+ Add a Comment

EricPost

quality posts: 3 Private Messages EricPost

Screen cracking seems to be an issue with the model. Numerous reports of screen wear when you remove docking stations, which leads to cracking

borntohunt

quality posts: 103 Private Messages borntohunt
EricPost wrote:Screen cracking seems to be an issue with the model. Numerous reports of screen wear when you remove docking stations, which leads to cracking

Today, I saw the screen cracking example on Best Buy's display model that I test drove of this Asus TF300T tablet with the dock keyboard which also has a cool Android mouse pad capability. The crack was at the bottom of the tablet screen where the dock keyboard attaches very easily & quickly.

Richard1201

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Richard1201

I can't believe that nobody pointed out that 14B can never be a window seat on an airplane....

soundbyte24

quality posts: 1 Private Messages soundbyte24

So, what color is this? Is it black? Is it dark purple? Is it dark blue?

Don't think we ever had a final answer on that.

TwhiT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TwhiT

soo.... what does it mean when the "I want one" button begins to glow on and off? Any ideas??

soundbyte24

TwhiT wrote:soo.... what does it mean when the "I want one" button begins to glow on and off? Any ideas??

It's done that before around this time so it's either because just two hours are left or because it's close to being sold out - both are viable options.

soundbyte24

soundbyte24 wrote:So, what color is this? Is it black? Is it dark purple? Is it dark blue?

So my thought is that this is the blue version and the pictures are just low, low color contrast. I downloaded the picture and I dumped it into a bit of software to check the color.

The RGB value is 38-38-43 so it's not the charcoal that we'd been gunning for.

rantng

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rantng
soundbyte24 wrote:So, what color is this? Is it black? Is it dark purple? Is it dark blue?

Charcoal

After MUCH debating (should I get the Nexus 10, I already have a Samsung Tab 2 7.0, I absolutely don't need this & probably won't do more than watch movies on this), I pulled the trigger and bought one. If I see this pop up for less during a Black Friday deal I'm going to be miffed.

soundbyte24

rantng wrote:Charcoal

Now you lost me ... thought the color options for the line of Transformer Pads were red, silver, and blue?

rantng

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rantng
soundbyte24 wrote:Now you lost me ... thought the color options for the line of Transformer Pads were red, silver, and blue?

Same here, but then I read this...

Jimshan wrote:Asus says this comes in Royal Blue, Iceberg White and Torch Red. This one seems like its charcoal grey. Anybody got any ifo?

ThunderThighs wrote:What you see is what you will get. Sorry, no color choices here.

soundbyte24

Yeah, but it doesn't confirm or deny the idea that it's charcoal - it's just a standard comment. Thinking this is going to have to wait until after this Friday ... that or go with the iPad Mini.

UPDATE: Eh, it's sold out now.

monojkumar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monojkumar

Hey can anyone help me out here. I have bought ASUS this morning but didn't get any e-mail regarding its shipping details. Also my purchase was not listed under the "stuff I bought" coloumn. I notified the customer care but didn't get reply. Any suggestions???

monojkumar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monojkumar

I did get a mail that my purchase was successful. I don't know what to do about shipping details. This is my first purchase from woot. Can anyone tell me how it works after we purchase the deal.

soundbyte24

monojkumar wrote:I did get a mail that my purchase was successful. I don't know what to do about shipping details. This is my first purchase from woot. Can anyone tell me how it works after we purchase the deal.

You'll have shipping details after it's shipped - one or two days from now. Just be patient, it'll be OK. :D

airmarkos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages airmarkos

missed it :-(what
are the chances it will reappear at sellout.woot?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

monojkumar wrote:I did get a mail that my purchase was successful. I don't know what to do about shipping details. This is my first purchase from woot. Can anyone tell me how it works after we purchase the deal.

While often faster, we generally advise allowing up to 5 business days for the order to process and ship out the door. Thanksgiving is going to throw a hitch into things so give us a bit of leeway.

You'll get an email when your item has shipped.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

iissurf

quality posts: 25 Private Messages iissurf
TwhiT wrote:soo.... what does it mean when the "I want one" button begins to glow on and off? Any ideas??

It means the item is about to be sold out...

katageek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages katageek

Regarding the many Square Trade warranty questions: I called Square Trade customer service, and spoke with a very nice and help CSR. He told me that they do indeed warranty this refurbed product, but all they offer is the one-year warranty, and that they do no cover accidental damage. I specifically asked about the known screen-cracking issue that some have reported, and was told that it would not be covered, as this was considered "accidental damage", not a workmanship defect.

They also said that I have 30 days from product purchase to purchase the warranty.

For me, I'm thinking that I'll know within 90 days if the tablet/keyboard is going to have any workmanship problems. Since Square Trade won't cover the things that are likely to go wrong (i.e., those "oops" moments), I'm leaning toward not buying the warranty. Is there something I'm missing here?

Hope this helps.

Zavelin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zavelin
katageek wrote:Regarding the many Square Trade warranty questions: I called Square Trade customer service, and spoke with a very nice and help CSR. He told me that they do indeed warranty this refurbed product, but all they offer is the one-year warranty, and that they do no cover accidental damage. I specifically asked about the known screen-cracking issue that some have reported, and was told that it would not be covered, as this was considered "accidental damage", not a workmanship defect.

They also said that I have 30 days from product purchase to purchase the warranty.

For me, I'm thinking that I'll know within 90 days if the tablet/keyboard is going to have any workmanship problems. Since Square Trade won't cover the things that are likely to go wrong (i.e., those "oops" moments), I'm leaning toward not buying the warranty. Is there something I'm missing here?

Hope this helps.

I recommend investing in a full-body case. I had a GumDrop case on my TF101 since I bought it in March. I sold it two days ago in Like New condition for around $250, the fund from which went straight to this deal.

When it comes to electronics, after dozens of hard lessons, I've learned that investing in something a little more rugged t

urhos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages urhos

I purchased this tablet yesterday. Are there any good cases that can be used with the keyboard dock connected? Also, what is the best type of stylus for this? I'd like to experiment with some "drawing" on this tablet.

satch69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages satch69
urhos wrote:I purchased this tablet yesterday. Are there any good cases that can be used with the keyboard dock connected? Also, what is the best type of stylus for this? I'd like to experiment with some "drawing" on this tablet.

Can't remember where I read this (xda perhaps) but the screen crack is only an issue when the tablet is folded and carried WHILE BEING DOCKED to the keyboard.

In other words, if you separate the two every time and store accordingly, the crack is not an issue.

At least, I hope so!

Am I a man who has just been dreaming that he was a butterfly, or a sleeping butterfly, now dreaming that he is a man?

cul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cul

why is that when ever you buy something from this site it doesn't show up i think this might let you lose some customers cause we cant wait our time to do something and see nothing at at the end

omh1009

quality posts: 7 Private Messages omh1009
cul wrote:why is that when ever you buy something from this site it doesn't show up i think this might let you lose some customers cause we cant wait our time to do something and see nothing at at the end

Ehh... whaaaaat?

Pinged from Newark NJ, to Fort Worth Texas.

sehkmet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sehkmet
cul wrote:why is that when ever you buy something from this site it doesn't show up i think this might let you lose some customers cause we cant wait our time to do something and see nothing at at the end

Were you expecting a movie while you wait for the item to ship? I don't even know what you're asking here.

In short:

omh1009 wrote:Ehh... whaaaaat?

roadmasta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadmasta

Awaiting Shipping..........

TODD CONNOLLY

ThunderThighs

Staff

roadmasta wrote:Awaiting Shipping..........

Oh, come on! It's only been one business day!

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

stimpy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stimpy

It's Thanksgiving weekend, I'm at work and bored out of my skull cause it's so SLOOOOW! I keep thinking how much easier it'll be to TYPE when I get my transformer!

I WANT IT NOW!

dasnoffer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dasnoffer

Status: Awaiting Shipping ... please ship tomorrow, please ship tomorrow!

ThunderThighs

Staff

stimpy wrote:It's Thanksgiving weekend, I'm at work and bored out of my skull cause it's so SLOOOOW! I keep thinking how much easier it'll be to TYPE when I get my transformer!

I WANT IT NOW!

ybanag

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ybanag
chinoninja wrote: my credit card offers warranty extension for one extra year; .... I get 1 year + 90 days of warranty from Asus?

Credit cards generally offer double the warranty up to a year. so 90 + 90 days. Warranty will be from the credit card company or whoever they contracted

bretdwilliams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bretdwilliams

Anyone received shipping information yet?

jleuta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jleuta
bretdwilliams wrote:Anyone received shipping information yet?

Nope

billa9b0ng

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billa9b0ng

I don't mind being patient for shipping if the order isn't for me!

bretdwilliams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bretdwilliams

Hmm. Well hopefully it will ship soon. If I don't hear anything by Wednesday I may just cancel the order. There were plenty of other deals I could have spent that money on this weekend.

parthib19

quality posts: 0 Private Messages parthib19
bretdwilliams wrote:Anyone received shipping information yet?

Not yet

chinoninja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chinoninja
bretdwilliams wrote:Hmm. Well hopefully it will ship soon. If I don't hear anything by Wednesday I may just cancel the order. There were plenty of other deals I could have spent that money on this weekend.

How does the canceling go with woot? As long as it's not shipped it's possible to cancel?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

chinoninja wrote:How does the canceling go with woot? As long as it's not shipped it's possible to cancel?

It depends on how far along your order has been processed.

If you would like to cancel, please feel free to email into support@woot.com and Member Services will be glad to help you out.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

themikeybee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages themikeybee

I know woot takes a little longer than some places, but their deals are usually better so I'm fine with that. I'm a patient guy with most things, too. But I have logged in to check to see if this has been shipped at least 50 times since I bought it. So excited! :D

dasnoffer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dasnoffer
themikeybee wrote:... I have logged in to check to see if this has been shipped at least 50 times since I bought it. So excited! :D

You and me both!

gholt121

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gholt121

Sigh...

Still awaiting shipping. Other things that I have purchased from Woot! since this order have already shipped or gotten to me.

Come on Woot!!!!

Proud Woot!er since 2005.