toriimarie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toriimarie

So I just created my Woot! account a week ago after receiving an email from Amazon about it. After some quick browsing I decided to get the app and I was instantly addicted! I mean, how could I not be? My phone was alerting me to new deals every so many minutes all day (November 20th)! I even got my mom into it and she got the app and even made some purchases.

That being said, ever since I've been completely unimpressed. I get that it's only supposed to be a 24 hour deal or until it sells out, but ever since the first day I was on here it's been essentially the same boring item I have no need for on woot, tech, home, sport, kids, all of em! I miss the excitement of not knowing what will come next and racing to buy something. Now I don't even want to bother checking the site because it'll probably just be another high priced electronic I have no need for.

I mean, how can you go from having so many things one day, to hardly anything at all? How is that decided?

lichme

quality posts: 2838 Private Messages lichme
toriimarie wrote:So I just created my Woot! account a week ago after receiving an email from Amazon about it. After some quick browsing I decided to get the app and I was instantly addicted! I mean, how could I not be? My phone was alerting me to new deals every so many minutes all day (November 20th)! I even got my mom into it and she got the app and even made some purchases.

That being said, ever since I've been completely unimpressed. I get that it's only supposed to be a 24 hour deal or until it sells out, but ever since the first day I was on here it's been essentially the same boring item I have no need for on woot, tech, home, sport, kids, all of em! I miss the excitement of not knowing what will come next and racing to buy something. Now I don't even want to bother checking the site because it'll probably just be another high priced electronic I have no need for.

I mean, how can you go from having so many things one day, to hardly anything at all? How is that decided?

You must have joined during a woot-off, which happens around once a month. They happen randomly. Now if you had joined a few years ago, you might have seen interesting stuff every day, but if you ask most people, they will tell you the days of finding random gems are over.

toriimarie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toriimarie
lichme wrote:You must have joined during a woot-off, which happens around once a month. They happen randomly. Now if you had joined a few years ago, you might have seen interesting stuff every day, but if you ask most people, they will tell you the days of finding random gems are over.

Aww that's disappointing. Actually now that you mention it, I do remember reading something about a woot off and there were little flashing yellow lights going crazy on every page! Thanks so much for the insight

mattmcdermott

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattmcdermott

Woot used to sell a different, typically interesting piece of crap every day, then Amazon bought them, and now Woot pushes the same, repetitive boring crap every day. I'm tired of seeing what's become an endless stream of camera security systems, expensive refurbished laptops and vacuum cleaners. Woot has essentially become a dumping ground of Amazon returns.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mattmcdermott wrote:Woot used to sell a different, typically interesting piece of crap every day, then Amazon bought them, and now Woot pushes the same, repetitive boring crap every day. I'm tired of seeing what's become an endless stream of camera security systems, expensive refurbished laptops and vacuum cleaners. Woot has essentially become a dumping ground of Amazon returns.

Sorry, but not true. We do not take Amazon returns. We are an independent subsidiary. We have our own group of buyers that purchase these repetitive items.

And we've always had repetitive items. Remember the tablets a couple years ago?

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

thumperchick

quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick
ThunderThighs wrote:And we've always had repetitive items. Remember the tablets a couple years ago?

I remember the earphones and roomba woot-off... it was my first. Earphones everywhere, it was pandemonium.