devonvp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devonvp

It seems as though, on every page of the website, you'll see at least 3 different jokes, whether it be calling something dumb, an obvious over exaggeration, or just using a silly, child-like vocabulary.

To me, I think it's much too much. I understand what they're doing, trying to stick out from the rest, but now I'm starting to see this site as the class clown no one can take seriously and I've only known about this site for 3 days. I even feel sketchy buying something from them in fear that their customer service may reflect the sites sarcastic personality. I just don't want to buy a defective $500 computer and then have their support staff not take my problem as seriously as they should.

Do you guys think they may be taking it too far with the jokes?

devonvp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devonvp

I hope Woot see's this because this is actually a big issue I have with this company

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 589 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Welcome to Woot. Our product narratives are for enjoyment and have been our voice since day one. We're known for telling it like it is. If a product stinks, expect the write-up to lay it out for you. This is one of my favorite write-ups.

But never fear, our customer service is wonderful. They take their job seriously and will do their best to help you out.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

DaveInSoCal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages DaveInSoCal

I've always gotten great service from woot.

offline999

quality posts: 4 Private Messages offline999

A one word answer to your post question:
No

A longer answer: The sarcasm and jokes are about the only thing left from the days when Woot? was actually cool. "Cash Grab" probably just put another nail in the coffin. If they get rid of the humor we might as well start tossing dirt on the casket...

Cadplumber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cadplumber

I agree. This cash grab thing just pisses me off. I would say Woot is in big trouble...

offline999 wrote:A one word answer to your post question:
No

A longer answer: The sarcasm and jokes are about the only thing left from the days when Woot? was actually cool. "Cash Grab" probably just put another nail in the coffin. If they get rid of the humor we might as well start tossing dirt on the casket...

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

if anything, we've toned it down a whole lot. (a pity, if you asked me.)
our audience is widening. some of the new folks share your feelings, but most feel the jokey style is endearing, believe it or not!

Cadplumber wrote:I agree. This cash grab thing just pisses me off. I would say Woot is in big trouble...

....but there are so many other worthwhile things to be enraged about during the holidays!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

Un0fficial

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Un0fficial

The Cash Grab is just... gah.. woot? is gone

Intrepid Wooter
58 total woots including (Not all listed)
12/1/2010, 4/1/2011, 7/12/2011, 9/14/2011, 12/6/2011, 12/25/2011, 3/22/2012, 4/24/2012, 5/22/2012, 6/26/2012, 7/12/2012(5x), 8/21/2013, 12/3/2013, 1/15/2014, 4/22/2014, 6/2/2014 Bags of Crap

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 589 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Cadplumber wrote:I agree. This cash grab thing just pisses me off. I would say Woot is in big trouble...

Hey, but how would we know if we didn't try it, right?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

thumperchick

quality posts: 245 Private Messages thumperchick

Smart-a$$, snarky, tongue-firmly-in-cheek write ups, product descriptions and blog posts have always been a core of the woot world.
Customer Service has been known to go above and beyond to solve your problems, while picking on you.
So, if you have delicate sensibilities, you are probably going to be offended constantly here, by everyone.
Now, if you were referring to a tendency of unhelpful sarcasm in response to reasonable questions... then yes. I agree.

bethannejohnson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bethannejohnson

they have no customer service as I have been writing to them for almost a month each week to ask about 3 tablets I bought. they didn't tell you they are not made anymore and there is no customer service to help you with any problems...so frustating...want to scream as I am going to have 3 very disappointed grandkids for Christmas because they left out many facts when selling tablets that no longer exist...they get your money and laugh all the way to the bank after you have been a faithful customer for years...scary to find this on a site that I used to like...don't hold your breath...they are laughing all the way to the bank....

bethannejohnson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bethannejohnson

they have no customer service as I have been writing to them for almost a month each week to ask about 3 tablets I bought. they didn't tell you they are not made anymore and there is no customer service to help you with any problems...so frustating...want to scream as I am going to have 3 very disappointed grandkids for Christmas because they left out many facts when selling tablets that no longer exist...they get your money and laugh all the way to the bank after you have been a faithful customer for years...scary to find this on a site that I used to like...don't hold your breath...they are laughing all the way to the bank....[/quote]