0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Braun Series 3-390 Men's Shaver
$59.99 + $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

AuraDave

quality posts: 7 Private Messages AuraDave

Sort-of-a-woot-off? Is this going to be the new thing going forward (Cash Grab) or test?

roxannez

quality posts: 13 Private Messages roxannez

Hey Woot, keep your hands off my a**, okay?

swifijon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swifijon

Maybe it is a way to say we are doing a woot off without the expectations of a Basket of Cranberries.

vmeeks1022

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vmeeks1022

Look, it's a Woot Off without the flashing lights or any warning. Anyone remember the old days of Woot when there was only Woot, Shirt Woot and Wine Woot? And it was one product a day?

djcanfield

quality posts: 4 Private Messages djcanfield

Is this a 3-390 CC or 3-390 CC-4 ?

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll

Prices Compared

Today's Woot = $59.99 + $5 shipping (condition - new)

ebay (new) = $89.95 + $12.95 dhipping
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Braun-Series-3-390cc-Mens-Shaving-System-Brand-New-/251175425312?_trksid=p3284.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BUA%252BP%252BFICS%252BUFI%252BIIUM%26otn%3D21%26pmod%3D321028619856%26ps%3D54

Amazon (new) = $81.50 + ships free
http://www.amazon.com/Braun-Series-3-390cc-Shaving-System/dp/B001VEK1E4

Walmart (new) = $107.00 + fee in store pickup or home delivery extra charge.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Braun-Series-390CC-3-Series-Men-s-Shaving-System/17617198

Drugstore.com (new) = $114.99 + ships free
http://www.drugstore.com/cart.asp?from=

SOAP.com (new) = $119.. + ships free
http://www.soap.com/p/braun-series-3-390cc-mens-shaving-system-61833

Factory Outlet Store (new) = $99.95 + ships free
http://braun.factoryoutletstore.com/details/46067/braun-390cc-4.html?cid=54172&chid=4272

Woot has lowest price compared to above by just over $15.00

***NOTE
Above prices for comparison were found via Google Search. The web is a huge place and while I have made my best 'good faith' search for fair comparisons your search could turn up prices lower than I have found

sysop073

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sysop073
vmeeks1022 wrote:Anyone remember the old days of Woot when there was only Woot, Shirt Woot and Wine Woot? And it was one product a day?

We had Woot-Offs years before any of the spinoff sites

AuraDave

quality posts: 7 Private Messages AuraDave
vmeeks1022 wrote:Look, it's a Woot Off without the flashing lights or any warning. Anyone remember the old days of Woot when there was only Woot, Shirt Woot and Wine Woot? And it was one product a day?

I remember the days of just woot.com, and Blazing Orange Chariots would slip through one's grasp at the stroke of midnight. I don't remember the last time a Big ol' Cornucopia was offered as a normal woot!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

remember "compact discs?" me, too!

now that we're done waxing nostalgic, let's focus on the product. there are oodles of other threads dedicated to gripes + grievances.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

birdoprey5

quality posts: 11 Private Messages birdoprey5

Does anyone know what the buttons on this thing do?

charliecarroll

PemberDucky wrote:remember "compact discs?" me, too!

now that we're done waxing nostalgic, let's focus on the product. there are oodles of other threads dedicated to gripes + grievances.

This old fart has you beat. I remember (and used) eight track tapes. Anyone else out there my age that remembers them also knows why it was good to have a book of matches in your car if you had one of those things.

lacotomo

quality posts: 11 Private Messages lacotomo
charliecarroll wrote:This old fart has you beat. I remember (and used) eight track tapes. Anyone else out there my age that remembers them also knows why it was good to have a book of matches in your car if you had one of those things.

To burn your car to the ground to avoid being caught inca car with an eight track?

Gobenlando

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gobenlando

Remember when product discussions contained useful information?

Limited660

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Limited660
birdoprey5 wrote:Does anyone know what the buttons on this thing do?

Here is the manual from Braun.

http://www.service.braun.com/line/SH/S5411/S5411_3_NA.pdf

kellic

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kellic

I can't tell by the description. Does this thing have a trimmer on the back side?

mitchfam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mitchfam

Well - I remember when the staff was nicer.... Geez!

mitchfam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mitchfam
kellic wrote:I can't tell by the description. Does this thing have a trimmer on the back side?

I have an older Braun (Great Electric Razor) and mine did not come with one - however the description I read on-line for the 3-390CC says it comes with a hair trimmer.

BradSR20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BradSR20
kellic wrote:I can't tell by the description. Does this thing have a trimmer on the back side?

It appears to. Check out the manual someone posted above.

I have a much older version of this shaver, and its been trucking along for a good 6+ years now. Maybe it's time to upgrade. The little cleaning stand and refill things are an afterthought though... cause ive been using mine sans all that without issues.

bill750

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bill750

Does the cleaner thing use the standard cleaning cartridge refill? I have several of the older/standard refills on hand and would not like to pitch them.

PemberDucky

Staff

mitchfam wrote:Well - I remember when the staff was nicer.... Geez!

staff has always had snark. it's like that shouty hot dog place in Philly or wherever. only i won't yell obscenities. i'll utter them quietly. to myself.

PemberDucky

Staff

charliecarroll wrote:This old fart has you beat. I remember (and used) eight track tapes. Anyone else out there my age that remembers them also knows why it was good to have a book of matches in your car if you had one of those things.

is this about drugs? or insurance fraud? i hate to derail the thread further, but man, now i gotta know.

bill750

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bill750
bill750 wrote:Does the cleaner thing use the standard cleaning cartridge refill? I have several of the older/standard refills on hand and would not like to pitch them.

Thanks to Limited 660 for posting the link to the manual. According to the manual, it does use the same refill cartridge as older models. I get them on a subscribe and save deal from Amazon. Been using the same Braun shaver for about 15 years. Time to update. In for one...

kusmertz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kusmertz
swifijon wrote:Maybe it is a way to say we are doing a woot off without the expectations of a Basket of Cranberries.

So.... this is a woot-off, then?

highwyre237

quality posts: 6 Private Messages highwyre237

I just called braun's customer support, and can confirm that you can use this trimmer on your backside.

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin

Wow really ?

usermonster

quality posts: 1 Private Messages usermonster

Looking at the Amazon photos, this does not look like the CC-4, which is a more expensive model, though I'm not sure why.

cc:
http://www.amazon.com/Braun-Series-3-390cc-Shaving-System/dp/B001VEK1E4

cc-4:
http://www.amazon.com/Braun-390CC-4-3Series-Shaver/dp/B00517W47O/

djcanfield wrote:Is this a 3-390 CC or 3-390 CC-4 ?

Rudedog753

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Rudedog753

Ambidextrous, in for two.

broderya

quality posts: 17 Private Messages broderya
swifijon wrote:Maybe it is a way to say we are doing a woot off without the expectations of a Basket of Cranberries.

Hmmmm, I believe based on recent trends, it's more similar than you might think

Hoser768

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Hoser768
PemberDucky wrote:is this about drugs? or insurance fraud? i hate to derail the thread further, but man, now i gotta know.

You used the matchbook as a shim to wedge the tape in the right spot when the tape heads got out of alignment and caused it to sound like there was a pillow over the speakers, or even worse, mixing with the tracks above or below it. Kinda like the tracking control on old VHS VCRs.

Listen to me now, or hear me say "I told you so" later.

PemberDucky

Staff

jmbunkin wrote:Wow really ?

charliecarroll

PemberDucky wrote:is this about drugs? or insurance fraud? i hate to derail the thread further, but man, now i gotta know.

OK, here is your answer. While 8 track may have been 'cutting edge' in it's (short lived) day, it had some real problems. Sound was pretty good and better than your standard FM at the time. Remember, there certainly was no Sirus at the time. Cassettes were years away much less Dolby. There were no tracking controls with 8 tracks and due to the cartridge itself and/or the player, they often wood mis-track and either not play or sound terrible. "The Fix" was, you took a pack of book matches and slid them between the bottom of the cassette and the opening you put it in as a shim or wedge. That almost always took care of the problem but if you did not have something to use as a shim, you were out of luck. Book matches having a progressive thin to thicker angle worked better than anything else you could find and back then were readily available.

So now with this invaluable bit of history and information and $1 you can get a cup of coffee. Well, unless you go to Starbucks where you will need $2.95 to go along with the info.

dissatisfiedcustomer

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dissatisfiedcustomer

...or any kinda fun stuff. woot just ain't the same anymore.

vmeeks1022

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vmeeks1022
mitchfam wrote:Well - I remember when the staff was nicer.... Geez!

That's exactly what I was thinking. Thanks for putting it so succinctly.