patnshan


quality posts: 1 Private Messages patnshan
arhuizenga wrote:Yes, but I don't recognize the tracking number, and when I click on the link, it brings me right back to the order summary page. Not sure what to make of that...



I get the same thing. I hear this is truck shipped and they need to call you to set up a time. If that is true, you think they'd make that contact before they say "shipped". Maybe they are driving around in circles with our treadmills?;)

illinigirl


quality posts: 0 Private Messages illinigirl

Did anyone get the second call to set up delivery? I got the first call Monday and it said I would get the second call on Tuesday, but so far I have not heard anything more...

alexlwilliamson


quality posts: 0 Private Messages alexlwilliamson
illinigirl wrote:Did anyone get the second call to set up delivery? I got the first call Monday and it said I would get the second call on Tuesday, but so far I have not heard anything more...



Mine is scheduled for drop-off tomorrow afternoon. How they handle delivery is in the hands of the freight company. Mine shipped via ABF, not sure if they all did. Check if your tracking number works as abfs.com

illinigirl


quality posts: 0 Private Messages illinigirl

Thanks for the info! I tried tracking it there but it didn't seem to work. Hopefully I'll here more soon...

alexlwilliamson wrote:Mine is scheduled for drop-off tomorrow afternoon. How they handle delivery is in the hands of the freight company. Mine shipped via ABF, not sure if they all did. Check if your tracking number works as abfs.com



chetanw


quality posts: 0 Private Messages chetanw

illinigirl


quality posts: 0 Private Messages illinigirl

Thank you very much! I see the delivery is scheduled... though I didn't get the second call. Luckily the time frame works well for me

chetanw wrote:Use this to track your delivery

http://www.homedirectusa.com/hdusaoms/trackShipment.htm?wayBill=woot_tracking_number



stoner72


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stoner72

Make sure you understand the shipping. Unless you work around the corner you'll have to take the day off to wait around for shipping on the day it comes. I didn't understand what was involved in the freight shipping.

I asked freight company if I could come to their warehouse to pick up since I couldn't be home to sign. They won't hold without shipping company authorization.

Emailed woot to ask them to have FC hold. Woot simply replied they aren't the shipping company.

Spoke with FC again, they said Amazon is the shipping company. Several live chats and email to Amazon reveals they won't recognize their own shipping reference numbers. Follow up email to woot confirms Amazon is the shipping company. And basically confirms nobody in the process is going to help you out.

Summary: Neither woot nor amazon is willing to work with you on handling a shipping issue. And the FC is not going to risk messing up or losing the order. I simply want to drive MY truck to FC warehouse and pick up the order and noone is willing to lift a finger to help out.

You'll end up taking it in the shorts. The money you save on the item will be lost when you have to take the day off from work to sign a piece of paper.

My previous glowing recommendations of woot (and amazon, woot's parent company/affiliate) will now change to anyone I have in the past or will recommend in the future: buy the small crap here to save a couple bucks. Buy from somewhere else if you want customer service.

arhuizenga


quality posts: 1 Private Messages arhuizenga

Received my treadmill today. It is the 2011 model (I was under the impression it was the 2012; hopefully no software issues that I've been reading about).

One comment - the freight company that delivered the treadmill did not leave a good impression. The box was severely beat up (I took some pictures; so far no apparent damage on the treadmill), and the only person there to deliver it was the driver, who said there was no way he'd be able to lift it himself (at 275 lbs, I don't blame him). So I got to be an unofficial delivery person that day and help lift a big heavy box out of the truck. The driver was a really nice guy, and I felt bad they sent him by himself. I think he was more relieved that I turned out not to be a little old lady, and was strong enough to help him lift it.

nathlar


quality posts: 1 Private Messages nathlar

The shipping company delivered my treadmill today. They told my 16 year old daughter that she had to sign for it and then left this in the garage.

I would have refused it, but they intimidated her into signing. I expect a call tag to pick this up and a replacement or refund.

https://picasaweb.google.com/FurBound/DamagedTreadmill?authuser=0&feat=directlink#

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

nathlar wrote:The shipping company delivered my treadmill today. They told my 16 year old daughter that she had to sign for it and then left this in the garage.

I would have refused it, but they intimidated her into signing. I expect a call tag to pick this up and a replacement or refund.

https://picasaweb.google.com/FurBound/DamagedTreadmill?authuser=0&feat=directlink#



We're sorry to hear that you received your order in the condition you described.

I'll forward your post along to
Woot Member Services, please also make sure to email into support@woot.com so they can also attend to this issue.

Sincerely,
Forum Moderator

MacGarage


quality posts: 6 Private Messages MacGarage

I received mine yesterday. I did seem to take a bit long to deliver seeming that the treadmill was picked up just about 100 miles from my house and then just sat in their warehouse (Home Direct). It was nice having it placed in my work out area when it was delivered.

My box was also very beat-up with both ends opened up and several two plus foot long holes ripped out of both the top and bottom of the box.

However, upon removing the lid of the box, the treadmill was packed pretty well. Upon removing all of the packing material I only noticed several nicks in the metal.

The one odd thing is there were several very large foot prints on the tread and on the frame sides! Since this is from China, I am guessing it is either from the damage during shipping or and I hope it is not the case, it was not a new treadmill.

It did take the stated hour to assemble and it was pretty straight forward. The treadmill seemed to work just fine.

I was tempted to not accept the treadmill since the box was in such bad shape. It seemed that the delivery people would probably would not have waited for me to open the box up to check for damage so I took a chance. Luckily, all was well for me.

chetanw


quality posts: 0 Private Messages chetanw

I received mine last Saturday (12/22) - perfect, since I was home all day.

The box was dusty but in good condition and very heavy. Got two friends over to help me unpack and install - took about 40 minutes.

I agree, the instructions are a bit wanting - they assume a mechanical inclination, common sense and good eyesight.

I wasn't sure about the pre-lubrication on the belt, so I re-lubed the belt and followed all instructions to the letter. The screws fit in just fine, make sure you install the rectangular clamp washers in the proper orientation. Having a well-stocked toolbox helped a lot.

Used the treadmill itself twice so far. It is quite silent, rock steady, the built-in fan is barely OK, but the speakers are great. The fold and roll away feature is excellent.

Liking it so far.

LD


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LD

When I got mine it was similarly beat up looking. In that the box was mostly destroyed. The delivery guys were good and took it into the first room. Because of the holidays it sat unopened for a couple weeks. As I unpacked and assembled it I noticed the warranty is only valid if submitted within 10 days of purchase. So I'm probably screwed on that. There was no notice at purchase that this would be the case.

Now that it is set up it really isn't working. The belt slipped terribly. I adjusted according to the instructions which slightly helped. But now it drifts right and I am unable to prevent that. I can't go more than 0.1 miles on it. It drifts too far.

I've contacted their support via email today. Hoping to hear this week.

What's the return policy? Might be a lemon.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

LD wrote:When I got mine it was similarly beat up looking. In that the box was mostly destroyed. The delivery guys were good and took it into the first room. Because of the holidays it sat unopened for a couple weeks. As I unpacked and assembled it I noticed the warranty is only valid if submitted within 10 days of purchase. So I'm probably screwed on that. There was no notice at purchase that this would be the case.

Now that it is set up it really isn't working. The belt slipped terribly. I adjusted according to the instructions which slightly helped. But now it drifts right and I am unable to prevent that. I can't go more than 0.1 miles on it. It drifts too far.

I've contacted their support via email today. Hoping to hear this week.

What's the return policy? Might be a lemon.



Sorry for the problems with the treadmill.

First, don't worry about the warranty. Go ahead and get it registered online. If you have any issues with them, contact us and we'll help out. SOLE is a good company though so I don't think you'll encounter any problems.

Then contact them to see if they have suggestions on making the adjustment. It may be very well something they can talk you through.

At any time please feel free email support@woot.com for assistance. Please include your woot username and order number for faster service.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

LD


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LD

Thanks for the reply. I am hoping it can be resolved. The beat up box didn't seem to damage the treadmill.

The belt slipping and tracking issues though make it unsafe. I spent several hours adjusting according to their instructions but it always immediately drifts right.

ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry for the problems with the treadmill.

First, don't worry about the warranty. Go ahead and get it registered online. If you have any issues with them, contact us and we'll help out. SOLE is a good company though so I don't think you'll encounter any problems.

Then contact them to see if they have suggestions on making the adjustment. It may be very well something they can talk you through.

At any time please feel free email support@woot.com for assistance. Please include your woot username and order number for faster service.



yatzr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages yatzr

Mine FINALLY came today. Very surprising it took so long considering I'm only a few hundred miles away from where it shipped. The box was incredibly beat up. Both ends were wide open and there was a giant hole in the side. Pieces were falling out of the box. I ended up refusing the shipment. The delivery guys were surprisingly nice about it. They said they would've refused it too.

Very disappointing experience

LD


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LD

I think their support is based on Inception. I keep getting a reply to fill out a form on their website. Which I fill out, which prompts another reply a day later, quoting the previous request form, asking me to fill out the form again.

I am very serious, what is the return process and policy? I haven't given up yet but I'm not going to keep going through this BS.

drrictus


quality posts: 0 Private Messages drrictus
yatzr wrote:Mine FINALLY came today. Very surprising it took so long considering I'm only a few hundred miles away from where it shipped. The box was incredibly beat up. Both ends were wide open and there was a giant hole in the side. Pieces were falling out of the box. I ended up refusing the shipment. The delivery guys were surprisingly nice about it. They said they would've refused it too.

Very disappointing experience



It sounds like I later received yours! The box I received was completely destroyed. I could see right through to the treadmill inside. Who knows how many necessary parts fell out? Not me; I refused delivery.
Freight is always a gamble, with about the same odds as roulette.

ctumaven


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctumaven

Ours came and the delivery service was decent. One problem was that the treadmill looked like it had been attacked with a hammer and a pair of wire cutters. Two warranty calls later (with great customer service) and we are off and running.

maxstroud


quality posts: 2 Private Messages maxstroud

Missus ordered the F85 for me as a Christmas present. We got the delivery call and arranged a time. It came as scheduled BUT the delivery guys didn't really look like pros. They had a rental truck too. OK, it IS the busy season. Once they were finally able to get it into the house (the outcome was in doubt for quit a long time!) we discovered that the box was not only cosmetically damaged in many places on the side we could see, but that the other side had enough damage to see inside to some damage to the treadmill's housing. We looked no further and refused the delivery. It took the dejected deliverymen about 45 minutes to get it the 50 feet back to the truck. We were not able to get a replacement. We thought it was just the deliverymen were blessed with, but it appears to be a common problem! At least we don't feel alone now!

Still wish I had the treadmill!