0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Vornado VH2 Whole Room Heater
$49.99 + $5 Standard OR $13 Two-Day OR $17 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Vornados are great and last forever, except for when they don't. When they don't they last a couple months (usually inside manufacturers warranty though)

Here are some QVC Reviews

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Here are some more amazon reviews But be careful, a lot of the 1 star reviews were made for the wrong model as pointed out here:

It's very important not to get confused (as I suspect some reviewers have been) between two very similar Vortex models, the VH2 and the DVH. The DVH does indeed break almost instantly and should be avoided. This model, the VH2, on the other hand, is perfectly adequate for the price. No small electric heater in this price range is going to do a great job of quickly heating a large drafty room on an extremely cold day, but the VH2 does a find job. You will have to be patient however: it will take several hours to notice much of an effect in large dining room or kitchen. But if you wait, you will find that the VH2 gets the job done (and is quiet as well).

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
CowboyDann wrote:Vornados are great and last forever, except for when they don't. When they don't they last a couple months (usually inside manufacturers warranty though)

The Amazon ratings are also quite concerning - percentage of 1-star reviews is way too high. I have a Vornado fan and love it - but this could be a dud.
http://www.amazon.com/Vornado-VH2-Vortex-Heater/product-reviews/B00006C7HJ/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

CowboyDann wrote:Vornados are great and last forever, except for when they don't. When they don't they last a couple months (usually inside manufacturers warranty though)

Which is a 5-year warranty. I had to call them on one of my fans a couple years ago and they were great. Very easy and I got a working fan.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090

I can say this about the cyber-Monday deal...it truly blows

mkdr

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mkdr

This heater is awesome! I've only had it for a month, but we use it for extra heat in my grand daughter's bedroom and also put it in her unheated playroom. Less than 5 minutes and that room (which used to be a porch and is mostly single pane windows) is toasty warm.

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!

DigitalFoobar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DigitalFoobar

Last time that Woot! sold this, it was sold out by about 9am est. I debated getting one, tried to do some research, decided that I wanted one, then came up empty.

But I gladly picked on up this morning!

ThorsHammer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ThorsHammer

.....it has come to pass....a fan/heater without a remote is like a car with roll up windows.

janehancock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janehancock

Bought this last time it was offered. Great heater, but only lasted through about two hours of use until it totally quit working.

damorere

quality posts: 9 Private Messages damorere

I have been using Vornados for decades. They are powerful, quiet, and can heat a very large area without blowing you over. I almost wished I needed more, but I have plenty of heaters.

jerrybign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerrybign

Really getting worried about Woot.com...THIS IS A CYBER-MONDAY "deal"? I expected another Roomba sucker-upper...but got this thing that just blows!!!

/12/2006 Random scaffolding 1 blog discuss
20409570 6/13/2006 Straight Line Laser Level 2-Pack 2 blog discuss
20400974 6/9/2006 Rio Forge 512MB MP3 Player 1 blog discuss
20387700 6/8/2006 Rio Forge 128MB MP3 Player 20597732 9/12/2006 Logitech X-120 2 Piece Multimedia Speakers - 2 Pack 1 blog discuss
20544157 8/18/2006 SanDisk 256 MB MP3/WMA Player with FM Tuner and Voice Recorder

ThunderThighs

Staff

janehancock wrote:Bought this last time it was offered. Great heater, but only lasted through about two hours of use until it totally quit working.

Eeep, did you contact our customer service or Vornados?

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

jerrybign wrote:Really getting worried about Woot.com...THIS IS A CYBER-MONDAY "deal"? I expected another Roomba sucker-upper...but got this thing that just blows!!!

No, this is HOT deal!

FORUM MODERATOR

tzstlouis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages tzstlouis
ThunderThighs wrote:No, this is HOT deal!

I agree. We have had this style Vornado for almost 20 yrs and it's still our fav space heater. We LOVE it!!

wootshoop

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wootshoop

Is there a difference between this heater and the Vornado Model VTH Style EH1-0025-01 Whole Room Vortex Heater (Love it!) that I Wooted a month ago? The specs look simlilar. Anyone know?

ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ReginaFilangee

Am I just missing it, or does it say anywhere in the description/specs what SIZE room this will keep warm?

May the Crap be with you all!!!

natrldsastr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages natrldsastr

does someone have a useful link to previous discussions? Thx so much.

crzy4fishy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crzy4fishy

Does anybody happen to know what it costs in electricity? It says the energy is about 1500 watts for high and 750 for low, but curious if anybody has experience in how that translated into money. Thanks!

caroltz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caroltz

Just yesterday I returned one very similar to this (Model # EH1-0051-47) to Bed Bath and Beyond. Hubby had bought it for us to use during the recent hurricane and we were extremely disappointed in it's performance. We live in a small cottage and it took forever to heat up our living room, which is only 8.5' x 14'. The cheap little heater I got from my job worked much better.

Indecision may or may not be my problem.

birry

quality posts: 2 Private Messages birry
crzy4fishy wrote:Does anybody happen to know what it costs in electricity? It says the energy is about 1500 watts for high and 750 for low, but curious if anybody has experience in how that translated into money. Thanks!

How much do you pay per kWh? Check your utility bill to find out.

Take your price per kWh and multiply it by 1.5. That will tell you how much it costs to operate this heater on high for one hour.

DennisG2010

quality posts: 20 Private Messages DennisG2010

I'm sure I'm not the first person to ask this, and I know this isn't exactly the right place to ask, but I searched the forums and couldn't find a discussion of it...

What's the difference between a Cash Grab and a Woot Off?

shunb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shunb

A few months ago I purchased the Vornado VTH model. It was $10 cheaper and it works like a champ. Crank down the Central Heating at night, close the bedroom door, and you are nice and toasty. As someone else mentioned, the heater can get the room warm in about 5 - 10 minutes.

I've only had it for a few months, so I can't speak on longevity.

cmcniece

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cmcniece
DennisG2010 wrote:I'm sure I'm not the first person to ask this, and I know this isn't exactly the right place to ask, but I searched the forums and couldn't find a discussion of it...

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet"

Just no flashing lights

ReginaFilangee

DennisG2010 wrote:I'm sure I'm not the first person to ask this, and I know this isn't exactly the right place to ask, but I searched the forums and couldn't find a discussion of it...

Near as I can tell, it's only the flashing yellow lights. And semantics.

ReginaFilangee

^^^Points to what cmcniece said (much more eloquently) a few seconds before I did. ^^^

wintera

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wintera

Ordered 2, one worked the other had heater wire loose and melted to heater. Under warranty but they wanted $20 up front to have it sent back.
As a retailer myself, not what I expected for service.

therichfather

quality posts: 1 Private Messages therichfather

I wondered the same thing. I guess because they just had a woot off a week or so ago, they can't do another woot off for another month.

cmcniece

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cmcniece
therichfather wrote:I wondered the same thing. I guess because they just had a woot off a week or so ago, they can't do another woot off for another month.

And they aren't obligated to put up another deal immediately. So maybe we should call this woot!Off Lite

snosbig

quality posts: 8 Private Messages snosbig

I can say the same, I bought 1 a month ago (for 5 bux less) & have no complaints

mkdr wrote:This heater is awesome! I've only had it for a month, but we use it for extra heat in my grand daughter's bedroom and also put it in her unheated playroom. Less than 5 minutes and that room (which used to be a porch and is mostly single pane windows) is toasty warm.

jlzeller2003

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlzeller2003

I bought 2 the last time they were offered on woot. Both are kicking out heat and working perfectly.

garylehr

quality posts: 5 Private Messages garylehr

I got the VTH model during a previous woot. The little guy throws off a lot of heat and circulates it nicely through the whole (small) room. It kept me nice and toasty while our boiler was knocked out for 3 weeks due to Sandy, no issues with it at all. If I needed it, I would get another one with no hesitation.

hpoulter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hpoulter
birry wrote:How much do you pay per kWh? Check your utility bill to find out.

Take your price per kWh and multiply it by 1.5. That will tell you how much it costs to operate this heater on high for one hour.

It's about 12 cents /kwh national average right now. So it would cost 18 cents/hour, or about $1.44 for each 8-hour period.

BubbRubb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BubbRubb

Bought the very same model from WOOT! a few months ago. Used it a few times and noticed the plug end heat up dramatically. It melted the cord and screwed mu outlet. Still waiting (3 weeks) for Vornado to send me a return sticker.

jefsmom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jefsmom

Anyone know if this blows circuit breakers? We have a small space heater but can't use it where we need to because it blows a fuse.

truebadger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages truebadger

I don't mind them selling more than one item like they used to, but I do miss them having actual "deals". Everything seems like its the same price as Costco or Walmart now which means its usually cheaper on Amazon. I do miss the old days or wooting.

adamant628

quality posts: 8 Private Messages adamant628
jefsmom wrote:Anyone know if this blows circuit breakers? We have a small space heater but can't use it where we need to because it blows a fuse.

This will pull 12.5A on high (1500W). If you have much else plugged in on that circuit, you could have issues if you have only 15A circuits (typical).

thievedrelic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thievedrelic
jefsmom wrote:Anyone know if this blows circuit breakers? We have a small space heater but can't use it where we need to because it blows a fuse.

Jefs -

I bought one of the smaller units woot was selling a month ago or so, and it did overload one of my circuits in the house. It was a relatively well-used fuse though (tv, stereo, etc, simultaneously). I haven't had a problem with it by itself on other breakers in the house.

Raymond42c

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Raymond42c

We have used this in both our decent size basement and in our 12 foot pop up camper.

In the basement is is great because I can set it right by my chair and not get too warm while it still heats up the room enough for my wife working at her desk all the way across the room.

In the camper, on a nice crisp spring night, it completely heated it up. This is a pop up with canvas sides and a LOT of drafty little spots.

I give it all the thumbs up!

Woot:
3/28/2008 Acer Aspire
10/20/2008 Bluetooth Headset
12/1/2010 Bundle of Crops!!!
12/1/2010 Screaming Monkey