WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Apple (Devices That Will Require Power) Jacks

Did you know Johnny Appleseed was motivated less by an innocent infatuation with fruit and more by an alcohol-fueled scheme to sell cider? It's true! In that regard, we're pretty much exactly like him.
Apple official site

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

What's on your iList this holiday? (No haters, please.)

I'm just hanging out, really.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

No offense, but I'd rather get a refurb direct from Apple

Because of this:
"Apple Certified Refurbished
We test and certify all Apple refurbished products and include a 1-year warranty.
All refurbished iPad models also include a brand new battery and outer shell.

move along

nzahn1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nzahn1
j5 wrote:No offense, but I'd rather get a refurb direct from Apple

Because of this:
"Apple Certified Refurbished
We test and certify all Apple refurbished products and include a 1-year warranty.
All refurbished iPad models also include a brand new battery and outer shell.

I would concur, especially since the offical apple refurb is cheaper.

Ryan8175

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ryan8175
nzahn1 wrote:I would concur, especially since the offical apple refurb is cheaper.

Apple charges tax. So the only up side is the warranty

Homercles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Homercles

It's shocking how many people will buy a previously broken or defective electronic device simply because it is an Apple.

mdfiasco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdfiasco

the refurb iPod touch I got from Woot was beat to heck, dents and ill-fitting seams...failwoot.com

DSimmon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DSimmon

I was under the impression there was no such thing as a 8GB 3rd Gen, they were actually 2nd Gen devices that were sold still when the 3rd Gen devices came out.

I have what was marketted as a 3rd Gen 8GB, but it's really 2nd Gen hardware, and stuck at iOS 4.2.1, where most apps require 4.3 to install (even the Chrome browser).

jumbobob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jumbobob
DSimmon wrote:I was under the impression there was no such thing as a 8GB 3rd Gen, they were actually 2nd Gen devices that were sold still when the 3rd Gen devices came out.

I have what was marketted as a 3rd Gen 8GB, but it's really 2nd Gen hardware, and stuck at iOS 4.2.1, where most apps require 4.3 to install (even the Chrome browser).

You're right. If you look here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1353#iPod_touch_late2009 you will see where they explain the difference between a 3rd generation and a 2nd generation iPod touch. There is no such thing as an 8GB 3rd Generation iPod touch.