kratz9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kratz9
plkiley wrote:Kodak Distributor here again. I can assure you 100% these batteries are 100% new batteries (manufactured within last 6 months or less) and 100% manufactured by Kodak. Yes they are manufactured in China, but as has been mentioned, all High Value battery brands are now manufactured in China.

False. There are plenty of Energizer, Duracel, and Rayovac brand alkaline batteries in the store that are stamped "Made In USA".

nanaejt

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nanaejt
plkiley wrote:Kodak Distributor here again. I can assure you 100% these batteries are 100% new batteries (manufactured within last 6 months or less) and 100% manufactured by Kodak. Yes they are manufactured in China, but as has been mentioned, all High Value battery brands are now manufactured in China.

Seems Kodak has the alkaline XTRALIFE and the Max,how do they differ?

plkiley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plkiley
nanaejt wrote:Seems Kodak has the alkaline XTRALIFE and the Max,how do they differ?

Same exact battery.

plkiley

kratz9 wrote:False. There are plenty of Energizer, Duracel, and Rayovac brand alkaline batteries in the store that are stamped "Made In USA".

Neither Energizer nor Duracell are anywhere close to falling into the "Value Brand" category, and Rayovac only in some, limited avenues, and Rayovac is by and large still more expensive on a daily basis in most everyday retail avenues (with some exceptions with Rayovac now and then of course). Energzier & Duracell are both high quality batteries, but they clearly fall into the Premium Price category, not the Value category. There is no question that you will typically get quality performance with most Energizer or Duracell, (and everybody knows this), but you will always pay twice as much for either of those, and most often more for Rayovac as well (with some exceptions) as compared to Kodak. Value doesn't mean very best quality and it doesn't mean very best price. Value does mean Good Quality at a Good Price! ...which Kodak Alkaline delivers ... and Guarantees! ...or your money back!

scallywak

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scallywak

doesn't stuff sell out any more? the old woot had some sort of urgency to your decision to buy or not buy. These days, it never seems to sell out, hence no urgency on my part. Jus' sayin'

hookhams

quality posts: 4 Private Messages hookhams

In for 1 since I still have a few left over from the last pack a year or two ago?

I'm going to donate 1/2 the 72pk and and replenish some of the kids toys so I can go hand them off to the consignment stores.

I really do hope to help as many people as possible this season!!

kjrehberg

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kjrehberg

I'm buying these to replace those dry-cell Fuji batteries I bought from Woot! in December, 2011, about one year ago. Those batteries have recently started to quietly soak my precious electronics in leaking battery fluid.

Indychick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Indychick

Check out the Woot Map . . . what's up with Utah?

Bobbb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bobbb
Ringo4422 wrote:Just FYI, these are not junk batteries. You don't know what you are talking about.

Low budget batteries from a Bankrupt company and you think these can possibly be good? You have no clue.
Nothing Kodak has been any good for a long long time. Hence the Bankruptcy

96 Rayovacs that last as long as Duracells $21 Shipped
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Rayovac-AA-or-AAA-Battery-Value-Bundle-96-count-Save-4.00/21910230

maybejet

quality posts: 6 Private Messages maybejet
nanaejt wrote:I've bought these Kodak batteries in the past from Woot and they have worked fine for me,not quite as good as the Kirkland brand but close.
LOL,somehow I think Costco will continue to do well without you buying a membership

Costco is the 3rd largest retailer in the U.S. (behind Wal-Mart & Kroger) and the 7th largest retailer in the world by sales, as well as ranking #25 on the Fortune 500.
It's worked out well for you and Costco,so lets keep things as they are.

Thank you for the finance report. Wal-Mart Corp., which includes Sam's Club, is the #1 retailer in the world.

Now that we have those numbers out of the way, you completely missed my point. Posting Club prices to an open forum is like stating, "My buddy works for Energizer and gets me all the batteries I need for free. This deal sucks!" Not everyone has a friend who works for a battery company, just like not everyone has Sam's or CostCo memberships or access to a nearby Club.

Side Note: If CostCo did locate in my city, I would get a membership. The CostCo non-grocery (GM) product line varies from Sam's Club, so having both memberships would compliment each other...and eventually put me in the poor house from buying bargains!

plkiley

Bobbb wrote:Low budget batteries from a Bankrupt company and you think these can possibly be good? You have no clue.
Nothing Kodak has been any good for a long long time. Hence the Bankruptcy

96 Rayovacs that last as long as Duracells $21 Shipped
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Rayovac-AA-or-AAA-Battery-Value-Bundle-96-count-Save-4.00/21910230

I'm sorry but you couldn't be any farther off base and inaccurate on this. The Eastman Kodak Company fell into bankruptcy protection while restructuring as a result of the rapid decline in film usage due to the rapid rise in digital technology ... and yes, their inability to more rapidly adapt to the digital wave. That said, the Quality of Kodak products has never, ever been in question and Kodak has remained known and respected by industry peers and consumers alike for the Highest Quality standards in all their products and services. Kodak has indeed made corporate governance misteps over the years, but a lack of Quality has never been one of them.

wgmartin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wgmartin
jikkme wrote:Polaroid yesterday, Kodak today. Must be washed up camera company week at Woot. Anyone have these batteries? Opinions?

I don't know how often the "Kodak" name gets put on different companies' batteries, but I'll never buy any with that brand name again. I had some Kodak-branded "AA"s leak inside a little-used Sony TV remote, destroying it and eliminating the ability to reprogram the TV ever (that is, a generic remote could do the tuning/volume/etc functions but not the menu-level actions). I consider that to be a multi-hundred-$ level of damage.

Those "AA"s were bought as a regular retail purchase, not as any discount deal.

I can never trust them.

plkiley

wgmartin wrote:I don't know how often the "Kodak" name gets put on different companies' batteries, but I'll never buy any with that brand name again. I had some Kodak-branded "AA"s leak inside a little-used Sony TV remote, destroying it and eliminating the ability to reprogram the TV ever (that is, a generic remote could do the tuning/volume/etc functions but not the menu-level actions). I consider that to be a multi-hundred-$ level of damage.

Those "AA"s were bought as a regular retail purchase, not as any discount deal.

I can never trust them.

Unfortunately, as has happened to many brands (including even Duracell & Energizer), their have been unscrupulous people & companies who have partaken in the unauthorized resale of the Kodak name on batteries that weren't manufactured by Kodak, or were already partially used (in single use cameras) and not authorized for resale. It is a shame (not to mention a crime) that hurts the Kodak name and all associated with it who are honest & hard working. Most unauthorized potentially "sketchy" packs list just the name as "Kodak", or even just "Alkaline" on the pack. That said, if the batteries and/or packaging say "Kodak Xtralife" Alkaline or "Kodak Max" Alkaline, you know you're safe and getting a High Quality, first rate product.

krylon360

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krylon360

Woot. Nice job on responding to my ticket in a timely manner. Now my order is on it's way to a place I no longer live in.

kbstanciel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kbstanciel

Was looking to get my batteries (144) instead I got 2 childrens books...

???

DuggleBogey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages DuggleBogey

Eight days after ordering and these haven't shipped yet...

Is there any chance for these to be delivered before Xmas?

DuggleBogey

kbstanciel wrote:Was looking to get my batteries (144) instead I got 2 childrens books...

???

Interesting.

I predict yet another Woot cancellation for me. I haven't had a successful order from Woot in quite a while.

I guess if a deal looks too good to be true, it usually is.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

DuggleBogey wrote:Eight days after ordering and these haven't shipped yet...

kbstanciel wrote:Was looking to get my batteries (144) instead I got 2 childrens books...

???

Sorry to hear that you guys are experiencing issues with orders.

Please email Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be glad to answer and assist you with questions or concerns you may have with your purchases.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

DuggleBogey wrote:Eight days after ordering and these haven't shipped yet...

Duggle, check your private messages - the envelop at the top of these posts to the right of Everything But Woot.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

DuggleBogey

ThunderThighs wrote:Duggle, check your private messages - the envelop at the top of these posts to the right of Everything But Woot.

Thank you for your help Thunder. I got an email late last night that the order had shipped. Luckily for me I live in Tennessee and the items are coming from Memphis so there's a good chance they will make it in time to be included with the Xmas gifts.

RacerMike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RacerMike

Still no batteries. I'd like to install them in toys so I can get the toys wrapped. You'd think 2 weeks is plenty of time...

ROGETRAY

Staff

RacerMike wrote:Still no batteries. I'd like to install them in toys so I can get the toys wrapped. You'd think 2 weeks is plenty of time...

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received any shipping information yet.

I've forwarded your post onto Woot Member Services to see if they can help find a solution to this issue.

ROGETRAY

Staff

RacerMike wrote:Still no batteries. I'd like to install them in toys so I can get the toys wrapped. You'd think 2 weeks is plenty of time...

Please check you PM inbox (the envelope at the top of these posts to the right of Everything But Woot), as I have sent you updated information regarding your order.

RacerMike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RacerMike

Thank you. Shipping information for replacement order received.

ROGETRAY wrote:Please check you PM inbox (the envelope at the top of these posts to the right of Everything But Woot), as I have sent you updated information regarding your order.

tom951

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tom951

What a great deal. Everyone can use batteries. I was really charged up when they arrived. I hope they come up again because I'm using them all the time. Thank you WOOT.