• 19.9% - Egg salad 831
  • 51.9% - Veggie wrap 2164
  • 9.6% - Tuna salad 401
  • 4.7% - Roast beef (sans Horsey Sauce) 198
  • 5.9% - Ham and cheddar 246
  • 6.9% - Meatball sub 286
  • 1.1% - Another let-down I’ll bemoan in the comments. 46
4172 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

Quality Posts

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

lol, yeah, "Veggie wrap" is pretty awful. I almost feel bad for vegans. Almost.

eastcheap

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eastcheap
curtisuxor wrote:lol, yeah, "Veggie wrap" is pretty awful.

On the other hand, when your expectations are that low to begin with, can it properly be called "disappointment?"

lauriellen

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lauriellen

I'm surprised by the overwhelming dislike of veggie wraps. I live next door to a food co-op and sometimes get an avocado wrap on the way to work. It's pretty good.

lauriellen

Any sub ever at Walmart.

lauriellen

What about the "unwich," which wraps everything up in a few iceberg lettuce leaves? ;)

Clayton4384

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Clayton4384

When you get food poisoning from a tuna sandwich, you will never touch one again. Trust me.

epicsatyr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages epicsatyr

I believe you can make any sammich 110% better by adding bacon, and mayo.

davemays123

quality posts: 7 Private Messages davemays123

Tuna salad is pure, concentrated evil.

dphuga

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dphuga

Other: Un-fried bologna sandwich on Wonder Bread

riddley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages riddley

Any sandwich served on white bread - bleeeh! Wheat, rye, sourdough - anything but white bread!

kjmatt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kjmatt

Any sandwich from a supermarket deli. What's wrong with a good ham and cheese? But no, it has to have a cranberry sauce and a bun so hard it cracks your teeth.

Sheesh!

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

EASY choice.

Waldorf Salad Heads

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Waldorf Salad Heads
epicsatyr wrote:I believe you can make any sammich 110% better by adding bacon, and mayo.

Peanut butter and jelly with bacon and mayo, now that's a delicious sandwich!

aehelephant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aehelephant

Dry bread and bologna.

HomerTime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HomerTime

I think people are confusing "disappointing" with "bad". You expect a veggie wrap to be awful and it always is.

I would actually opt for "Meatball sub". I like meatball subs, but when I eat one, it is never as good as I anticipate it will be.

chimpygomonkey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chimpygomonkey

Any and all wraps are terrible. Tortillas are for tacos, burritos, and chips.

Yanroy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Yanroy

cream cheese and olive. Green olives. My mom used to sneak this into my lunchbox about once a week when I was in elementary school. The thought still makes me gag.

photobobk

quality posts: 5 Private Messages photobobk

French dip. These days deli roast beef on one of those kid-soft sandwich rolls, served with au jus from a box. Yuk! What ever happened to real roast beef on a fresh, crusty french roll with real au jus?

Also, anything from the big sub/sandwich chains...

On the other side of the coin, a local pub serves up a BLT wrap (yes, a WRAP!) that will knock your socks off.

eliztowns

quality posts: 3 Private Messages eliztowns

When you open your sandwich and realize they only gave you one thin slice of turkey

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward
HomerTime wrote:I think people are confusing "disappointing" with "bad". You expect a veggie wrap to be awful and it always is.

I would actually opt for "Meatball sub". I like meatball subs, but when I eat one, it is never as good as I anticipate it will be.

I read it as disappointing as in when you're told you're getting a sandwich and you're expecting a classic meat and cheese sandwich only to find out they gave you some kind of blargh.

crankyassjess

quality posts: 2 Private Messages crankyassjess

I am genuinely surprised at the lack of horsey sauce love. It makes all sandwiches. ALL. SANDWICHES.

dave bug

quality posts: 14 Private Messages dave bug

Right, disappointing is when you expected more. For me the most disappointing sandwich is when you get what looks to be an awesome egg salad sandwich, bite in, and discover someone's ruined it with celery.

eastcheap

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eastcheap
photobobk wrote:On the other side of the coin, a local pub serves up a BLT wrap (yes, a WRAP!) that will knock your socks off.

Say what you will about wraps, the fact is that there are few things in life better than a good, lardy, made-on-the-spot flour tortilla. Almost anything is tasty wrapped up in one.

In contrast, tortillas out of a bag are usually pretty wretched. You need loads of chili powder and salsa to mask the flavor.

skemmis

quality posts: 14 Private Messages skemmis

Staff

crankyassjess wrote:I am genuinely surprised at the lack of horsey sauce love. It makes all sandwiches. ALL. SANDWICHES.

No, you see, Horsey Sauce would give the RB sandwich an unfair delicious advantage. So a Horsey-Sauce-free sandwich would be more capable of disappointment.

kderby42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kderby42
Waldorf Salad Heads wrote:Peanut butter and jelly with bacon and mayo, now that's a delicious sandwich!

You Jest, but have you tried it?

gjbloom

quality posts: 6 Private Messages gjbloom
Waldorf Salad Heads wrote:Peanut butter and jelly with bacon and mayo, now that's a delicious sandwich!

Actually, it's pretty good. Also pretty close to one of Elvis's favorite sandwiches, the Fool's Gold Loaf.

sevian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sevian

That chicken parmesan sub that I wound up eating with a spoon.

ardubu

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ardubu

Good! and bananas are good on it too.

I'm glad PB & J made a showing.
Love it!

If you want, you pay...
But, if you need, you pay more!

cappo

quality posts: 33 Private Messages cappo

Two days after making my awesome turkey for Thanksgiving with Alton Brown's recipe, my mother went grocery shopping and bought a couple Shoprite roasted turkey breasts on manager's (Translation: about to expire) special for 99 cents each. One of which she pawned off on me after discovering they weren't chickens.

Choking down that dry, flavorless ShopRite turkey on the pricey Hawaiian rolls I bought for my awesomely delicious brined-in-broth turkey, which got relegated to the freezer... those were some very disappointing sandwiches.

On the bright side, I just took the rest of my awesome turkey out of the freezer to thaw... but I have no bread/rolls.

klstrader

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klstrader

I'm a vegetarian...And I love a good wrap. So the MOST disappointing on this list to me would probably be a meatball sub, since it has meat in the name. With the ham and cheddar, I could at least have a cheese sandwich in a worst-case-scenario type situation. I'm a glass-is-half-full kind of guy I guess. I'm only disappointed if I make myself disappointed. You could have NO sandwich. Boom. That's disappointing.

david1239321

quality posts: 0 Private Messages david1239321

The Wish Sandwhich.

I have two pieces of bread and wish I had something to put between them!

Credit to the Blues Brothers

Supermanwoot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Supermanwoot

What about Reubens? I know most people either love them or hate them. I hate them but they look SOOO good. I've gotten one before because it looks so delicious, and was so disappointed that I couldn't stomach it

alexamayhew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alexamayhew
davemays123 wrote:Tuna salad is pure, concentrated evil.

I love Tuna Salad, you are dumb.

alexamayhew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alexamayhew
Supermanwoot wrote:What about Reubens? I know most people either love them or hate them. I hate them but they look SOOO good. I've gotten one before because it looks so delicious, and was so disappointed that I couldn't stomach it

I agree, the bread is amazing, not so much the beef, unless its very thinly cut, that is the key for me

alamogal1963

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alamogal1963
Clayton4384 wrote:When you get food poisoning from a tuna sandwich, you will never touch one again. Trust me.

Doubtful it was the tuna's fault. More likely the mayo.

Blondes aren't dumm.

rdjuras

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rdjuras

So what's wrong with a veggie wrap? I see it got such bad reviews.

Vegan

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Vegan

I'm the vegan voting for veggie wrap, haha. It shows a complete lack of effort, and I hate getting handed a "vegetarian option" that had no thought for flavor put into it.

hobiekopek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hobiekopek

Salmon salad sandwich hands down. Culinary train wreck necessarily ruins two otherwise fine pieces of bread.

hobiekopek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hobiekopek
RWoodward wrote:I read it as disappointing as in when you're told you're getting a sandwich and you're expecting a classic meat and cheese sandwich only to find out they gave you some kind of blargh.

Very much this.