WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Settle an office argument for us. Who's the best?
  • 7.6% - David Bowie 922
  • 5.2% - Mick Jagger 635
  • 19.8% - Freddie Mercury 2415
  • 7.4% - Robert Plant 901
  • 0.5% - Phil Lynott 62
  • 6.7% - Elton John 821
  • 5.5% - Stevie Wonder 664
  • 1.5% - Iggy Pop 182
  • 45.8% - Roger Daltrey 5570
12172 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

dwillars

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwillars

There are no songs that say they got moves like 'Daltry'?!?! Duh...

Obviously some VOTE tampering here... I was the first to post when the site came back up... and Daltrey already had 90% with over 1000 votes...

lonelypond

quality posts: 416 Private Messages lonelypond

So tomorrow's poll starts with Joan Jett and goes from there, right?

Vote:

Camino1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Camino1

Whose tunes are used most in commercials and soundtracks?

Stevie Wonder.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

I think Moby holds the record for songs used in advertising.

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

Boredmaster

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Boredmaster
ckeilah wrote:I think Moby holds the record for songs used in advertising.

Yeah but he hasn't had a decent song in well over a decade. Bowie has conquered sound and screen and many, many musical genres. Plus BOWIENET! Guy's a billionaire, okay! :-)

swantner

quality posts: 2 Private Messages swantner

I didn't vote for him, but you could have at least spelled Roger Daltrey correctly.

kyliekarnage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kyliekarnage

Seriously? No.

mrinvegas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrinvegas

From these choices, it's a tie between Freddie Mercury and Stevie Wonder. JMO.....

Maureen Ross

ardubu

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ardubu

Who is Mick Jager?

If you want, you pay...
But, if you need, you pay more!

MISRy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MISRy

Jimi Hendrix

directad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages directad

Freddie Mercury ruled when he was alive. Queen wasn't Queen without him.

Robert F. Wilbert III

circusninja

quality posts: 8 Private Messages circusninja
Boredmaster wrote:Yeah but he hasn't had a decent song in well over a decade. Bowie has conquered sound and screen and many, many musical genres. Plus BOWIENET! Guy's a billionaire, okay! :-)

David Bowie, easily. Conquered a decade, was the Goblin King, and is the Sovereign of the League of Calamitous Intent (Venture Bros)

Bottom line, not voting David Bowie will get you in trouble with Goblins, and Arch Enemies.

Redeyes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Redeyes

Daltry? Are you mad?

Redeyes

kenbonilla

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kenbonilla

Wow, got some who fans I take it. Most displeased. Freddy mercury had the vocal range of 20 men and partied like the rock gods of yore!

DrummerZ64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DrummerZ64

70% for...who, again? I call shenanigans!

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

Daltrey = Absurd results. Buncha old fogeys up in here.

Freddie Mercury was simply the greatest of all time. There's no denying this simple truth.

ice2cu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ice2cu

I was debating between Daltrey or Mercury, but realized that when it came to pure talent, Freddie has everyone beat. His range was so much greater than anyone else...put it this way, Wayne's World would not have been the same if they were singing Baba O'Riley instead of Bohemian Rhapsody.

spitfire6006006

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spitfire6006006

I am pleased with these results

morgenthaler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morgenthaler

Although I like all the choices suggested, they all pale in comparison to Otis Redding

cricketis12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cricketis12

DUH!! STEVE PERRY and BRAD DELP

cricketis12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cricketis12

Not EVEN gonna vote till you put STEVE PERRY AND BRAD DELP on that list.

durning

quality posts: 0 Private Messages durning

Not one Beatle on the list??? really???

berbes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages berbes

you guys have time to talk since becoming a dyson factory seconds outlet?

mark filwett

mammawiswooting

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mammawiswooting

That's telling 'em! Some people recognize pure talent. (Relying to Camino1)

pestbytrade

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pestbytrade

Your question is incomplete. But Seriously, There is no competition as far as talented singers on this list. Freddy Mercury simply the best Vocal range, Showman , Etc. Blasphemy he's not leading. Who's this other guy? haha

emurray

quality posts: 1 Private Messages emurray
durning wrote:Not one Beatle on the list??? really???

Exactly what I was thinking.

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
berbes wrote:you guys have time to talk since becoming a dyson factory seconds outlet?

Hey now, we also offer a wide selection of Kelty backpacks.

Shinespark

quality posts: 31 Private Messages Shinespark

Where on earth is Roger Waters?

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

This poll is so wrong. I could live with the incomparable Freddy Mercury winning, but Daltry? Really? DAVID BOWIE should be the winner.

StemmyCornell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages StemmyCornell

Freddie Mercury, all day, every day, no less on the eve of the anniversary of his passing.

He has now been gone longer than they were together. Now there is a reason to be thankful for recording technology.

Spiky

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Spiky

Who's the best...what?

Drug addict? Tough call.

davemays123

quality posts: 7 Private Messages davemays123

I am:

- pleasantly surprised to see Jagger so low (always thought the stones were overrated and he looks like an angry chicken on stage).
- having trouble understanding the lack of love for Stevie Wonder and Robert Plant.
- absolutely gobsmacked that Daltrey is getting an actual majority. There must be FAR more fans of The Who than I ever imagined.

The correct answer is Freddie Mercury; if you disagree, go watch Queen's Live Aid performance on youtube and get back to me.

Slydon

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

Shinespark wrote:Where on earth is Roger Waters?

Probably somewhere performing that one album over and over and over and over ...

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

mdryan10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdryan10

Freddie Mercury is by far the best, he was ahead of almost everybody in the music entertainment world. Sad he's gone

countryjustice

quality posts: 1 Private Messages countryjustice

Freddie Mercury lived the life of 10 men in the span of half of one.

Anyone else tries to get in your face and says "We Are The Champions," you brush them off. Anyone tries to say to you "We Will Rock You," you laugh at their futile attempts. Mercury not only told you those things, but he wiped the floor with your sorry ass while doing it and sneered at you when you crawled back grovelling for more.

Litmus test: Ask each of the nominees (or ghosts of) on this list who they would point to. That's all you need to know.

daveplubell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daveplubell

Iggy Pop by a long shot, with Phil Lynott in at a close second. How many guys on the list were able to be strung out on heroin, cut themselves onstage and go out into the crowd to beat the crap out of people? When told to write a ballad or the album wouldn't get released, Iggy raised the middle digit and wrote "I Wanna Be Your Dog"! That's rock and roll! Phil Lynott (RIP) is cool because he's a black Irish bass player, and Thin Lizzy never gets enough credit.

dmoser20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmoser20

There's a reason Paul Rodgers is called "The Voice". He needs to at least be on the list.

chomauk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chomauk

Considering the choices I would have thought the voting would be closer. So, for Daltry to be that far ahead it is obvious the poll is rigged. I cast my vote for Plant even though I could have voted for any of the others on any other day (except Iggy Pop).

deandaniels

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deandaniels

Where's Clapton in this so called list of icons, I agree Bowie likely richest, but as a musician, so many are missing.