subslug

quality posts: 1 Private Messages subslug

Here's the one we just bought at Costco. http://www.costco.com/Reebok%C2%AE-Competitor-RT-5.1-Treadmill.product.11673507.html
Not the same brand or model but the specs are near identical and it's less $$. Delivery included too. The girl in the photos isn't quite as hot but, your results may vary.

tckkelly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tckkelly

Just return a similar Sole model due to incline. Spec says 0-15 degrees, but 0 is not 0. Even at the lowest setting you're still running up a significant hill. Checked other models at the store - other manufacturers were flat but all Sole models are inclined. Not a good option for a distance runner.

sain

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sain

I have owned the F80 for slightly over 2 years. Got it from D followed by ick's Sporting Goods. They delivered and installed the thing. (Why does D followed by ick get replaced with Candy Cane? ;-)

I have over 1500 miles on it, using it mainly when it is too cold to walk outside (living in NJ makes that 4-5 months a year). My wife and I use it regularly, and my daughter uses it occasionally, son, even less so.

It is sturdy and takes the pounding (I am 210 lbs and only walk).

I have had two issues with it - the front and rear rollers had to be replaced. It was under warranty (2 year cmplete warranty) and I had to pay nothing. These were done at different times - the front roller about 4 months after purchase and the rear roller about a year after purchase.

I have nothing but praise for it.

Too many Woots to fit here :-(

deppdepp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deppdepp
subslug wrote:Here's the one we just bought at Costco. http://www.costco.com/Reebok%C2%AE-Competitor-RT-5.1-Treadmill.product.11673507.html
Not the same brand or model but the specs are near identical and it's less $$. Delivery included too. The girl in the photos isn't quite as hot but, your results may vary.

I'm comparing these two now. Have to pay tax for both Woot and Costco.

spyder40

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spyder40

Is this the 2011 model or the new 2013 model? The 2011 appears to have issues.

john928

quality posts: 0 Private Messages john928

I've had the F65 for three years. It is an excellent machine and has taken a pounding. I had an issue with the chest strap not working and SOLE sent one out the next day. Great customer service and a quality product.

iowawoman54

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iowawoman54
kennyboy020 wrote:I sell fitness equipment at a major retail store. IMO SOLE at regular price are overpriced. Nordictrack usually has more features at a lower price point. In terms of reliability I see about the same number of issues between SOLE and Nordictrack, things like the console going bad or gear noise. Rarely something like the logic board or a motor winding goes out.
This is one of the last models to have actual buttons on the console. The newer ones have these annoying flat "buttons" that are under the console, the panel is totally flat. Nordictrack, Pro-form and others use the same type of buttons. Overall I think SOLE are better built machines but 90% of owners will never use them anywhere close to max.
At this price its a no-brainer.

Kennyboy, I have someone who will use this who weights 320 and the weight restriction is 325, will this machine be able to handle that?

scapsinger

quality posts: 22 Private Messages scapsinger

If you're looking for a good deal on some exercise equipment, I just added one to the Woot deals page:

TODAY ONLY $600 off Bowflex X2SE + FREE Schwinn® 120 ($299.00 value) + FREE Shipping for $999 + free shipping

radhak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages radhak

For those who know or can hazard an educated guess -

a. This must be the 2011 model, but while the slightly lesser features compared to the 2013 model don't bother me, what about the software issues I see reported on Amazon? Were they far-and-few between, or maybe they were fixed?

b. The most ubiquitous name in Treadmills is ProForm. How does this offer compare with a Proform at the same price range (the 505 or the 590)?

Kennyboy, I liked your reference to the buttons; never liked the modern kind that are all touch screen or imitate touch screen.

nechronius

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nechronius
deppdepp wrote:I'm comparing these two now. Have to pay tax for both Woot and Costco.

Unless the model in the Sole picture is really tiny (which makes her even hotter) the size of the track might be a factor. The other one has a noticeably smaller track, which might be good for smaller spaces, but personally I think opting for the larger track is the wiser decision and worth a few extra dollars.

sharkseek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sharkseek
scapsinger wrote:If you're looking for a good deal on some exercise equipment, I just added one to the Woot deals page:

TODAY ONLY $600 off Bowflex X2SE + FREE Schwinn® 120 ($299.00 value) + FREE Shipping for $999 + free shipping

link says "hmmm, we can't find that deal"

Though my soul may set in darkness
It will rise in perfect light
For I have loved the stars too fondly
To be fearful of the night.
----Sarah Williams

ckemph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ckemph

Does anyone know if this is the 'previous' model with the software issues, or the current model? I believe the previous model is the 2011 year model.

deppdepp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deppdepp
nechronius wrote:Unless the model in the Sole picture is really tiny (which makes her even hotter) the size of the track might be a factor. The other one has a noticeably smaller track, which might be good for smaller spaces, but personally I think opting for the larger track is the wiser decision and worth a few extra dollars.

The size of running surface of both is 20*55. Both looks narrow to me.

nechronius

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nechronius
deppdepp wrote:The size of running surface of both is 20*55. Both looks narrow to me.

I stand corrected and am man enough to admit that. Then I stand by my statement that the Sole model is smaller and therefore hotter.

gesnerj59

quality posts: 9 Private Messages gesnerj59

According to this link, the 2011 model's software issues have not been resolved. Deal Breaker.

http://www.consumersearch.com/treadmills/sole-f63

bchrist825

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bchrist825
FryeGuy93 wrote:Is this unit substantial (and attractive) enough to hang up the numerous clothing items as well as holiday decoration boxes that will be stacked on it over the years.

I'm tired of treadmills that look great now but after a few year in the garage and family room begin to break down under the stress of normal storage stacking duties.

Will a folding ironing board fit comfortably across the rails.

Hey Frye,
I can't believe no one commented on the most hilarious post in WOOT history! The amount of effort and comedic styling... IMPECCABLE!!

dosbornetx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dosbornetx

Is there an extended warranty that can be purchased for the F63 if it is bought through Woot?

patnshan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages patnshan

I just ordered one to replace my wife's cheapy Sears model that is ready to die. Seems like a great price on an awesome machine. I may even use it.
Woot!
Pat

patnshan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages patnshan
bchrist825 wrote:Hey Frye,
I can't believe no one commented on the most hilarious post in WOOT history! The amount of effort and comedic styling... IMPECCABLE!!

Agreed. This is absolutely tremendous. Did you take this photo at my sister's house? How did you get in? :D
Pat

whatthewoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whatthewoot

I own this treadmill and it is great. The motor could be stronger but I run on it about 30 minutes a day and I"m 180 lbs and so far no issues. I picked mine up from their distribution center in Salt Lake - it was a returned unit so I have no warranty, and I paid almost this much. For a new one with the lifetime warranty this is a no-brainer. Their customer service is also rumored to be really good.

whatthewoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whatthewoot
enaych wrote:I've had one of these for nearly 3 years and no problems other than a bit of stiffness and squeakiness when it's gone too long w/o lubrication. Very happy with it. Only thing I wish was that the fan direction was adjustable (maybe newer models have this?).

Yes. The new model has a fan that you can point at yourself (or not). It's adjustable.

CatCK

quality posts: 52 Private Messages CatCK

Oh sure ... post a treadmill the day after you post those salted caramels and wonderful cheeses.

Are you trying to tell us something, Woot?

Leto

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Leto

Are the software errors people complain about common to the F83/F85 2011 models on sale as well? Or only the F63?

n2fob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages n2fob

I have made 203 Woot purchases over the years and very happy with everything I purchased. Currently Woot is cancelling my orders and blaming my American Express card as being denied. Amex says the card is fine and the vendor (Woot) has a problem. Woot won't reply to my emails, I want to buy more stuff from woot, but can't. I'm using my AMEX card elsewhere. I figure if I post this message maybe then Woot will respond to this problem.

SESteve

quality posts: 15 Private Messages SESteve

I'd love to see a great Woot! deal on an elliptical machine. I know they aren't as useful for stacking laundry, but it would be a lot easier on my crappy knees.

iwarriorwalk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iwarriorwalk

It only has a 2.5 horsepower motor.

If you plan on doing any serious running (or even walking) and want this to last, I would look elsewhere.

HOWEVER, the price for what you are getting is reasonable. I just think it's better to spend a little more and get more (but I'm a serious treadmill user). My treadmill has a 4 horsepower motor.

MacGarage

quality posts: 6 Private Messages MacGarage
iwarriorwalk wrote:It only has a 2.5 horsepower motor.

If you plan on doing any serious running (or even walking) and want this to last, I would look elsewhere.

HOWEVER, the price for what you are getting is reasonable. I just think it's better to spend a little more and get more (but I'm a serious treadmill user). My treadmill has a 4 horsepower motor.

How many amps are required for the larger treadmills though? I noticed that even the 3.0 HP ones require a 20amp breaker.

I am hoping to find what the actual amp draw is on this one or the larger one they have listed.

subslug

quality posts: 1 Private Messages subslug
SESteve wrote:I'd love to see a great Woot! deal on an elliptical machine. I know they aren't as useful for stacking laundry, but it would be a lot easier on my crappy knees.

Maybe you just need a treadmill and an electric wheelchair. Why stand when you can sit?

brdcmpbll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brdcmpbll

does shipping increase the price?

gunjobs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gunjobs
BigMax7 wrote:I just assembled the F80 which is pretty much the same design. It took less than 1 hour. Install the uprights with about 5 screws each, the console with 4 screws after clipping 3 wiring harnesses together and then then securing 6 plastic pieces that hide the connections with about 14 screws. Anyone can do it if you read the directions. Don't pay someone to do it.

Thanks guys

alansdaman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages alansdaman

It's a 2.5 hp motor. That works out to 1.86 kw. A 120v 20A is 2.4kw but per code you use 80% of that, or 1.92kw. Also, that motor has a power factor of .85 or less. So actual max draw is 1.86/.85 = 2.2kw. That doesn't leave much room for the other loads (the display and the thing that adjusts treadmill incline).

That draw is only at max speed, and KW draw will fall off at a cubed rate ((operating speed / 100%)^3). So it is unlikely us mere mortals will operate it at 100%. At 50%, you'll be drawing 12.5% of max kw. That's 275 watts. That leave plenty of room for an air conditioner but startup amps might trip your breaker if both cycle at the same time.

MacGarage wrote:Does anyone know what the actual ampere use is for this model?

I saw in the manual where it requires a 15 amp circuit but was wondering what the draw is during use (i.e. using Kill-A-Watt).

I have an older treadmill and in my fitness room, I have a window AC and and a 20 amp breaker and all works well.

Also, any measurements of it when folded?

Frankster14

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Frankster14

now ready for a similar deal on a stationary bike, woot...

MacGarage

alansdaman wrote:It's a 2.5 hp motor. That works out to 1.86 kw. A 120v 20A is 2.4kw but per code you use 80% of that, or 1.92kw. Also, that motor has a power factor of .85 or less. So actual max draw is 1.86/.85 = 2.2kw. That doesn't leave much room for the other loads (the display and the thing that adjusts treadmill incline).

That draw is only at max speed, and KW draw will fall off at a cubed rate ((operating speed / 100%)^3). So it is unlikely us mere mortals will operate it at 100%. At 50%, you'll be drawing 12.5% of max kw. That's 275 watts. That leave plenty of room for an air conditioner but startup amps might trip your breaker if both cycle at the same time.

Thanks. That was helpful!

skrutinizr

quality posts: 8 Private Messages skrutinizr

If woot had a pair of inline skates as a combo deal, I'd be in. I found that you can combine both "sports" into a really easy workout.

rickeybobby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rickeybobby

Can anyone provide a clue as to the delivery time?

iorlovich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iorlovich

Looking at the weight of the thing- how is it partitioned in the box? Is it a huge frame plus a few smaller pieces or are they all reasonably liftable? Just checking if I need help carrying it in once it shows up.

mikejenkins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikejenkins

I have a SOLE elliptical, and I must say they have the friendliest, most helpful customer service department I have ever dealt with.

MacGarage

Has anyone received shipping information yet?

alexlwilliamson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alexlwilliamson
MacGarage wrote:Has anyone received shipping information yet?

Yes, just a few minutes ago. The tracking info link is to UPS, but neither I nor the UPS website think it looks like a UPS tracking number.

arhuizenga

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arhuizenga
MacGarage wrote:Has anyone received shipping information yet?

Yes, but I don't recognize the tracking number, and when I click on the link, it brings me right back to the order summary page. Not sure what to make of that...