rlennons

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rlennons
w00teregrine wrote:So you had no issue with Asus?

I feel so fortunate right now that ONLY keyboard was malfunctioning... When I dealt with asus they were pretty accommodating, and gave me a return time of about seven to ten days. Hopefully it's good use from here on out..

bigjoe87865

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigjoe87865

Another issue I have is that my volume rocker key is jammed in stuck.

the dead spot on my screen is also making selections randomly frequently. almost makes the tablet useless and frustrating.

does woot cover the return shipping?. Are they out of replacements for sure?

marinebioguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marinebioguy

Received mine in today. Looks great (no blemishes) and the pixel test was flawless. Did not get any notification regarding the update to JB and even tried a manual update check with no luck. Grabbed the update off the Asus website and am in the process of manually updating it now. Very happy with my purchase (now I can start shopping cases). Thanks for the great deal Woot!

PS For those trying to register their units with Asus for the warranty, try the number that is actually in the unit's information under the settings. That worked for me.

Tonyssco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tonyssco

My boyfriend received his tablet today and we didn't have very high hopes about it after keeping up with the thread and hearing about the problems many of these units had. Much to our surprise the tablet seems perfect so far. No dead pixels, no dead spots, no blemishes.

For a few minutes we thought there was a problem with the tablet not charging without the tablet, but after some inspection of the charger everything turned out great.

Updated to Jellybean without a problem and runs like a charm.

lukasgrammy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lukasgrammy

I got mine this afternoon. It looks really good. So far, I'm happy. My biggest complaint so far was that it took so long to update shipping info...

I plugged in the tablet to charge it. A couple hours later, I checked the tablet and it had not charged at all. So I connected the dock to the tablet and plugged in the charger to the dock, which looks like the tablet is being charged now.

Is anyone having issues charging the tablet on its own?

And the supplied charger should charge both devices, right?

Thanks Wooters

omh1009

quality posts: 7 Private Messages omh1009
lukasgrammy wrote:I got mine this afternoon. It looks really good. So far, I'm happy. My biggest complaint so far was that it took so long to update shipping info...

I plugged in the tablet to charge it. A couple hours later, I checked the tablet and it had not charged at all. So I connected the dock to the tablet and plugged in the charger to the dock, which looks like the tablet is being charged now.

Is anyone having issues charging the tablet on its own?

And the supplied charger should charge both devices, right?

Thanks Wooters

Mine charges both together just fine. I haven't tried charging the tablet by itself though. Charging from the dock, my tablet reaches full charge before the dock does, and the dock runs dry first while in use. I should test lone table charging.

Pinged from Newark NJ, to Fort Worth Texas.

omh1009

Hey woot! how about some mini HDMI cables real cheap? chop, chop get to it. And maybe some cases for the tablet and dock together.

I have not crashed or rebooted since I installed flash, Maybe mine is having HTML5 problems. So I'm feeling good about the tf300t now, I think I can start accesorizing.

w00teregrine

quality posts: 1 Private Messages w00teregrine
omh1009 wrote:Hey woot! how about some mini HDMI cables real cheap? chop, chop get to it.

$3.00 cheap enough?

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=180-690&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=pla&utm_term=%7Bkeyword%7D

lukasgrammy

w00teregrine wrote:$3.00 cheap enough?

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=180-690&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=pla&utm_term=%7Bkeyword%7D

Thanks!

Any ideas on backup/car chargers?

Anyone else having problems charging the tablet directly, without the dock attached?

sweaver32

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sweaver32

Finally got this yesterday and happy to say it's working great. The only issue is a couple scratches on the back of the tablet, but functionally it's been just what I expected and actually better. Interface is smooth and snappy, keyboard works great, docking is no trouble. Asus did a good job of making android work like a laptop should, and not just a tablet with a keyboard. And with the ability to access a pc via something like splashtop or the included asus software, I am very glad I didn't pay twice as much or more for a win 8 version of this with no app support. Go android! And I haven't even updated to jellybean yet. For a gamer or business traveler this may not replace a laptop, but for the rest of us it can. And in my case it did, since the 12" hp media laptop refurb I bought from woot 4 years ago this month bit the dust last month. And hey, free tablet to boot!

dstalcup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dstalcup

My girlfriend and I each bought one. Her's arrived with a touch screen problem. Worked sometimes, most of the time it didn't. Flexing the unit slightly caused it to work. I'm sending it back to ASUS today, but on the phone they could not find warranty info for this product. I hope this goes smoothly.

Mine on the other hand works great, there is a bit of a deformity by the dock connector in the plastic. Maybe it was broke and remolded in the refurbishing process. This is not a problem, just cosmetic. Surprised my power adaptor came all scratched and used looking. Those are usually new with a refurbished item.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

bigjoe87865 wrote:Another issue I have is that my volume rocker key is jammed in stuck.

the dead spot on my screen is also making selections randomly frequently. almost makes the tablet useless and frustrating.

does woot cover the return shipping?. Are they out of replacements for sure?

sorry for the delayed response. if you haven't already, contact Asus support first & let them know everything.

if you run into difficulty with that, email Support@Woot.com & they'll help you with a resolution.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

teslaian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teslaian

Just received my tablet+dock today. No scratches or physical defects that I can see so far.

I've got to say, from reading these forums I was terrified to try this thing out because of all the problems reported.

Minus the shipping time, I'm extremely happy with this buy. If I come across any problems, I'll be sure to update. By the way, I'm typing this on it right now!

fourgotten

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fourgotten

OK. The unit finally arrived.

Unwrapped, configured, tested, and am charging.

It looks FANTASTIC. Update happened within minutes and so far all is well. *knock on wood*

I'm still not over the whole thing with the shipping info and long ship time, but I am sure that will fade... assuming that I don't see the same thing with my next Woot! purchase.

lukasgrammy

I'd still like to know if anyone is able to charge their tablets directly, without the dock attached.

My tablet seems to only want to charge with the dock attached.

Thanks!

fourgotten

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fourgotten

Is anyone else having issues with the GPS transceiver on their units?

EDIT: Derp. Reboot resolved.

w00teregrine

The tablet should, without a doubt, charge by itself.
Try connecting it to your PC and see if the if it recognizes it.

w00teregrine

PS. For those worried about sending it to Asus for repair. They don't repair them. They verify its broke and send you a new refurb one.

satch69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages satch69

Received mine with nary a scratch, and all hardware functional (including charging with or without dock).

Took a few hours (and manual efforts) to flash the firmware to JB, but it eventually happened.

DEFINITELY perform at least THREE factory resets after flashing. This is recommended by the fine folk at transformerforums.com and is intended to remove any residue of the previous O/S.

So far I've installed the following apps:
-Nova Launcher
-Avast Antivirus
-Chrome
-Cloudon/Pocketcloud/Splashtop (remote desktop/office)
-Wifi Analyzer
-Evernote
-MX Player (movie player)
-File Manager HD
-Google Earth

So far I've purchased the following accessories from Amazon:
-BobJ case
-ROOCase screen protector
-Sandisk class 10 32GB microSD

Oh, and I REGISTERED MY DEVICE with Asus using the provided serial number.

So far so good! Will probably wait until expiration of the 90-day warranty before rooting the device and letting the real fun begin...

Am I a man who has just been dreaming that he was a butterfly, or a sleeping butterfly, now dreaming that he is a man?

igrok1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages igrok1

My language is set to english, but my onscreen keyboard is chinese! How do I change it?

igrok1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages igrok1
igrok1 wrote:My language is set to english, but my onscreen keyboard is chinese! How do I change it?

Okay, so I change the input keyboard to Android and its fine - English. But the Asus Keyboard says its in English, but comes up chinese.

SteveDuck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SteveDuck

Finally received my tablet last night (13 days after ordering), but of course it's defective and will have to be shipped back to Asus.

The first issue I noticed was the display has a white glow in the lower right corner. In addition the display is unusually bright and a little washed out (I'm comparing it to my wife's TF300 bought at BestBuy on Black Friday.) Turning down the brightness helped a little, but I then lost contrast. I had almost decided to just live with the display problems when the touch screen went crazy this evening.

The touch screen had stopped working last night while it was downloading the firmware update but I chalked it up to the system being tied up with the big download. Last night it seemed to resolve itself after installing the firmware update and was working fine for about 24 hours. Tonight while watching some YouTube videos the screen became unresponsive again and the only way I was able to get any input was by attaching the keyboard/dock after the screen was not responding for about 10 minutes. The screen then began to respond to touch but shortly thereafter it went crazy... flipping from one homepage to the next, starting up apps with no input, going through the file explorer clicking on anything that showed up. I finally did a hard reset by holding the power button down for about 10 seconds. It came back on and seemed normal but I can't trust it anymore.

I find it hard to believe so many of these tablets are still defective after factory refurbishment... something smells fishy here. Refurbished should mean they've been restored to "like new" condition and we shouldn't have to settle for defective tablets. Now I'll be out some additional money for shipping and be without a tablet for at least another two weeks.

leronis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages leronis
satch69 wrote:
Took a few hours (and manual efforts) to flash the firmware to JB, but it eventually happened.

Oh, and I REGISTERED MY DEVICE with Asus using the provided serial number.

OK, I can't get mine to update. Can you walk me through the process?

Thanks!

w00teregrine

leronis wrote:OK, I can't get mine to update. Can you walk me through the process?

Download the file.
Unzip the file to a Micro SD Card.
Put Micro SD card in Tablet.
Swipe UP the Notification Center on the lower right.
You should see UPDATE AVAILABLE.

leronis

w00teregrine wrote:Download the file.
Unzip the file to a Micro SD Card.
Put Micro SD card in Tablet.
Swipe UP the Notification Center on the lower right.
You should see UPDATE AVAILABLE.

I've done the above, but I'm not getting 'update available' and the card has been in the tablet for a couple of days now.

fredlordofcheese

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fredlordofcheese

Wanted to chime in with the other people who had no problems! It came last night, 2 weeks after I ordered, and 10 business days later. Still I am grateful that there are no problems with it.

That being said, I have a question for anyone who has registered it on the Asus website. Did you register just the tablet or both the tablet and keyboard/dock separately? I can't figure out how to register the keyboard/dock and it does seem to have a separate serial number.

Wootwithme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wootwithme

I couldn't get the Serial Number (listed on the box and also on the sticker on the tablet) to
work when registering. So, heeding the advice of a prior post,
I registered the serial number listed under settings>about tablet>status.
That worked...however, I emailed ASUS support and asked if that was the correct thing to do.
Response was..."you must use the SN listed on the box/tablet"

I tried again, couldn't get that SN to work, I finally thought I'd scan it with a barcode scanner which I copy and pasted into the ASUS product registration website. No luck, wouldn't take.

When I submitted my question about the SN, I also submitted a picture of my Tablet and Keyboard SN as they appear on the box.

I thought maybe, just maybe they would go ahead and take care of it. Instead, tech told me the the third "0" was a zero. (Which I had already assumed as it was the only "0" that didn't look like an "O")

If I can't get it to register I'm to call support, which I think was just a test to see if I could figure out how to punch the numbers on the phone. Wish me luck. lol

I am jealous of the happy, smiling people I see in advertisements for antidepressants.

leronis

Wootwithme wrote:I couldn't get the Serial Number (listed on the box and also on the sticker on the tablet) to
work when registering. So, heeding the advice of a prior post,
I registered the serial number listed under settings>about tablet>status.
That worked...however, I emailed ASUS support and asked if that was the correct thing to do.
Response was..."you must use the SN listed on the box/tablet"

I tried again, couldn't get that SN to work, I finally thought I'd scan it with a barcode scanner which I copy and pasted into the ASUS product registration website. No luck, wouldn't take.

When I submitted my question about the SN, I also submitted a picture of my Tablet and Keyboard SN as they appear on the box.

I thought maybe, just maybe they would go ahead and take care of it. Instead, tech told me the the third "0" was a zero. (Which I had already assumed as it was the only "0" that didn't look like an "O")

If I can't get it to register I'm to call support, which I think was just a test to see if I could figure out how to punch the numbers on the phone. Wish me luck. lol

Good Luck! :-D

Seriously, does anyone know why we all seem to have one serial number on the side of the machine, and another listed under 'settings'???

I also registered the number I found in the machine, rather than the one on the side.

satch69

leronis wrote:I've done the above, but I'm not getting 'update available' and the card has been in the tablet for a couple of days now.

The first unzip results in a folder with a zipped file. Unzip AGAIN, into a folder with the same name as the file. This 2nd unzipped folder (containing BLOB) should be copied to the root of the microSD.

Am I a man who has just been dreaming that he was a butterfly, or a sleeping butterfly, now dreaming that he is a man?

w00teregrine

satch69 wrote:The first unzip results in a folder with a zipped file. Unzip AGAIN,

I only unzipped once.
(That's what he said)

Try it though. Can't hurt that's for sure.

ravencajun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ravencajun

I have been trying out everything, so far everything is working, however it takes more taps and harder taps for the screen to respond than any of my other tablets. I have not seen a screen calibration setting like my other Android devices. Is there one?
I have not tried hdmi, dock sd card yet.
I have had NO luck getting the update, I was hoping it would get it automatically but it has been a few days now with me checking it often and nothing is showing up.
Where's the link to the update file to download?
Is the consensus to unzip twice then put on sd card or unzip once then put the second zip unzipped in the sd card?
I have seen both directions.
Thanks

teslaian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teslaian
teslaian wrote:Just received my tablet+dock today. No scratches or physical defects that I can see so far.

I've got to say, from reading these forums I was terrified to try this thing out because of all the problems reported.

Minus the shipping time, I'm extremely happy with this buy. If I come across any problems, I'll be sure to update. By the way, I'm typing this on it right now!

So far so good. I've noticed a piece of dust under the screen, but its not bad enough to justify sending out for another two weeks. Everything else is working great!

ravencajun

Well somehow it happen, I am now showing 4.1.1. That's what it should be right?
It was magic I tell you.
Happy Happy Happy.

Now does anyone know how to get the widgets to resize using the drag and stretch bars. I can get the blue frame and dots but it doesn't stay, just snaps back, can't figure how to make it stick.

I have flash player installed and working fine.

omh1009

ravencajun wrote:Well somehow it happen, I am now showing 4.1.1. That's what it should be right?
It was magic I tell you.
Happy Happy Happy.

Now does anyone know how to get the widgets to resize using the drag and stretch bars. I can get the blue frame and dots but it doesn't stay, just snaps back, can't figure how to make it stick.

I have flash player installed and working fine.

Did you downloaded it or not? Is strange that some people get it OTA out of the box and the rest have to download unzip on a PC, save to SD, insert it and still not get it (me included, but I double unzipped).

I'll try a single unzipped attempt now that you confirmed that flash can be installed in JB.
Have you experienced random reboots before or since the update?

satch69

ravencajun wrote:Now does anyone know how to get the widgets to resize using the drag and stretch bars. I can get the blue frame and dots but it doesn't stay, just snaps back, can't figure how to make it stick.

Not sure, but you can always try a launcher like Nova Launcher! Allows you to resize *any* widget, and overlap widgets over each other and icons

ravencajun

omh1009 wrote:Did you downloaded it or not? Is strange that some people get it OTA out of the box and the rest have to download unzip on a PC, save to SD, insert it and still not get it (me included, but I double unzipped).

I'll try a single unzipped attempt now that you confirmed that flash can be installed in JB.
Have you experienced random reboots before or since the update?

No I did not have to do anything I went back to check it and voila it was at 4.1.1, I had oked some app updates and possibly it was in what I oked. I think it was magic however.

I installed the flash player from the link here on this forum of the archived android flash and downloaded the file then just installed it, works great.

I was going to try a couple of other launchers too.

omh1009

ravencajun wrote:
I installed the flash player from the link here on this forum of the archived android flash and downloaded the file then just installed it, works great.

Good to hear it helpped you.
I tried again, single unzip, no dice. JB eludes me. Isn't there a way to point to the update? let the TF300T know where to look for it?

Edit: SD card is a no go. Micro SD is where is at!!!!
I was loading the update through the dock's card reader which lead me nowhere.
Putting the update (unzipped only once) on a micro SD directly in the tablet got me the notification, wish me luck.

omh1009

success!

lukasgrammy

w00teregrine wrote:The tablet should, without a doubt, charge by itself.
Try connecting it to your PC and see if the if it recognizes it.

Thank you for your reply.

I fully charged it using the dock, then disconnected the dock and used it until it showed about 90%. I then plugged in the charger directly to the tablet and it worked! Woo hoo!

I have no idea what I did, but I'm happy it worked! I got lucky, my TF300 looks and behaves like brand new.

Now I just have to find a screen protector and a case for it!

roberttatefan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roberttatefan
omh1009 wrote:Good to hear it helpped you.
I tried again, single unzip, no dice. JB eludes me. Isn't there a way to point to the update? let the TF300T know where to look for it?

Edit: SD card is a no go. Micro SD is where is at!!!!
I was loading the update through the dock's card reader which lead me nowhere.
Putting the update (unzipped only once) on a micro SD directly in the tablet got me the notification, wish me luck.

I'm trying the same thing. I've tried clearing C/DM Client, cold reboot, loading directly to the tab's root directory and also to a Micro SD's directory (I did however, transfer the file to the Micro SD's root via the tablet as I don't currently have access to a card reader).

I've filed an RMA with Asus, but I'm currently thoroughly disappointed. I welcome any advice, but I feel as though I've sufficiently trolled just about every thread on the topic...