WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Fellow Wootlings,

Blogger/designer/developer/social media presence/ninja Philip Cathin here. You certainly saw my recent exposure in online content giant The Onion this week (40 million page views per month). In case you missed that link: Here it is again. (Phil Tip #41: Linking is Winning).

Given the ballooning of my Klout score following the article's publication, I will be leaving Woot to pursue private brand exposure/consulting/awesomeness. It's been real, Woot, but this bird's gonna fly.

As an expression of my gratitude for the ways in which this company has allowed me to maximize my own New Media/Web 4.0 presence, I would like to leave you all with some patented Phil Cathin "Words of Web Wisdom":

• Maximize synergy AT ALL TIMES.
  • Successful networks of all kinds experience exponential self-perpetuation.
  • Keep your Facebook friends close, and your Pinterest pins closer.
  • SEO is dead. Long live SEO.
  • Podbean?
  • Crossfit.
  • Whatever it takes, get a major satirical newspaper to write a story about you.

Follow these to the letter, and you could be the next P.Cath.

TL;DR: CYA, Woot.

Philip Cathin
Twitter: @pcatty
pcatty.tumblr.com
p dot cathin at hotmail dot com
Tout
Instagram: @pcatpics
cathingenious.deviantart.com
Friendster: Philip.Cathin

loatu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages loatu

As I was groping for anything meaningful to me in this article, the only thing that came to mind was, "Wow, that was a bad photoshop job..."

gottaturnupthesound

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gottaturnupthesound

Staff

I call dibs on his sweet office.

siarasta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages siarasta

Okay, bye...so where does everyone want to go for lunch?

bsmith1

quality posts: 105 Private Messages bsmith1

I wouldn't trust that Onion site. They think woot is a "software company". Pfffft. Where are they getting their facts?

Good luck, dude I just learned existed, I hope you find what you're looking for.

kenph2oski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kenph2oski

I'm thinking he used a older picture...

This looks like the REALLY Phillip!

woohooty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woohooty

If they put his 'brand' up on a woot-off it would be an apocalyptic woot-off killer. Worse than a leak frog. I think the poor little yellow lights would be revolving for days. We may never see the sold out sign again.

But it would establish his brand's market value. (IPO anyone?) Start at $1 and see who bites.

blade965

quality posts: 2 Private Messages blade965

Chirp, chirp, chirp... crickets, chirp, chirp, chirp.

The word vanity comes to mind...

Oh well, Good luck in building your brand!

dougers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dougers

I'm sure Phillip is a wonderful (although perhaps self-absorbed) guy but I don't even have enough interest to go to the Onion link.

TABK

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TABK

Philly Cheese munchkin, thanks for putting your pants on for the photo. Mom.

bamaster

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bamaster

Who?

jcolag

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jcolag

It's the end of an era...I guess. Assuming this is a real person and he's really leaving.

Which, good luck, man, probably. And congratulations or our deepest condolences or best wishes or whatever the heck sentiment you need.

It's been great pretending to know you, these past three minutes. Why, I remember when I first didn't meet you, you would have been so young...