+ Add a Comment

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 502 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

gholt121 wrote:Sigh...

Still awaiting shipping. Other things that I have purchased from Woot! since this order have already shipped or gotten to me.

Come on Woot!!!!

We use a variety of shipping methods and some are faster than others. We request that you allow up to 5 business days for processing and shipping. Thanksgiving ate one of those days. Today is the 3rd business day.

stimpy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stimpy
ThunderThighs wrote:

Is it here yet, Mommy? I've been waiting forever for it, Mommy! Why isn't it here yet?

Hope you like my whine, I have some great cheese to go with it :-)

ckenneth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ckenneth
ThunderThighs wrote:We use a variety of shipping methods and some are faster than others. We request that you allow up to 5 business days for processing and shipping. Thanksgiving ate one of those days. Today is the 3rd business day.

As big an operation as Woot is, they should have a better shipping process. People like to get their stuff sooner than later. I think Woot needs to look at the whole process and see what improvements they can make to speed things up.

hisstka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hisstka

How long does Woot take to ship? I purchased a week ago and it hasn't shipped yet. I did not expect immediate shipping but I did not expect it would take this long.

beachbumdeac

quality posts: 2 Private Messages beachbumdeac
hisstka wrote:How long does Woot take to ship? I purchased a week ago and it hasn't shipped yet. I did not expect immediate shipping but I did not expect it would take this long.

Really? You didn't expect the Thanksgiving holiday to delay things a bit?

beachbumdeac

ckenneth wrote:As big an operation as Woot is, they should have a better shipping process. People like to get their stuff sooner than later. I think Woot needs to look at the whole process and see what improvements they can make to speed things up.

People also like to take one day off work so they can see their family. That day was last Thursday. And then there was a weekend.

People need to quit whining. If it hasn't shipped by Thursday or Friday, then you can start complaining.

bloodystinktube

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bloodystinktube

i'm not sure if anybody else has had it happen, but the last thing i bought from woot (hp computer in september) didn't change to shipped until the same day it got delivered. hopefully they're already on the way!

rowergirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rowergirl

I received a mysterious UPS MyChoice delivery alert today (they send me an e-mail anytime something's supposed to show up at my doorstep) for a 6 pound package from "Metro Business Systems." It looks like Woot's done some business with them before on Lenovo/IBM products. I can't think of anything else the package could be, so maybe there's hope that the tablets have shipped out?

w00teregrine

quality posts: 1 Private Messages w00teregrine

I keep checking too. Just sent Woot an email before I finished reading this thread. lol
You can disregard my email Woot staff if anyone is still reading.
My first Woot purchase. Kind of thought Woot had a rep for fast shipping, but it's all good.
I was setting up a Bluetooth mouse on my Bosses TFT300. Just made me want mine even more.
BTW, yes, a BT mouse works very well on this. Some apps don't handle the input well but the OS does.
Not that I would use one but in case anyone else was thinking about it.

w00teregrine

Couple more comments as I've finished reading this thread.
Someone asked "why so many refurbs?". Well as the one guy said, open boxed items are refurbs. But the other thing is broken screens from being dropped. Asus, much like Apple, will "repair" your screen for the nominal charge of around $170 if you crack it. They send you a refurb. THis is the #1 reason why there are so many refurbs of ALL tablets, not just this one.
Also someone said the battery life was only 3 hours? Um... no. Turn down your brightness, man. Bosses tablet goes AT LEAST 5 hours without the dock. With the dock it has gone as long as 13-15. He is a light user though.
This is a really great tablet. Anyone waiting will enjoy it.

cooperin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cooperin
beachbumdeac wrote:People also like to take one day off work so they can see their family. That day was last Thursday. And then there was a weekend.

People need to quit whining. If it hasn't shipped by Thursday or Friday, then you can start complaining.

I completely agree. Thanksgiving is a holiday for everyone...and besides, if you wanted something that fast you could just go to the store and buy it. This is ordering online...it takes time people!!

w00teregrine

cooperin wrote: This is ordering online...it takes time people!!

While I do agree, I order from Amazon and s*** ships FAST. or from TigerDirect. Or from most places. I thought Woot had a fast shipping reputation. Apparently not but that's ok. Still like the atomsphere best here.
Something to consider improving though as a way to be better then all the other daily deal sites that DO seem to have really slow ship times.
1saleaday being the worst evar! I won't even order from them after the LONG wait I had on the one thing I ordered from them.

beachbumdeac

w00teregrine wrote:While I do agree, I order from Amazon and s*** ships FAST. or from TigerDirect. Or from most places. I thought Woot had a fast shipping reputation. Apparently not but that's ok. Still like the atomsphere best here.
Something to consider improving though as a way to be better then all the other daily deal sites that DO seem to have really slow ship times.
1saleaday being the worst evar! I won't even order from them after the LONG wait I had on the one thing I ordered from them.

What would have been "fast shipping" for this item, given the Thanksgiving holiday?

enclaved

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enclaved

I have received my tablet a few moments ago. Item is still listed as Awaiting shipping on my profile page, so fear not fellow wooters, its probably on the way!

rackbob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rackbob

Has anyone seen a change in the status of there order. i.e. already shipped, tracking number, anything??

rackbob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rackbob
enclaved wrote:I have received my tablet a few moments ago. Item is still listed as Awaiting shipping on my profile page, so fear not fellow wooters, its probably on the way!

Thanks for the update. I was beginning to wonder. My status either said nothing or waiting to ship, depending on the time of day I viewed it.

jleuta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jleuta
enclaved wrote:I have received my tablet a few moments ago. Item is still listed as Awaiting shipping on my profile page, so fear not fellow wooters, its probably on the way!

If you received your tablet already. What color did you get?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
w00teregrine wrote:I keep checking too. Just sent Woot an email before I finished reading this thread. lol
You can disregard my email Woot staff if anyone is still reading.

Heh, thanks for the update!

I'm just hanging out, really.

ditimus414

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ditimus414

I ordered a case for this from amazon on saturday night and it got here monday morning... i have a feeling they have already been shipped, woot has lagged in updating the shipping status before

BTBAM

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BTBAM

So I know this was discussed but can anyone from Woot confirm what color these are?

roadmasta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadmasta

Got mine but only works when docked touch screen doesn't work! Bought a leather case which came today. Not happy.....

TODD CONNOLLY

w00teregrine

Try this:

"Cold Boot (aka Hard Reset)
Unplug the power cord and shut the unit off. Press and hold the VOL DOWN and then POWER button at the same time for at least 10-12 seconds until after the start-up screen appears and is joined by some small print at the top of the screen then let them both go. If the TF booted the way it always does, you have not accomplished the task,try again until you have seen the 2 icons in the screen.

After a few seconds you should see a couple of shapes in the middle of the screen called "Wipe Data" and "Android". The right "Android" will have a green highlight fading in and out. Wait a few more seconds until the term "Cold Booting Linux" appears in the list near the top of the screens and let it reboot. If you own a keyboard dock be sure you do this with the dock connected.

Copied from:
http://www.transformerforums.com/forum/transformer-pad-300-help/27546-touch-screen-not-responding.html

ampbradford

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ampbradford
bretdwilliams wrote:Hmm. Well hopefully it will ship soon. If I don't hear anything by Wednesday I may just cancel the order. There were plenty of other deals I could have spent that money on this weekend.

good luck canceling it i tried the day i placed it and they said they couldn't in order to increase their shipping speeds and i would just have to return it once i got it. sounds like a line of bs to me. i am never getting something from woot again.

roadmasta

Did the soft reset now the touch screens works on and off works sometimes while docked too! The mouse will work and will disappear after a few clicks. Think this unit can't tell if it's docked or not.

TODD CONNOLLY

satch69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages satch69
rowergirl wrote:I received a mysterious UPS MyChoice delivery alert today (they send me an e-mail anytime something's supposed to show up at my doorstep) for a 6 pound package from "Metro Business Systems." It looks like Woot's done some business with them before on Lenovo/IBM products. I can't think of anything else the package could be, so maybe there's hope that the tablets have shipped out?

WOOT, are you using UPS for delivery? If so, should I set up an alert for myself? It's raining outside and I live way the f* upstairs, in a rough neighborhood, where things have been taken from the stoop before.

Am I a man who has just been dreaming that he was a butterfly, or a sleeping butterfly, now dreaming that he is a man?

roadmasta

Did a hard reset, working for now. I like that slingbox app for phones works on this. Heard they make you pay for both apps.

TODD CONNOLLY

melissadrag

quality posts: 3 Private Messages melissadrag

I have to agree, at least slightly. Amazon has completely spoiled me for "normal" online companies. You order something with Prime and it usually ships in less than 24 hours. Add to that I'm Mrs. Impatient Pants, Thanksgiving threw a monkey in the wrenchworks and I'm pressing refresh hoping that my new toy gets shipped soon :p

Good things come to those who wait/Woot!

w00teregrine wrote:While I do agree, I order from Amazon and s*** ships FAST. or from TigerDirect. Or from most places. I thought Woot had a fast shipping reputation. Apparently not but that's ok. Still like the atomsphere best here.

docchaos

quality posts: 1 Private Messages docchaos
rowergirl wrote:I received a mysterious UPS MyChoice delivery alert today (they send me an e-mail anytime something's supposed to show up at my doorstep) for a 6 pound package from "Metro Business Systems." It looks like Woot's done some business with them before on Lenovo/IBM products. I can't think of anything else the package could be, so maybe there's hope that the tablets have shipped out?

I second that. Not sure who Metro Business Systems is, but I received a UPS MyChoice alert too. Shows it should be delivered tomorrow by days end, but being ground it could be Thursday.

teslaian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teslaian

I've been so excited to get my tablet that i've looked up every review that I can find!

CiXel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CiXel

Looks like the dock is recognised and my trackpad is working, but the keyboard doesn't register any typing or other keys :/

I presume this worked out of the box for others and I got a bum unit?

teslaian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teslaian

You can try power cycling. If that doesn't work, you should be able to factory data reset the device.

Zavelin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zavelin

While I await the arrival of my TF300, I've been reading up on the TF300 from reviews and forum posts, and there seems to be a a LOT of cases in which pressure from the dock causes the screen to crack overtime. Additionally, people who have received their tablets from this deal are already having issues within moments.

It also doesn't help that ASUS has horrible customer service, refusing to acknowledge and even lying about manufacturer defects when being asked for warranty service. While my experience with my recently sold TF101 was flawless (never had a reason to call for tech support and service), my ASUS G72GX laptop had numerous issues out the box that were refused service by ASUS.

I'm seriously considering returning my TF300 tablet when it arrives and ponying up extra dough for the TF700.

EDIT: Or, I might just sell the dock and use the tablet by itself. I was fine without a dock for my TF101. Better to make money off the accessory than the accessory damaging the tablet.

beachbumdeac

Zavelin wrote:While I await the arrival of my TF300, I've been reading up on the TF300 from reviews and forum posts, and there seems to be a a LOT of cases in which pressure from the dock causes the screen to crack overtime. Additionally, people who have received their tablets from this deal are already having issues within moments.

It also doesn't help that ASUS has horrible customer service, refusing to acknowledge and even lying about manufacturer defects when being asked for warranty service. While my experience with my recently sold TF101 was flawless (never had a reason to call for tech support and service), my ASUS G72GX laptop had numerous issues out the box that were refused service by ASUS.

I'm seriously considering returning my TF300 tablet when it arrives and ponying up extra dough for the TF700.

EDIT: Or, I might just sell the dock and use the tablet by itself. I was fine without a dock for my TF101. Better to make money off the accessory than the accessory damaging the tablet.

It seems to me that if you only dock the tablet when you need the keyboard, and you don't keep it docked when you store/travel with it, you won't have any problems with the screen cracking.

optiguyzimo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages optiguyzimo

Just got mine yesterday it is blue btw, works great the only problem I am having is It won't update from 4.0.3, it says my tablet is up to date. When I try to update manually I can't even get into recovery just get the android on its side with the red exclamation mark, any thoughts?

Thanks

Zavelin

beachbumdeac wrote:It seems to me that if you only dock the tablet when you need the keyboard, and you don't keep it docked when you store/travel with it, you won't have any problems with the screen cracking.

As I understand, the issue with the dock is the pressure from opening and closing the tablet + dock. Like a screen on any laptop, the tablet is used as leverage to open close the tablet + dock together when not in use. Apparently, the pressure from that leverage is what steadily causes the screen to crack.

As you said, it would appear that the safest route would be to disassemble the tablet from the dock completely, when not using the two together.

w00teregrine

The "screen cracking" issue is totally overblown. BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR GEAR. Period.
Re: Support. I've had a good experience with support for my Asus laptop.

schilma

quality posts: 1 Private Messages schilma

So mine is still 'awaiting shipping' yet a box from woot showed up at my parents house last night. (I have the same issue an above poster has--25 unit apartment building, packages have a habit of disapearing) I haven't ordered anything else from woot recently, so I wonder what that package could be....

Zavelin

w00teregrine wrote:The "screen cracking" issue is totally overblown. BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR GEAR. Period.
Re: Support. I've had a good experience with support for my Asus laptop.

With forums full of posts about the issue happening when the tablet + dock is being used properly, I wouldn't call it overblown. Not widespread enough for recalls to be issued, perhaps, but certainly enough of a concern to discuss causes and ways to avoid the issue.

Like you said, be careful with your gear. Part of that is being informed about what you're getting.

bilski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bilski

I'm in the same boat as the rest of you...waiting for shipment. The tshirts I ordered have arrived already, can't wait for this to get here!

w00teregrine

Regarding updates. It may takes a few days to get the OTA update.
You can see it is clearly available here.
http://www.asus.com/Tablet/Transformer_Pad/ASUS_Transformer_Pad_TF300T/#download
Not only did Asus roll out Jelly Bean to these tabs, they rolled out 1 or 2 patches after that to fix various things. Asus is good about updates.