WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Breweries have traditionally spent a lot of time designing distinctive, elaborate labels, which is weird because it's not like people need a lot of encouragement to drink beer. Just look at that plain can Archie Bunker drank: he knew it's what's on the inside that matters, not the outside. Anyway, if you've spent a lot of time locked in a lonely stare with a vessel of suds, you'll have no trouble identifying the beers and brewers associated with these visual chasers. Congratulations?

Answers are here. Please post your guesses, speculations, or arguments below! But know this: the Trivial Eye is presented for public amusement and no prizes are offered other than that familiar feeling of aggravation that so much of your mind is occupied by useless trivia.

Question: who's got three thumbs and wants more Trivial Eye? Answer: you after a grotesquely botched surgery.

sideshowmike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sideshowmike

my guesses:
1-- Harp?
2-- Killians?
3-- Budweiser
4-- Petroni
5-- Fat Tire
6-- Stelle Artois
7-- Sam Adams
8-- Miller High Life

edit-- ok, i just checked the answers. not bad :-)

lipophilia

quality posts: 11 Private Messages lipophilia

Ummm - I thought these were all going to be beer labels. Weakly colored water doesn't count as beer.

ellobie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ellobie

1- Guinness
2- Sierra Nevada?
5- New Belgium Fat Tire
6- Stella?
7- Sam Adams
8- High life!

arzasmi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arzasmi

1. Harp Lager
2. Deschutes (legit!)
3. Budweiser
4. Peroni?
5. New Belgium Fat Tire
6. Stella Artois
7. Sam Adams Boston Lager
8. Miller High Life

spiralspeaker11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spiralspeaker11

It's times like this I realize just how much working in Beer & Wine sales has rubbed off on me.

1 - Guinness Extra Stout
2 - Deschutes Brewery
3 - Budweiser classic lager (though I will also argue that this is not beer)
4 - Peroni Brewery
5 - New Belgium Brewing Company (not exclusive to the Fat Tire variety)
6 - Stella Artois
7 - Samuel Adams (this is an old one, the first redesigned label after the original [which featured the right hand pointing down] -- this was the last "Stoic Sam" label before they moved to the "party patriot" smiling Sam designs)
8 - Miller High Life (again, not real beer)

bsmith1

quality posts: 111 Private Messages bsmith1
spiralspeaker11 wrote:
8 - Miller High Life (again, not real beer)

It's the champagne of beers!

nickdngr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nickdngr

1. Guiness
2. Harp
3. Budweiser
4. Stella
5. Fat Tire
6. Heineken
7. Sam Adams
8. Rogue

Insomnix

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Insomnix

1: Coke
2: Pepsi
3: RC (Cola, not the car)
4: Sprite
5: Big Shot
6: 7UP (Cherry)
7: Barq's
8: MD 20/20

Do I win??!!

Jason Toon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon
Insomnix wrote:1: Coke
2: Pepsi
3: RC (Cola, not the car)
4: Sprite
5: Big Shot
6: 7UP (Cherry)
7: Barq's
8: MD 20/20

Do I win??!!

YES!

Jason Toon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon
spiralspeaker11 wrote:
7 - Samuel Adams (this is an old one, the first redesigned label after the original [which featured the right hand pointing down] -- this was the last "Stoic Sam" label before they moved to the "party patriot" smiling Sam designs)

In other words, you should have been writing this quiz, not me. Color me schooled!

spiralspeaker11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spiralspeaker11
Jason Toon wrote:In other words, you should have been writing this quiz, not me. Color me schooled!

Occupational hazard. Sometimes I feel like those brain cells should have been filled with more useful knowledge.

Though I've got to say, this label is my favorite. The original Sam was too morose and the current Sam looks like a frat boy I'd like to smack after a long day stocking cold cases.

"that familiar feeling of aggravation that so much of your mind is occupied by useless trivia."

YES.