ThunderThighs


quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

benswimming wrote:And now everyone is trying to get a refund....



It's not like we've said anything different.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sellbuyer92


quality posts: 86 Private Messages sellbuyer92
ThunderThighs wrote:Just to be perfectly clear, there are NO surprises coming with the shirt. You're getting the shirt in the standard shirt.woot plastic bag.

No yelling later when all you got was a shirt.

Deal? Yeah, I didn't think so.



Can you make sure my bag is blue? :D


Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

darkinc


quality posts: 31 Private Messages darkinc
cew2008 wrote:A lot of you must really think there isn't a Big Ol' Cataclysm with this shirt?

From the way they were talking, it sounds like there will be.

"This warning is not us being cute. If you could see our faces, you'd know how serious we were."

I think there will be a bag o crap with it. I maybe wrong, but for 10 bucks I'll take that chance.



See that one day shipping option? And that 6 day sales time? Kinda doubt it..

ctansy


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ctansy

Really? With all the warnings about this NOT being a Big Ol' Cataclysm at the end and people are still convinced that it will be there because what? Woot staff is too cool to let us down like that? People missing dates and spending 3 days wooting and speculating and wishing...Woot staffers are probably sitting back laughing their wooting monkeygeddon butts off at the posts...I know I am! We really need to get a life!

mduncan62


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mduncan62

Bought the shi(r)t, and now I want a monkey, and I have to pay shipping? There better be a band of crappers.

wdgavis2


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wdgavis2
DarkAngel13 wrote:Am I the only one still trying to figure out what the numbers on the top right of the cards meant?



Nope hence my reply two (at the time) posts earlier.

snoopyjy


quality posts: 1 Private Messages snoopyjy
ThunderThighs wrote:It's not like we've said anything different.



You forgot to say scout's honor at the end of the statement so no one believed you.

Hi-C said the blind man as he took a sip from the cup.

lordbowen


quality posts: 253 Private Messages lordbowen
k4th3r1n3 wrote:I tried staring at it to see if I'd start liking the shirt, I still like my idea better. Someone make a screaming monkey-plagued city on a shirt for me.

And make it on fire.



This. And the monkeys need to be zombies screaming guttural zombie monkey screams.

jeffdoh


quality posts: 6 Private Messages jeffdoh
ThunderThighs wrote:Just to be perfectly clear, there are NO surprises coming with the shirt. You're getting the shirt in the standard shirt.woot plastic bag.

No yelling later when all you got was a shirt.

Deal? Yeah, I didn't think so.



Here's a surprise! Please cancel my order #42822856. The shirt is ugly and I feel stupid for following clues for three days. And for what? Not even a discount. Free shipping? Seriously? That's what the three day scavenger hunt was for? I'm sorry, that's just obnoxious.

Jeffrey Lax

dustins111


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dustins111

The symbols meant nothing you just arranged the cards in order by number to get the word.

dustins111

snoopyjy


quality posts: 1 Private Messages snoopyjy
jeffdoh wrote:Here's a surprise! Please cancel my order #42822856. The shirt is ugly and I feel stupid for following clues for three days. And for what? Not even a discount. Free shipping? Seriously? That's what the three day scavenger hunt was for? I'm sorry, that's just obnoxious.



If you didn't want the shirt why did you order one... the hunt was fun but there is a cost to the shirts and shipping. It was about having fun with the cards and results and if you like the shirt then cool.

Hi-C said the blind man as he took a sip from the cup.

tsukitensh


quality posts: 23 Private Messages tsukitensh
jeffdoh wrote:Here's a surprise! Please cancel my order #42822856. The shirt is ugly and I feel stupid for following clues for three days. And for what? Not even a discount. Free shipping? Seriously? That's what the three day scavenger hunt was for? I'm sorry, that's just obnoxious.



How is that a surprise?? They told you it was going to be a shirt...

jeffdoh


quality posts: 6 Private Messages jeffdoh
snoopyjy wrote:If you didn't want the shirt why did you order one... the hunt was fun but there is a cost to the shirts and shipping. It was about having fun with the cards and results and if you like the shirt then cool.



I don't like the shirt which is why I emailed woot immediately after ordering asking for a refund. I put through my order too fast to even think because I didn't want to miss out (again) on a Bag. But, to me, to make us do all that work for 3 days for just a plain shirt not even at a great price (and free shipping) is just mean. I really think it is, sorry.

Jeffrey Lax

snoopyjy


quality posts: 1 Private Messages snoopyjy
tsukitensh wrote:How is that a surprise?? They told you it was going to be a shirt...



I think he meant canceling his order but that is not a suprise either.

Hi-C said the blind man as he took a sip from the cup.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

jeffdoh wrote:Here's a surprise! Please cancel my order #42822856. The shirt is ugly and I feel stupid for following clues for three days. And for what? Not even a discount. Free shipping? Seriously? That's what the three day scavenger hunt was for? I'm sorry, that's just obnoxious.



If you would like to cancel your order, please email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be glad to help you out.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

editorkid


quality posts: 92 Private Messages editorkid
khufu413 wrote:This is what I was waiting for. Not the shirt, but the comments. So far I'm VERY happy how this is going. Skipped dates, delusions, anger, hope, joy, indifference. This is the Greyhound Bus Terminal of Wootville and someone just announced snow delays! Carry on, I'll just continue people watching. (No, I'm not talking about you, it's the others.. You're fine.)


With you, and I'll buy the first round. I don't know if Woot has an Employee Assistance Program but it really needs a Customer Assistance Program.

jeffdoh


quality posts: 6 Private Messages jeffdoh
tsukitensh wrote:How is that a surprise?? They told you it was going to be a shirt...



I assumed that 3 days of scavenger work would have yielded a great bargain or something cool. Not a regular shirt at a regular price plus shipping free. That's obnoxious. The Surprise is my cancelling.

Jeffrey Lax

dlcarst77


quality posts: 3 Private Messages dlcarst77
jeffdoh wrote:Here's a surprise! Please cancel my order #42822856. The shirt is ugly and I feel stupid for following clues for three days. And for what? Not even a discount. Free shipping? Seriously? That's what the three day scavenger hunt was for? I'm sorry, that's just obnoxious.



You're not stupid for following clues, you're stupid for buying the shirt and stupid for asking for a refund.

Woots: 24
Hours wasted on Woot: countless
Regrets: 0

snoopyjy


quality posts: 1 Private Messages snoopyjy
jeffdoh wrote:I don't like the shirt which is why I emailed woot immediately after ordering asking for a refund. I put through my order too fast to even think because I didn't want to miss out (again) on a Bag. But, to me, to make us do all that work for 3 days for just a plain shirt not even at a great price (and free shipping) is just mean. I really think it is, sorry.



I am sure you are not alone and I did go to the page but knew from the ability to order 3 etc... that there was nothing hidden. I am sure the staff is aware this will happen and I have had some really good experiences with them so just wait to see what they say.

Hi-C said the blind man as he took a sip from the cup.

benswimming


quality posts: 0 Private Messages benswimming
jeffdoh wrote:I assumed that 3 days of scavenger work would have yielded a great bargain or something cool. Not a regular shirt at a regular price plus shipping free. That's obnoxious. The Surprise is my cancelling.



shirt.woot always has free shipping...

todaresq


quality posts: 75 Private Messages todaresq
stspilker wrote:Who will be the first to make a crap in a bag reference when shirt-only package arrives?



Me Me Me!!! I can say I got a bag and only one crappy item... then get berated by all for not reading TT's posting, etc...

jeffdoh


quality posts: 6 Private Messages jeffdoh
ROGETRAY wrote:If you would like to cancel your order, please email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be glad to help you out.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff



I did this a few minutes after I ordered. I suspect I'm not the only one. I think I'm done with Woot for a while. You invest so much time and effort into a "game" expecting at least some show of good faith by the merchant. How about a $5 shirt? Is that SO crazy? 3 days of clues, a hidden link, tons of hoopla...for free shipping on a plain shirt? Really??

Jeffrey Lax

snoopyjy


quality posts: 1 Private Messages snoopyjy
jeffdoh wrote:I did this a few minutes after I ordered. I suspect I'm not the only one. I think I'm done with Woot for a while. You invest so much time and effort into a "game" expecting at least some show of good faith by the merchant. How about a $5 shirt? Is that SO crazy? 3 days of clues, a hidden link, tons of hoopla...for free shipping on a plain shirt? Really??



Always has free shipping for regular time and $5 for expedite... also there is costs to the shirts so I would imagine $5 is too close to the cost line.

Hi-C said the blind man as he took a sip from the cup.

tsukitensh


quality posts: 23 Private Messages tsukitensh

Ok, after reading comments on here for three days, I gotta ask... what are these bags everyone keeps talking about?

jumbop33


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jumbop33
tsukitensh wrote:Ok, after reading comments on here for three days, I gotta ask... what are these bags everyone keeps talking about?



bags of crap better known as bagels of cream or whatever else you come up with. basically it can vary from actual horrible items to something good. three items come per bag and what comes is any bodies guess

editorkid


quality posts: 92 Private Messages editorkid
jeffdoh wrote:I assumed that 3 days of scavenger work would have yielded a great bargain or something cool. Not a regular shirt at a regular price plus shipping free. That's obnoxious. The Surprise is my cancelling.


I see where the "doh" in your handle came from.

tsukitensh


quality posts: 23 Private Messages tsukitensh
jumbop33 wrote:bags of crap better known as bagels of cream or whatever else you come up with. basically it can vary from actual horrible items to something good. three items come per bag and what comes is any bodies guess



Ooh, sounds fun. How much do those usually cost?

stspilker


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stspilker
tsukitensh wrote:Ok, after reading comments on here for three days, I gotta ask... what are these bags everyone keeps talking about?



I'm sad that one there will be a whole generation of woot shoppers that do not know the answer to this question. They are so very limited now that I don't even check woot regularly anymore hoping that on an off chance on a bored night I may stumble across a woot-off.

jeffdoh


quality posts: 6 Private Messages jeffdoh
editorkid wrote:I see where the "doh" in your handle came from.



LOL. I don't mind being made fun of or being mocked for hoping for something more than free shipping after a 3-day scavenger hunt with a hidden coded link. What I mind is when a merchant asks for you to invest time and energy in good faith... that something cool is coming. It doesn't have to be a bag. Or a free shirt. But free shipping? I do think that's a bit much after 3 days of clues and paying attention to every item in a woot off. That should be worth more than free shipping. That's just not good faith in my book.

Jeffrey Lax

manbearpixel


quality posts: 1 Private Messages manbearpixel

*cough*
should start a petition on http://change.org to get Woot to give us a better 2012armageddon prize
*cough*

todaresq


quality posts: 75 Private Messages todaresq
jeffdoh wrote:LOL. I don't mind being made fun of or being mocked for hoping for something more than free shipping after a 3-day scavenger hunt with a hidden coded link. What I mind is when a merchant asks for you to invest time and energy in good faith... that something cool is coming. It doesn't have to be a bag. Or a free shirt. But free shipping? I do think that's a bit much after 3 days of clues and paying attention to every item in a woot off. That should be worth more than free shipping. That's just not good faith in my book.



The shirts always have free shipping... and they are normally $12 first day, $15 while in top 20 etc... and $18 when bought from the catalog. So... you are saving (2.01, 5.01, or 8.01)...

wootpoop


quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootpoop
jeffdoh wrote:Here's a surprise! Please cancel my order #42822856. The shirt is ugly and I feel stupid for following clues for three days. And for what? Not even a discount. Free shipping? Seriously? That's what the three day scavenger hunt was for? I'm sorry, that's just obnoxious.



I will keep my shirt, but I agree. I thought maybe it would at least be a very limited number but you don't even get bragging rights for getting this shirt.

dernst_ca1


quality posts: 37 Private Messages dernst_ca1

Sure were a lot of shirts sold in Seattle.. i mean Washington...

Got mine! Now next summer when I go up to the great pacific northwest, I will wear it with pride in hopes of being bought a bacon sundae or a cuppa todds dirt tea...

Thanks Woot! Im actually pretty excited about this one, haven't bought a shirt in a while...

-JMHSRV



Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

drummingcraig


quality posts: 10 Private Messages drummingcraig
tsukitensh wrote:Ooh, sounds fun. How much do those usually cost?



Originally they were $1 each with a maximum of three (and $5 shipping). However they just condensed three items into one, so now days its $3 plus shipping and you can only get one.

So are we gonna kick it - Gonna kick it woot down - Gonna break it all down - Gonna kick it woot down!

stspilker


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stspilker
dernst_ca1 wrote:Sure were a lot of shirts sold in Seattle.. i mean Washington...

Got mine! Now next summer when I go up to the great pacific northwest, I will wear it with pride in hopes of being bought a bacon sundae or a cuppa todds dirt tea...

Thanks Woot! Im actually pretty excited about this one, haven't bought a shirt in a while...



Could be the THREE I accidently bought. :/

dernst_ca1


quality posts: 37 Private Messages dernst_ca1

why are you folks complaining about the shirt that you looked directly at and pushed two buy buttons to purchase?

especially after reading this:

No, there is absolutely not a Bag o' Crap involved anywhere in this thing in any way. For real. This warning is not us being cute. If you could see our faces, you'd know how serious we were. Please don't get into this expecting you'll wind up with a Bag o' Crap. You won't. Mark our words

http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?pageindex=1&postid=5270340

Nobody to blame but yourselves.. seriously.

-JMHSRV



Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

mossygreen


quality posts: 71 Private Messages mossygreen
todaresq wrote:The shirts always have free shipping... and they are normally $12 first day, $15 while in top 20 etc... and $18 when bought from the catalog. So... you are saving (2.01, 5.01, or 8.01)...



Thank you, I was like, why are people saying this is regular price?! You're saving $2.01! (Actually I momentarily forgot about the price increase and was thinking we saved a penny. Still! A penny!)

dernst_ca1


quality posts: 37 Private Messages dernst_ca1

Not a single 12 in my order number..

-JMHSRV



Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

BoogieUofA


quality posts: 0 Private Messages BoogieUofA
jeffdoh wrote:LOL. I don't mind being made fun of or being mocked for hoping for something more than free shipping after a 3-day scavenger hunt with a hidden coded link. What I mind is when a merchant asks for you to invest time and energy in good faith... that something cool is coming. It doesn't have to be a bag. Or a free shirt. But free shipping? I do think that's a bit much after 3 days of clues and paying attention to every item in a woot off. That should be worth more than free shipping. That's just not good faith in my book.



I rarely post here, and this may in fact, be only my second or third post on woot in the 5-6 years I've bought from woot.

However, your complaints have irked me enough post once again.

I've been able to score a Big Ol' Cataclysm once, in the past several years. I've bought very few items on woot. Yet, I still remain a loyal customer. And most of the items I buy are monkeys and shirts. Why? Not because they are great deal (most of the time they aren't) or because I'm expecting a suprise to come along with them, but because when I walk around with my woot shirt, or screaming monkey keychain... Others ask me about it, resulting in conversation. Even if I never get another Big Ol' Cataclysm I will continue to check Woot.com on a regular basis.

Next time, read the rules. They said there would not be a Big Ol' Cataclysm and that means you shouldn't go out of your way just to expect one. The hunt was meant for fun, for those who enjoy Woot.com and the iconic items it has to offer. If you feel that the card hunt was a waste of your time, do like most others did, and read this thread to get the letters... instead of wasting Woot.coms time with having to cancel your order.

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

paulmd wrote:This is the most disappointing day of my life. Missed a date, likely not going to get a second chance, and this shirt is terrible.

Now I am off to bed. Good night all.



paulmd, i sure hope you didn't go to bed yet.


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.