emulloon

quality posts: 2 Private Messages emulloon

I leaped before I looked...or searched.

Ordered my White Face / Black strap in the hopes of being able to purchase additional straps and swapping them out as the mood (or shoe)fit. After about an hour of searching (Googs, Azon, ConV themselves) I cannot find the straps by themselves available for purchase. Very disappointed and looking to cancel my order, as this nullifies the whole reason I wanted it. Hopefully CS can help me! Anyone else tried looking for straps?

doomedtx

quality posts: 2 Private Messages doomedtx

I'm surprised this wasn't mentioned earlier, but The Mother Ship has these for $45 and up (those that are in stock).

I'd love to hear about the ability to read the face from someone who has seen the watch in person. I got burned by a Fossil watch that created a lot of hype because it was advertised in Maxim more than a year before its release. When the watch finally came out, it turned out Fossil used "enhanced" images in their advertising and you couldn't actually read the time while wearing the watch. Despite my earlier joke, that really is an important feature of a watch for me!

Recent Woots:
Backpack of Crap
Candy Basket Salted Peanut Butter Cups
Snap Circuits SCXP-50

vidhu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vidhu

How do I get the black dial and black strap?? When I chose black as an option its shows the black strap and white dial in the cart!

StanleyS

quality posts: 4 Private Messages StanleyS
emulloon wrote:Anyone else tried looking for straps?

You didn't mention searching on eBay. I've purchased watch bands there, although not in this style. (Isn't it called a NATO strap?)

scottstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scottstein

coal!!

ivanivanovich

quality posts: 24 Private Messages ivanivanovich
emulloon wrote:Anyone else tried looking for straps?

Any old strap should fit if it:

- is one-piece;
    - has two ends that
    - can be joined, and
    - is narrow and thin enough to fit through the gap....

and if it fits your wrist (or whatever body part you wrap it around).

So the traditional-style two-piece band with those annoying compressible posts won't work.

A one-piece rubber loop won't work.

Duct tape will work (trim to fit).

Sportzcoop

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Sportzcoop
cjpowers wrote:Aren't most watches more about style than function? Otherwise we could all just wear a standard Timex.

Or look at our phones, cable boxes, appliances, or any number of other places where there is a functioning clock. I've got three in my view as I type this. I'll admit one is a watch.

liquidsmoke420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages liquidsmoke420

I work in a busy restaurant and needed a basic watch that Im not afraid to get trashed a little. This is perfect.

sansclsmls

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sansclsmls
bchivers wrote:I so agree with you. I'd buy this watch if the face were all black. It's like they missed the whole point of their own design. (I guess they wanted to make a different point.)

Crazy company... putting their logo on their product. Make me guess who makes this watch! And what is all this crap interrupting my television shows? They keep showing me products and services!!

theend404

quality posts: 1 Private Messages theend404

Went in for one because I didn't have a watch that wasn't either metallic or rubber strap. Hoping I get black face but figure either should be okay with that olive color band. Definitely agree this will be more of a form over function.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
emulloon wrote:I leaped before I looked...or searched.

Ordered my White Face / Black strap in the hopes of being able to purchase additional straps and swapping them out as the mood (or shoe)fit. After about an hour of searching (Googs, Azon, ConV themselves) I cannot find the straps by themselves available for purchase. Very disappointed and looking to cancel my order, as this nullifies the whole reason I wanted it. Hopefully CS can help me! Anyone else tried looking for straps?

Hi there,
If you're looking to cancel your order, you should be able to do so through the "stuff you bought" section or by mailing support@woot.com!

I'm just hanging out, really.

beeceee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages beeceee

I think the face color confusion comes from mobile phone users. The captions aren't there on mobile. Easy solution is to view the full site or..large face black small face white.

Ordered mine! Love anything Converse!

Thanks, Woot!

mauimeow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mauimeow
cg2112 wrote:Wait, I take that back. It looks like you can't specify the face color. I was about to purchase, too, but the white face is ugly, don't want to risk it.

You can't choose the face color because the combinations are pre-determined. If there is a black face with black strap pictured, it will have a black face.

hickmania

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hickmania

[quote postid="5265984" user="doomedtx"]I'm surprised this wasn't mentioned earlier, but The Mother Ship has these for $45 and up (those that are in stock).
quote]

The 75% discount to MSRP ($65??) seems a little silly. Just goes to show how meaningless MSRP really is. I was going to say that at $15 these seem like overpriced junk; if you're looking to spend $65 on this watch, I have a whopper of a deal for you --- ten dollar bills that I would be happy to sell you for $20, which is a 50% discount to their $40 MSRP! What a deal!!(???)!!!

dieppe

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dieppe

Interesting. Lots of watches wanted in Utah, NO watches in Wyoming.

Do they just not need to know the time in Wyoming? In Utah, they need to catch up?

Mogar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Mogar
brettkvo wrote:this watch would be cool if it wasn't for the glaring "converse" logo....

Agreed. Would have been a purchase otherwise.

StanleyS

quality posts: 4 Private Messages StanleyS
brettkvo wrote:this watch would be cool if it wasn't for the glaring "converse" logo....

I feel the same about the Rolax logo on my watch. Wait..."Rolax"?

rhycochet

quality posts: 16 Private Messages rhycochet

just wanted to mention that black dial on black face would most likely not be as big of a problem as you'd imagine.

i own plenty of watches with that combination. the usual way you'd be able to tell time is simply to tilt your wrist so the watch isn't facing directly at you. per my experience, the sheen off the dial would be different from the faceplate and it's very easy to tell the time by the light reflected. usually, the faceplate is pretty much matte, so it's even easier.

Da5id

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Da5id
jbenjimin wrote:Black watch with black band would be my choice, but I'd need to buy two to get that combo.

I personally like the black on black, I bet the hands are much easier to see in person than they are in the photos. (no experience with them, just guessing)

I bet you have a drawer full of crappy watches you bought on the Internet.

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Converse Watch Sale
$15.99 + $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 95 Private Messages radi0j0hn

Timex is the new hip.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

mdnorman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman

I'm sorry wooters, but these really are just about the crappiest junk watches I have ever seen offered for sale.

slicey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slicey

Surprised everyone dissed these. I was planning on buying three, but didn't watch the ending time closely enough. my BFF loves converse & this would have been a great present.

irockash

quality posts: 3 Private Messages irockash

Anyone know where these are shipping from? The USPS link says tracking information isn't available online. But I guess it's consistent with the "watch that doesn't show time."

pyrodlx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pyrodlx

Arrived today in the mail.... The ladies one was well received by the Mrs. and the face isn't difficult to read (white face/black band)... The mens (black face/black band) was DOA :'( .... possibly a dead battery, gonna see if can be replaced and fixed.

Overall, they're sharp looking and comfortable.

I waste my time waiting for Woot to send my stuff.

izzimom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages izzimom

This is not cool...I thought it would be cool ...black on black..I just thought it was hard to see in photo...no guys..you get it and there is no cool reflection or cool secret way to make it visible. I got 2 for my 2 grandsons. and now they are going to think I am not cool at all and I went to a Van Halen concert a couple of years ago.

shamelessmt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shamelessmt

You know what's really not cool? The fact that the tracking number for my order just went live today (the 12th), even though Woot claimed to have shipped on the 6th.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
shamelessmt wrote:You know what's really not cool? The fact that the tracking number for my order just went live today (the 12th), even though Woot claimed to have shipped on the 6th.

Thanks for letting us know. Keep us updated on how it proceeds!

I'm just hanging out, really.

danmantyla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danmantyla

Just got mine in the mail and the colors are all wrong. Ordered two black, large watches and one red, small watch. Instead u got two small red watches and one large red watch.

What should I do? Obviously I don't want the wrong color watches. Only one out of the three is right.

shamelessmt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shamelessmt
inkycatz wrote:Thanks for letting us know. Keep us updated on how it proceeds!

So, as usual, it was a problem with USPS, not Woot. The order was delivered yesterday, but USPS hadn't bothered to update their tracking. Thank you Woot.

danmantyla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danmantyla
izzimom wrote:This is not cool...I thought it would be cool ...black on black..I just thought it was hard to see in photo...no guys..you get it and there is no cool reflection or cool secret way to make it visible. I got 2 for my 2 grandsons. and now they are going to think I am not cool at all and I went to a Van Halen concert a couple of years ago.

lol

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

danmantyla wrote:Just got mine in the mail and the colors are all wrong. Ordered two black, large watches and one red, small watch. Instead u got two small red watches and one large red watch.

What should I do? Obviously I don't want the wrong color watches. Only one out of the three is right.

sorry about that. you might contact Converse directly, or email Support@Woot.com for a resolution.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

trailtroll

quality posts: 2 Private Messages trailtroll

Not cool. I didn't notice that the hands and face were the same color till gift unwrapping commenced and someone said ... what the hell????? Grr.

slzx55

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slzx55

Black on Black, white on white. How do you 'spec to see tonight! Or in daylight for that matter, unless you get the right angle to the light to throw a shadow. Can't believe Woot allowed this through. To the moon with you. Woot-wiser, I have slowed way down...

huskador

quality posts: 0 Private Messages huskador

definitely a day time watch because you can't see the hands. More for a fashion statement than for utility. Cool looking though

redfreeman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redfreeman

Bring it back! I loved this watch and got so many compliments. Mine broke though and I can't find any others around this price. Please oh please bring it back!