmaster
inkycatz wrote:w00teregrine & swaziloo, we've pi som folks over here to see what we can do to help out. Sorry you both are having so much trouble.

It's almost useless explaining my problem as I see other people here having my exact same problem.

The screen is bad. There is a dead area on the screen. Also, the screen is unresponsive half of the time and all of the time if it is docked or on a stand or laying on a table.

I contacted woot and they don't have any more in stock as a replacement.

I contacted asus but there's no serial number on this unit so they said its not under waranty. I would have to send it in and they would tell me what it costs AFTER they receive it.

This is one of my most dissapointing online transactions; especially since I have been happy with Woot for the past 2 years. I have made so many recomendations. For now on, I will make sure people know not to buy electronics here.

Its one thing to ruin a present for someone, but it's another to claim it's under warranty but remove the serial number. They probably picked these up as damaged returns and claimed they were refurbished.

I am going to seek every possible remedy and file every possible complaint. This was my last purchase at Woot.

bigjoe87865

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigjoe87865

What does woot have to say about these complaints about the quality of the machines?... not the shipping times.

w00teregrine

digitalmaster wrote:

I contacted asus but there's no serial number on this unit so they said its not under waranty. I would have to send it in and they would tell me what it costs AFTER they receive it.

Do you still have the box? It should be on the outside of the box at a minimum.

Thanks Pember. Left Karen a message.

If anyone needs a data reset to returb the unit, you can hold POWER and VOLUME DOWN to reboot into recovery. Once the 4 icons come up volume down til you get to the wupe option. Then vol up 2 times.

fourgotten

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fourgotten
chromwolf wrote:As a first-time Wooter, I am very disappointed. Maybe I'm just pampered on sites like Newegg and Amazon, but this inspires me to just go back to the goodness I know and skip the deal next time. Sorry Woot, first impressions are everything, and you didn't make a good one at all with me.

I am very much in the same boat here.

Granted, I have plenty of friends and colleagues who have ordered from Woot and had excellent service and reasonable shipping times, but this is MY first experience with Woot that they Tiny Tim it up this badly? The topper on the cake being that it takes a full day to hear anything back from anyone in support?

I'm half tempted to send it back to them with extremely explicit delivery instructions!

fourgotten

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fourgotten
geoffgass wrote:Received in Chicago. Still Awaiting Shipping on woot.com.

A lot of you need to chill out. You bought this for a great price on a deal-a-day site, you didn't pay full price from amazon.

Frankly, it was a GOOD price... for a refurb item.

Waiting a week and half to even get shipping information is unacceptable, no matter how good or bad the deal is.

bretdwilliams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bretdwilliams

Finally received my unit this afternoon. Has zero signs of use, and so far everything seems to work correctly but I haven't tested everything yet. I have one issue though. I have a bright spot on the LCD about 2 inches above the battery icon on the nav bar. Looks similar to what happens to an LCD when it comes in contact with a liquid. Oh well, not enough of a reason to bother with sending it back I guess...

Gotta say though, this thing is super neat.

ravencajun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ravencajun

Mine just got delivered today here in North Houston.
I just did a few minor checks on it and it is now charging. It is dark blue, the under side of keyboard has minor scratches no big deal, the tablet looks very good no scratches or dings. I did power it on and checked out a few things, I did do the test that was mentioned here to open super note and do the 2 tutorial to check for bad areas on the screen. My lines were solid and black everywhere I and I tried pretty much the entire screen.
I did connect it to the dock and that went smoothly.
Once it is fully charged I will connect to wifi and get busy. By the way it found my wifi immediately.

On mine there is a small plastic clear sticker on the edge that has the serial number and other info you might check if your unit has that. Mine is on the tablet and the doc on the edge.

For the link to the manual this is where I have been reading it
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/EeePAD/TF300T/TF300T_MANUAL_en_20120423.pdf

I did not look to see if there is a manual on the device all of my other android tablets have had a manual on the device where you find all of your apps and stuff, the icon says user manual I think. Someone check and see if this one has that?? It would be helpful if it did.

For first time Android users I often recommend this guide.
http://www.completeguides.net/01_The_Complete_Android_Guide

Plus the specific forums for the device are a wonderful resource.

I will update once I have it charged up and tested.

bigjoe87865

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigjoe87865

Well, received mine. pretty unhappy ,I have a dead screen as well in the upper left hand side of the screen

and the unit itself was pretty dirty, the back plastic panel has dirt and grime in the grooves. They didn't even clean it up good

really makes me question how much effort went into refurbishing this. I really think they just bought a bunch of 80% working units for dirt cheap and pawned it off on us "regular folks"

and yes, woot got these off another vendor but as an end user, I have no one else to be upset at except woot.

What are my options, I really want a working tf300 + dock @ $305.

woot is sold out of these so they wont send another one. And warranty work with asus will incur a decent amount in shipping + wait times. which significantly reduces the value of this "deal".

I didn't even bother opening up the keyboard.

for so many people to receive "refurb" units with similar issues mean that someone somewhere along the line was being unethical. Did they think we wouldn't notice the defect?... how dumb do they take us for?...

Before I even received the unit , I knew I would get the dead screen problem. It isn't a coincidence.

EclipseNinja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EclipseNinja

I recieved my tablet Friday. Everything looks great except the nonfunctioning headphone jack.

Sending it to ASUS in the morning for a RMA.

Has anyone had issues with the serial number rubbing off and sending their tablet in for repair?

parthib19

quality posts: 0 Private Messages parthib19

Got mine on Monday, Dec 3rd here in Pittsburgh PA. Blue in colour without the original ASUS box, just a plain brown box
Pleasantly surprised to find Android 4.1 preloaded, couldnt have asked for more. Screen seems OK did not find dead pixels. No scratches or anything of that sort
Some minor issues with the dock connected, but i figure im doing something wrong. Overall a great deal so far...

w00teregrine

EclipseNinja wrote:
Sending it to ASUS in the morning for a RMA.

So you had no issue with Asus?

EclipseNinja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EclipseNinja
w00teregrine wrote:So you had no issue with Asus?

Not yet. Their RMA email states that the lack of S/N on the device voids warrenty. I won't be happy it that happens since it rubbed off after only a few times sticking it into the keyboard dock. There's a lot of important info on those cheap little stickers ASUS used.

I tried to register the device on the ASUS website before calling support and the website would not accept the serial as valid. Customer support did not balk at the serial number. I took a picture of the serial number information that was on the side of the boxes.

I almost hate sending it in just for the headphone jack but would like a fully functional device. The thing is awesome in all other respects.

jleuta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jleuta

Man this sucks. Either the Tablet was stolen from my front door or was delieved to the wrong address. I checked the UPS tracking number and it was left on my front pouch at 12pm. I called my wife who has been home all day and she says there's nothing that came today. Not sure what to do. Do I contact UPS, Woot, or the Police? I live in an apartment complex in the city of Santa Ana, CA (crappy neighborhood). So I won't be suprised if it was stolen, but I hope I was delieved to the wrong address and the person who received it will return it to me.

swaziloo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swaziloo

Just finished chatting with ASUS support. They'll RMA the tablet (he shows my serial # as being current and under warranty - found on the tablet under Settings->About Tablet->Status).

ASUS support led with "It definitely sounds like the vendor sent a you malfunctioning tablet. Have you already contacted the vendor for a replacement?" and confirmed that "In this case the easiest route to go is return it Woot as they should not have sold you a bad product".

But the get-rid-of broken-tech pickle is that I now have to pay return shipping to someone and if I return it to ASUS, I likely end up with a fixed-up $337 (plus one more shipping charge) tablet with a 90-day warranty. Or, I could return to Woot! for $337 (minus one more shipping charge) and buy the exact tablet/dock brand new from Best Buy today for $400 (plus tax and free shipping) with a one-year warranty.

I guess I go with ASUS and hope for their two-week turnaround estimate to be pessimistic. A whole month waiting for a tablet I purchased and 9 months less warranty to save, maybe $75. The word 'fiasco' suits this deal at this point.

omh1009

Still don't get this JB thing being too cool for my trasformer. Well "jelly bean" you can suck it!!!!!

I'm going to chill with ICS and FLASH PLAYER 11.1
Yeah, watching my TV shows online in 720p from certain site that hosts them.

You want Flash too? Get it directly from Adobe's Achives
Go down the page to the Android 4.0 section.

Now, If we figure out how to stop the post-sleep reboots we'll be golden.

jbenwo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbenwo

I'm in the same boat. Just got mine today and the the touch screen is not responsive. Extremely frustrated!