WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Spira Athletic Shoes: Kickass Kicks

It’s called the human race for a reason; inevitably, you’re going to have to run. Could be escaping a masked chainsaw enthusiast, stopping your lost love from boarding that flight, or just getting less chubsy. Ditch the killer, get the girl, and look good doing it. That’s how you win the human race. And these shoes will help.
Spira official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Tell us about these shoes! How do they fit? Any thoughts on the Wavewalkers? I did a lot of walking this weekend and wouldn't mind a snazzy black pair...

I'm just hanging out, really.

El Marko

quality posts: 7 Private Messages El Marko

Honestly, never heard of this brand and I'm a lifelong runner.

Sure are a lot of shoes showing up on Woot. How long until a Shoe.Woot? Or a Feets.Woot?

njkatz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages njkatz

I'm tempted by the WaveWalkers. I have terrible knees and the reviewers on Zappo seemed to like them for people with messed up joints.

Nick

kle11az

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kle11az

So will these shoes fit if you normally wear a wide shoe, or not?

"Accommodates broader forefoot and higher instep; yet a narrow heel to reduce slippage"

It's almost like they're half-wide, which may not work for feet that are regular-wide.

RHaas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RHaas

Who in their right mind would buy no-name shoes online without a return policy?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

RHaas wrote:Who in their right mind would buy no-name shoes online without a return policy?

You mean our 90-Day Woot Limited Warranty Policy?

Loki009

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Loki009
ROGETRAY wrote:You mean our 90-Day Woot Limited Warranty Policy?

No offense, but I think this is a bit misleading of a reply. The poster seems to have been talking about getting the shoes and finding out that they suck (thus the statement of no returns)

The woot warranty only covers malfunction or defects, unless I am mistaken this doesn't cover if they don't fit well or just are a crappy design.

I can see how your reply (especially coming from a woot staff member) can be mistaken as implying that there is a return policy in effect for someone who is not satisfied with the purchase of these shoes after they receive them. Again unless I am mistaken this is not the case.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

Loki009 wrote:No offense, but I think this is a bit misleading of a reply. The poster seems to have been talking about getting the shoes and finding out that they suck (thus the statement of no returns)

The woot warranty only covers malfunction or defects, unless I am mistaken this doesn't cover if they don't fit well or just are a crappy design.

I can see how your reply (especially coming from a woot staff member) can be mistaken as implying that there is a return policy in effect for someone who is not satisfied with the purchase of these shoes after they receive them. Again unless I am mistaken this is not the case.

Sorry for not being more explicit. Usually in instances where Members are "upset" with their purchase, we recommend that they contact the manufacturer and if that proves unsuccessful they're more than welcome to contact Member Services or use the Support Tab to have any questions or concerns answered.

We can see however, that with personal products (i.e shirts, clothing, shoes, etc..) there could be some possible discrepancies with size and fit. We always want our Members to be content and happy with their purchases/orders and Member Services is always eager to assist and accept emails concerning issues with size.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

njkatz

ROGETRAY wrote:Sorry for not being more explicit. Usually in instances where Members are "upset" with their purchase, we recommend that they contact the manufacturer and if that proves unsuccessful they're more than welcome to contact Member Services or use the Support Tab to have any questions or concerns answered.

We can see however, that with personal products (i.e shirts, clothing, shoes, etc..) there could be some possible discrepancies with size and fit. We always want our Members to be content and happy with their purchases/orders and Member Services is always eager to assist and accept emails concerning issues with size.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

So does this mean if I get them and they don't fit I can return them? Or just that you will let me complain about it?

Nick

rocketdoctor

quality posts: 7 Private Messages rocketdoctor
njkatz wrote:So does this mean if I get them and they don't fit I can return them? Or just that you will let me complain about it?

just what they said they will accept your email, doesn't mean they will read, reply , refund . etc... I wouldn't put alot on woot support I wrote to them one time and never got a response.

Woot is great but I wouldn't buy anything if there is any question you might want to return something.

lwang

quality posts: 32 Private Messages lwang

what is this brand? Is it like the Kangaroos/Roos brand?

gina3graces

quality posts: 38 Private Messages gina3graces

Thanks Woot for including the Spira website link. I went and studied the site at length and feel this company is a great new personal discovery that you've turned me on to.

In for 3 pair.

Love the Spira company history and how they came to be; the testimonials were also helpful. Woot prices on the shoes are much better than what is offered directly on the Spira site.

PLEASE NOTE TO ALL PROSPECTIVE INTERESTED PERSONS: Spira provides a shoe chart that tells you how to order your correct size from what you might ordinarily expect to order. ORDER AT LEAST A HALF SIZE LARGER.

I can't wait to get these and jump around, jump around.

jjmauro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjmauro
gina3graces wrote:Thanks Woot for including the Spira website link. I went and studied the site at length and feel this company is a great new personal discovery that you've turned me on to.

In for 3 pair.

Love the Spira company history and how they came to be; the testimonials were also helpful. Woot prices on the shoes are much better than what is offered directly on the Spira site.

PLEASE NOTE TO ALL PROSPECTIVE INTERESTED PERSONS: Spira provides a shoe chart that tells you how to order your correct size from what you might ordinarily expect to order. ORDER AT LEAST A HALF SIZE LARGER.

I can't wait to get these and jump around, jump around.

I thought on the website they said to order a half size.SMALLER?.?

jjmauro

If the size doesn't fit can I exchanges them??
Just give me a straight answer please

nccatbert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nccatbert

I wonder why we can't order these in wide widths. I'd be in for several pair. They are available in wide and extra wide. Guess I'll have to order from the Spira site.

jjmauro

ROGETRAY wrote:Sorry for not being more explicit. Usually in instances where Members are "upset" with their purchase, we recommend that they contact the manufacturer and if that proves unsuccessful they're more than welcome to contact Member Services or use the Support Tab to have any questions or concerns answered.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

Yes or no can I exchange if shoes don't fit?

woottoady

quality posts: 33 Private Messages woottoady
jjmauro wrote:Yes or no can I exchange if shoes don't fit?

[crickets]

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jjmauro wrote:If the size doesn't fit can I exchanges them??
Just give me a straight answer please

Per our FAQ, we accept returns for defective product only.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

njkatz

ThunderThighs wrote:Per our FAQ, we accept returns for defective product only.

So all that stuff in the previous posts about wanting to keep customers happy is just talk. Nice.
Thanks for clearing that up (I said with heavy sarcasm).

Nick

aott

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aott

Can also get these for the same price and free shipping from Heartland America with 100% satisfaction guarantee for any reason . They also say to order a half size smaller if you order the WIDE.

EvilE1174

quality posts: 8 Private Messages EvilE1174

I own a pair of the Odyssey Spira's. Most comfortable shoes I have ever worn! They are true to size, and are quite durable. I have worn em for well over a year now, and they are still awesome! Im on my feet all day every day, and have no feet pain or fatigue with these! Glad to see they have the odyssey in orange now! In for one! GREAT price for these shoes btw!!!

njkatz

EvilE1174 wrote:I own a pair of the Odyssey Spira's. Most comfortable shoes I have ever worn! They are true to size, and are quite durable. I have worn em for well over a year now, and they are still awesome! Im on my feet all day every day, and have no feet pain or fatigue with these! Glad to see they have the odyssey in orange now! In for one! GREAT price for these shoes btw!!!

I ordered a pair of the Odysseys despite my concerns about buying shoes from Woot. I ordered a half size larger though, as directed in the Specs section of the Woot page. I'm hoping they will fit. I'd hate to get stuck with shoes I can't wear and will always feel some degree of bitterness toward Woot.

Nick

byrampradeep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages byrampradeep
jjmauro wrote:I thought on the website they said to order a half size.SMALLER?.?

Live chat

Yes, our running shoes run a little small, I usually suggest going up a half size larger so if you normally wear size 9.5 then order a size 10. Now if you normally wear a 9.5 in running shoes only, and have already converted up, I would stick to size 9.5.
xx says:
so, 9.5 in other running shoe brands would be same in spira shoe
xx says:
I usually wear saucony
Judy says:
Well I am not sure how our sizing compares to Saucony but I do know that our sizing in the running shoes run similar to Nike and New Balance.

spiraguy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages spiraguy

Hi.

This is Andy. I am the CEO at Spira. To clarify, the running shoes tend to run a 1/2 small and the walking shoes a half size big. So we recommend sizing up in the running and sizing down in walking.

Grateful for everyone's support. We're amazed at how well the product has been received on Woot.

Thanks again!

byrampradeep wrote:Live chat

Yes, our running shoes run a little small, I usually suggest going up a half size larger so if you normally wear size 9.5 then order a size 10. Now if you normally wear a 9.5 in running shoes only, and have already converted up, I would stick to size 9.5.
xx says:
so, 9.5 in other running shoe brands would be same in spira shoe
xx says:
I usually wear saucony
Judy says:
Well I am not sure how our sizing compares to Saucony but I do know that our sizing in the running shoes run similar to Nike and New Balance.

nwagner56

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nwagner56

I am a long time Woot! customer and have always received great service from them regarding email communication for orders. I have cancelled orders, changed quantities/sizes and have had shipping issues resolved. I also had some defective headphones replaced by the manufacturer once.

No, you aren't going to get the free return/exchange service you may get from other retail outlets.

I understand that is the reason I am saving a significant amount of money instead and I have been willing to take the risk.

I just wanted to note that I personally have always had my email communications to Woot! returned.

lovingwootinva

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lovingwootinva

Question for Woot/SpiraGuy:

Are these the Medium Widths or the Wide Width versions? Because the main product title doesn't say, yet the description as another commenter noticed says they are wider.

spiraguy

While we have widths in most of these styles, all that is available through Woot are medium widths. The Walking lasts are quite generous.

Thanks!

lovingwootinva wrote:Question for Woot/SpiraGuy:

Are these the Medium Widths or the Wide Width versions? Because the main product title doesn't say, yet the description as another commenter noticed says they are wider.

pilotnh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pilotnh

So basically, we're guessing at what size to get from a company that won't take returns on a wrong size?

Perhaps this is not the right venue for your shoes? Amazon sells them for $5 to $10 more but will take returns. Think of it as an insurance policy against sneakers that will become a paper weight if they don't fit.

spiraguy wrote:Hi.

This is Andy. I am the CEO at Spira. To clarify, the running shoes tend to run a 1/2 small and the walking shoes a half size big. So we recommend sizing up in the running and sizing down in walking.

Grateful for everyone's support. We're amazed at how well the product has been received on Woot.

Thanks again!

spiraguy

This is Woot's policy, not ours. If you purchase from us directly, we accept returns and exchanges. Of course, you'll pay more. The pricing at Woot is half price or less. If you know our product, it's a great deal and no risk. If you're new to the brand, it's a risk. If you're not sure, don't buy. No one is holding a gun to your head.

Andy

pilotnh wrote:So basically, we're guessing at what size to get from a company that won't take returns on a wrong size?

Perhaps this is not the right venue for your shoes? Amazon sells them for $5 to $10 more but will take returns. Think of it as an insurance policy against sneakers that will become a paper weight if they don't fit.

gina3graces

quality posts: 38 Private Messages gina3graces

3 pair of Spira arrived and everyone loved their pair. The interior of the shoes are especially soft and dreamy with no seam work to scratch your foot. These shoes look awesome. The shoe boxes they arrived in were super high quality and BEAUTIFUL.

THANK YOU AGAIN WOOT FOR TURNING US ON TO NEW AND OUTSTANDING QUALITY VENDORS!