+ Add a Comment

WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Portents. Auguries. Signs. They all point to the world coming to an end in about another week and a half. At least, they do if you squint really hard at some selectively chosen bits and pieces of Mayan mythology. To mark this reasonably important occasion, help you prepare for what's next, and give you a shot at some inexpensive Christmas gifts in case the Mayans were just kidding, we present Armagedd-Off 2012, a three-day Woot-Off of cataclysmic proportions.

But that's not all. Totally goofy Armagedd-Off 2012 trading cards will appear in the photo galleries for twelve of the hundred of items in this Woot-Off. By collecting them all, and following the clues carefully encoded in them thousands of years ago by ancient Photoshop clerics, you can find your way to a special never-before-seen t-shirt of Earth-shattering power! Here's how it works:

1. Find all twelve trading cards between now and Wednesday.
  2. Assemble the clues into a word that will fill in the blank at the end of this URL:
    shirt.woot.com/offers/__________ .
  3. Buy the special t-shirt you find there! (Yes, buy. It took some work to collect those Star Wars proofs of purchase, too, but you still had to pay for Boba Fett.)
  4. No, there is absolutely not a Bag o' Crap involved anywhere in this thing in any way. For real. This warning is not us being cute. If you could see our faces, you'd know how serious we were. Please don't get into this expecting you'll wind up with a Bag o' Crap. You won't. Mark our words.

Fight along with a band of plucky humans as they struggle against the mutant threat in a blasted-out nightmarescape they never made! And maybe get your hands on a weird little t-shirt! If there's a better way to spend your last days on Earth than Armagedd-Off 2012, we don't want to know about it, because we have to work this thing either way. Now get into that discussion thread and work with your fellow humans to figure this thing out BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!

Quality Posts

shortman

quality posts: 40 Private Messages shortman

A shirt instead of a Big Ol' Cataclysm That's interesting.

darkinc

quality posts: 31 Private Messages darkinc
shortman wrote:A shirt instead of a Big Ol' Cataclysm That's interesting.

Or its really a Bandit Overrun City >.>

heyross

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heyross

dig it like dug

woot-hoot!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

darkinc wrote:Or its really a Bandit Overrun City >.>

No, seriously, it's not! And no biting my head off after this 3-day devastation is over either! We told you here.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

nvaine

quality posts: 63 Private Messages nvaine

I actually forgot that BsOC were possible. Guess that's why I don't come around much anymore.

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis

So we should read this as woot confirming the bag, right?

bsmith1

quality posts: 102 Private Messages bsmith1

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
bsmith1 wrote:

And if you do have time, do you have to buy each of those items????

chefsean

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chefsean

ok #12 is the 6 letter in a word of 9 letter word

question is it a 12 letter word???

chefsean
CLICK....>>.....ON...>>....TheMysteryBox>>>>>>

tmmurphy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tmmurphy
chefsean wrote:Question Totally goofy Armagedd-Off 2012 trading cards will appear in the photo galleries?

Will it be in the Main Photo with the product being sold???
help...

Hope this latest one (speakers) helps you.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2
chefsean wrote:ok #12 is the 6 letter in a word of 9 letter word

question is it a 12 letter word???

The letter was N

that was fun while it lasted!

chefsean

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chefsean
bpr2 wrote:The letter was N

i know but is it a 12 letter word???
to put after

shirt.woot.com/offers/^^^^^^^^^^^N

chefsean
CLICK....>>.....ON...>>....TheMysteryBox>>>>>>

rom

quality posts: 54 Private Messages rom

A Piece of Shirt, that's smart. Slickdeal peeps would just ignore this then!

tsukitensh

quality posts: 23 Private Messages tsukitensh

The Woot-off seems to have some lightning deals that disappear after they are sold out... I'm guessing that cards will not be in these deals, then?

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
bsmith1 wrote:

It's not too bad if you click on the product thumbnails from the forum index!

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

jjiinx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjiinx

So will the 'Cards' only be on the main woot site or the other sites also? Just to clarify...
Thanks
~~Jinx

obeymybrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages obeymybrain

Is it a "I survived the apocalypse and all I got was this T-shirt" shirt?

Jesterfx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jesterfx

Yeah, I fell for this crap last time you made us waste our time. At least that time it had Big Ol' Cataclysm in the end...though we soon learned how cheap and irradiated woot made it with only a small handful of Big Ol' Cataclysm

Not going to play your reindeer games anymore woot.

Been a pretty busy customer of yours too only to be let down way too many times. Seems like Amazon DID change you after all...and obviously not for the better.

tsukitensh

quality posts: 23 Private Messages tsukitensh
Jesterfx wrote:Yeah, I fell for this crap last time you made us waste our time.

Er...? No one is making you participate in this. It's a game that is there if people wish to partake.

icthulhu

quality posts: 6 Private Messages icthulhu

***sniff*** I miss Matt.....

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
jjiinx wrote:So will the 'Cards' only be on the main woot site or the other sites also? Just to clarify...
Thanks
~~Jinx

One hasn't appeared elsewhere yet.

Then again, only one has appeared period.

Tom84

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Tom84

So basically the trick is to check these blogs and ctrl/cmd click the pictures so you go straight to the items pages.

http://www.woot.com/blog
http://home.woot.com/blog
http://kids.woot.com/blog
http://wine.woot.com/blog

As of right now, nothing but the aforementioned speakers has a card.

Edit: Also the gas can

darkinc

quality posts: 31 Private Messages darkinc
ThunderThighs wrote:No, seriously, it's not! And no biting my head off after this 3-day devastation is over either! We told you here.

So you are saying its a single shirt for sale? Or perhaps its a Box of shirts!? lol

bookofjoshua

quality posts: 12 Private Messages bookofjoshua

Tell the bearded warrior to keep his finger off the trigger or he'll shoot his eye out! I can see it now, he's the one in the group that "accidentally" shoots the person in front of him in the back fo the head when a rat drops on him from an over hanging pipe..

anotherdave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anotherdave

So, will the clues be found only on the main Woot site, or could they be found on any of the five sites having Woot-Offs today?

Sharky35

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sharky35

Gas can

Sharky35

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sharky35
bookofjoshua wrote:Tell the bearded warrior to keep his finger off the trigger or he'll shoot his eye out! I can see it now, he's the one in the group that "accidentally" shoots the person in front of him in the back fo the head when a rat drops on him from an over hanging pipe..

yes, that is a no no... even the po po does it some times.

tjotech

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjotech

They have taken Matt's creation and completely RUINED it.
Completely alienated long time Wooters and now only offer Big Ol' Cataclysm#39;s via FaceCrap & Twitcrap.

I certainly will not stick around just for a t-shirt.
For all you who think this will lead to a Big Ol' Cataclysm you are in for a BIG disappointment.

icthulhu wrote:***sniff*** I miss Matt.....

Wolffhardt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Wolffhardt
tjotech wrote:They have taken Matt's creation and completely RUINED it.
Completely alienated long time Wooters and now only offer Big Ol' Cataclysm#39;s via FaceCrap & Twitcrap.

I certainly will not stick around just for a t-shirt.
For all you who think this will lead to a Big Ol' Cataclysm you are in for a BIG disappointment.

What kind of elitist attitude makes you think that an online store alienates older customers?

As for the end of this game? It's definitely not a Big Ol' Cataclysm which they've already told us..

If you're disappointed when the game ends in the exact manner it was described to you? That's on them.

jedinc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jedinc
Gatzby wrote:It's not too bad if you click on the product thumbnails from the forum index!

Mr. Gatzby,
I tried to add the (://www.woot.com/forums/) to my favorites but when I click on it I get an 404 error. Any idea?

[MOD: Email removed]

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jedinc wrote:Mr. Gatzby,
I tried to add the (://www.woot.com/forums/) to my favorites but when I click on it I get an 404 error. Any idea?

[MOD: Email removed]

You can click his link and then save that as a bookmark. If you typing the bookmark, remember to add the http before it:

http:\\www.woot.com\forums

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ajsochowski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ajsochowski
ThunderThighs wrote:You can click his link and then save that as a bookmark. If you typing the bookmark, remember to add the http before it:

http:\\www.woot.com\forums

Also like you put in the your post he needs "\" instead of "/" like he has in his post.

dfwhokie

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dfwhokie

I'm guessing:

THEENDISNEAR

garzman80

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garzman80

So I could either try to find all these clues...or just come back later and when someone else has done all the work for me? I'll do that so I can feel like I'm your boss...now get back to work for me and find those clues!

SpicyMike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpicyMike
garzman80 wrote:So I could either try to find all these clues...or just come back later and when someone else has done all the work for me? I'll do that so I can feel like I'm your boss...now get back to work for me and find those clues!

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789

There ya go, boss, I swear they're all in there. I'll just let you pick them out & put them in order. :p

ldrewparsons

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ldrewparsons

I was hoping for some "end of the world" / survivalist woot for the next few days.

garzman80

SpicyMike wrote:ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789

There ya go, boss, I swear they're all in there. I'll just let you pick them out & put them in order. :p

Excellent work! You can take the rest of the day off.

Morimoto

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Morimoto

Is the secret URL live yet, or do we have to wait until all 12 cards have been shown?

garzman80

ldrewparsons wrote:I was hoping for some "end of the world" / survivalist woot for the next few days.

Where they sell guns, canned food, wind up radios, and adult magazines.