gobliz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gobliz

Just not that great of a shirt :/

paulmd

quality posts: 5 Private Messages paulmd
jeffdoh wrote:The problem is that you're not reading my posts. I was not complaining about not getting a bag. I was complaining about a bad faith promotion by woot. No one, including me, knew what to expect from the code. But we all expected something pretty cool for working to get the code, finding a "hidden" link, and being among the first to get to it. Was a $9.99 plain shirt a pleasant surprise? I mean couldn't we at least expect a "pleasant" surprise, a nice deal or something of a special or limited shirt. Everyone is saying that we shouldn't have expected bags and should be happy with whatever woot does because they didn't promise us anything cool. But I think it's just the opposite. I think that BECAUSE they didnt tell us at all what to expect that we SHOULD expect that it would be something neat. A great deal for our efforts and for hanging in t here and getting in ASAP. If you are going to ask for committment from customers, ask for people to become deeply involved and integrated in your processes and promotions, it is NICE to actually act in good faith and reward your most loyal followers. What they did just wasn't nice. It wasn't good faith. And I think some people will agree with me.

Well said, Jeff. I spent two days of my life, cancelled a date (losing any chance of a repeat), and in the end, my reward was this lousy shirt. I feel like a fool.

Postal1398

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Postal1398
paulmd wrote:Well said, Jeff. I spent two days of my life, cancelled a date (losing any chance of a repeat), and in the end, my reward was this lousy shirt. I feel like a fool.

You, sir, likely did the girl a favor if you put this little game (that expressly stated that you were ONLY going to get a shirt, that you had to BUY) ahead of a date with a girl you apparently wanted to see again. You saved her from future disappointments of you cancelling more dates in the future for reasons just as silly.

megmoves

quality posts: 1 Private Messages megmoves
stspilker wrote:Or give the possibility for someone to throw in a couple extra dollars to their order on the off chance they get some good crap. Say you buy the Ed Hardy beer coozies and these items have an extra selection for $3 random crap. I think it's be fun if every once in awhile, the option appeared if you purchased another woot.

I like this idea!

Proverbs32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Proverbs32

I just got my monkeygeddon shirt. yay :-)

gwennydear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwennydear
Postal1398 wrote:You, sir, likely did the girl a favor if you put this little game (that expressly stated that you were ONLY going to get a shirt, that you had to BUY) ahead of a date with a girl you apparently wanted to see again. You saved her from future disappointments of you cancelling more dates in the future for reasons just as silly.

Amen.

Now he just has to hope he didn't tell her the REAL reason he bailed, because she will then tell her friends, who will tell their friends, and then he will become the laughingstock of the land, and then he will be all alone in his parents' basement with only his keyboard and flying monkeys to keep him company while the occasional former friend puts a Big Flaming Bag o' Dog Crap on his front porch.

In other words, bad deal all around.

lichme

quality posts: 2734 Private Messages lichme
snoopyjy wrote:Can you write me a note to my wife and mail it to me....? You sir are king of customer service in my book.

*cough* Ma'am *cough*

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

paulmd wrote:Well said, Jeff. I spent two days of my life, cancelled a date (losing any chance of a repeat), and in the end, my reward was this lousy shirt. I feel like a fool.

BUT I WROTE A NOTE FOR YOU, PAULMD!

come on, man, i'm trying!
tell your potential soulmate that it's totally on us, and we accept all responsibility for lost spooning time.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

mavsman13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mavsman13
PemberDucky wrote:BUT I WROTE A NOTE FOR YOU, PAULMD!

come on, man, i'm trying!
tell your potential soulmate that it's totally on us, and we accept all responsibility for lost spooning time.

I thought the note ROCKED, I am enjoying the posts more than the 3 days of the WOOT OFF!

PemberDucky

Staff

snoopyjy wrote:Can you write me a note to my wife and mail it to me....? You sir are king of customer service in my book.

heck yeah! or just print out the thing i wrote for paulmd & replace the relevant bits with your own info. i'll sign off on anything.

(incidentally, i do have mammary glands, but i surely appreciate the praise regardless!)

DiablaRoja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DiablaRoja

Really, the shirt should have just said, 'you've been pwned.'

snoopyjy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages snoopyjy
PemberDucky wrote:heck yeah! or just print out the thing i wrote for paulmd & replace the relevant bits with your own info. i'll sign off on anything.

(incidentally, i do have mammary glands, but i surely appreciate the praise regardless!)

Yeah sorry for the wrong label on that one... and my handwriting is horrible so it would be an injustice to modify Paulmd's note.

Hi-C said the blind man as he took a sip from the cup.

stspilker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stspilker

Even if there was Balloons Over China, you would be a fool to choose this non-sense over what you have previously described as a cute girl. FOOL I tell ya, A FOOD!

snoopyjy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages snoopyjy
DiablaRoja wrote:Really, the shirt should have just said, 'you've been pwned.'

It should have been red and said "ready for monkeygeddon sir!"

Hi-C said the blind man as he took a sip from the cup.

mdrcoast

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mdrcoast

Yep, Woot owes us everything. Really, if you haven’t figured out that Woot has changed its business model and is not the same Woot as before, go see if you can get some Hostess Twinkies.

Everyone grows older and changes. Sure, it's not as fun as it used to be but you don't have to play. I never expected a Bunch of Cheer this time because they said there would not be one, only a shirt. It was right out there. Yes, Woot has done some misdirection at times but I think it was pretty clear that it was not the case this time.

Don't miss life because of what Woot is or is not.

Yeah, it sucks, but everything in life changes. I am sure the Woot staff are very aware and probably don't like the changes either. Adapt or get left behind. I am done complaining about Woot. (And I have done my share) It is what it is and nothing here is going to change anything. To Woot or Not to Woot, that is your decision.

I am just happy they brought the good monkeys back.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927
gwennydear wrote:Now he just has to hope he didn't tell her the REAL reason he bailed, because she will then tell her friends, who will tell their friends...

PaulMDs date's gonna pull a Heather Locklear!

------------------
I Bet on Sky

thumperchick

quality posts: 236 Private Messages thumperchick

It is in no way woot's fault that you chose to bail out on your date. You just didn't want to go that much, otherwise, you would've gone and not sat through this monkeygeddon nonsense. Don't blame others for your poor decision making.

monicabc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monicabc

Am I the only one who thinks there's a second solution? Or just the only one stupid enough to say so without figuring it out? Or is this denial?

werdze

quality posts: 1 Private Messages werdze

Was the link: http://www.shirt.woot.com/offers/MonkeyGeddon ???
I thought it was but I couldn't get it to work.

werdze

quality posts: 1 Private Messages werdze
werdze wrote:Was the link: http://www.shirt.woot.com/offers/MonkeyGeddon ???

Never mind, it worked.

mavsman13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mavsman13
werdze wrote:Was the link: http://www.shirt.woot.com/offers/MonkeyGeddon ???

http://shirt.woot.com/offers/monkeygeddon

thumperchick

quality posts: 236 Private Messages thumperchick
jeffdoh wrote:LOL. I don't mind being made fun of or being mocked for hoping for something more than free shipping after a 3-day scavenger hunt with a hidden coded link. What I mind is when a merchant asks for you to invest time and energy in good faith... that something cool is coming. It doesn't have to be a bag. Or a free shirt. But free shipping? I do think that's a bit much after 3 days of clues and paying attention to every item in a woot off. That should be worth more than free shipping. That's just not good faith in my book.

Shipping is always free on shirts. The shirt *is* discounted - their daily shirts are $12, the limited edition shirts are $15, and the print to order shirts are $18.

So, since this shirt is a special limited edition shirt, you've saved ~$5 on it. Shipping was free to begin with. I don't know what you expected here.

Woot sends people on hours long journeys for the chance to fight over a Bag of Actual Crap. Trust me. Every bag that has come into this house in the last year was filled with dollar store items. That's what woot does. They give you something to do while you're watching the woot-off. Or a flash game to try to play that glitches and crashes.

Woot is that abusive relationship that you can't quit. But they didn't lie to you.

SailorSpork

quality posts: 2 Private Messages SailorSpork
thumperchick wrote:Shipping is always free on shirts. The shirt *is* discounted - their daily shirts are $12, the limited edition shirts are $15, and the print to order shirts are $18.

So, since this shirt is a special limited edition shirt, you've saved ~$5 on it. Shipping was free to begin with. I don't know what you expected here.

Woot sends people on hours long journeys for the chance to fight over a Bag of Actual Crap. Trust me. Every bag that has come into this house in the last year was filled with dollar store items. That's what woot does. They give you something to do while you're watching the woot-off. Or a flash game to try to play that glitches and crashes.

Woot is that abusive relationship that you can't quit. But they didn't lie to you.

50 Shades of Woot.

Woots:
Belkin TuneSync Dock and 5-Port USB Hub x1
Screaming Monkey with Black Woot Cape x3
Logitech PlayGear Share Audio Splitter – 2-Pack x2
SanDisk 1GB MP3/WMA Player with FM Tuner and Voice Recorder x1

mdrcoast

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mdrcoast

At least they didn't off the KY Date night special this time. (You don't have to have a date but it helps!)

The Movie we saw was Ted. And we went during a Woot Off.

jeffdoh

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jeffdoh
rjanecek2 wrote:Good Faith? Seriously? They said on 12 items there was a picture, put those pictures together and you can buy a special t-shirt. They never said you'll get something in addition to a special t-shirt, they never said it would be offered at a discount so that they could make no money. They offered you the opportunity to buy a t-shirt. Seems like good faith to me. They warned you plenty up front that you'd be investing time and energy for the opportunity to BUY a T-SHIRT and nothing more, nothing less. The fact that the shirt is 10 bucks instead of 12 was a pleasant surprise to me alone!
Kudos to you woot, despite my no-black-t-shirt policy, thanks for giving us a shirt that isn't on the woot plus page.

There are times that I suspect woot employees craft posts like this to make it seem as if many people are on their side. This is one post I got kinda suspicious because consumers just don't speak the way this guy is speaking. Consumers tend to band together and tend to agree on issues against vendors. Look EVERYWHERE else online. Woot seems to be the only vendor with overwhelming public support any time an issue arises with a consumer. In this case, a veteran consumer, like me. It's not believable. It's actually very weird.

Jeffrey Lax

jeffdoh

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jeffdoh

Thanks, man. There are a few woot "members" who are bickering with me endlessly and not even reading what I am writing. One guy keeps accusing me to stop complaining about not getting a Bag because they didnt promise one. But never once have I complained about getting a bag. Not ONE time. All I've said is that it's not a nice thing to do to hook people into a 3-day scavenger hunt and build loyalty and commitment from customers and then do nothing special, at all, for them. I mean, there is literally no reward for all the people who followed the cards for 3 days and who figured out the code right away. That's not good business. And it's just not nice, either. A couple of guys are arguing that we got exactly what woot said we'd get-- a shirt. That's ridiculous. Woot didn't say what we would get. Didn't say what the promotion was, what the deal or discount was, where the hidden link led to, what would be on the shir, whether or not it would be limited, cheap, same price as usual-- NOTHING at all. That's why people were guessing for 3 days. that's why people are dissapointed. When you have a 3-day scavenger hunt it is obviously implied that there's some kind of promotion. I mean, that IS a promotion. And to say that getting a t-shirt for $9.99 fulfills some kind of cool promotion...well, I guess I disagree.

Jeffrey Lax

aarkwilde

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aarkwilde
jeffdoh wrote:Thanks, man. There are a few woot "members" who are bickering with me endlessly and not even reading what I am writing. One guy keeps accusing me to stop complaining about not getting a Bag because they didnt promise one. But never once have I complained about getting a bag. Not ONE time. All I've said is that it's not a nice thing to do to hook people into a 3-day scavenger hunt and build loyalty and commitment from customers and then do nothing special, at all, for them. I mean, there is literally no reward for all the people who followed the cards for 3 days and who figured out the code right away. That's not good business. And it's just not nice, either. A couple of guys are arguing that we got exactly what woot said we'd get-- a shirt. That's ridiculous. Woot didn't say what we would get. Didn't say what the promotion was, what the deal or discount was, where the hidden link led to, what would be on the shir, whether or not it would be limited, cheap, same price as usual-- NOTHING at all. That's why people were guessing for 3 days. that's why people are dissapointed. When you have a 3-day scavenger hunt it is obviously implied that there's some kind of promotion. I mean, that IS a promotion. And to say that getting a t-shirt for $9.99 fulfills some kind of cool promotion...well, I guess I disagree.

Well, the people on the cards had AWESOME coats. Does that count?

teener1416

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teener1416
jeffdoh wrote:Thanks, man. There are a few woot "members" who are bickering with me endlessly and not even reading what I am writing. One guy keeps accusing me to stop complaining about not getting a Bag because they didnt promise one. But never once have I complained about getting a bag. Not ONE time. All I've said is that it's not a nice thing to do to hook people into a 3-day scavenger hunt and build loyalty and commitment from customers and then do nothing special, at all, for them. I mean, there is literally no reward for all the people who followed the cards for 3 days and who figured out the code right away. That's not good business. And it's just not nice, either. A couple of guys are arguing that we got exactly what woot said we'd get-- a shirt. That's ridiculous. Woot didn't say what we would get. Didn't say what the promotion was, what the deal or discount was, where the hidden link led to, what would be on the shir, whether or not it would be limited, cheap, same price as usual-- NOTHING at all. That's why people were guessing for 3 days. that's why people are dissapointed. When you have a 3-day scavenger hunt it is obviously implied that there's some kind of promotion. I mean, that IS a promotion. And to say that getting a t-shirt for $9.99 fulfills some kind of cool promotion...well, I guess I disagree.

All I know is once I saw that I had to BUY the shirt (before the final cards were even displayed on the wootoff) I realized it was a cheap cheap wootoff specialty prize. I seriously knew there wouldnt be a Big ol' Celebration. But here is the real problem...
THE ORIGINALITY IS GONE... anyone can take some darn pictures and have it lead to a stupid myan looking woot shirt no one wants. this is perfect business marketing. a lot of hyer, no great shakes of an item, and then the event ends without much effort or money put out by the company.
Woot lost the originality.. they lost the creativeness... it's sad, but the drive to come back for either barely discounted items or stupid crap will not sustain itself without the creativness woot used to have...

that being said I still check the website hoping to see something cool and different like we used to see... so far it is very few and far between.

mightywooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mightywooter
snoopyjy wrote:Sometimes you get a coupon for $5 off a shirt order when you buy three in an order.

I wrote them the other day to reclarify this. They said they no longer do the coupons for buying three.

Notin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Notin

I love that you're complaining about people not reading what YOU wrote, but that you didn't read the first post in this thread that explains what we get...

But that's not all. Totally goofy Armagedd-Off 2012 trading cards will appear in the photo galleries for twelve of the hundred of items in this Woot-Off. By collecting them all, and following the clues carefully encoded in them thousands of years ago by ancient Photoshop clerics, you can find your way to a special never-before-seen t-shirt of Earth-shattering power! Here's how it works:

Find all twelve trading cards between now and Wednesday.
Assemble the clues into a word that will fill in the blank at the end of this URL:
shirt.woot.com/offers/__________ .
Buy the special t-shirt you find there! (Yes, buy. It took some work to collect those Star Wars proofs of purchase, too, but you still had to pay for Boba Fett.)
No, there is absolutely not a Bag o' Crap involved anywhere in this thing in any way. For real. This warning is not us being cute. If you could see our faces, you'd know how serious we were. Please don't get into this expecting you'll wind up with a Bag o' Crap. You won't. Mark our words.

mibutterflywingz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mibutterflywingz

No one held a gun to anyone's head and MADE you buy the shirt or participate in the little game. In fact, you didn't even have to play it to get the final answer ifyou were paying attention.

So quit your nutcrackering. Woot is not at fault and nor is anyone else but yourself. If you're going to nutcracker that you don't like the shirt, you spent so much time playing, or whatever else, go somewhere else.

NO ONE WAS FORCED TO PLAY OR ORDER THE SHIRT! LEAVE THE STAFF ALONE AND GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE!

PemberDucky

Staff

aarkwilde wrote:Well, the people on the cards had AWESOME coats. Does that count?

those coats were so flammable.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mibutterflywingz wrote:NO ONE WAS FORCED TO PLAY OR ORDER THE SHIRT! LEAVE THE STAFF ALONE AND GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

I'm a a true woot.com enthusiast, and would wear the shirt if it was made of AA blanks. The new blanks are not very good at all, and I'm being nice.

BoogieUofA wrote:The problem, is that you're not reading my posts.

Stop complaining, and wear your one of a kind, woot shirt with pride... as a true woot.com enthusiast would. Or don't buy one next time.

And I think MOST people will agree with me.

that was fun while it lasted!

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

ahhhh! armpit hug!!!!!

ThunderThighs wrote:

that was fun while it lasted!

rwilson1267

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rwilson1267

Anyone get their shirt yet? Mine still says awaiting shipping?

jjiinx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjiinx
rwilson1267 wrote:Anyone get their shirt yet? Mine still says awaiting shipping?

Mine is still "Status: Awaiting Shipping" as well.
~~Jinx

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

rwilson1267 wrote:Anyone get their shirt yet? Mine still says awaiting shipping?

jjiinx wrote:Mine is still "Status: Awaiting Shipping" as well.
~~Jinx

Since most folks bought the shirts in the wee hours of 12/13/2012, these shirts might be taking an extra day to ship (up to 5 business days to ship)

If you're not seeing any updated info on your shirt shipping status by tomorrow, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be glad to help you out.

Sincerely,
Forum Moderator

friedbanana

quality posts: 3 Private Messages friedbanana
friedbanana wrote:I bought one. Please draw a body on the monkey before sending to me. I don't care if its a boy or girl. Thanks!

Still awaiting shipping.... i hope this mean you are all busy drawing on my shirt. :D

rwilson1267

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rwilson1267
friedbanana wrote:Still awaiting shipping.... i hope this mean you are all busy drawing on my shirt. :D

Still awaiting shipping for mine too. Ordered the 12th but still no shipping
Must be packing the shirts in Bowls of Cheerios and scheduling for xmas delivery