WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Olde-Skool Timex Watches

High tops are old school. Rat tails are old school. But these Timex watches are SO retro and SO rad that they deserve a new appellation. We're going with "Olde Skool" to maximize their extreme throw-backiness.  
Timex official site.

xercess

quality posts: 3 Private Messages xercess

Well good thing these are Timex, because Casios get you in trouble:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Guantanamo_Bay_detainees_accused_of_possessing_Casio_watches

jollyrajr

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jollyrajr

Unfortunately my last Timex didn't bother taking a lickin' before it stopped tickin'. It fell about 8 inches to the ground and jarred whatever circuitry is inside so the display refuses to work.. I've been meaning to send it in for warranty repair, but it's $7.. It was a $23 watch.. err? The Casio I bought at the same time is doing just fine..

morninglark

quality posts: 23 Private Messages morninglark

How can a digital watch be "Olde-Skool"?

morninglark

quality posts: 23 Private Messages morninglark
morninglark wrote:How can a digital watch be "Olde-Skool"?

Ok, I retread the blurb and checked Wikipedia, so I think I get it now.

chretist

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chretist

Whatever happened to hourly and half-hourly chimes? I can never seem to find those anymore.

vinithehat

quality posts: 23 Private Messages vinithehat

So these watches are either ladies or unisex... based on how close to pink they are?

How about: they're all unisex. Be more progressive, Woot.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927
vinithehat wrote:So these watches are either ladies or unisex... based on how close to pink they are?

How about: they're all unisex. Be more progressive, Woot.

I like how some are "ladies", but one is "womens" -- I guess that's for people who aren't very lady-like.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

miken927 wrote:I like how some are "ladies", but one is "womens" -- I guess that's for people who aren't very lady-like.

mmmm. the black friday semantics game.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

themdg

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themdg
vinithehat wrote:How about: they're all unisex. Be more progressive, Woot.

Please don't, woot.

Wootlists are silly.

tewkewl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages tewkewl

so when they say water resistant... you can't take it swimming, correct?

samuelgreenberg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samuelgreenberg

I am pretty damn happy about this purchase. I can't wait to calculate the tip at restaurants. (It does other things.)

venom4hire

quality posts: 11 Private Messages venom4hire

Does anyone know if any of these watches have multiple alarms or just one alarm. I need a watch for my 8 year old to help to remember his meds on time. I need a watch that can alarm at two separate times. (8:30 am and pm to be exact.)

Do I want an extended warranty? Why, I'm just going to void it anyway.

jeninmaine

quality posts: 10 Private Messages jeninmaine

Sadly I never had a rad watch growing up. Now I'm gonna have two! Thanks woot!

djl909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djl909

My 1st WOOT!

I haven't had a Timex watch since the 80's, so this is an awesome way to return to my roots. :-)

marziah

quality posts: 17 Private Messages marziah
tewkewl wrote:so when they say water resistant... you can't take it swimming, correct?

Dunno about Timex specifically, but I take my Casio swimming all the time. I wouldn't advise going scuba diving while wearing it, because that would definitely break it.

I think technically they're not rated as OK for swimming, but as long as you don't push any buttons while they're submerged, you should be fine. I'm just very forgetful and end up already swimming before I realize that I've still got my watch on. This is one of the reasons I never buy a watch that isn't cheap and water resistant.

kmeltzer

quality posts: 32 Private Messages kmeltzer

I'm impressed with the photos. How they took pictures of almost all the watches at exactly the same time.... that's precision timing!

mavjade

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mavjade
tewkewl wrote:so when they say water resistant... you can't take it swimming, correct?

I would say yes. My non Olde-Skool Timex IronMan is Water Resistant to 100M, or so it says on the watch. I've never had any problems swimming and I've worn Timex for years.

mlh122

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mlh122
venom4hire wrote:Does anyone know if any of these watches have multiple alarms or just one alarm. I need a watch for my 8 year old to help to remember his meds on time. I need a watch that can alarm at two separate times. (8:30 am and pm to be exact.)

Although the price on these is pretty good, I think they only have one alarm, I found them here: "http://www.timex.com/watches/timex-digital-chronograph-t759619j"

I just got a Timex Expedition Chrono Alarm which has 3 alarms, each of which can be set to daily/weekdays/weekends. It was $29 at Target.
http://www.timex.com/watches/expedition-chrono-alarm-timer-t480429j