baires60

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baires60

anyone know if you can send out rich text emails with attachments as in a laptop?

I send contracts via email as an attachment and the body of the email is rich text with colors and different font's and preferably with pictures. I had to return my ipad since I could find a way to include an attachment with the email - which I also need to buy rich text editor to be able to do this for apple

any help woul dbe appreciated - I miss the ipad but didn't give me what I needed.

sarahjoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarahjoe

I had numerous problems with my first Gen transformer tab tf 101 screen. It flickered alot , clarity was sub-par, and it finally ended up randomly shutting off the back light, needing to be turned off and on again to come alive. Needless to say, I did some research and there are many sites talking about screen issues with this tf300 model as well.

sheffrey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheffrey
gak0090 wrote:There are no drivers to support direct USB printing from Android that I know of. This app works pretty good for printing, and its much cooler once set up.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pauloslf.cloudprint&hl=en

HP's ePrint is pretty sweet and you can print from mobile devices. The new HP 6700 Premium was at costco for about $100 and works so nice.

aninkle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aninkle

Here's a detailed review of this Transformer TF300T on The Tech Report:
http://techreport.com/review/22868/asus-transformer-pad-300-tablet
They gave it an Editor's Choice award.

wootmetootme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootmetootme

Can you add an SD memory card for more storage to this thing? Maybe I missed that somewhere. Thanks.

confused15

quality posts: 7 Private Messages confused15
Kiani wrote:349.99 + 99 shipping at NewEgg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230394

Looks like it's $449.98 if you want it with the docking station combo.

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090
urslf wrote:Hi all,

I am looking for a laptop/computer/tablet for my 6 grader as a worktool for school work. I think it should be small and portable, powerfull enough to serve for a few years to come to do typing, powerpoint presentation and such learning related activities. I do not care, if it does any gaming or so (actually, better if not).
Would this be a good buy, can it store and print just like a regular computer? (now you can tell, I don't know anything about this stuff). I like the price, since I have to buy 2.
Thanks a lot to everybody.

I think this would be a pretty good solution in terms of portability and functionality. Google Docs, or here is a list of other apps that are office compatible that include word, spread sheet and powerpoint functionality: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cn.wps.moffice_eng&feature=more_from_developer#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwMiwiY24ud3BzLm1vZmZpY2VfZW5nIl0.

This is what you would use for a printing solution:

This will definitely game- but everyone needs a break from schoolwork, and many learning games are available that are actually fun to play. My son like this game that is based on building a bridge using a budget (so you only get so many pieces to work with) and then testing the bridge to see if can support a car and truck.
http://www.androidtapp.com/bridge-constructor
You would be surprised how many games actually use critical thinking processes- they are not all bad.
This tablet is also a great multimedia solution. With the use of a free app called mxvideo you can play any video file you want without transcoding- (IPAD can't do this)

Best of all- you don't need Itunes! Just a simple drag and drop from your computer. But if for some reason you have that Itunes library you just can't part with... there is double twist https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.doubleTwist.androidPlayer

You will love this device.

confused15

quality posts: 7 Private Messages confused15

I just can't pass this up, I'm in for one.

Now what to do with my old TF101...

villa79

quality posts: 3 Private Messages villa79

Can the keyboard and tablet fold into each other like a normal laptop or does the keyboard only act as a dock? For travelling purposes it would be great if they fold up into each other.

garbyrator

quality posts: 3 Private Messages garbyrator

Asus has been really strange with it's updates. The TF300 has been getting updates BEFORE the top of the line TF700 (Infinity) which is really pissing off us TF700 owners. the TF300 had JB about a month before the TF700. I seriously thought about this tablet before they announced the TF700. It's a great performer, I just wish the keyboard was interchangeable between the 300 and 700 as I'd buy this an give to my wife so we can share the dock, but no such luck.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, but you always Woot.

kpatterson67

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kpatterson67

There's someone else in Dallas that can read temperatures in Celsius? Hm how about that.

SBeagles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SBeagles

Very much appreciate the knowledge shared and opinions given!

Been hesitant to pull the trigger on a tablet for a long time, but you've all helped me take the plunge!

villa79

quality posts: 3 Private Messages villa79

I so want this but I still have a very functional gTablet and a case with a built-in, USB keyboard. How I wish my baby would get a hold of the gTablet and break it so I would have an excuse to replace it with an Asus. Alas, the gTablet is a bit too heavy for a 7 month old baby. Heck, it's too heavy for most 30 year olds too!

CobraCat03

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CobraCat03
michael2255 wrote:Asus makes both. The Nexus 10 does not have a SD slot. The Nexus 10 is new tech and the T300 is not Asus's latest tablet -- the T700. The Nexus has more lines of resolution than even the iPad.

Not quite, while Asus manufacturers the N7, the N10 is manufactured by Samsung.

morriea

quality posts: 19 Private Messages morriea
unavaca wrote:Why would I want this over a Nexus 10?

The included dock.

CopperMSM

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CopperMSM

New question - but probably not...
I have not used Andriod or any tablet, so I wonder about file transfers. I have large video files (4G) I create while travelling. I want to transfer the files from the SD card (using keyboard dock port) to a portable USB hard drive. I do want another serving to store files on tablet, just use it for the transfer.
Seems like this would work, but I would appreciate any comments from the Woot crowd. Right now I am dragging a laptop around to do the job..

morriea

michael2255 wrote:Asus makes both. The Nexus 10 does not have a SD slot. The Nexus 10 is new tech and the T300 is not Asus's latest tablet -- the T700. The Nexus has more lines of resolution than even the iPad.

Asus does not make the Nexus 10. Samsung does. Asus makes the Nexus 7.

boomerb5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boomerb5

I literally ordered a Galaxy 2 10.1 from Amazon just yesterday. It is to replace my wife's three-year-old netbook that is in its final days. I had ruled out the Transformer series mostly due to cost. The keyboards alone run $150 (but do provide battery and storage options unlike 3rd party bluetooth). Thanks, Woot for offering exactly what she/we really wanted. And thanks, Amazon, for having a solid return policy.

morriea

CitizenX wrote:Both the tablet and the keyboard have SD slots.

Actually, Dock has SD slot, tablet has microSD slot.

easeves

quality posts: 0 Private Messages easeves
baires60 wrote:anyone know if you can send out rich text emails with attachments as in a laptop?

I send contracts via email as an attachment and the body of the email is rich text with colors and different font's and preferably with pictures. I had to return my ipad since I could find a way to include an attachment with the email - which I also need to buy rich text editor to be able to do this for apple

any help woul dbe appreciated - I miss the ipad but didn't give me what I needed.

you absolutely can... with this or any android tablet for that matter. you can use the gmail app to do the emailing, and android doesn't wall you off from using files as attachments

charliecarroll

quality posts: 104 Private Messages charliecarroll
Kiani wrote:349.99 + 99 shipping at NewEgg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230394

Your example at NewEgg is for the tablet only. That makes NewEgg .04 more on product and .99 more on shipping for a total of $1.03 over the lower example I already had posted for the tablet only from B&H as found here,
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=852329&Q=&is=REG&A=details

The obvious would be the savings I found on the Woot offer compared to B&H would be even wider (but only by a thin amount)between Woot and NewEgg with Woot again being the lowest price.

leronis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages leronis

OK, I'm in! Thanks for all the helpful comments here. This will be my first tablet, and I want to make sure it's a good one!

baires60

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baires60
easeves wrote:you absolutely can... with this or any android tablet for that matter. you can use the gmail app to do the emailing, and android doesn't wall you off from using files as attachments

Thanks, What about AOL? that's the email app I use to run the business?

urslf

quality posts: 4 Private Messages urslf
gak0090 wrote:I think this would be a pretty good solution in terms of portability and functionality. Google Docs, or here is a list of other apps that are office compatible that include word, spread sheet and powerpoint functionality: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cn.wps.moffice_eng&feature=more_from_developer#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwMiwiY24ud3BzLm1vZmZpY2VfZW5nIl0.

This is what you would use for a printing solution:

This will definitely game- but everyone needs a break from schoolwork, and many learning games are available that are actually fun to play. My son like this game that is based on building a bridge using a budget (so you only get so many pieces to work with) and then testing the bridge to see if can support a car and truck.
http://www.androidtapp.com/bridge-constructor
You would be surprised how many games actually use critical thinking processes- they are not all bad.
This tablet is also a great multimedia solution. With the use of a free app called mxvideo you can play any video file you want without transcoding- (IPAD can't do this)

Best of all- you don't need Itunes! Just a simple drag and drop from your computer. But if for some reason you have that Itunes library you just can't part with... there is double twist https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.doubleTwist.androidPlayer

You will love this device.

Thank you so much!

benrandolph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benrandolph
cedaroo wrote:Thank you! Being able to backup photos while traveling (SD card to micro-SD) was my only 'card reader' concern. Does the usb port on the dock not provide the same functionality?

The USB Port on the dock performs exactly like the adapter you can buy separately.

benrandolph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benrandolph
villa79 wrote:Can the keyboard and tablet fold into each other like a normal laptop or does the keyboard only act as a dock? For travelling purposes it would be great if they fold up into each other.

It folds just like a laptop.

easeves

quality posts: 0 Private Messages easeves
baires60 wrote:Thanks, What about AOL? that's the email app I use to run the business?

That, I'm not sure about. I assume you can sign into the Email app with your AOL credentials, but I've personally never done this (don't have an AOL account). In any case, if you use Exchange, etc, on your PC, you should be able to sign-in the same way on Android.

If you use a web interface, it should also work pretty much the same (attachments included).

modifiedbears

quality posts: 1 Private Messages modifiedbears

Can anyone from Woot! comment on whether or not these are all the blue model? These things come in three different colors. I would prefer the silver or red one.

peanut squirrel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peanut squirrel

I have the Mac-Daddy TF700T version of this and love it! I picked up one of these to give as an Xmas gift. W00t!

w00t!

lukematsuda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lukematsuda

i want a tablet to be able to take notes in class on power point and pfd files while following along, and recording audio at the same time. can android do this?

tera

alpatzy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alpatzy

Can you use internet explorer on this tablet?

Tralornik

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Tralornik

NOTE: There are a ton of reports that these units have screens that CRACK very easily (which is probably due to too much flex in the device itself and over time screen weakens).

caderoux

quality posts: 2 Private Messages caderoux

Asus makes the Nexus 7 - $199 and up

Samsung makes the Nexus 10 - $399 and up

I have both and they are both really good for their respective sizes.

I would say this seems like a pretty good deal because the keyboard dock is included

jawanner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jawanner
charliecarroll wrote:Refurbished vs. New - Pricing Thoughts

Refurbished + Warranty
As new in box product would include warranty I am adding Square Trade warranty to today's offer for a total price picture of product including warranty.
$299.99 + $5 + $54.99 = $359.98

New in Box
Checking for every day pricing of product I used two dealers known to be above board sellers with every day good pricing.

B&H PHOTO VIDEO = $349.95 + free shipping (TF300T) http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=852329&Q=&is=REG&A=details and $99.95 + free shipping (dock) http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/852331-REG/ASUS_TF300_DOCK_BL_Docking_Station_for_Transformer.html
Total for all new at B&H = $449.94

AMAZON = $376.99 + free shipping (TF300T) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007P4YAPK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=A17MC6HOH9AVE6
and $108.86 + free shipping (dock) http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Transformer-Mobile-Dock-TF300T/dp/B007SHJIP6/ref=pd_bxgy_pc_img_y Total for all new at Amazon = $485.85.

I am sure if you go looking across the web you may find different new in box pricing from what I have above but both of the sellers I have used often prices below others so I felt they were two good pricing competitors to use. So, what does the math say? Amazon total was $39.91 more that B&H so I'll use the better B&H price to compare. New in Box at B&H is going to cost you $89.96 more if you compare to the Woot price including the ST warranty. Without warranty you save, $144.95. I think the fairest comparison is when you include warranty as the new product comes with one but, you do save a good chunk if you go without. But the bottom line is, Does a discount of $89.96 warrant buying a refurbished model over a new one? For me, no I would go with new. But saving $144.95, that I would have to really consider. In any event, it seems the woot offer today is not only competitive but a very good discounted price.

Best Buy Black Friday has this tablet for $279, and the keyboard dock for $99. So for about $80 you can get new vs. refurbished. I've never bought anything refurbished before. I was planning on buying this at BB for a Christmas gift, but maybe this is a better deal? Can anyone tell me if it's worth it to fight the crowds on Black Friday to get a new one?

87xjrob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 87xjrob
jawanner wrote:Best Buy Black Friday has this tablet for $279, and the keyboard dock for $99. So for about $80 you can get new vs. refurbished. I've never bought anything refurbished before. I was planning on buying this at BB for a Christmas gift, but maybe this is a better deal? Can anyone tell me if it's worth it to fight the crowds on Black Friday to get a new one?

Tiger direct has this for 329 new and the 32g for 349 new.

cengland0

quality posts: 11 Private Messages cengland0
CopperMSM wrote:New question - but probably not...
I have not used Andriod or any tablet, so I wonder about file transfers. I have large video files (4G) I create while travelling. I want to transfer the files from the SD card (using keyboard dock port) to a portable USB hard drive. I do want another serving to store files on tablet, just use it for the transfer.
Seems like this would work, but I would appreciate any comments from the Woot crowd. Right now I am dragging a laptop around to do the job..

You can plug in a USB device such as a portable hard drive or a USB drive into the USB slot on the keyboard dock. Or, if you prefer, you can get a special adapter that will convert the Asus proprietary connector on the bottom of the tablet into a USB port. The adapter is not necessary and would cost you about $20 because you have the USB port on the keyboard.

So once you connect the USB drive or portable hard drive, you will see that in a file manager program (easy to download any number of them from the play store for free). You can then move or copy your files from the internal memory, the MicroSD card in the tablet, or the SD Card in the keyboard to the portable hard drive.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Tralornik wrote:NOTE: There are a ton of reports that these units have screens that CRACK very easily (which is probably due to too much flex in the device itself and over time screen weakens).

Links are good.

I'm just hanging out, really.

mdbran

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdbran

Is the 16GB memory card removable? Upgradable?

morriea

mdbran wrote:Is the 16GB memory card removable? Upgradable?

16GB is the internal hard drive. Not removable, not upgradable. You CAN, however, upgrade the device memory with a microSD in the tablet, and/or an SD and USB drive in the dock

mkmiller

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mkmiller
mdbran wrote:Is the 16GB memory card removable? Upgradable?

The 16gb is built in "internal" storage. You can add "external" storage with a micro sd card in the tablet and a regular size sd card in he dock. Asus uses the "internal" and "external" terms for the two types of storage in the device.

• 4/1/07 $1,000,000 Random carp
  • 3/10/07 Logitech Harmony 659
  • 12/25/06 Random carp
  • 11/6/06 iRobot Roomba Discovery SE
  • 10/12/06 Seagate 250GB SATA HD
  • 9/29/06 Vector JumpStart Sys
  • 9/14/06 LaCrosse Wrist BP monitor
  • 9/13/06 Razer Diamondback Chameleon Mouse
  • 8/17/06 Dirt Devil VacnMop
  • 8/6/06 Hamilton Beach 4qt Ice Cream Maker
  • 8/4/06 Netgear WPN824 Wireless Router
  • 8/1/06 Logitech Cordless XBOX headset 2pk