3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Jakks Pacific Hi-Def Action Cam Bundle
$59.99 + $5 Standard OR $10 Two-Day OR $20 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

ChicagoJack

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ChicagoJack

It's a belt buckle ?

cliffisadude

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cliffisadude

Your very own Stark Industries miniature arc reactor!

squatchy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages squatchy

If I stick this in my chest, do I turn into Iron Man?

Ninkumpoop

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Ninkumpoop
ChicagoJack wrote:It's a belt buckle ?

Not big enough.. and needs more bling.

Fluffy215

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Fluffy215

Reminds me of a shower head LOL

readymade

quality posts: 19 Private Messages readymade

A must gift for those vain members of your family who need to record every second of their day for posterity.

I got something better than luck.

MuddyG

quality posts: 9 Private Messages MuddyG
readymade wrote:A must gift for those vain members of your family who need to record every second of their day for prosperity.

Posterity. You mean posterity.

Filth. Flarn. Filth.

dmanpp616

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dmanpp616

I am just hoping I do not get the Bunch of Cheer that the dog made next time around. Well with Woot! you never can tell.

readymade

quality posts: 19 Private Messages readymade
MuddyG wrote:Posterity. You mean posterity.

You mean for when they fall on their butt? Fixed ;)

I got something better than luck.

jeramypappas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jeramypappas

720p video. No frills. Decent collection of mounts.

Basically, if you're interested in a GoPro but don't want to drop the cash on a device you think you might never use, it's a good buy. You'll undoubtedly get $60 worth of use out of it and, if you find the whole "actioncam" scene isn't for you, so be it. But if you love this little cam, you'll want to buy a GoPro and, when you do, you'll love that sucker like your first born.

However, if you're looking for GoPro (or even Swann HD Freestyle) quality at a bargain basement price, this 'aint it.

sheriff92

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sheriff92

im thinking of getting this to wear during games for my flag football league. would be nice to have video of the games from field perspective..edit..

just saw this
Recording Capacity:
(on included 2GB card) - 10 mins (HD)
- 20 mins (SD)

is there a maximum size SD card this will support?

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

[MOD: Not the HD Model]

here are a few reviews of these cameras. This woot comes with a lot of extras though.

Oh I almost forgot here is woots video in case you missed it

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

"*Action Shot Camera has been optimized for outdoor & daylight use. For best results indoors use in well lit areas"

I love the marketing peeps! It has horrible low light performance, therefore it was 'optimized for outdoor use'...

theguruguys

CowboyDann wrote:

This one starts out "Were going to do a quick unboxing" and then goes on for a 'quick' 10 MINUTES unboxing it. I wish all the unboxing videos on youtube would get banned, they are not interesting or informative, we want reviews of the product in use!

At Toys R Us its $49.99 for the Camera and head strap alone.

[MOD: Note that the TRU link above is not the HD model.

Crawlin95

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Crawlin95

I just wish there were more shots than a 1 second clip, even on woot's field tests...

theguruguys

There are 7 reviews rating it 2 out of 5 stars overall at Target where it costs $42 for the basic camera. Many of the reviewers complain about the lack of viewfinder and the lack of video quality.

[MOD: See post below. That's not the HD model.]

emailrob

quality posts: 5 Private Messages emailrob
theguruguys wrote:There are 7 reviews rating it 2 out of 5 stars overall at Target where it costs $42 for the basic camera. Many of the reviewers complain about the lack of viewfinder and the lack of video quality.

i THINK that's for the non-HD version right? Looking at the videos, the HD to normal was quite a difference. They list two versions on their website, this is the HD one.

http://actionshotcam.com/shop/

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

emailrob wrote:i THINK that's for the non-HD version right? Looking at the videos, the HD to normal was quite a difference. They list two versions on their website, this is the HD one.

http://actionshotcam.com/shop/

Thanks for pointing that out!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

toinky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages toinky

Does anyone know the max capacity of the microSD card this could take?

gregbowman

quality posts: 44 Private Messages gregbowman

Bought one locally thinking it might actually be good enough - it wasn't, and I returned it the same day. But, for the price, it was worth the risk. Jakks Pacific doesn't really impress me as a whole, bottom line: this is a TOY, this is not a Swann or a GoPro - you'll be disappointed unless you're 13. But, if you have a 13 year old to buy for, this may be absolutely perfect, and you'll save a ton o' cash . . . they'll love it, and they'll love you for it. For THAT, it is good enough.

pz@woot

quality posts: 7 Private Messages pz@woot
theguruguys wrote:At Toys R Us its $49.99 for the Camera and head strap alone.

The link is bad (extra "=" at end), but more importantly that's the non-HD version. I think the HD version may have just been released very recently since I'm not finding reviews or tests of it.

Product site does not state maximum size of card or have much other detail.

Still for $60 I have to say the bundle seems interesting.

Signature oh signature, cannot think
of something clever...

hayabusa301

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hayabusa301
gregbowman wrote:Bought one locally thinking it might actually be good enough - it wasn't, and I returned it the same day. But, for the price, it was worth the risk. Jakks Pacific doesn't really impress me as a whole, bottom line: this is a TOY, this is not a Swann or a GoPro - you'll be disappointed unless you're 13. But, if you have a 13 year old to buy for, this may be absolutely perfect, and you'll save a ton o' cash . . . they'll love it, and they'll love you for it. For THAT, it is good enough.

Did you buy the pro version?

Talesin

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Talesin
gregbowman wrote:Bought one locally thinking it might actually be good enough - it wasn't, and I returned it the same day. But, for the price, it was worth the risk. Jakks Pacific doesn't really impress me as a whole, bottom line: this is a TOY, this is not a Swann or a GoPro - you'll be disappointed unless you're 13. But, if you have a 13 year old to buy for, this may be absolutely perfect, and you'll save a ton o' cash . . . they'll love it, and they'll love you for it. For THAT, it is good enough.

Honestly, I've been disappointed seeing the results that even the Swann put out. And GoPro would be great... if they offered a non-fisheye lens model. Maddening not to be able to find one of these cams that just takes a standard, non-XXTREEEEEEMEEE!!!11!!eleventy!! video with good image quality, and maybe a CCD sensor instead to avoid the jello-effect (rolling shutter) inherent with crappy CMOS sensors.

oio

quality posts: 8 Private Messages oio
Talesin wrote:Honestly, I've been disappointed seeing the results that even the Swann put out. And GoPro would be great... if they offered a non-fisheye lens model. Maddening not to be able to find one of these cams that just takes a standard, non-XXTREEEEEEMEEE!!!11!!eleventy!! video with good image quality, and maybe a CCD sensor instead to avoid the jello-effect (rolling shutter) inherent with crappy CMOS sensors.

You do realize that with such poor low light performance and at such a low price, this invariably uses a crappy CCD sensor, right?

ronzo911

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ronzo911

Doubles as a showerhead--what potential!

Ronzo911

MKVTDI

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MKVTDI

Hard to believe that HD has slimmed down to be less resource demanding than SD- or do I got that backwards....or do they?

carrottop432

quality posts: 6 Private Messages carrottop432

Anyone remember Flight of the Navigator? Looks like the pilot from that movie to me.

tesla33

quality posts: 57 Private Messages tesla33

I was hoping I wouldn't have to do extensive research just to find out if it records in sound. So, does it record sound as well...?

kmontrose

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kmontrose
MuddyG wrote:Posterity. You mean posterity.

I think prosperity actually works there, especially if you're buying this to get into a bit of blackmail...

tzstlouis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages tzstlouis

awww! I love Harold! everyone adopt a stray and give 'em some love this holiday season! .....
now back to the Cam chat...

flopejoe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages flopejoe

2-4 hours of runtime is pretty loose with the specifics. Does anyone know what the variables are... like 2 hours HD and 4 hours SD? Or is it based on the phase of the moon?

Dozer11

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Dozer11
oio wrote:You do realize that with such poor low light performance and at such a low price, this invariably uses a crappy CCD sensor, right?

Yep. Even the new Go Pro 3 uses a CMOS sensor. It's how they can make it affordable for us we're-not-in-the-film-industry-so-we-don't-need-to-spend-thousands-yet-now-have-access-to-HD-video people. And CMOS usually uses less power, but that difference is changing with CCDs.

And all of these action sport cameras do poorly in low-light areas. Indoors is darker than most people think. Heck, a lot of video cameras, including phones have horrible to mediocre performance indoors.

TheRaven

quality posts: 10 Private Messages TheRaven

I find that way too many people here are quick to post information on the NON-HD product. The NON-HD product is NOT this product. People commenting even say they've purchased this product saying it sucks and I'm betting they haven't.

Please do NOT post comments, videos, reviews of a product that's similar but not the product that's in the woot sale.

There can be major differences between different models which totally negate the "information" being posted for the actual product woot is selling.

Reading through the comments and seeing all the posts for the wrong product almost makes me doubt any information posted unless the comment specifically states it's about the exact same product being sold.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 95 Private Messages radi0j0hn
Fluffy215 wrote:Reminds me of a shower head LOL

My thoughts exactly.

Perhaps a perv-o-cam, camera cleverly disguised as a shower head so you can get "those" shots of somebody nekkid.

Of course, all you end up with is hair, but if you have a scalp fetish, you got it made!

[I made the last part up...there is no such thing as a scalp fetish, I hope.]

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

beokabatukaba

quality posts: 1 Private Messages beokabatukaba
tesla33 wrote:I was hoping I wouldn't have to do extensive research just to find out if it records in sound. So, does it record sound as well...?

Indeed it does.

cmacclel

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cmacclel
TheRaven wrote:I find that way too many people here are quick to post information on the NON-HD product. The NON-HD product is NOT this product. People commenting even say they've purchased this product saying it sucks and I'm betting they haven't.

Please do NOT post comments, videos, reviews of a product that's similar but not the product that's in the woot sale.

There can be major differences between different models which totally negate the "information" being posted for the actual product woot is selling.

Reading through the comments and seeing all the posts for the wrong product almost makes me doubt any information posted unless the comment specifically states it's about the exact same product being sold.

AMEN!

Moderators should just delete posts unrelated to the product for sale.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 95 Private Messages radi0j0hn

CMOS or no CMOS, I'm not sure why anybody would seriously think that a $60 camera with a pinhole-type aperture would work in low light.

Get real folks! The laws of physics haven't change since going digital. Dark is still dark and little apertures are still little.

In a few years, when we have ISOs of a half million, it will be a different story.

But right now it is a primitive toy that can be fun to use...or not.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

jlagraff

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jlagraff

Lots of mounts but unfortunately not one for my shoe! You know, something that would blend in with my trench coat. But seriously, 1080 or 720 aside, if you want a cheap pinhole camera get the $18 mini DVR from Amazon. I'm sure you could clamp one of those to a dog.