WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

A Place For Your Butt

Regardless of how you feel about it, your butt is an important part of your body. It's what you use to sit, to dance, and it's what I stare at every time you walk by, no matter how many restraining orders you get. And it deserves a comfy place to sit. Show your butt some love, and make sure it never has to go without a comfy stool.

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

What's your preferred seat of choice?

I'm just hanging out, really.

clcaruthers

quality posts: 32 Private Messages clcaruthers

How ironic. I actually have the RST Living IP-BST1002-2BR ones in black (the brown leather ones are for sale here). They made it through two years of college abuse and are still holding up extremely well. Modern enough, but not over the top. I wouldn't think twice about buying another set at this price if they were in black!!!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

arismella

quality posts: 16 Private Messages arismella

I have a set of the Homelegance Padded Stools in white and love 'em. My place is somewhat of a bachelor pad (lots of dark wood, metal, black counters) and the white leather fits in with the setting (leather + chrome, can't go wrong) while adding some much-needed brightness.

There's a little bit of compression that happens when you sit on them (feels kind of like the shocks on a bike?) but they're really comfortable and adjust up/down easily.

Definitely a step up from the basic wooden bar stools.

fluffyreeves

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fluffyreeves

We got the Hillsdale Kingstown Barstool with Fabric Seat in two different Woots. We got five all together. Four were perfect, but one had to be sent back twice because the wooden back snapped in shipping. Woot got me a replacement and I have to say, this is the best quality, most comfortable stool I have ever had the pleasure to sit in. I am extremely happy with this purchase. So very worth the $$$.

Sambardo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Sambardo

Anyone got a link to reviews for these on amazon?

Curious what the regular price actually is since this isn't very much off the list price.

nowoot4u

quality posts: 9 Private Messages nowoot4u
Sambardo wrote:Anyone got a link to reviews for these on amazon?

Curious what the regular price actually is since this isn't very much off the list price.

I, uhh, wow...

http://www.amazon.com/Airlift-Swivel-Stool-Red-Homelegance/dp/B009O5ELMA/ref=sr_1_70?ie=UTF8&qid=1354684677&sr=8-70&keywords=homelegance+stool

$83 for set of 2, free shipping.

Woot? Wha goin on here?

LaVikinga

quality posts: 13 Private Messages LaVikinga
nowoot4u wrote:I, uhh, wow...

http://www.amazon.com/Airlift-Swivel-Stool-Red-Homelegance/dp/B009O5ELMA/ref=sr_1_70?ie=UTF8&qid=1354684677&sr=8-70&keywords=homelegance+stool

$83 for set of 2, free shipping.

Woot? Wha goin on here?

Possibly the Amazon set is slightly different? Look at the dimensions listed on that set: 17.5 L x 20.5 W x 37.5-46.5 H.

Wine may not heal all things, but it sure will make you feel a whole lot better.

slicey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slicey
LaVikinga wrote:Possibly the Amazon set is slightly different? Look at the dimensions listed on that set: 17.5 L x 20.5 W x 37.5-46.5 H.

The woot specs only say "Seat adjusts from 22.5 inches tall to 30.5 inches tall" - which would make the Amazon chairs taller (if they're really different). You would assume that if the Amazon set was larger, they would be more expensive, not less.

Also, the RST Living IP-BST2017-2CL Acrylic Barstool - 2 Pack listed for $125 on here (50% off list) is available on Amazon for $136.99. Makes me inclined to wait and make sure it's what I want since I can buy it there for just $7 more (free shipping).

slicey

The Circle Stool is only $91.50 on Amazon for a set instead of the $140 on woot.

slicey

Several different versions of the Logan Stool on Amazon for around $88, so this is a $13 savings. Not the best reviews on this one.

slicey

Excellent deal on the Garrison Stool here on Woot! for just $32. On Amazon, the same stool is $77.

So, you save $45 on the white version here or save $15 on the black one.

The Carolina Cottage Thomas stool is $68.39 on Amazon plus $10 shipping, so you save $16 by getting it here on woot!

gloreeea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gloreeea

The TMS Arizona Chestnut stool is $45 per stool on Amazon Arizona stool

On Woot you get two for $38 - great deal. Woot only has one color though - Amazon has three (but not the Woot color).

aderyn

quality posts: 10 Private Messages aderyn
gloreeea wrote:The TMS Arizona Chestnut stool is $45 per stool on Amazon Arizona stool

On Woot you get two for $38 - great deal. Woot only has one color though - Amazon has three (but not the Woot color).

I think you only get one of these, not a pair.

TheTexasTwister

quality posts: 12 Private Messages TheTexasTwister
inkycatz wrote:What's your preferred seat of choice?

Okay, so how does one NOT slip out of the RST Living IP-BST1002-2BR Brown Leather Barstool every time you sit in it? That thing looks like I would just flop right onto the floor each time I would try to park myself in one of them.

mchalk88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mchalk88

Any way to get a sample of these stools?

TheTexasTwister

quality posts: 12 Private Messages TheTexasTwister
mchalk88 wrote:Any way to get a sample of these stools?

You're going to need a bigger Petri Dish.

stascom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stascom

Bought 2 of these at Fred Meyer for $40. They pretty nice and very comfortable for a stool.
Assembly is a pain. Requires glue and careful alignment/balancing.

babystewie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages babystewie

http://slickdeals.net/f/5652070-Set-of-2-Modern-Black-Airlift-Bar-Stools-50-w-V-me

These are going for $50. If the ones on here are better quality, I don't mind paying the money. Anyone know the quality of these?

kmaglione

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kmaglione

The RST Living stools seem to be these on Amazon: http://amzn.com/B003I85K74/Klein-IP-BST1002-2BR-Leather-Barstool-2-Pack

There are others of a similar design for a lot cheaper, but most of them are faux leather, and have different adjustment handlers. They also seem to be consistently considerably more than the $125 they're going for here: http://camelcamelcamel.com/Klein-IP-BST1002-2BR-Leather-Barstool-2-Pack/product/B003I85K74

argent32

quality posts: 2 Private Messages argent32

I got mine yesterday - took about 30 minutes to build all three of them - rather impressed with their quality and comfort. My roommate loves them as well.

sapphires8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sapphires8
arismella wrote:I have a set of the Homelegance Padded Stools in white and love 'em. My place is somewhat of a bachelor pad (lots of dark wood, metal, black counters) and the white leather fits in with the setting (leather + chrome, can't go wrong) while adding some much-needed brightness.

There's a little bit of compression that happens when you sit on them (feels kind of like the shocks on a bike?) but they're really comfortable and adjust up/down easily.

Definitely a step up from the basic wooden bar stools.

sapphires8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sapphires8

mine don't go up and down. what's wrong?

sepling

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sepling

I received the wrong stools. Sent Woot an email on Wednesday. Received and email on Thursday asking for more information, which I provided, then have heard nothing. HMMMM. My first experience with woot customer service isn't going well. If these are truly sold out, it looks like I won't be able to get replacements either. Ball's in your court woot!

bensun13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bensun13

The stools are terrible, after sitting on it once (I weigh 160lbs) the stool bent and now wobbles.