bunnyb0y

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bunnyb0y
swootness wrote:Dimensions?

3. The 4th dimension (spacetime) costs extra.

redjacketcannon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redjacketcannon

I googled Yukon outfitters to find some reviews, but could not find any. Does anyone have some more information?

I found a fancy hammock which is pricier but also has a bug net. I think if you camp it should be a must.
http://www.treklightgear.com/catalog/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=219

tcope

quality posts: 6 Private Messages tcope

I'd not use this where the night time temp gets around 45 degrees... there is no insulation under your sleeping bag and your rear end (and back) can get pretty cold. Mr friend were at Outdoor Retailers a few years ago and bought 2 hammocks like this (very expensive). Coldness is what they complained about. We nick named them, "Bear Burritos". Manufacture did not want to use that name for some reason.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

I've been very happy with my ENO. Assuming similar quality here, this is a good deal. If it came with mosquito netting topper it would be an instant In For Three. The problem with hammocks is that if it's warm enough to sleep in one, it's warm enough for mosquitos.

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

mlpsencik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mlpsencik

So technically this hammock comes complete with the included "Bear Burrito?" - nothing like old fashioned Woot nom noms

Also, is this woodland critter friendly?

Perfect for the upcoming doomsday! Zombies cannot see green.

mattyqwilliams

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mattyqwilliams

At first glance, I assumed Woot! was selling some sort of giant green banana. Perhaps a plantain, even.

caferace

quality posts: 1 Private Messages caferace
gideonfrost wrote:Protip: If you're buying this as a gift for your girlfriend(fiancee) make sure you aren't signed in to her Woot account. It turns out Woot sends an email to the owner of the account. Thanks for ruining Christmas Woot!

The Grinch says two things:

1) Don't use you Girlfriends accounts to buy gifts for her.

2) Dear GF: I hope he's spending more than $19.99 +S&H on your XMas prezzie. If not, are you cute?

imsochady

quality posts: 18 Private Messages imsochady

It's weird sleeping in one of these!

nomoirai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nomoirai

These are great! Bought two! I have an eno single one from rei(pricey $60). I also bought the eno tree straps that are basically webbing with loops in them around $25(pricey again). But worth it if you don't want to make your own.

nomoirai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nomoirai
arevan wrote:I kind of want to know how easy and quick this would be to wrap around two trees.

If you can manufacture some webbing that is the appropriate weight rating with loops in it(butterfly knots or your preference) then an easy cheap way to do that. I'm sure the hammock doesn't come with straps to mount.

Here are $20 straps from rei:
http://www.rei.com/product/754777/eno-slapstraps

I have an eno single hammock and those straps and I can put it up in about 1 minute. note that enos come with carabiners. I think this one may come with some or some type of hook. From seeing the picture.

acidmojojojo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages acidmojojojo

thank you

sheriff92 wrote:you ruined it yourself. how does woot know that someone other than the account holder is on and ordering a gift for "themselves" and know not to send a confirmation email... even if they didnt send it she would have been able to see whats bought and shipping from her account tab.

next time you buy a gift for someone, go under your account and problem solved

cluffy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cluffy

I did some searching too, no yukon outfitters to be found. I still bought one because it's a good gamble. A decent hammock can't be had for less than $30 unless you're willing to make it yourself. The hours of labor would add up to over $30 worth anyway.

daglol

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daglol

do i need a stand?

outdoorslife

quality posts: 8 Private Messages outdoorslife

Definitely Specs please, including country of manufacture.

I generally like to know where my product is being made. Sometimes that "great" deal isn't so great depending on mfg quality, location, etc.

5h1th34d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 5h1th34d
ifrakedacylon wrote:does this support snoring?

WOW!

Thanks for the early morning pre-caffeine laugh!

Jonas4321

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Jonas4321
cluffy wrote:A decent hammock can't be had for less than $30 unless you're willing to make it yourself. The hours of labor would add up to over $30 worth anyway.

That's quite true. I have been 4-season hammock camping for 8 or 9 years now, and have made all of mine. It takes me about 2 hours to make a hammock (ZHammock design - Google it). But in my case, no Chinese person was woefully underpaid in the process (hint: I'm not Chinese).

Thanks to those that have recommended using webbing straps around the trees, I hope nobody ever uses rope around trees with a hammock, as it can easily damage the trees you're hanging from.

No Advertisement Here
That's why I haven't made thousands of posts...

rockybunch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rockybunch

how do you hang the hammock?

riskmomtx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages riskmomtx

Will this hold two people if it is called a double hammock?

cbrammeier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cbrammeier

Bought similar on woot, hammock sleeping is great. You'll need to make a couple straps to wrap around trees. If this is i gift, i hope it is not labeled on the box like my t-fal rice cooker. Xmas spoiled, rats.

codeseven

quality posts: 1 Private Messages codeseven

$20 for a floating hammock? That's a great deal.

dc4all

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dc4all

Holy underpaid members of the Party, Mei Lan!

http://www.aliexpress.com/price/double-parachute-hammock-price.html

smcdon2

quality posts: 5 Private Messages smcdon2

I have many Hammocks and this was my first. Some things to consider if you are a serious hammock camper, or even if you just want to set it up in the back yard.

Get a good suspension system
The straps that come with it stretch quite a bit and won't hold if you're over 200 pounds. The first night that I used it, they stretched so much that I woke up laying on the ground. There are several types that work well.

1. Whoopie Slings - Best choice. I like the name and make setup a breeze.
http://www.whoopieslings.com/Whoopie_slings.html
2. The Slap Strap - a cheaper alternative, but you'll still get the stretching from the cord that comes with, so you'll have to consider that. http://www.eaglesnestoutfittersinc.com/product/ST001.html

Get a ridge line:
A tarp ridge line will allow you to cover yourself with a tarp, so that you're out of the elements. I've slept in downpours while the tenting folks were laying in water. This will also help you determine the best pitch for your hammock every time.

Learn to tie knots:
Many knots will come in handy to make it easier and allow you to deal with various setups. "knot" all trees are made alike
This list is not all-inclusive.
Marlin Spike Hitch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Yvvt39Luk

Taught-line Hitch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jkN3K5G8eE

Adjustable knot, etc.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J33eTNJszmQ

Prussik knot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0d8-Fxdx8Y

Lark's head: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b-_I...layer_embedded

Bowline: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2SjE...layer_embedded

Happy Camping

deucemagnet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deucemagnet

Are these from the hammock district?

Hank Scorpio: Uh, hi, Homer. What can I do for you?
Homer: Sir, I need to know where I can get some business hammocks.
Hank Scorpio: Hammocks? My goodness, what an idea. Why didn't I think of that? Hammocks! Homer, there's four places. There's the Hammock Hut, that's on third.
Homer: Uh-huh.
Hank Scorpio: There's Hammocks-R-Us, that's on third too. You got Put-Your-Butt-There.
Homer: Mm-Hmm.
Hank Scorpio: That's on third. Swing Low, Sweet Chariot... Matter of fact, they're all in the same complex; it's the hammock complex on third.
Homer: Oh, the hammock district!
Hank Scorpio: That's right.

Neotacha

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Neotacha
gideonfrost wrote:Protip: If you're buying this as a gift for your girlfriend(fiancee) make sure you aren't signed in to her Woot account. It turns out Woot sends an email to the owner of the account. Thanks for ruining Christmas Woot!

If your Christmas is ruined because you were signed into the wrong account or the box comes labled (and no one ever reuses boxes) so one recipient knows what s/he is getting as a gift from one person, you have either serious emotional issues or have lived a blessed life.

Because we share the same hobby, my husband and I see the same sites and are on the same discussion groups. It is not unheard of for one or the other to figure out what we're getting for Christmas as our anniversary is so close to the big day that we discuss our joint 'gift' to each other and one of us has to own up to having bought the whatever for the other partner already. Doesn't ruin Christmas, anniversary or his birthday (all falling within a month of each other).

MuddyG

quality posts: 9 Private Messages MuddyG
swootness wrote:Dimensions?

The dimensions are under the specs tab. I'm not sure if they were added and no-one bothered to mention it, or they were there all along?

Dimensions:

11' 6" Long x 6' 4" Wide
21 Ounces

Filth. Flarn. Filth.

CuzzinMerl

quality posts: 23 Private Messages CuzzinMerl

For someone with more than 100 woots, this seems like a no-brainer.

mm20

quality posts: 33 Private Messages mm20

Protip: It's your responsibility to know which account you're signed into, not Woot!'s.

The 12 days of crap was just that- crap.

It's funny how when Woot! calls their stuff crap, it's ok, but when *YOU* call it crap, *poof* you get banned. Hypocrites.

infinitycubed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages infinitycubed

Protip: Read the rest of the comments. He was joking.

MuddyG

quality posts: 9 Private Messages MuddyG

I also started out with a hammock like this, and still use it for summer lounging; it's a great hammock. It definitely comes with two 'S' hooks, they are permanently attached to each end.

A cheap and very easy suspension system can be made by taking, for example, a 16 foot length of rope, folding it in half so that you have a double 8 foot length, and then tying a series of granny knots in the halved rope. You now have one side of your suspension system. Wrap the rope around the tree, and through one of the loops created by the knots, and then hang your 'S' hook on the knot at the appropriate length. Repeat for the other side. Using this method you can put your hammock up in about 1-2 minutes flat. These ropes be folded up and stored in the hammock stuff sack, no problem.

I know what they say about ropes; hopefully this type of system is not included in that, as I have never seen any tree damage from doing it this way. Hey, I love trees, and if I thought I was hurting trees, I wouldn't do it this way, but I also have a strap suspension system for a much more expensive camping hammock, and I don't see any difference with doing it this way.

Again, great hammock, and if you want a mosquito net, you can use the ENO Guardian, or rig your own. With a hiking tarp, such as the Kelty Noah's tarp, you have an awesome warm weather camping setup. But just on its own, this is a great lounging, napping hammock. Guaranteed to be super comfortable.

[If you don't understand my explanation of the rope tying, let me know and I will try to make it clearer]

Filth. Flarn. Filth.

jiggersgreen

quality posts: 36 Private Messages jiggersgreen
dc4all wrote:Holy underpaid members of the Party, Mei Lan!

http://www.aliexpress.com/price/double-parachute-hammock-price.html

Here's some straps to go with the hammock.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/The-hammock-hanging-buckle-hammock-special-strap-nylon-tying-hammock-lashing/593123415.html
Buyer beware:
Before ordering I suggest some research on their web site. Google this:
aliexpress scam

verboten1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages verboten1

ordered one. looks a ton like the ENO double nest that I stayed in for a long weekend a while back!

teamconan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teamconan

As a hammock lover (I own a few Trek Light double hammocks from Deals.Woot) there's a lot of concerns.

90 day warranty?

The fact that Woot just created a new hammock 'brand' by going to China and getting hammocks made as cheap as possible just for this deal is the biggest deal killer for me. You'll have no access to customer support (not anyone knowledgeable about the hammock anyways), community, or as others have mentioned - no accessories like hanging straps, mosquito nets or other add-ons.

The Trek Light Doubles are ~$50 or less when they're on sale - I've had nothing but good experience with them and the company itself (there's a 3 year warranty and mine's had no issues). For $20-$30 more, I'd much rather have something that I know is comfortable, will last and has a wide range of compatible accessories. My 2 cents.

drewdown725

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drewdown725

Not so much of a deal... It is $19 pretty much every where I went while trying to find reviews. But you won't be loosing any money.

mrclean417

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrclean417

About the size of my DIY hammock which I sleep in every night and about the cost too, so a good deal if you like the color which for camping is also good. For hammock questions may I suggest Hammockforums.net and a book on amazon entitled "The Ultimate Hang". Those and a bunch of youtube videos by Shug Emery will answer all of your hammock questions. I got rid of my bed where I would wake up every hour, find a new position and try to get back to sleep and replaced it with the hammock where I sleep all night. The hammock cost 25 bucks where my Sleep comfort was thousands PLUS when I'm done in the morning, I wrap my hammock up and store it freeing up all the room that normally is occupied by the bed.

This is an inexpensive way to test out the Hammock life. Remmember, hammocks are one of the things Christopher Columbus brought back from the 'New World'.

nancydom52

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nancydom52

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

The specifications on the sale specs have been added:

KEY FEATURES:

· Weight: 21 ounces
· Measures: 11ft 6in (long) x 6 ft 4in (wide)
· Supports up to 350 pounds
· High-strength parachute nylon
· Includes S-hooks for easy hanging
· 3x stitching at weight bearing points
· Attached stuff sack for easy storage
· Mildew resistant
· Quick-dry nylon

nancydom52

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nancydom52
nancydom52 wrote:

I also discovered this issue my son told me he was getting notifications of my woot purchases and some of them were gifts for him. I went into my account and could not find his email address anywhere in my account info so therefore I do not know how to stop the email notices to him.

mreynolds179

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mreynolds179

What would be the best way to say, hang this inside of a cubicle.

swootness

quality posts: 2 Private Messages swootness
ThunderThighs wrote:Will do.

Thanks, TT! Got the added info re. dimensions and weight and bought.

swootness

quality posts: 2 Private Messages swootness
caferace wrote:The Grinch says two things:

1) Don't use you Girlfriends accounts to buy gifts for her.

But if he doesn't use the GF's account, he won't have her stored credit card information!?!