5%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Yukon Outfitters Double Hammock
$19.99 + $5 Standard OR $12 Two-Day OR $15 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

wootmeharder

quality posts: 10 Private Messages wootmeharder

A "Double" hammock with a weight limit of only 350lbs? This is obviously not meant for use here in the US.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Can we get the mosquito net too?

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

evilkeo

quality posts: 6 Private Messages evilkeo

If you've never camped in a hammock, you're missing out! SO much better than sleeping on the ground.

readymade

quality posts: 19 Private Messages readymade

With the ice caps melting an a disconcerting rate, this could be pressed into service as a sail one day soon.

I got something better than luck.

gideonfrost

quality posts: 33 Private Messages gideonfrost

Protip: If you're buying this as a gift for your girlfriend(fiancee) make sure you aren't signed in to her Woot account. It turns out Woot sends an email to the owner of the account. Thanks for ruining Christmas Woot!

PhreeLoader

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PhreeLoader

I've been eyeing an ENO hammock for a while.. for the price this one will do nicely .. in for 1

that's right... i said it..

mick66

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mick66

DOUBLE RAINBOW!
Oh wait. It's just a double hammock.
Nevermind.

SirThurston

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SirThurston

I only camp with hammocks for the past several years. If you are interested in all things hammock related check out

Www.hammockforums.net

192 Woots most for 3 items

swootness

quality posts: 2 Private Messages swootness

Dimensions?

apallohadas

quality posts: 5 Private Messages apallohadas

There's next to no info on it. I'm interested, but want to know more about the actual product.

I bought a bunch of stuff and all I have left is this not-very-witty signature.

jollyrajr

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jollyrajr

This is a tremendous price for a double hammock. I paid 3 times this amount when I decided I wanted to try sleeping in a hammock rather than a bed. I found that hammocks are really tough for me to sleep in since I'm a side-sleeper. I tried all the methods they mention in hammock forums regarding sleeping position, etc, and I just found it to be too uncomfortable. Now, it's positive amazing for studying in, relaxing and watching tv, etc.

For those of you thinking of trying a hammock-- at this price it's worth taking a chance..

MyPooka

quality posts: 16 Private Messages MyPooka
wootmeharder wrote:A "Double" hammock with a weight limit of only 350lbs? This is obviously not meant for use here in the US.

"Double hammocks" like this aren't generally meant to hold two people (though they probably could.) What they are meant for is allowing people to sleep in "flat" position (or even on their sides) without being bowed like a banana (which gets a terrible night's sleep and often a backache in the morning.)

With a double hammock you don't sleep "end to end" so much as you sleep "across" the hammock in sort of a diagonal. Sleeping "across" the hammock results in a relatively flat sleeping surface with good back support.

I Googled around to try and find a non-commercial site that illustrates what I'm talking about but good examples from non-commercial sites seem to be few and far between. This picture posted at Flickr comes as close as any to showing what I mean, though in this case the person is full across rather than on the diagonal: http://www.flickr.com/photos/38184466@N04/4078778112/

You could also just Google "how to sleep in a hammock" and turn up several references including some really good ones on other commercial sites that want to sell you their own hammock: https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+sleep+in+a+hammock

Edited to add:

eHow has some basic instructions on sleeping diagonally or across a double hammock: http://www.ehow.com/how_4165_sleep-hammock.html

arevan

quality posts: 9 Private Messages arevan

I kind of want to know how easy and quick this would be to wrap around two trees.

eudorrra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eudorrra

I'm a camping elf but my intended giftee is not. I wish there was more information (weight, etc) so I don't get laughed out of the tent, so to speak.

edit: OOOOOOHHH. I was thinking you'd have to banana when in reality you have to... avocado? Wasn't sure how to sleep in one. :themoreyouknow!:

MyPooka

swootness wrote:Dimensions?

I have the same question. How 'bout it Woot!? What're the actual dimensions on this thing?

sheriff92

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sheriff92
gideonfrost wrote:Protip: If you're buying this as a gift for your girlfriend(fiancee) make sure you aren't signed in to her Woot account. It turns out Woot sends an email to the owner of the account. Thanks for ruining Christmas Woot!

you ruined it yourself. how does woot know that someone other than the account holder is on and ordering a gift for "themselves" and know not to send a confirmation email... even if they didnt send it she would have been able to see whats bought and shipping from her account tab.

next time you buy a gift for someone, go under your account and problem solved

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 562 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

gideonfrost wrote:Protip: If you're buying this as a gift for your girlfriend(fiancee) make sure you aren't signed in to her Woot account. It turns out Woot sends an email to the owner of the account. Thanks for ruining Christmas Woot!

Seriously? You're blaming us for sending a confirmation email just like we always do?

We can't win.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Lance19

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Lance19

I love relaxing in hammocks out in the wild...and I like this color very much. I'm a pretty big guy, at 277 pounds...I anticipate that my current lady will be understanding, re. my need to replace her with a nice 72-pounder...

ThunderThighs

Staff

FYI: I've asked for dimensions but it will mostly likely be morning before I hear back.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

john1863

quality posts: 0 Private Messages john1863

Now the only thing I need is a banana costume and my Halloween outfit for next year will be complete!

FiftyFootMocha

quality posts: 9 Private Messages FiftyFootMocha

I was just thinking, "He has over 100 woot purchases and never noticed an email about them before?Um...."

ThunderThighs wrote:Seriously? You're blaming us for sending a confirmation email just like we always do?

We can't win.

MyPooka

ThunderThighs wrote:FYI: I've asked for dimensions but it will mostly likely be morning before I hear back.

I'll check back in the morning then. Hope you don't sell out prior to that time. Could you please add the dimensions to the specs in this Woot! listing so we don't have to search through comments?

ThunderThighs

Staff

MyPooka wrote:I'll check back in the morning then. Hope you don't sell out prior to that time. Could you please add the dimensions to the specs in this Woot! listing so we don't have to search through comments?

Yep, that's standard operating procedure.

NinetyWt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NinetyWt

I took gideonfrost's comment to be in jest. YMMV.

k2wananb

quality posts: 11 Private Messages k2wananb

I've been wanting to nab a good hammock for awhile now. This will be great this summer.

kellic

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kellic
ThunderThighs wrote:Seriously? You're blaming us for sending a confirmation email just like we always do?

We can't win.

Naaa I'm guessing its a generic facepalm towards himself. A self DOH! if you will.
Only an snowman would think that a store wouldn't send you purchase confirmation.

disturbed1115

quality posts: 0 Private Messages disturbed1115

Can anyone point me in the direction of the manufacturer information for this? I did a quick google search and couldn't find this hammock anywhere but other deal sites. Not even any results under "shopping" on Google.

I've been looking at an ENO Doublenest and this is only a third of the cost, but I don't want to waste even $20 on something that turns out to be junk.
Thanks

ThunderThighs

Staff

NinetyWt wrote:I took gideonfrost's comment to be in jest. YMMV.

kellic wrote:Naaa I'm guessing its a generic facepalm towards himself. A self DOH! if you will.
Only an snowman would think that a store wouldn't send you purchase confirmation.

Good points. Hopefully that's the case.

ZeldaGamerMonthly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZeldaGamerMonthly
ThunderThighs wrote:Good points. Hopefully that's the case.

Can you check back on how much it weighs, too?

ThunderThighs

Staff

ZeldaGamerMonthly wrote:Can you check back on how much it weighs, too?

Will do.

gideonfrost

quality posts: 33 Private Messages gideonfrost

We can't win.

TT I was joking.

jiggersgreen

quality posts: 36 Private Messages jiggersgreen
ThunderThighs wrote:Will do.

ThunderThighs I know this is way off topic but when I slow scroll the page the mouth on your avatar moves like your speaking.

beelyfamily

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beelyfamily
arevan wrote:I kind of want to know how easy and quick this would be to wrap around two trees.

I have one almost exactly like this made by a different company, and last time we went camping I had it strung up between two trees within ten minutes.

jiggersgreen

quality posts: 36 Private Messages jiggersgreen

Curious why it only comes with one s hook? Seems like that would make for a bad downhill sleep.

paullin1990

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paullin1990
ckeilah wrote:Can we get the mosquito net too?

Same question here!

fuzz2050

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fuzz2050
beelyfamily wrote:I have one almost exactly like this made by a different company, and last time we went camping I had it strung up between two trees within ten minutes.

There are lots of ways to string up a hammock, some quicker than others. If you go to a hardware store, grab four welded steel rings and two nylon tie down straps, you can get a hammock up in less than a minute.

Use a Lark's Head to attach two rings to each end of the hammock, then feed the nylon strap around the tree and through the metal rings. It's secure, easy to adjust and cheap.

ThunderThighs

Staff

gideonfrost wrote:TT I was joking.

Whew. I'm tired of hitting myself there.

pupyluvr

quality posts: 49 Private Messages pupyluvr

Mmmmm, I love ham hocks.