windzilla


quality posts: 0 Private Messages windzilla
FubarGuy wrote:I got the notice that my model Shipped - yay!! But I can't see in the details how it will arrive - UPS, truck delivery, 8 tiny reindeer? Just wondering if I need to be home to accept it, and hide it from my thieving neighbors.

Oh yeah, when I click on the number under Order Tacking, it just cycles back to the detail page for the placed order.




Just wondering has anyone taken delivery yet?

FubarGuy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages FubarGuy
windzilla wrote:Just wondering has anyone taken delivery yet?



Nope, but a recent Amazon purchase arrived in ONE day! Too bad it's a huge KitchenAid mixer for a gift and they sent it in the original packaging & just left it on the front porch for my spouse to find when they got home before me. So much for the element of surprise.

karynm8621


quality posts: 0 Private Messages karynm8621

I have the same problem and customer service has been non existant in answering my email. I used to love woot but lately their customer service has left something to be desired. All i wasn't to know was how to track it so I could make sure that it would be all set upon arrival ..

big fail



FubarGuy wrote:I got the notice that my model Shipped - yay!! But I can't see in the details how it will arrive - UPS, truck delivery, 8 tiny reindeer? Just wondering if I need to be home to accept it, and hide it from my thieving neighbors.

Oh yeah, when I click on the number under Order Tacking, it just cycles back to the detail page for the placed order.



inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
karynm8621 wrote:I have the same problem and customer service has been non existant in answering my email. I used to love woot but lately their customer service has left something to be desired. All i wasn't to know was how to track it so I could make sure that it would be all set upon arrival ..

big fail



We've pinged customer service on your behalf.

I'm just hanging out, really.

karynm8621


quality posts: 0 Private Messages karynm8621
inkycatz wrote:We've pinged customer service on your behalf.



I guess your ping didn't do anything, I've heard nothing from customer service. In fact the last I ever heard from them was over a week ago with a case number and never got a response.

I have 3 snow storms on the way this week with no clue of where or when this order "might" show up. The tracking number woot gave simply sends me back to the original order page. The customer service orginally told me to "contact the shipping company" but has failed to tell me who that might be.

The snowthrower came up at the perfect time as I was looking to buy one. Sadly, with snow on the way, I'm sorry I didn't just spend the extra $200 locally so I could be prepared.

I wasn't asking for anything outrageous, just a way of finding out when it might be here...

windzilla


quality posts: 0 Private Messages windzilla
karynm8621 wrote:I have the same problem and customer service has been non existant in answering my email. I used to love woot but lately their customer service has left something to be desired. All i wasn't to know was how to track it so I could make sure that it would be all set upon arrival ..

big fail





I received a phone call yesterday from a local delivery firmo schedule my delivery for Monday. I hope you receive yours soon. There was a local number in my message as well as a 1800 number for what seems to be a national chain called home direct usa 8778195771. Perhaps they would be worth a try.

Merry Christmas and Happy holidays

Wz

karynm8621


quality posts: 0 Private Messages karynm8621




windzilla wrote:I received a phone call yesterday from a local delivery firmo schedule my delivery for Monday. I hope you receive yours soon. There was a local number in my message as well as a 1800 number for what seems to be a national chain called home direct usa 8778195771. Perhaps they would be worth a try.

Merry Christmas and Happy holidays

Wz



Thanks so much for that. They are saying it was scheduled to be delivered on the 12th but the shipment NEVER showed up so they couldn't deliver it

FubarGuy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages FubarGuy

Mine's scheduled to arrive this Wednesday - yay!

I agree with the previous Commenters though, why can't Woot update the Order Status page once a large item has been handed off to a delivery service, along with contact info so the buyer can track it down if needed? Seems like a no-brainer.

karynm8621


quality posts: 0 Private Messages karynm8621
FubarGuy wrote:Mine's scheduled to arrive this Wednesday - yay!

I agree with the previous Commenters though, why can't Woot update the Order Status page once a large item has been handed off to a delivery service, along with contact info so the buyer can track it down if needed? Seems like a no-brainer.



Snow storm last night ..Shipper says blower NEVER arrived and may be lost. Advised me to contact woot. Not bad considering woot customer service seems to be non existant

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
karynm8621 wrote:Snow storm last night ..Shipper says blower NEVER arrived and may be lost. Advised me to contact woot. Not bad considering woot customer service seems to be non existant



They exist! support@woot.com is here for you!

I'm just hanging out, really.

karynm8621


quality posts: 0 Private Messages karynm8621
inkycatz wrote:They exist! support@woot.com is here for you!



I've emailed several different times and gotten NO repsonse

karynm8621


quality posts: 0 Private Messages karynm8621
karynm8621 wrote:I've emailed several different times and gotten NO repsonse



Finally ...they refunded my money