WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Which of these popular 90s bands has aged the worse?
  • 13.5% - The Dave Matthews Band 275
  • 13.8% - Phish 281
  • 20.4% - Alice In Chains 417
  • 15% - The Red Hot Chili Peppers 307
  • 15.8% - Alanis Morissette 322
  • 16.8% - Oasis 344
  • 4.7% - I’ll see you in the comments with a band I actually hate. 97
2043 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

spitfire6006006

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spitfire6006006

The Dave Matthews Band has always been terrible, so I don't know if that counts as aging badly

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

worst.

The Würst Band, obviously.

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

1twistedjew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 1twistedjew
spitfire6006006 wrote:The Dave Matthews Band has always been terrible, so I don't know if that counts as aging badly

Oh no you didn't! Dave is god..

Samsause

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Samsause
spitfire6006006 wrote:The Dave Matthews Band has always been terrible, so I don't know if that counts as aging badly

Kill yourself.

Sam

Superllama7

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Superllama7
Samsause wrote:Kill yourself.

- Jerry Cantrell, upon hearing his buddy Layne say he was starting to dig this "Dave Matthews Band"

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor
Samsause wrote:Kill yourself.

Good idea, most people would rather do that than listen to Dave Matthews. Dave Matthews Band exists to let people know that suicide isn't that bad.

mdkopper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdkopper

Stones

ejricha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ejricha

Grammar! It's "worst", not "worse".

But probably Alice in Chains, really haven't been the same since Layne died.

bbkf

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bbkf

dave mathews band aged shortly after their first album came out. But then again, so didn't the rest of those bands besides phish. Phish albums have always sucked. Its phish concerts that keep them alive.

willybbridge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages willybbridge

DMB figured it out. Its hard to age when you keep releasing the same album over and over. Every song - "WHHHHHAAAATTT WOULD YOOOOUUU SAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!??!"

ccstompnet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ccstompnet

agreed

HomerTime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HomerTime

Yep. Trick question. I didn't fall for it either.

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7

Who cares? Rock died in 1978 and didn't get resurrected until the next century.

ejblrats

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ejblrats

Alanis is still HOT! Well, as hot as a Canadian can be...

davemays123

quality posts: 7 Private Messages davemays123

Hmm, I was surprised by Alice in Chains leading, because I thought they were referring to the staying power of the music as opposed to how the band themselves is holding up. Obviously AIC isn't the same without Layne, so I guess that is 'aging worse'. I think their music has aged better than just about anyone else.

I voted Oasis, because even though I found them whiny and insufferable back then, they are somehow even worse when I occasionally hear them on the radio today. But at least they were deluded, "bigger than the beattles" hahahahahahahaha

daniil89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daniil89

I just voted for the band that sucked the most, dmb. Can't stand that maneur. If it were a vote for which is the best band On that list definitely alice in chains.

Dmb exists to remind people suicide isn't that bad, hahaha dude that's incredible. I'm going to use that for any band I despise, thank you.

Sardinicus

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Sardinicus

No Hootie?

No Blues Traveler?

No Spin Doctors?

No Smash Mouth?

mainemuler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mainemuler

I hafta say it is Guns and Roses

Do not look to the sky, it will not rain for you. - Warren Haynes

314edpiper

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 314edpiper

I'm sorry but Gun's and Roses frontbiatch Axl Rose has aged the worst. He looks like crap and acts like a whiny old man who gets off on being unhappy!

I would say 'Good day,' but 'SUCK IT" sounds better...

314edpiper

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 314edpiper

Hahahahahah! Nice. South Park creators would be proud of your comment...and so am I eh!

ejblrats wrote:Alanis is still HOT! Well, as hot as a Canadian can be...

I would say 'Good day,' but 'SUCK IT" sounds better...

TruBluTopaz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TruBluTopaz

The real question should be "how many of you remember any of these bands at all?"

Trublutopaz, Queen of the Nil (sic)

tkuhoh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tkuhoh

Good point the second highest grossing tour band of all time is terrible......

q334r50

quality posts: 2 Private Messages q334r50

(Ahem) -- uuum, the question isn't "gone downhill", it's "age the worst" in the sense of, "I can't believe this gift was once popular. What the hell is monkey on a chain? And why is he singing like a bad South Park parody song?" /NasalNerdVoice

I was just listening to No Excuses the other day while playing street hockey in my Soul Asylum t-shirt (with a long-sleeve underneath, of course), and it sounded great. Screw all of you.

rejiii

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rejiii

Ditto on Dave Matthews Band being terrible.

amagnes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amagnes

In 2004 I would've said Phish was up there as having aged the worse. They're off the board now.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

rejiii wrote:Ditto on Dave Matthews Band being terrible.

BLASPHEMY!!!

thestickyb

quality posts: 3 Private Messages thestickyb

I can't believe there are that many DMB haters on Woot! His music is exceptional and his concerts are even better.

How about the band that has aged the best? Tool.

Bracksis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bracksis

Weezer.

Blue ad Pinkerton are excellent albums, but everything has been on the downward slope since then. Such a bummer.

elawson89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elawson89

Nirvana