WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Pretend It's Summer With Native Sunglasses

Oh the weather outside is frightful, but the illusion of summer brought on by wearing sunglasses is so delightful. So take your self-delusion to the next level by protecting your eyeballs against the scourge of a wholly imaginary sun with these Native Sunglasses.

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Tell us about this brand! Tried them? Liked them? Let us know.

I'm just hanging out, really.

countdown

quality posts: 14 Private Messages countdown

Are these "Ladies" or unisex (I am looking at the Lodo)? Not that it really matters, as long as I look good in them, but often you can infer more about how they will look if you know the gender they were designed for. Also helps ensure they will fit on my big head.

My car recently had its passenger window smashed and broken into. The only thing they took were my ray-bans. So these would make a nice affordable replacement.

I know woot occasionally even gets ray-bans, but I can't afford full-on ray-bans right now and they rarely seem to have polarized aviators, which is what I had. I need polarization (tried it, loved it, can't go back), so I am looking at these. Can anyone offer an opinion, about either the styling or quality?

rowergirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rowergirl

I've had two different pairs of Native sunglasses and have been quite happy with them. They've held up well and seem to have good quality lenses. I haven't owned other high-end sunglasses, so I can't compare to Raybans, Oakleys, etc, but they're miles ahead of my Walmart polarized specials). I also had a good experience with the warranty - after 2.5 years of frequent use, one pair cracked at the hinge when I sat on them at an amusement park. There was about a $30 fee (which is nothing compared to buying a new pair of $100 glasses) to send them in under warranty, and I ended up with a brand new pair of glasses within a few weeks, no questions asked.

The ones woot's offering isn't my preferred sunglasses style, but I'm strongly considering them due to the price & quality.

newfiepage

quality posts: 43 Private Messages newfiepage

Staff

countdown wrote:Are these "Ladies" or unisex (I am looking at the Lodo)? Not that it really matters, as long as I look good in them, but often you can infer more about how they will look if you know the gender they were designed for. Also helps ensure they will fit on my big head.

My car recently had its passenger window smashed and broken into. The only thing they took were my ray-bans. So these would make a nice affordable replacement.

I know woot occasionally even gets ray-bans, but I can't afford full-on ray-bans right now and they rarely seem to have polarized aviators, which is what I had. I need polarization (tried it, loved it, can't go back), so I am looking at these. Can anyone offer an opinion, about either the styling or quality?

These styles are all unisex. The Lodo is for medium size faces. I've got a big noggin, but can wear all the listed styles with no problem.

countdown

rowergirl wrote:I've had two different pairs of Native sunglasses and have been quite happy with them. They've held up well and seem to have good quality lenses. I haven't owned other high-end sunglasses, so I can't compare to Raybans, Oakleys, etc, but they're miles ahead of my Walmart polarized specials). I also had a good experience with the warranty

newfiepage wrote:These styles are all unisex. The Lodo is for medium size faces. I've got a big noggin, but can wear all the listed styles with no problem.

Thank you both, this is exactly the info I was hoping to gather. I'm sold. At $30, its not the biggest risk I've ever taken anyway.

fluffyreeves

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fluffyreeves
countdown wrote:Thank you both, this is exactly the info I was hoping to gather. I'm sold. At $30, its not the biggest risk I've ever taken anyway.

I have purchased four pairs of Native sunglasses on this site. The kind I got were slightly more expensive (I think I paid about $80). I adore them. I have paid up to $500 of sunglasses (Rayban, Oakley, Revo, Versace), and these are comparable. They are well made, scratch resistant, and I liked the polarization. It’s important to me as I wear them on a boat. I can see into the water better with the polarization than with the naked eye. I have also purchased cheap sunglasses with bad polarization, and it’s a night and day difference.

Now, I cannot vouch for the quality of this line of Native, but for $30 bucks, you can’t really go wrong.

cannibalaj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cannibalaj

I bought a set of the Gonzos over a year ago. I typically destroy sun glasses, but these have held up exceptionally! Not to mention they have a very good replacement plan if you do happen to damage them, unlike most other brands. They came with a boss case and strap and the lenses and nose piece are replaceable!

~"I thought this was an Owl Fan Club site..."

pitamuffin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages pitamuffin

So I take it the Gonzo's are not polarized? Or am I being dim and just not reading well?

I may have to get a pair of these for my husband. This bit of the description is what is selling it for me:

"Anti-Ocular Intrusion System®, a 4-point configuration, helps prevent lenses from shooting into your face in the event of high-velocity impact"

My husband broke his last pair of sunglasses when coaching Little League baseball and a thrown ball hit him in the face. Seriously.

rogue603

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rogue603
pitamuffin wrote:So I take it the Gonzo's are not polarized? Or am I being dim and just not reading well?

I may have to get a pair of these for my husband. This bit of the description is what is selling it for me:

"Anti-Ocular Intrusion System®, a 4-point configuration, helps prevent lenses from shooting into your face in the event of high-velocity impact"

My husband broke his last pair of sunglasses when coaching Little League baseball and a thrown ball hit him in the face. Seriously.

I know all of the Native Eyewear are polarized.I think they just missed it on the description.

dkalecki

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dkalecki
newfiepage wrote:These styles are all unisex. The Lodo is for medium size faces. I've got a big noggin, but can wear all the listed styles with no problem.

So is a "medium face" larger or smaller than the average face? Would Lodo be bigger or smaller than the "non Lodo"?

rogue603

dkalecki wrote:So is a "medium face" larger or smaller than the average face? Would Lodo be bigger or smaller than the "non Lodo"?

A medium face would be the average sized face. Notice that the frame is more horizontal on the face, the Lodo fits really well on all shape faces. You can't beat the price for these glasses.

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DaZoneRanger

Though I don't care for these styles, I've been familiar with this brand for around eight years or so and can say they make very nice glasses. I once had my eye on a pair at sport chalet, but didn't have the cash for them at the time. Either that, or I just didn't want to pay what they cost. These prices are really cheap for these and if you like the style, you should be happy with them.

joshbang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joshbang

I had a pair of Native Boulder sunglasses and lost them while visiting NYC. Don't hesitate to get these, I loved the ones I had and was bummed I lost them. These prices are great, I paid around $100 for the original ones I had. Still have a spare set of lenses, so I'm hoping they will fit in these ones.

Bangorang

irockash

quality posts: 3 Private Messages irockash

What's the difference between the Lodo and the Gonzo? Size?

tink73

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tink73

I'm trying to order 2 pairs of glasses, each a different style, but I can't seem to do that w/out placing 2 separate orders. I don't necessarily want to pay shipping twice, even if it is only $5 an order.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

tink73 wrote:I'm trying to order 2 pairs of glasses, each a different style, but I can't seem to do that w/out placing 2 separate orders. I don't necessarily want to pay shipping twice, even if it is only $5 an order.

You will pay shipping on the first order and that unlocks free shipping for the rest of the day - until midnight Central.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rogue603

irockash wrote:What's the difference between the Lodo and the Gonzo? Size?

Both glasses fit med / lg faces. Difference is in the size of the lens and design of the temple. What's great about these glasses is that the lens are interchangeable, so you can buy two Lodo's in two lens colors (gray, brown) and switch out the lens for different contrast. They normally retail at $90.

gravityisweak

quality posts: 27 Private Messages gravityisweak

2 pairs of native glasses for $55 shipped because of $5 all you can ship and a couple of coupons! You guys are amazing!

thedevin

quality posts: 3 Private Messages thedevin

Got a pair of these last time they were up and I love them! Very high quality frames and the polarization is amazing. It improves the contrast on my vision even when it isn't sunny and I felt like it reduced my eyestrain on long drives. The style I got was a little large (not among those offered here) but I have a big head so they fit quite comfortably.

sarge247

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarge247

I don't know why these are labeled as having a 90 day Native warranty... All Native sunglasses have a lifetime warranty!

I bought a pair of hard tops probably 6 years ago (~$150) and I love them. They are the only sunglasses I own and wear. They were reflex and with a ton of wear in many lakes and the ocean, the reflex coating started wearing off. Then I broke a temple. Their warranty service was excellent. Did it online and choose a replacement pair if mine couldn't be repaired. It was $30 for the repair. They called me a few days after I sent them in to tell me that they were replacing mine and the replacement pair I selected was back ordered and I could choose a new one or wait; I chose something else and they overnighted them and threw in a free set of clear lenses.

I wish I had an excuse to buy another pair from them.

countdown

pitamuffin wrote:So I take it the Gonzo's are not polarized?
rogue603 wrote:I know all of the Native Eyewear are polarized.I think they just missed it on the description.

It's funny cause if you look at one of the pictures, you can see "polarized" written down the inside of the arm.

pitamuffin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages pitamuffin
countdown wrote:It's funny cause if you look at one of the pictures, you can see "polarized" written down the inside of the arm.

Ha, you're right, and it is funny. I didn't see that until you pointed it out. Now I feel a lot better about my order!

k84weaver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages k84weaver

I'm in for a pair of the brown (amber ) Lodo although I have a small face, i like my sunglasses a bit larger; I work ocean rescue in the summer and have been wanting some non grey polarized lenses for the not super bright days.If they are too big I'm sure I can find someone to take em for $30. We used to have a deal with a Native rep years ago and my coworkers loved them

newfiepage

Staff

sarge247 wrote:I don't know why these are labeled as having a 90 day Native warranty... All Native sunglasses have a lifetime warranty!

You are correct!

newfiepage

Staff

pitamuffin wrote:So I take it the Gonzo's are not polarized? Or am I being dim and just not reading well?

You're a fantastic reader. Don't let anyone tell you any different. We, however, make mistakes, sometimes. All Native sunglasses are polarized.

So, to recap...

1) you are a good reader
2) all of the Native sunglasses are polarized (I changed it to reflect that awesome quality)