WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Bacon, it's not just for breakfast!

So, food is great. But how many times have you caught yourself eating something that wasn't bacon and thinking: "Damn, I wish this tasted more like bacon?" You don't have to answer, I already know: all of the times. Luckily, where there's a fabricated wish, there's a way. Read on, bacon-lover, and never go baconless again.

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

So many flavors - what's your bacon weakness? Combined with these fancy flavors or just pure, delicious bacon?

I'm just hanging out, really.

runwilder

quality posts: 1 Private Messages runwilder

No bacon popcorn!?! False advertising in the Deals photo...

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

What ever happened to "bacon is dead" Woot?

marklog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marklog
firebirdude wrote:What ever happened to "bacon is dead" Woot?

This!

Are you looking at my junk?

thespiansmc

quality posts: 19 Private Messages thespiansmc
runwilder wrote:No bacon popcorn!?! False advertising in the Deals photo...

It was (sold out) over in http://sellout.woot.com/offers/baconpop-cheddar-microwave-popcorn-5 along with the 16oz HUGE DAMN BACON SALT jug.

randyleea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages randyleea

How come I can't add more than 1 item??

thespiansmc

quality posts: 19 Private Messages thespiansmc
randyleea wrote:How come I can't add more than 1 item??

it's how woot! works. order each item individually, it will still be the flat $5 for shipping.

randyleea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages randyleea
thespiansmc wrote:it's how woot! works. order each item individually, it will still be the flat $5 for shipping.

$5 for each $2 item I order?
Never mind, I read the details, DUH!!
Thanks

inkycatz

randyleea wrote:$5 for each $2 item I order?

Once you order the first item, it unlocks free shipping until midnight! Stock up!

evlhat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evlhat
marklog wrote:This!

Double this!
They even wrote a song about bacon being done, and songs don't lie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo-NvyWlq44&feature=player_embedded#at=21

thumperchick

quality posts: 232 Private Messages thumperchick

Oh woot, I've wanted to try Bacon Salt for a few years now. This sale is perfect for that! But then I finally read the ingredients list. Can't do it. Super bummed.

mossygreen

quality posts: 69 Private Messages mossygreen
thumperchick wrote:Oh woot, I've wanted to try Bacon Salt for a few years now. This sale is perfect for that! But then I finally read the ingredients list. Can't do it. Super bummed.

It's pretty good, but it's far from healthy. Are you an MSG-avoiding person?

thumperchick

mossygreen wrote:It's pretty good, but it's far from healthy. Are you an MSG-avoiding person?

I try to have spices/rubs/etc that do not have gluten or msg in them. I figure we get enough of that stuff in other areas, I don't need to add it to my home-cooked meals, too.
I did see the 'Natural' salt, but can't justify the shipping on just trying one out. *shrug* oh well.

Bezalel

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Bezalel
firebirdude wrote:What ever happened to "bacon is dead" Woot?

It's like the shirts being unreckoned.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

What, no bacon coffin?

------------------
I Bet on Sky

IceWoot

quality posts: 2 Private Messages IceWoot

Darn, applewood sold out.

franksmith

quality posts: 7 Private Messages franksmith

Autolyzed Yeast Extract = MSG

To say no added MSG or Gluten free is a horrible play/abuse on words

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/412771

Stay healthy w00ters!

craigthom

quality posts: 62 Private Messages craigthom
thumperchick wrote:I try to have spices/rubs/etc that do not have gluten or msg in them. I figure we get enough of that stuff in other areas, I don't need to add it to my home-cooked meals, too.
I did see the 'Natural' salt, but can't justify the shipping on just trying one out. *shrug* oh well.

Unless you or a member of your family has celiac disease, there's no reason to avoid gluten.

There's nothing wrong with gluten. It's what gives structure to bread. It occurs naturally in many grains, including wheat.

"Gluten-free" is a trendy processed food label, but it is only useful to people with celiac disease.

My objection to these products is that there's nothing even close to bacon in them.

msantos1116

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msantos1116

I love this stuff. Too bad it's more expensive here than in the stores if you include the $5 shipping.

This is only worth it if you buy about 6 or more bottles.

zingriffy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zingriffy

Cr@p!! I just got on my computer and found the bacon. Holy cow! I could barely contain my excitement, until I noticed everything I might want was SOLD OUT! How dare you tease me like that, WOOT!

pattiq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pattiq

OK, I'll bite, what is "peppered" bacon salt?

lmensor

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lmensor

I'm still trying to figure out what a "slat shaker" is

"But we, as Americans, are a pretty lazy bunch and picking up both a slat shaker and a bottle of vinegar seemed like SUCH a hassle." (part of "Wootbot says" blurb on Malt Salt)

backwerds

quality posts: 0 Private Messages backwerds

GAH!! Why does this sale always pop up after I purchase directly from J&D's website? I would have gotten quite a bit off of here!!

McGuffy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages McGuffy

I seem to recall Woot "putting this meme to rest" a few weeks ago. I was grateful. *WAS*

inkycatz

McGuffy wrote:I seem to recall Woot "putting this meme to rest" a few weeks ago. I was grateful. *WAS*

Gratitude is much like bacon, in that it is flexible. We understand.

GodfatherND

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GodfatherND

A friend of mine owns a business making, among other things, Bacon-flavored lip balm!

Bacon Lip Balm

thumperchick

craigthom wrote:Unless you or a member of your family has celiac disease, there's no reason to avoid gluten.

There's nothing wrong with gluten. It's what gives structure to bread. It occurs naturally in many grains, including wheat.

"Gluten-free" is a trendy processed food label, but it is only useful to people with celiac disease.

My objection to these products is that there's nothing even close to bacon in them.

Some people do have a slight allergy/sensitivity to gluten. Just like other allergies, there are different levels of side effects. It gives me migraines. I don't run away from it, but I do make sure not to add it into things that don't need it. It's also the gliadin that's the problem for most people, not the gluten. Unfortunately, they tend to go hand in hand.

rayepreston

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rayepreston

I expected the ingredients list to be shorter. I figured it would read "bacon"

incognit0

quality posts: 1 Private Messages incognit0

Has anyone received shipping information? I ordered these over a week ago and nothing. Woot CS says they can't give me any more info since it's being fulfilled by a third party. Better be here for Christmas seeing that it's a gift...

kgirl123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kgirl123

I'm still waiting for shipping info, too. I wish woot would let us know if an item is being shipped by a third party. Last wine woot-off I ordered some caramels and chocolate sauce from a vendor.Took over two weeks for them to ship the items.

dmx10101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmx10101

I received the bacon croutons over a week ago but I haven't even gotten any shipping info for the bacon lip balm or the bacon salt yet.

inkycatz

dmx10101 wrote:I received the bacon croutons over a week ago but I haven't even gotten any shipping info for the bacon lip balm or the bacon salt yet.

Feel free to drop a line to support@woot.com - we do want you to have all the bacony goodness!

lwjoestar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lwjoestar

Ordered from this deal on 12/4, it's now 12/17 and my order is still listed as "awaiting shipping"? Really?

I mean, really? Two weeks before you even ship?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 539 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lwjoestar wrote:Ordered from this deal on 12/4, it's now 12/17 and my order is still listed as "awaiting shipping"? Really?

I mean, really? Two weeks before you even ship?

Our buyer traced down the problem. The vendor sent to our warehouses by ground instead of expedited. They're there now and will be shipped to you via expedited shipping. So sorry for the delay.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

italianemperor

quality posts: 2 Private Messages italianemperor
ThunderThighs wrote:Our buyer traced down the problem. The vendor sent to our warehouses by ground instead of expedited. They're there now and will be shipped to you via expedited shipping. So sorry for the delay.

Support canceled order of Malt Salt. Is there any shot I can get it?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 539 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

italianemperor wrote:Support canceled order of Malt Salt. Is there any shot I can get it?

You can email them but if it was canceled, we probably just couldn't get it or our inventory count was wrong. Sorry.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

lnxpro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lnxpro

SO i got the 16oz package of bacon salt I ordered during the woot off on 12/12 and I got that already. this one, ordered a week before that, still hasn't shipped. very dissapointed in woot.

skiman10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skiman10
lnxpro wrote:SO i got the 16oz package of bacon salt I ordered during the woot off on 12/12 and I got that already. this one, ordered a week before that, still hasn't shipped. very dissapointed in woot.

Me too- got these for a small gift around the office (work with all guys, of course) and won't be able to give them out as our office is closed after tomorrow.

Ridiculous.

tkrueger15

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tkrueger15

I haven't received my bacon lip balm or my applewood smoke rub seasoning! Its been over 2 weeks now... I want to get them before christmas! Woot Please do something for us!