WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Vacuums: Better Than Robots

Hey, robot helpers are grand indeed! But they're also the next phase of life. And life always finds a way… to win. A quality vacuum, on the other hand, has never gone mad, never turn on its designer, and is kinda fun to push around. Robots, of course, will never let you push them around. NEVER.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Did you miss Black Friday? Cyber Monday? The entire week before? Clean up with a Dyson!

Owners, convince the stragglers which model they need.

I'm just hanging out, really.

goodluckpete

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goodluckpete

Found a much better deal on the grooming tool with three extra items for almost 20 dollars less.

http://www.amazon.com/Dyson-Groom-Tool-Clean-Kit/dp/B005MAR8RG

Also, I got the DC-41 on black friday, its amazing.

SloS13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SloS13

If I had dust mites, personally I would be less inclined to get a special vacuum attachment and more inclined to take a bath in bleach.

spacezorro

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spacezorro

http://www.amazon.com/Dyson-Asthma-Allergy-Kit/dp/B002OHMPYG

41$ on amazon...

oaksw12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oaksw12

Anyone got the Dyson DC31 Handheld? Thoughts?

hal2814

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hal2814

I have been waiting for this day since I saw the first roomba (Many, Many times now) on Woot years ago. I have endured cat pictures, mac compatible questions, and under water usages. I have price checked and read a ton of reviews on each Dyson that has since been on the site. I am FINALLY buying the one I want at a FANTASTIC price. Come to Momma my new-to-me Dyson DC33 Multi Floor Vacuum. Oh how I cannot wait for you to suck the dirt from my living room rug, to feel your power in my hands as I use the wand to clean the bugs from below the windows, to have your HEPA filter keep my air free of allergens. Oh Dyson, you are my dream come true!

lwang

quality posts: 30 Private Messages lwang

when will the dc39 be coming out? after the features introduced with that model, the dc24 doesn't seem so attractive anymore...except for the 10" wide head.

Woot Tang Clan

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Woot Tang Clan

Does the DC31 Animal come with an long reach extension? Like to buy it for sucking up insects and spiders.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 505 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Woot Tang Clan wrote:Does the DC31 Animal come with an long reach extension? Like to buy it for sucking up insects and spiders.

No. It's the DC35 Floor version that has the extension.

ram031961

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ram031961

My wife always tells me she wants a Dyson. She doesn't know why, she just wants one. I suppose its to keep up with the Joneses. You have to ask yourself though, WOOT and many other sites are selling refurbished Dyson products so doesn't that tell you something about the quality of their products? Makes me wonder...you should too. In 30+ years of owning vacuums I have never had to take return a Hoover or Eureka after purchase.

mbasilepa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mbasilepa

This just sucks..

pccircuits

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pccircuits
goodluckpete wrote:Found a much better deal on the grooming tool with three extra items for almost 20 dollars less.

http://www.amazon.com/Dyson-Groom-Tool-Clean-Kit/dp/B005MAR8RG

Also, I got the DC-41 on black friday, its amazing.

I think I found the same deal, always nice to search before wooting... too often I see a better deal afterwards.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005MAR8RG/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

mhodges

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mhodges
oaksw12 wrote:Anyone got the Dyson DC31 Handheld? Thoughts?

Yea. Avoid it.

Bought one at retail, and took it back the next day. The 6 to 10 minutes quoted for battery life is pretty accurate, which means it doesn't work long enough to do anything meaningful. It also doesn't work plugged in.

Also, I didn't think the suction was anything to write home about. The Hoover handvac I replaced it with cost about a 10th as much, has a battery life of 20 to 30 minutes, and has a powered beater attachment that works great on stairs. Sorry, don't have the model number.

philosopherott

quality posts: 2 Private Messages philosopherott

$51 for me (almost 20 hours later)

spacezorro wrote:http://www.amazon.com/Dyson-Asthma-Allergy-Kit/dp/B002OHMPYG

41$ on amazon...

Also DC35 for $189.99 @ http://deals.woot.com/deals/details/67701419-2747-4f22-96ae-796a08fb16f2/dyson-dc35-multi-floor-vacuum-refurbished

philosopherott

IMHO I love my dyson and becasue it is a "high performance" vacuum it needs more maintaience, like a porche or other high end car. I would bet that people who's break don't ever wash there filters never mind every three months.

ram031961 wrote:My wife always tells me she wants a Dyson. She doesn't know why, she just wants one. I suppose its to keep up with the Joneses. You have to ask yourself though, WOOT and many other sites are selling refurbished Dyson products so doesn't that tell you something about the quality of their products? Makes me wonder...you should too. In 30+ years of owning vacuums I have never had to take return a Hoover or Eureka after purchase.

farcedude

quality posts: 1 Private Messages farcedude

So, I'm trying to decide between the DC25 and the DC41 here. Any reasons to spend the extra $50 on the DC41? I live in a medium sized apartment, so 'reach' isn't really an issue.

ThunderThighs

Staff

farcedude wrote:So, I'm trying to decide between the DC25 and the DC41 here. Any reasons to spend the extra $50 on the DC41? I live in a medium sized apartment, so 'reach' isn't really an issue.

The DC41 has more sucky power (235AW vs 220AW). It also has a bigger bin for all the dirty stuff (.55 gallons vs .31).

For an apartment, you're probably fine with the DC25. If you plan to move some place bigger in the next couple years, why have to get a new vacuum. I'm still using my DC7 vacuum.

That's just my personal input.

soundbyte24

quality posts: 1 Private Messages soundbyte24

Snagged a limited-edition red DC24 last week. It's not as big as the DC25 but for $260 and five years of repairs or replacements, it's fantastic.

The vacuum itself is incredible, the best that I've ever used. I've used it twice now but it's simple and quick to clean my entire bedroom or living room.

Now it's hard to think of investing in a refurbished DC25 without the five years for just $10 less.

eimhin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eimhin

Overstock has the DC35 refurb for $189 & Free S&H. Their warranty extension is 2 years, rather than SquareTrade's 1, for somewhat less. Don't know personally how good their service is, warrantywise.

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Dyson-DC35-Multi-Floor-Vacuum-Refurbished/7183790/product.html

sdownin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages sdownin

I just bought a DC39 Animal (the current gen canister model) on Dyson's 25% off Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale. I just got it on Monday, and haven't really had much chance to test it out yet. Of course, seeing the DC41 selling here for $75 less than I paid for the DC39, I'm halfway reconsidering my purchase. lol

I was seriously contemplating getting the Allergy toolkit, but I swear I remember Woot! offering the accessories cheaper in previous offers.

I'd also love to see Woot! put Dyson's Hard Floor tool on sale, too.

philosopherott

I agree i thought I saw it cheeper b4.

sdownin wrote:I just bought a DC39 Animal (the current gen canister model) on Dyson's 25% off Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale. I just got it on Monday, and haven't really had much chance to test it out yet. Of course, seeing the DC41 selling here for $75 less than I paid for the DC39, I'm halfway reconsidering my purchase. lol

I was seriously contemplating getting the Allergy toolkit, but I swear I remember Woot! offering the accessories cheaper in previous offers.

I'd also love to see Woot! put Dyson's Hard Floor tool on sale, too.

Woot Tang Clan

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Woot Tang Clan

Is there an extension that I could attach or buy for the DC-31? I dint need a motorized head because I'm using it for sucking up bugs only.

cfitzwilliams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfitzwilliams

Finally in for a DC41. Checked my email and it is scheduled for early delivery today. Can't wait to get home from work and vacuum!!! Wait... what??? What's happened to me?! I used to be cool, man.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
cfitzwilliams wrote:Finally in for a DC41. Checked my email and it is scheduled for early delivery today. Can't wait to get home from work and vacuum!!! Wait... what??? What's happened to me?! I used to be cool, man.

It's a Dyson. You get those cool points back.

I'm just hanging out, really.

Mylittledarlings

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mylittledarlings

I've been so skeptical... but am going for the dc41. Time to ditch this old bissell and step-up in the vac world. Hope it's as good as everyone says... with 6 kids and multiple pets I need a really sucky vacuum!

boscoj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boscoj

anyone worry about only 6 month warranty?

kendallk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kendallk

a few questions here: is the DC41 offered here the same as the DC41 animal? or are they somehow different? also, does this one come with a mini turbine head? thanks

boscoj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boscoj
boscoj wrote:anyone worry about only 6 month warranty?

don't matter , got DC41 with warranty anyway

sdownin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages sdownin
kendallk wrote:a few questions here: is the DC41 offered here the same as the DC41 animal? or are they somehow different? also, does this one come with a mini turbine head? thanks

As best I can tell from the Dyson website, the DC41 pictured is the dark purple "Animal" vacuum.

For the current generation of Dyson uprights, they have three models:
-DC40 Multi-Floor (orange)
-DC41 Animal (purple)
-DC41 Animal Complete (magenta)

From all appearances, they are the same vacuum, just with a different set of tools included in the package.

All models come with the stair tool and the combination crevice/brush tool. In addition to those:

The DC40 Multi-Floor (orange) has no additional tools with it.

The DC41 Animal (purple) has the mini-turbine head tool for cleaning tight spaces, upholstery, and car interiors.

The DC41 Animal Complete (magenta) has the tangle-free turbine head tool (this is different from the DC41 Animal's mini-turbine head tool. That one has a beater bar, this one has two flat circular counter-rotating brush heads), the soft dusting brush, the multi-angle brush, the stiff bristle brush, and a bag of Dyson's Zorb(tm) carpet maintenance powder.

The soft dusting brush, multi-angle brush, and stiff bristle brush are also sold together as the "Dyson Home Cleaning Kit" MSRP $64.99

http://www.amazon.com/Dyson-Home-Cleaning-Kit/dp/B002OHKLJW/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1354225918&sr=1-1&keywords=Dyson+Home+Cleaning+Kit

Mylittledarlings

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mylittledarlings

It is my understanding that this DC41 does NOT have the hand held turbine cleaning attachment.

ThunderThighs

Staff

In reviewing this sale for the DC35, it appears we made an error on the price. If you purchased the DC35 from this event, you should be hearing from Customer Service in the next couple days.