dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Shinespark wrote:Where on earth is Roger Waters?

When we went to Dark Side, the audience was totally mixed. Old fans who grew up with Floyd and their kids and grandkids, who were just as excited to be there.

His work lives on!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

organgrinder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages organgrinder

PINK FLOYD!!!!!

CaviMike

quality posts: 6 Private Messages CaviMike

Queen sucks. Bicycle. Bicycle! BICYCLE!!

I rage every time I hear that song. I don't care how good you are - there is no way a talented person would ever think that was worthy of pressing.

I'm also disappointed in the lack of David Bowie votes. The man is a genius.

Personal info is personal.

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08

For sheer talent, Freddie Mercury. Saw Queen in concert just before he got sick, they were incredible. Yes, they did a few silly songs, so what. Best song of the show? "Killer Queen". The man could sing.

HaveAWootDay

quality posts: 5 Private Messages HaveAWootDay

Daltrey over Mercury?!?!?! What are you people smoking?

space0matic

quality posts: 4 Private Messages space0matic

Who's the best? The Best, say, all around?
Bowie.
David Bowie - all around great everything, all by himself.
Mick Jagger - Needs his band. Vocals are OK, but has a tiny todger.
Freddie Mercury - Needs his band. Best vocals, but mediocre writing skills.
Robert Plant - Needs his band.
Phil Lynott - er, Needs his band.
Elton John - not even worthy of this poll. Wrote "Candle in the Wind" for Marilyn Monroe, then changed it for Lady Diana. Nothing without Bernie Topin.
Stevie Wonder - Mediocre writing skills, overall.
Iggy Pop - second to Bowie.
Roger Daltrey - Needs his band.

little gray dude

vespaman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vespaman

Boys are back in town!, Jailbreak, come on man Thin Lizzy is the best.....after Eddie Money of course

diehardrod

quality posts: 1 Private Messages diehardrod

Freddie Mercury, what else is there to say.

klstrader

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klstrader

Freddie Mercury is easily the greatest male vocalist of all time. He had the voice of an angel that had the voice of a thousand angels. The man was not of this realm.

And I'm not undermining the talent of everyone else on this list, they're just all regular earth humans.

gregpicadash

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gregpicadash

Freddie Mercury clearly is/was and always-has-been the better showman, voice, rock God above all these others. Roger Daltrey? Seriously? Come on.

gregpicadash

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gregpicadash
klstrader wrote:Freddie Mercury is easily the greatest male vocalist of all time. He had the voice of an angel that had the voice of a thousand angels. The man was not of this realm.

And I'm not undermining the talent of everyone else on this list, they're just all regular earth humans.

*****AGREED!

wootywoo09

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wootywoo09

was looking for Cee-lo

ecstaticjoy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ecstaticjoy

um, who the hell is Roger Daltrey and why is he winning? Freddy Mercury, obviously.

ecstaticjoy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ecstaticjoy
klstrader wrote:Freddie Mercury is easily the greatest male vocalist of all time. He had the voice of an angel that had the voice of a thousand angels. The man was not of this realm.

gregpicadash wrote:*****AGREED!

Finally! The voice of reason!!

bluedaisy925

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluedaisy925

Am I the only one that thought of Roger Daltrey because of the wording of the question? "Who's" the best? Anybody? No? I guess that was just my odd mind, but I honestly thought that was why he was winning...

jsdixon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jsdixon

It really comes down to stye of music. Bowie was awesome at restyling himself and being the lad about town during glam (which is image as much as anything). Jagger is one of the icons of hard rocking, hard living and feasting everything in sight including bandmates girls, Bowie, etc. Freddie was great at big shows and costumes, Elton wrote some inspired tunes and looked flash for his fanboys. Daltry was the best voice and singer of this group. Many of them would not do well without their bands and some were not singer/songwriters. Tough grouping to decide who is best. At what I ask?

Joel S. Dixon

jsdixon

bluedaisy925 wrote:Am I the only one that thought of Roger Daltrey because of the wording of the question? "Who's" the best? Anybody? No? I guess that was just my odd mind, but I honestly thought that was why he was winning...

Who are you?

Joel S. Dixon

jsdixon

Camino1 wrote:Whose tunes are used most in commercials and soundtracks?

Stevie Wonder.

Just means he sold out early and often man. Poor logic. This could mean Phil Collins is great or Trent Reznor, because they score movies and tv shows plus are used in commercials.

Joel S. Dixon

jsdixon

cricketis12 wrote:DUH!! STEVE PERRY and BRAD DELP

This person should just be banned for Steve Perry! Horrible. Please start suicide now.

Joel S. Dixon

merzan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages merzan

Freddie shouldn't even be in the poll since we all know he's above and beyond the rest of them.

/search youtube Queen Live Aid
/search youtube Queen Live at Wembley
/serach youtube Lap of the Gods Hammersmith

I rest my case, Freddie wins.

cernenus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cernenus
durning wrote:Not one Beatle on the list??? really???

They were great pop musicians, but as vocalists (which is what that list looks like to me) I don't think any of them were up to the least of the folks on the list above.

cernenus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cernenus
merzan wrote:Freddie shouldn't even be in the poll since we all know he's above and beyond the rest of them.

/search youtube Queen Live Aid
/search youtube Queen Live at Wembley
/serach youtube Lap of the Gods Hammersmith

I rest my case, Freddie wins.

I pretty much have to agree with you, especially the way Freddy could work a crowd.

OTOH, a great vocal talent who belongs on that list is MeatLoaf. Guy is not sexy, but he can sure sing.

before you dismiss me out of hand, check out the sales figures for Bat Out of Hell.. pretty sure he's outsold (in terms of single album sales) everyone else on that list.

Still, that being said, Freddie would get my vote, Meat is a close second

shadleyboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shadleyboy

Yeah! No Lennon, and no Dylan either. Gotta wonder who picked the choices. Where's the Football?!

driver905

quality posts: 0 Private Messages driver905

If you are talking musical talent, then you need to add Pete Townshend, and Eric Clapton. Otherwise with the vague "best" in the question, then Daltrey it is.

meboater

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meboater

Roger Daltrey? You've all smoked too much weed. Really go back and listen!

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613

My thoughts exactly.

Paul McCartney

jreesnc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jreesnc

Folks , before you all quip about who may be missing from this poll (nobody , BTW), remember, this is just to answer an office argument . This is not a scientifically derived query based on statistics or anything. You want that? Go find Nate Silver! :-)

zingriffy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zingriffy

D. I vote for Jean Pierre Rampal.

mebuynow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mebuynow

Phil Lynott????? Had to google it.

dalbeats

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dalbeats

Hands down David Bowie. He was Ziggy Stardust and Jareth the Goblin King

tullymars

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tullymars

I would never be able to pick one artist from this list to BE THE BEST. With that being said, I would just like to get Phil Lynott out from behind that dayumed decimal point. To hear him sing "Still in Love With You" on "Live and Dangerous" can still bring a tear to my eyes almost 40 years later. It's almost like you guys were looking for something else. Is this poll a secret messaging system? So, if you take the first letter of each first name and the second letter from their last name. Then the last letter from their.........

mrgroovemachine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrgroovemachine

Ain't nobody got more Soul than Stevie! Plus he can totally rip the piano harder than any of those other guys can even come close to playing on an instrument.

...But Freddie Mercury is also the giblet.

ninboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ninboy

Daltry? C'mon!

soullessecho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soullessecho

At what exactly?

Branham

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Branham

Roger Daltrey is nothing without Pete Townshend. I voted for David Bowie.

el-dodo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages el-dodo

Iggy is god!

"Lookout Honey I'm Using Technology"
James Osterberg - 1969

kevman359

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevman359

I feel taken advantage of by voting and now discussing this poll. I want a time-refund

madcaver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages madcaver

Look at the gents available, they truly are the tops of the field and each is a phenomenal talent. While I am a huge Thin Lizzy/Led Zep/Who fan, it cannot be denied that no person has affected the genre, style, art and state of where music is today more than Mr. Bowie. Not only was he the first to bring us new sounds and looks, his talent is unsurpassed. A listen to "Young Americans" will convince any doubters as to who has the greatest voice. My hat is off to all, but foremost to David Bowie. Thanks David for never ceasing to bring us new music!

robgnts5611

quality posts: 1 Private Messages robgnts5611

SERIOUSLY !
Wars get started with questions like this.
Wow !

duhlinduh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages duhlinduh

You made me Google Roger Daltrey. Thanks. Thanks a lot.