charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll
charliecarroll wrote:

As I mentioned, this was as close as I could find as I could not find another model with the '05' designation but I did point out that all the new models came with a 5 year warranty. It is only the refurb that does not.

wootChewy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootChewy

Here is a product demo of this vacuum, not too shabby: http://webapps.easy2.com/cm/masterflash/generic_index.asp?page_id=36230411

grabby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grabby
charliecarroll wrote:As I mentioned, this was as close as I could find as I could not find another model with the '05' designation but I did point out that all the new models came with a 5 year warranty. It is only the refurb that does not.

Yeah, I think you are right, but this unit also appears to be missing at least one part (incomplete). I'm deciding if that's a deal breaker for me or not...

asylum56

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asylum56

Just recently purchased at DC41 Animal. I was basically anti-Dyson but gave in when we needed a new vacuum. The wife has allergies so thought we'd give it a try.
After using it for awhile I'm still amazed at how well it picks up, so much better than our old Sears upright (that was rated #3 at the time by CR). We have 3 cats and 2 dogs and this thing is a monster when it comes to pet hair. Of course I can't comment on the refurb but as far as cleaning goes I would whole heartedly recommend.

msenn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msenn

I've had my refurb'ed DC25 for several years with no issues and I love it! I just bought this DC41 for my folks hoping for the same good luck.

dragonkeeper wrote:I've been interested in buying a Dyson for some time now but every time I see one on here it's always refurbished. This tells me that these things break down alot so I'm quite hesitant about buying one. Does anyone have any facts that support the opposite?

Bione

quality posts: 26 Private Messages Bione
dragonkeeper wrote:I've been interested in buying a Dyson for some time now but every time I see one on here it's always refurbished. This tells me that these things break down alot so I'm quite hesitant about buying one. Does anyone have any facts that support the opposite?

My Dyson has seen light use for the last seven years or so. I bought it new. It's built like an American car: it's fairly obvious that some bits are more delicate than they should be, and you're always worried that something's about to fall off. But nothing has...yet.

I recommend Dysons to my friends, but only if they can get some form of discount. This is the latest model and seems to address some issues I never knew I had. I think if you see a good deal on a DC25, that's still worth buying. The DC24 (shorter, lighter) is sometimes on sale, too, but it's too much of a compromise.

Unless my DC25 breaks, I don't think I'll be buying one of these DC41st solely to upgrade.