WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Open up and say "ho ho ho!", because there's a sleighful of holiday cheer charging right down your throat! On the first day of Jingle Binge, our pop-up shop gives to you a deluge in a deal tree.

It's got gifts. It's got presents. It's got stocking stuffers, White Elephants, artery stuffers, Secret Santa surprises, gelt substitutes, offerings to Mother Gaia: if it's something you give someone around this time of year, Jingle Binge is positively engorged with it.

But as with all of our pop-up shops, it only lasts a week. Jingle Binge wraps up Sunday, December 9, so surrender to it now. The only thing worse than regretting your excessive indulgence is never having any indulgences to regret.

novastarj

quality posts: 30 Private Messages novastarj

So these "Pop-Up" shops are a new thing? Like the "Enduring Holidays" during Thanksgiving week?

I can see how it would work, themed shops for certain times of the year. Nonetheless this just adds to me being overwhelmed by the sheer amount of products on the "new" Woot. I miss the days when I was just checking one page.

We really need a search engine that just searches active product sales descriptions and names. Like if I want a "headphones," there's probably a pair or five on sale somewhere on Woot right now, but lord knows I don't know where to find all of them.

I mean it's just silly all the flavored bacon salts are under one sale on the main Woot page, but the original Bacon Salt is hidden in a side sale on Sellout.woot.

jcolag

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jcolag
novastarj wrote:Nonetheless this just adds to me being overwhelmed by the sheer amount of products on the "new" Woot. I miss the days when I was just checking one page.

We really need a search engine that just searches active product sales descriptions and names. Like if I want a "headphones," there's probably a pair or five on sale somewhere on Woot right now, but lord knows I don't know where to find all of them.

At this point, other than the during-the-day blog checks, I just start the morning scrubbing the top banner and (if I'm not in a hurry) check the first page or two of the community deals.

The amusing descriptions are a vague memory, alas, but since it's fifteen clicks to actually read them (and then with no left margin), and the "Woot Plus" link names are 100% uninformative, so I haven't remotely considered buying anything through there, but it solves the overwhelmingness of the sites.