formermermaid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages formermermaid

I placed my first-ever Woot order on November 28. It is now December 7, 9 days later, and my order is still "awaiting shipping"...I sent an email to customer service requesting cancellation as I can't wait any longer and will have to buy the item elsewhere...just curious if this is typical practice for this site. Is the long wait the trade-off for the low price?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

formermermaid wrote:I placed my first-ever Woot order on November 28. It is now December 7, 9 days later, and my order is still "awaiting shipping"...I sent an email to customer service requesting cancellation as I can't wait any longer and will have to buy the item elsewhere...just curious if this is typical practice for this site. Is the long wait the trade-off for the low price?

We ask that you give 5 business days for processing and shipping. It's been longer than that here so send support@woot.com an email to see what's going on. Include your woot username and order number for faster service.

Sorry for the delay.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

formermermaid

I see that you charged my credit card on November 28, this is not cool. You should not charge until the item ships, especially when the delay in between ordering and shipping is so long. I will send an email requesting cancellation of the order and reversal of this charge to my card.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

formermermaid wrote:I see that you charged my credit card on November 28, this is not cool. You should not charge until the item ships, especially when the delay in between ordering and shipping is so long. I will send an email requesting cancellation of the order and reversal of this charge to my card.

Unlike a catalog store that carries items in stock until someone orders it, we sell the item for one day or limited number of days in the case of Plus events. The charge is to reserve that item for you. If the charge is refused, then the item goes to the next person in line. This is important on days when an item sells out.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

formermermaid

Which would be fine if you shipped within a reasonable time.