4%
3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Dyson DC41 Upright Ball Vacuum
$299.99 + $5 Standard OR $22 Two-Day OR $25 One-Day Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

izzyizzo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages izzyizzo

Oh, come ON. Seriously?! This AGAIN?! I stayed up all excited to woot at 1am EST... and get the Dyson vacuum.

Sigh. Woot just ain't the same anymore.

fondybadger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fondybadger

How can you not love some hummers, er vacuums? I prefer the popup tv.

Randyl814

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Randyl814

wow! You wonder how they come up with all these wild and crazy ideas

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

izzyizzo wrote:Oh, come ON. Seriously?! This AGAIN?! I stayed up all excited to woot at 1am EST... and get the Dyson vacuum.

This is the first time we've sold this item. This is one of the newer ball vacuums from Dyson with stronger suction and a larger bin.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

StanleyS

quality posts: 5 Private Messages StanleyS

I was betting on a Roomba. Not hoping for one, just betting that we were overdue for one.

izzyizzo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages izzyizzo
ThunderThighs wrote:This is the first time we've sold this item. This is one of the newer ball vacuums from Dyson with stronger suction and a larger bin.

*facepalm*

Wholesaleforless

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Wholesaleforless

Why does Woot keep offering Dyson vacuums? *I* would think that the people who wanted one, would have gotten it a few days ago, the last time one was offered, or a few days before that, or a few days before that, or ...

BigD

quality posts: 69 Private Messages BigD
Wholesaleforless wrote:Why does Woot keep offering Dyson vacuums?"

Because people keep buying them :-)

What does refurbished or recertified mean? Click here to find out.

TruestInsanity

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TruestInsanity

You're right and wrong about w00t. No, it's not the same as it used to be, it's better. It offers a wider range of products than ever. This makes it more friendly for all groups of people, not just one market. The more people that have a chance to get their w00tgasm the better, as then w00t can keep offering more of what you may be looking for in-between what you're not so much.
As for me, I'm quites peached this happens to be the deal-been planning to grab one of these as a gift for someone who really wants one-yet I haven't quite seen the model I've wanted or caught one at a time I could afford it. I'm about to make someones year with this gift and that means something. I think its great w00t offers more so I can buy a bunch of gifts while still snagging geekish/nerdy/awesome deals for myself.
Thanks w00t, for being so epic and constantly taking less of my money than the other deal demons out there. You've got my addiction to you solid.

diamondj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages diamondj

Okay so how durable are Dysons? I'm a little concerned as this has a 6 month warranty from Dyson. For another $45 I can get a year with square trade OR for another $75.05, I can buy a new Dyson DC41 from Target:

http://www.target.com/p/dyson-dc41-multi-floor-upright-vacuum/-/A-13977930?ref=tgt_adv_xasd0001&AFID=Performics_BradsDeals.com_0004cf1055f4be8d0ae04b948f004c4a&LNM=Dyson%20DC41#prodSlot=medium_1_2

Target has a coupon code for $150 off plus I get 5% off if I use the Target card. The Target Dyson has a 5 year limited warranty from Dyson. I like the idea of saving another $75 but not if I'm going to regret it six months down the road...

my paradise

quality posts: 0 Private Messages my paradise

Dear Woot Writer,
It's "whoa", not "woah". I'm disappointed in you. Tsk, tsk.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Make sure you check out the daily deal on http://pop.woot.com/ as well as the great Plus deals.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

NickRyder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NickRyder

I have had nothing but trouble with my Dyson I purchased here. I have took in to a qualified authorized ( and possibly circumsized) dealers for repairs. It's not as if I were vacuuming leaves under that big tree in the front yard. I was using for a few minutes each week where my German Shepard rests after a grueling day of resting, eating and barking endlessly for no apparent reason...
The hose broke, it easily gets jammed up , the wand got stuck in the "activated" position.l the first few things the warranty covered, the other stuff I paid out of pocket, ii could have hired David Oreck to clean my house given the repair bills, it"s maintenance on a Ferrari. $$$
Lugging it around is no day one beach either, not to mention you look like an wishbone pushing a vacuum cleaner through the parking lot. Every time I use it seems something breaks or clogs up, hence 30 minutes and a butter knife will be necessary to remedy the problem. For $75 more for new one with a 5 year warranty. It's a no brainer. RR

niftyfifty

quality posts: 14 Private Messages niftyfifty
NickRyder wrote:I have had nothing but trouble with my Dyson I purchased here. I have took in to a qualified authorized ( and possibly circumsized) dealers for repairs. It's not as if I were vacuuming leaves under that big tree in the front yard. I was using for a few minutes each week where my German Shepard rests after a grueling day of resting, eating and barking endlessly for no apparent reason...
The hose broke, it easily gets jammed up , the wand got stuck in the "activated" position.l the first few things the warranty covered, the other stuff I paid out of pocket, ii could have hired David Oreck to clean my house given the repair bills, it"s maintenance on a Ferrari. $$$
Lugging it around is no day one beach either, not to mention you look like an wishbone pushing a vacuum cleaner through the parking lot. Every time I use it seems something breaks or clogs up, hence 30 minutes and a butter knife will be necessary to remedy the problem. For $75 more for new one with a 5 year warranty. It's a no brainer. RR

Sorry you have probs with yours. I bought a refurb here two years ago and love mine...

dragonkeeper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dragonkeeper

I've been interested in buying a Dyson for some time now but every time I see one on here it's always refurbished. This tells me that these things break down alot so I'm quite hesitant about buying one. Does anyone have any facts that support the opposite?

mcashman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mcashman
izzyizzo wrote:Oh, come ON. Seriously?! This AGAIN?! I stayed up all excited to woot at 1am EST... and get the Dyson vacuum.

You said it... Woot used to be a site I checked daily... now its down to just checking once in awhile.... Hmmmmm.... just disappointed..... expected more....

BechiBee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BechiBee

All the complainers can just go suck out their keyboards and look for better things to type. I have been checking woot.com daily, hoping to see this model…and I’ve been valiantly resisting the other Dyson models for more than a year! I didn’t just want to settle for a vac, I wanted this one!
[p]
Thank you, woot.com, for bringing us things that suck. May good favor blow your way.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 99 Private Messages radi0j0hn

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Tempted to make a joke about Dysons and Turkeys, but since I have no real experience with this vac, I shall refrain from stupid jokes.

Hey, one idea: while you are sitting around waiting for food, the big game, Uncle Fred to wake up and get off the darn couch, etc., why not fill a box or bag with stuff you don't need, never use, forgot you even had and take it to the Salvation Army Store or Goodwill tomorrow? And don't forget all those shoes and clothes that don't fit now and never will.

Kind of a reverse Black Friday and it will help those organizations deal with people with various needs. There are homeless people who finally get apartments, and the SA gives them a credit slip to buy a coffee maker, bedding, lamps etc. for their new home. Ditto with people from bad relationships who flee with nothing but a kid under their arm, etc. Not to mention people on the East Coast who lost everything.

The bonus is you will then have more room for new Woot! stuff!

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

littlecambo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages littlecambo

I saw this at my local costco for $270 after an instant rebate of $130 off last Saturday. Plus it was new.

DrThunder84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DrThunder84

This is the DC41, but it is not the same as the animal model is it?

If it's not, what's the major differences?

Spiky

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Spiky

Seriously, how many models does Dyson need to have? They sell vacuums, not computers. There's like, 50 models. I can't come up with a reason to have more than 10. And even 10 sounds crazy when I type it. It's a vacuum.

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin

I wonder how they celebrated Thanksgiving before the invention of the Dyson? Must have been very low-key back then.

nbirnbaum2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nbirnbaum2

i saw this one HOME WOOT during the woot off canned vegetables !!!!!

nathan birnbaum

crates

quality posts: 3 Private Messages crates

I know I'm not the only one who thinks all these Dysons and Roombas, well... suck.

(That's not a comment on the quality of the products, mind you.)

Surely Woot is saving all the truly EPIC deals for tomorrow.

Happy Spanksgiving, boils and gobbles.

Owner of Athames.com Metaphysical Wholesalers.
(That's not advertising; it's simply a fact.)

everlore

quality posts: 3 Private Messages everlore

Wow. This is... actually... a really good deal. e

e

grabby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grabby

Does this come with the mini-turbine head? It looks like it doesn't, but I think that a new one comes with one. Looks like another $50 to buy one on ebay.

StanleyS

quality posts: 5 Private Messages StanleyS
ThunderThighs wrote:Make sure you check out the daily deal on http://pop.woot.com/

...where you can buy yet another brand of TV you've *never* heard of from a company whose web address is http://205.134.232.205: yes, they don't even resolve the IP address into a name, a task that might be a little too high tech for them, apparently.

cherman1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cherman1

Its 382.48 at Kohls plus - 120 back in Kohls cash and either Chase 40% CB or EB7%

JaekTheBarbarian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JaekTheBarbarian
cherman1 wrote:Its 382.48 at Kohls plus - 120 back in Kohls cash and either Chase 40% CB or EB7%

Where? A search on the Kohls site for "Dyson DC41" only shows me two vacuums (the Animal Bagless and Animal Complete) for $562.48 and $609.36. Granted, after a 15% discount, that's $478.11 and $517.96, but even the lesser of those prices is nearly a hundred dollars more than the one you listed.

iiirdrealm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iiirdrealm
BechiBee wrote:All the complainers can just go suck out their keyboards and look for better things to type. I have been checking woot.com daily, hoping to see this model…and I’ve been valiantly resisting the other Dyson models for more than a year! I didn’t just want to settle for a vac, I wanted this one!
[p]
Thank you, woot.com, for bringing us things that suck. May good favor blow your way.

Same here! Word for word... ;-)

stevelord

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevelord

I bought a DC14 here 3 years ago and it still works great.

joeshmofro

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joeshmofro

While everybody else is having crazy deals on awesome stuff woot is selling another STUPID DYSON VACUUM!!

cherman1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cherman1
JaekTheBarbarian wrote:Where? A search on the Kohls site for "Dyson DC41" only shows me two vacuums (the Animal Bagless and Animal Complete) for $562.48 and $609.36. Granted, after a 15% discount, that's $478.11 and $517.96, but even the lesser of those prices is nearly a hundred dollars more than the one you listed.

Add it to your cart and it becomes 449 then add code thankful

Happy Turkey Day

mangledmess

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mangledmess

Cause Dyson vacuums appeal to gadget geeks and nerds, they can't get enough of the Dyson line of products and this is the DC41, I'm so excited!

Wholesaleforless wrote:Why does Woot keep offering Dyson vacuums? *I* would think that the people who wanted one, would have gotten it a few days ago, the last time one was offered, or a few days before that, or a few days before that, or ...

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll

TO REFURB OR NOT TO REFURB, THAT, IS THE QUESTION?

*Note* While looking for price comparisons I tried my best to insure I was looking at the same model. Woot has listed here a Dyson DC-41 model 20280-05 and the closest I could come to that on line was a Dyson DC-41 model 20280-01. However, with the eye they appear the same and the specs are the same so, I believe this to be a true and valid comparison as to equipment and price.

Woot Offer Refurbished
$299.99 + $5 = $304.99
At this price your refurbished machine will come with a 6 month Dyson Factory Warranty. If you add $44.99 to your above total you may acquire another 12 months of warranty from Square Trade. this would bring your total cost to, $349.98

All New In Box Comparisons

*New in Box comes with a 5 year Dyson Warranty.

Sears (NIB) = $449.99 + free shipping. On Line Only
http://www.sears.com/dyson-dc41-animal-bagless-upright-vacuum-cleaner/p-02039541000P?prdNo=10&blockNo=10&blockType=G10

Home Depot (NIB) = $471 + free shipping
http://www.homedepot.com/Appliances-Vacuum-Cleaners-Floor-Care/Dyson/h_d1/N-5yc1vZbv1zZhaZ6/R-202930287/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051

Best Buy (NIB) = $486.99 + free shipping
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dyson+-+DC41+Animal+Complete+Bagless+Upright+Vacuum+-+Iron/Satin+Rich+feasthsia/6039589.p;jsessionid=C71B64FEDA50D53CCF7C7089D76F1FE4.bbolsp-app03-29?id=1218716258005&skuId=6039589

Amazon (NIB) = $449.00 + free shipping
http://www.amazon.com/Dyson-DC41-Animal-Bagless-Cleaner/dp/B005FQMALQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353606375&sr=8-1&keywords=dc41

When compared to the best NIB price (above) taking the refurbished product from Woot save you, $144.01 if you take the standard 6 month warranty or, $99.02 if you opt for the Square Deal 12 month warranty. So, it all depends on what factors are most important to you if and when you buy. Total price and/or savings or, warranty coverage, or of course, all three. This would very between one person and another as certainly circumstances would very widely. Your choices come to these. Save close to $150 get the machine and hope for the best. Save close to $100, get the machine and extend your protection time. Or, Pay full price for NIB and get the full 5 years. Me, I probably would go for the bottom price and the refurb as I think the savings outweigh the risk. Certainly there is no right way or best way accept, the way you choose to go is the right way and best way for you.

squawks

quality posts: 7 Private Messages squawks

I bought the very first Dyson ball vacuum 7 years ago and it never broke or possessed any defects during the extensive usage I gave it (>1 use/week). It worked as good as it did near the end before I sold it before moving.

With refurbs, I am far more concerned especially given that Dyson will only give you *6* months warranty in contrast to the *5 years* warranty when new. This goes against other companies like Apple, which offers the same warranty for both new and refurbed goods.

grabby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grabby
charliecarroll wrote:TO REFURB OR NOT TO REFURB, THAT, IS THE QUESTION?

While looking for price comparisons I tried my best to insure I was looking at the same model.

The amazon listing shows some differences. Just the turbine head and the warranty?

What’s in the Box?
1 x DC41 Animal vacuum
1 x Operating manual
1 x Quick start guide
1 x Mini turbine head
1 x Combination tool
1 x Stair tool
1 x Product registration
1 x 5 year warranty

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll
grabby wrote:The amazon listing shows some differences. Just the turbine head and the warranty?

What’s in the Box?
1 x DC41 Animal vacuum
1 x Operating manual
1 x Quick start guide
1 x Mini turbine head
1 x Combination tool
1 x Stair tool
1 x Product registration
1 x 5 year warranty

As I mentioned, this was as close as I could find as I could not find another model with the '05' designation but I did point out that the models I was using for comparison were designated with the last two digits as 01 and not 05. I also pointed out all the new models used in comparison came with a full 5 year warranty and only the refurb does not.