Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
kmeltzer wrote:Slowest. Woot-off. Ever.

;_; Tell me 'bout it. I missed out on the real one this month.

msujp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages msujp

Cash grab = Epic Fail

Moueska

Ooo... Mods, can you change "Epic Fail" to "Party Foul" in the filters?

(WIN!)

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

Moueska wrote:Ooo... Mods, can you change "Epic Fail" to "Party Foul" in the filters?

(WIN!)

maybe? ;)

Moueska

ROGETRAY wrote:maybe? ;)

C'mooooooooooooooon, Rogetray. You know you want to. XD

schtum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schtum
StanleyS wrote:Complete and utter reading comprehension fail. If Sony thought that Coby was stealing sales from them because of the "similarity" in names, Coby would have been sued out of existence long ago.

The name might be a coincidence, but the font sure as hell isn't. There is no question that they trade on brand confusion. If they haven't been sued for it (and I don't know that they haven't), they must be on the margins of what's legal and/or Sony doesn't want to give them the free advertising.

StanleyS

quality posts: 4 Private Messages StanleyS
schtum wrote:The name might be a coincidence, but the font sure as hell isn't. There is no question that they trade on brand confusion. If they haven't been sued for it (and I don't know that they haven't), they must be on the margins of what's legal and/or Sony doesn't want to give them the free advertising.

The Wikipedia page on Coby also notes that "The logo style looks similar to the serif font used in the Sony Logo." It doesn't mention any Sony/Coby lawsuits, so I'm guessing there haven't been any.
Seriously, anyone who buys a Coby thinking they were getting a Sony probably deserves it.

swarmer

quality posts: 4 Private Messages swarmer

You guys do see that it clearly says 2 hours remaining when you hit "I want one", right? That means it will go until 12 AM (Woot time) unless it magically sells out.

It tells you the time for each product I don't know why you are complaining about it being slow it is written right there. You should be lucky you get more than one at all since it isn't really a wootoff!

That being said, buy three!

AH YEAH BOIYEEEEEE

smeggywulff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smeggywulff

Need an expensive-ish gift for someone you hate? Get this, it's perfect.

I used to work at a big box store where a lot of Coby products were sold. Let me tell you, I never actually had a happy customer.

Exchange after exchange, refund after refund. It was terrible. LCD tv's, portable DVD players, MP3 players, MP4 players, projectors, time after time there were nothing but failures. When we set up a display TV in the store it took us THREE TVs before we got one that worked.

If you get a Coby that works, count yourself lucky. This is the equivalent of winning a small lottery. Do yourself a favor, if you need to save money grab yourself a Visio or a Spectre instead.

msujp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages msujp
swarmer wrote:You guys do see that it clearly says 2 hours remaining when you hit "I want one", right? That means it will go until 12 AM (Woot time) unless it magically sells out.

It tells you the time for each product I don't know why you are complaining about it being slow it is written right there. You should be lucky you get more than one at all since it isn't really a wootoff!

geez, kiss some more butt, its not about slow items its about a "cash grab". Not one good deal this week

rajuorbhikhu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rajuorbhikhu
swarmer wrote:You guys do see that it clearly says 2 hours remaining when you hit "I want one", right? That means it will go until 12 AM (Woot time) unless it magically sells out.

Are you looking for a quality post? They tend to look for those early on.....

rajuorbhikhu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rajuorbhikhu
msujp wrote:geez, kiss some more butt, its not about slow items its about a "cash grab". Not one good deal this week

Agreed, I'm saving to much money....bring it on moof¡

swarmer

quality posts: 4 Private Messages swarmer
msujp wrote:geez, kiss some more butt, its not about slow items its about a "cash grab". Not one good deal this week

"Slowest. Woot-off. Ever."

"this is what happens when they dont call a woot off a woot off"

"We are talking real Slooooooooooooooooooooooooooow...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

"I take it this "cash grab" is just a slow-ass woot off without the hope of Big ol' Cornucopia"

Yeah... You're right... Not about slow items.... Where would I get that idea from?

AH YEAH BOIYEEEEEE

Figit090

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Figit090
hurd05 wrote:I'm looking for a 179 degree viewing angle, so I'm gonna pass.

Well I'm looking for 179.9 degrees so I'll definitely pass, too.

Moueska

It tells you the time for each product I don't know why you are complaining about it being slow it is written right there.

EXACTLY. It's the exact same time for every item across the woot sites (Home, Tech, Sport, etc) - so why would we even be annoyed by the potential hope that something new would pop up?

BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE ANY REAL PUSH TO BUY. We don't know how many are left, we've no idea if/when these will go away, and then if the "cash grab" is over at midnight, the response will be: "What were we waiting around on Woot for, again?"

renatus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages renatus

yes the 120hz + is very much ridiculous hype. if you really want to turn your cinema movies into soap opera style viewing that all looks like 60 FPS video go for it : you win! 120 + is only good for sports or games but if you watch any other kind of cinema or dramatic type of content it is all intended to look like 24 frames per second and any of these "smoothing" effects kills it and makes it all look very fakey and cheesy. If you like to read lots of marketing stuff and tech specs without knowing what it really is than more power to you.

mm20

quality posts: 33 Private Messages mm20

Coby doesn't make a product I would use if it was given to me- I know this because I actually own a Coby product that was given to me that I refuse to use- because it's junk.

The 12 days of crap was just that- crap.

It's funny how when Woot! calls their stuff crap, it's ok, but when *YOU* call it crap, *poof* you get banned. Hypocrites.