3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

brettkvo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brettkvo

this watch would be cool if it wasn't for the glaring "converse" logo....

KyserSoze

quality posts: 18 Private Messages KyserSoze

Light colored face with light colored hands or dark colored face with dark colored hands makes every one of these hard to read.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

Without the date option, this watch is a no go for me.

that was fun while it lasted!

doomedtx

quality posts: 2 Private Messages doomedtx

I like the green one and the black one.

@KyserSoze Who wears a watch to read the time, anyways? That's what my iPhone is for!

Recent Woots:
Backpack of Crap
Candy Basket Salted Peanut Butter Cups
Snap Circuits SCXP-50

Omnivorous

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Omnivorous

A watch with a black face and black dial? I'd rather have an Archie McPhee backwards clock -- at least it confuses the visitors rather than just me.

jabluszko

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jabluszko

With dark hands on dark face or white on white, one can't really tell the time, but it's a nice opening to converse.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Ok, just called my buddy and he's going to go caption each photo with its color and size.

Also, the last photo is the blue one. Hard to tell. That may part of the confusion with the black watches.

EDIT: Photos are updated now so it should be easier.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

gnalch

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gnalch

Wow, Woot. Zillions of stylish watches in the world and this is the best you could do? I am disappoint.

bchivers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bchivers
brettkvo wrote:this watch would be cool if it wasn't for the glaring "converse" logo....

I so agree with you. I'd buy this watch if the face were all black. It's like they missed the whole point of their own design. (I guess they wanted to make a different point.)

rhycochet

quality posts: 16 Private Messages rhycochet

thanks for removing my question, because it hasn't been answered yet

if you check the pictures with white strap, you'll notice they are pretty different. one white strap clearly has plenty of black detailing, the other one only has one strap of black near the buckle.

do i need to screenshot this so i won't have to post it again when it's removed?

torgospizza

quality posts: 20 Private Messages torgospizza

Since they're analog these watches aren't Mac compatible, but I think they should work on my Heathkit EC-1 with a software update.

fireshadowed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fireshadowed
rhycochet wrote:thanks for removing my question, because it hasn't been answered yet

if you check the pictures with white strap, you'll notice they are pretty different. one white strap clearly has plenty of black detailing, the other one only has one strap of black near the buckle.

do i need to screenshot this so i won't have to post it again when it's removed?

I think the different amounts of black correspond to the different face sizes. Large face means that you have black for the plastic parts while small face means that you have white plastic parts. Note that this all depends on which color strap you have chosen.

MallCop

quality posts: 2 Private Messages MallCop

Ive got 20/10 vision and not a fan of metal or rubber bands... the black-on-black versions looking good for this fella

ThunderThighs

Staff

rhycochet wrote:thanks for removing my question, because it hasn't been answered yet

Whoops, sorry. I thought it was answered by the photo captioning. Was trying to clean up some so it was easier to scan the thread now that we fixed up the photos.

Yes, there are two white strap watches and they have different detailing. One is noted as the large face watch; the other as the small face watch.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

hehthuryo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages hehthuryo

I imagine the white straps would get stained very quickly even on a low maintenance day.

potatoboat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages potatoboat
Omnivorous wrote:A watch with a black face and black dial? I'd rather have an Archie McPhee backwards clock -- at least it confuses the visitors rather than just me.

well, there's a fella in Pawnee, Indiana called Tommy Fresh who really advocates the black on black. You should see his business cards.

furtech

quality posts: 0 Private Messages furtech

The only version that would be more impractical and even less desirable would be an LCD black-on-black model...

benshoof

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benshoof

What, no purple option? Sad!

peddiparth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages peddiparth

This must be the best revenge gift for the money.. Nothing says "I HATE YOU" like a watch built to camouflage time from you.

alweisz3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alweisz3

So the face comes in white or black but you can't choose which color?

jbenjimin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jbenjimin

Black watch with black band would be my choice, but I'd need to buy two to get that combo.

I personally like the black on black, I bet the hands are much easier to see in person than they are in the photos. (no experience with them, just guessing)

derek0001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derek0001

The Specs are overwhelming.

Notin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Notin

This would be better if you could choose your watch face and strap color separately... Red strap a black face would be awesome, but the only option for red strap is the white face.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Notin wrote:This would be better if you could choose your watch face and strap color separately... Red strap a black face would be awesome, but the only option for red strap is the white face.

Yeah, cool but that would we would have to open every box and disassemble the watches. Plus our warehouse monkeys aren't good with colors.

korhalx

quality posts: 2 Private Messages korhalx

Apparently Converse is lacking sales on their crappy shoes and have brought their attention to crappy wrist accessories. Perhaps a crappy eyepatch is in the future.

gwpriester

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gwpriester

Black dials are cool if you can see the hands, even in the dark.

This is a watch for people who are more into style than function.

Pass.

SurplusHP

quality posts: 7 Private Messages SurplusHP

Converse is cool. The Chuck Taylor star would have made it more cool.

But really I'm holding out for a PF Flyer watch. Run faster, jump higher.

Mandyvilla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mandyvilla
alweisz3 wrote:So the face comes in white or black but you can't choose which color?

I've noticed the exact puzzle. I'd buy one, but I don't want the white face.

KLibecco

quality posts: 1 Private Messages KLibecco
Mandyvilla wrote:I've noticed the exact puzzle. I'd buy one, but I don't want the white face.

I'll second that. I was going to start buying, picked my strap color and size.. .saw I couldn't select face/dial color, backed out.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Mandyvilla wrote:I've noticed the exact puzzle. I'd buy one, but I don't want the white face.

Scroll through the photos and look at the captions. There's differences between the small and large faces.

cjpowers

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cjpowers
gwpriester wrote:Black dials are cool if you can see the hands, even in the dark.

This is a watch for people who are more into style than function.

Pass.

Aren't most watches more about style than function? Otherwise we could all just wear a standard Timex.

Mrxiro

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Mrxiro

It doesn't look possible to get Red Strap Large black face is it? That's the option I'm looking for.

Xexus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus

Ugly watches need owners too.

Signature censored by Woot

beergas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beergas

Good comments. Have a canvas strap & it stays cool in hot weather, durable, Velcro. No fan of dark face & dumb logo. Price about only decent thing.

billthegunowner

quality posts: 12 Private Messages billthegunowner

"Don't you buy no ugly watch!"

Bill

cg2112

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cg2112
jbenjimin wrote:Black watch with black band would be my choice, but I'd need to buy two to get that combo.

I personally like the black on black, I bet the hands are much easier to see in person than they are in the photos. (no experience with them, just guessing)

Why would you need to buy two? Buy the large face watch with a black strap. Done.

StanleyS

quality posts: 4 Private Messages StanleyS
doomedtx wrote:@KyserSoze Who wears a watch to read the time, anyways? That's what my iPhone is for!

I've never dropped my watch in the toilet.

cg2112

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cg2112
cg2112 wrote:Why would you need to buy two? Buy the large face watch with a black strap. Done.

Wait, I take that back. It looks like you can't specify the face color. I was about to purchase, too, but the white face is ugly, don't want to risk it.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 15 Private Messages daveinwarshington

Great watch (for those that don't need to know what time it is).
After retirement, this may be the watch to wear!