3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
LED Lenser Dual Color Flashlight
$9.99 + $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

TGrier

quality posts: 5 Private Messages TGrier

ckoz1187

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ckoz1187

Already purchased 3 of these. 100 lumens is bright for the compact size, and the red light is a useful feature. Great for preserving night vision, especially when observing stars.

Includes 6 batteries too, its a great stocking stuffer for only 10 bucks.

gostevego

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gostevego

Does this have a tailcap switch, or just the ones on the side?

(And in the unlikely event that it does, can it be preset to red *or* white?)

Hankshanker

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Hankshanker

Perfect for sneaking up on those fat mother sea turtles during nesting season. No, seriously.

ecvannier

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ecvannier

If you want to watch a 10 min video review about a flashlight... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-dDyuQgkGQ

TGrier

I just checked and found this exact model on ebay for $26, and about 6 other sites for between $20 and $30. Seems like a good deal... too bad I just bought three tactical flashlights (with no red LED) from the Woot Jingle last night!

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2
Hankshanker wrote:Perfect for sneaking up on those fat mother sea turtles during nesting season. No, seriously.

I dunno what type of films you like to make, gross dude.

that was fun while it lasted!

ckoz1187

gostevego wrote:Does this have a tailcap switch, or just the ones on the side?

Just the ones on the side.

lichme

quality posts: 2756 Private Messages lichme

ckoz1187

lichme wrote:Previous Sale
11/26/2012
$9.99

http://pop.woot.com/offers/led-lenser-dual-color-flashlight-1

Current sneaky deal.

redrhino

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redrhino

I bought 3 of these last time they were up, and got 3 more this time. These are a great value. At this price, I would buy 3 more if I could.

ckoz1187

redrhino wrote:I bought 3 of these last time they were up, and got 3 more this time. These are a great value. At this price, I would buy 3 more if I could.

This is one of those "buy a bunch and give to everyone I know" gifts. People will assume you paid a decent price. You just have to assume none of these friends will discuss amongst themselves the gifts they received from you. Then you look like a jerk; albeit a jerk with fine flashlight taste.

adrmschwer

quality posts: 8 Private Messages adrmschwer

If you notice, there are two different buttons, one for the red light, the other for white light. So you can choose which one you want, when you want it.

flareit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages flareit
Hankshanker wrote:Perfect for sneaking up on those fat mother sea turtles during nesting season. No, seriously.

You have got to be kidding me!

adrmschwer

quality posts: 8 Private Messages adrmschwer

There is a newer model of this flaslight that gives you 125 lumens and 5 hour runtime, http://www.amazon.com/LED-Lenser-880040-Flashlight-Function/dp/B0054L0NQG

Also, FWIW, the sheath that comes with the T7 (http://pop.woot.com/offers/led-lenser-t7-175-lumen-flashlight-1), is much much better quality. The belt loop is essentially a velcro strap that is held together at its ends by a snap-button, making it compatible with Molle bags/gear. You could get this one to get the free shipping unlocked, and also get the T7 for the sheath alone (plus an awesome flashlight too).

flareit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages flareit
bpr2 wrote:I dunno what type of films you like to make, gross dude.

The Dude probably gets off on grossing normal people out with verbalizing his crude fun times!

jiggersgreen

quality posts: 36 Private Messages jiggersgreen

Wow...A penny cheaper then on Jingle Binge....Woot always has the best deals!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jiggersgreen wrote:Wow...A penny cheaper then on Jingle Binge....Woot always has the best deals!

Woohoo!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

TGrier

What the heck. I'm in for three. As a previous commenter said, they'll make good gifts-- but I'll probably keep two for myself; one in each car!

Robearlbms

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Robearlbms

I could have used one of these on my last mission.

djwyant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djwyant

Can't beat this price. I bought 3 also!

Hankshanker

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Hankshanker
flareit wrote:You have got to be kidding me!

No, really! You must sneak up on 'em!

If you want to witness the summertime spectacle of giant sea turtles coming ashore to dig their nests and lay eggs, which almost invariably happens at night down my way, and you want to do so responsibly, then you have to use a red light such as emitted by this here fancy flashlight. To do otherwise would be the height of environmental incorrectness.

It's an unusual but notable application for this product, which with the flip of a switch may be handy on the dark walk home as well.

What some of you are yammering on about, I have no idea (wink).

radodge

quality posts: 1 Private Messages radodge

Does this come with the batteries & carrying case as the one on jingle bingle?

edit: duhhh, never mind.

amznhopper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amznhopper
radodge wrote:Does this come with the batteries & carrying case as the one on jingle bingle?

edit: duhhh, never mind.

This light has 2 buttons. 1 black for light and 1 red button for red light

colebeck

quality posts: 13 Private Messages colebeck

I have one of these. It is a great compact flashlight. Love the red light for when I don't want to lose my 'night vision'.

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DaZoneRanger

Very tempting, but do I REALLY need another flashlight? I've spend thousands of dollars on this sick hobby and I've finally reached a place where I don't really want to buy any more lights (ok...I just don't have money, but that ends up with me mostly not wanting to buy any more lights). This really isn't going to do anything for me, although, come to think of it, I've never actually owned a Ledlenser. Ten bucks, though, and I've already unlocked free shipping. Well, I've got until tomorrow to make my decision, so I'm gonna sleep on it, but I think it's probably just going to be a waste. I mean, I didn't buy those $10 Icon Rogue 1s that had, and I think those are probably better and more useful than this (less batteries, to deal with, for one). (Ok, I've had the Rogue 1 since they were new and long ago sold the Rogue 2, but still $10 and I didn't buy? That's will power, right there, baby!) So, anybody have any convincing words about this light?

Natja1334

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Natja1334
ecvannier wrote:If you want to watch a 10 min video review about a flashlight... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-dDyuQgkGQ

This guy wasted 10 minutes fiddling and could have described both of his lights reasonably in 5 minutes and used the rest of the time to Show how well the light does out of doors and at distances.

Natja1334

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Natja1334

It's obvious this light is just a cheepy. perhaps a well made cheepy, but a cheepy none the less. One clue is that it has several LED's yet can only produce 100 lumens. When a real true high brightness tactical light for instance needs only one LED. So the LED's they put in these are not up to par. I own a Streamlight Strion which I picked up for $65 off of Amazon. It comes with it's own charging system, and internal battery that lasts hundreds of charges and it can do 180 lumens. 180 real time lumens. This thing here probably only does around 60-80 ansi lumens at best. For $9.99 it makes for a nice little stocking stuffer, but despite what the dexcription say's, take my word for it, no one in law enjforcement would use this thing on duty, no way.

namzaps

quality posts: 6 Private Messages namzaps

Ok, so maybe it's not good enough for a seasoned law-enforcement officer. But, I bet it's just fine for a toddler and her baby sister in an indoor pop-up play tent.

-JCH

ebnub

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ebnub
Natja1334 wrote:It's obvious this light is just a cheepy. perhaps a well made cheepy, but a cheepy none the less. One clue is that it has several LED's yet can only produce 100 lumens. When a real true high brightness tactical light for instance needs only one LED. So the LED's they put in these are not up to par. I own a Streamlight Strion which I picked up for $65 off of Amazon. It comes with it's own charging system, and internal battery that lasts hundreds of charges and it can do 180 lumens. 180 real time lumens. This thing here probably only does around 60-80 ansi lumens at best. For $9.99 it makes for a nice little stocking stuffer, but despite what the dexcription say's, take my word for it, no one in law enjforcement would use this thing on duty, no way.

I've had a Strion LED for about three years now and it's a great light for the duty belt. I've even busted the tail button once and Streamlight took care of fixing it at no cost to me.

mikem53

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mikem53
namzaps wrote:Ok, so maybe it's not good enough for a seasoned law-enforcement officer. But, I bet it's just fine for a toddler and her baby sister in an indoor pop-up play tent.

At 100 lumens output u don't your toddler playing with these lights as they are too bright for children to play with.. what's wrong with u people..

frogmanmatty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frogmanmatty

No tail cap switch. I'm not sure I'd take this on a mission, since any glove eliminates the difference between the two buttons but I love having it around the house.

criticalmaas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages criticalmaas

Mine arrived yesterday (woot is getting faster!!), I used it last night & was glad to have it for misty mail pickup, hunting for a hand mixer, trying to scare off mice...I dropped it once, still works!!

The buttons are textured, but it's very subtle - I'm not sure why they're touted as such a feature as there is very little tactile difference, at least for this reviewer.

Defo a play tool. I'd echo: too bright for kids. Looking forward to the Geminids on Thursday, will be busting this baby out!

kschoenberg

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kschoenberg

Which turtle soup recipe do you use? Also, my kids LOVE the special egg salad sandwiches.

Dalmane98

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dalmane98

Does it come with everything in the bottom picture? If it does I am in for 3.

Forget my question...Found the answer on eBay.

showcaller

quality posts: 33 Private Messages showcaller

For $19.95 the 290 lumens Guard Dog flashlight I bought here a couple of months ago seems like a much better value. It is quite solid and doesn't have that "kinda cheap feel" to it that so many of these have. For $10.00 this flashlight is probably a great stocking stuffer but frankly I have seen many of these size/style/approx same lumens advertised on other venues for pretty much the same amount of money. If you haven't come across one yet at this price point it is probably a good deal but if it is built like most of them, it isn't nearly as solid as the Guard Dog brand or the Brinkman (which I also got for a decent price here on Woot)

ugrasse2

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ugrasse2

I don't know... $10 for three duracell AAA batteries seems a bit steep. The free flashlight seems nice, though.

Spiky

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Spiky
DaZoneRanger wrote:Very tempting, but do I REALLY need another flashlight? I've spend thousands of dollars on this sick hobby and I've finally reached a place where I don't really want to buy any more lights

Hehe. Sounds like this is already a done deal. You know you will buy it.