0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Wilson ProStaff Tour Golf Set
$199.99 + $5 Standard OR $22 Two-Day OR $25 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll

How Does Woot Stack Up In A Price Comparison?

Today's Woot + $199.99 + $5 shipping (total for one, $204.99)

Budget Golf = $249.96 + ships free if you buy today, Black Friady
http://www.budgetgolf.com/Wilson-ProStaff-Tour-Set.html?vfsku=35278&gpla=pla&adtype=pla&gclid=CNDxtY-M5bMCFQq0nQod2ikAuQ

ebay = $349.99 + ships free
http://compare.ebay.com/like/140863632187?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

Als.com = $299.99 + ships free
http://www.alssports.com/Product.aspx?pf_id=10208079&gclid=CLS_0f-N5bMCFQq0nQod2ikAuQ

National Athletic Supply = $349.99 + ships free *includes 15 pack, Wilson Ultra Golf Balls
http://www.nationalathleticsupply.net/servlet/the-5604/Wilson,-ProStaff,-Tour,-Mens,/Detail?gclid=CIfYpryP5bMCFQkFnQodCzEAxw

**Woot Wins by about $50 compared to the lowest advertised price found on other online and in store sellers.

**NOTE**
Prices as listed are a sampling as I could find in a food faith web search. These reflect also the best lowest advertised price I could find. As it is impossible to search every possible sale you may find a lower price on your own web search.

kschoenberg

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kschoenberg

Black Friday and Woot goes with golf clubs. I'm sure it's a good price, but this is disappointing on many levels. I guess I'll just go drown myself in a sea of distilled cranberry sauce moonshine.

I know tomorrow's woot is going to be the one that makes us all believers once again.

cortot20

quality posts: 153 Private Messages cortot20
kschoenberg wrote:Black Friday and Woot goes with golf clubs. I'm sure it's a good price, but this is disappointing on many levels. I guess I'll just go drown myself in a sea of distilled cranberry sauce moonshine.

I know tomorrow's woot is going to be the one that makes us all believers once again.

You should try golf it's fun.

CT

gelo48

quality posts: 8 Private Messages gelo48

I was excited, been looking for new clubs but alas, I am left handed.

I played for several years right handed and got progressively worse, lessons only deepened the despair and finally quit. One day a friend who is left handed asked me about golf and after the short version said why don't I play left handed.

I still suck but not nearly as badly.

furiousturtle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages furiousturtle

So, what's the difference between this Cash Grab thing and a WootOff?

tomonline976

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomonline976

Slowest woof off ever... First one i have seen without the lights.

Cheap clubs for the beginner. Dont think tiger would ever use these.

okiedukie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages okiedukie
furiousturtle wrote:So, what's the difference between this Cash Grab thing and a WootOff?

Orange lights

Cadplumber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cadplumber

Cash grab? Grab this Woot.....

woottoady

quality posts: 33 Private Messages woottoady
charliecarroll wrote:**NOTE** Prices as listed are a sampling as I could find in a food faith web search.

Food faith? Too much turkey yesterday?

Gertrudethemutilator

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Gertrudethemutilator

I see you can pick mens or womens, but not the more critical left or right?

So much for picking up clubs for the hubby :P

Life is like a box of chocolates, the good stuff's all gone, the rest will go eventually.

andrewhesstx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewhesstx

Wish they had this for left-handed players...we always get screwed and have to pay full-price somewhere else...

aggiestephanie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aggiestephanie

This same set is on sale at Dick's Sporting Goods for $399.99 with 4 star ratings: http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12584062

chaddhatcher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chaddhatcher

Picked a set up for my son. I hope these aren't too big. The deal is just too good. Usually when you buy these sets they don't have a full set. Good deal IMHO

ec04163

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ec04163

Can anyone buy all available golf sets so we can have the chance of having a proper Black Friday deal?
Thanks!

sy79060

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sy79060
gelo48 wrote:I was excited, been looking for new clubs but alas, I am left handed.

I played for several years right handed and got progressively worse, lessons only deepened the despair and finally quit. One day a friend who is left handed asked me about golf and after the short version said why don't I play left handed.

I still suck but not nearly as badly.

Im left handed too. FML

Shinespark

quality posts: 33 Private Messages Shinespark
charliecarroll wrote:
Prices as listed are a sampling as I could find in a food faith web search.

Of all the food faiths, I favor the New York Strippers the most.

kusmertz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kusmertz

I worked at a golf course where we would let people who did not have clubs rent this very set. I would hit them from time to time if it was a slow day and found them to be a little "clunky". Not as crisp as the high end sets ($1000+) from big name brands.

Wilson makes good high end clubs and this set is perfect for beginners, but like any beginner type purchases (motorcycles, furniture, computers, etc) you will grow out of these quickly if you get to be a consistently good player. If you are just itching to get into the game or just play a few times a year with friends, this is a great set.

If you get consistently good with these clubs but don't want to pull the trigger on a $2500 set, AdamsGolf is the next step. They make clubs that are good for beginners through low-handicappers. Their "beginner-type" clubs are made from great materials that deliver the crisp feeling shots regardless of your skills. I used to work for Adams, and find that everyone I switched from Nike or Taylormade (even though TM bought Adams recently) still use their old Adams clubs and have no intention of switching.

Edit: Also, professional golfers Padraig Harrington and Ricky Barnes play Wilson-Staff clubs.

mddr1day

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mddr1day
sy79060 wrote:Im left handed too. FML

Completely sympathize! I would have been all over this deal if it was lefty-friendly...

oovwee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages oovwee
mddr1day wrote:Completely sympathize! I would have been all over this deal if it was lefty-friendly...

Lefty female here. Buying clubs is a downright hatred of mine.

Love the prostaffs. Played Jr. PGA when I was younger on a set of prostaffs from circa 2000. I just play recreationally now and although I have added a hybrid and bought a real oversized driver, my prostaffs still hold their own.

enginedown

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enginedown

Would these clubs be too short for someone who is about 6'5"?

lol, was just about to pull the trigger.. now it's sold out. darn.

MJPerron

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MJPerron
enginedown wrote:Would these clubs be too short for someone who is about 6'5"?

lol, was just about to pull the trigger.. now it's sold out. darn.

Yes - most probably

kschoenberg

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kschoenberg
cortot20 wrote:You should try golf it's fun.

I have...I once shot a -10. Of course that meant I ended up with 10 balls less than I started with.
Nowadays if I want to lose something and have to find it...I leave it out for my kids.