bfg9000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bfg9000
bfg9000 wrote:I vote yes.

The latest letter; 'o', still fits:wootmageddon.

Not sure what the numbers mean. If it is wootmageddon, the order does not fit.

In order so far; 'mond'

Is the mayan thing on a Monday?

claystorm

quality posts: 4 Private Messages claystorm
bfg9000 wrote:The latest letter; 'o', still fits:wootmageddon.

Not sure what the numbers mean. If it is wootmageddon, the order does not fit.

In order so far; 'mond'

Is the mayan thing on a Monday?

No, it's a Friday. I know, cus I have a plane to catch.

jjiinx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjiinx
InterestingLady wrote:No one has said this yet, but why is the number in the corner 62 for the gas can card?

I am thinking thats to keep us following to track what the numbers are to put the letters in order, rather than just guessing after a couple of letters in a simple 1-12 numbering... Just my guess though.
~~Jinx

bfg9000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bfg9000
claystorm wrote:No, it's a Friday. I know, cus I have a plane to catch.

The last time I talked to a 'semi reasonable' person about this, he pointed out that 'the Mayans did not know where the sun went at night.'

And now people are taking this serious???

manbearpixel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages manbearpixel

Keep following me on the twitt-o-sphere for updates on the #2012armageddoff #wootoff. I'll be watching and posting new found letters and keeping everyone up to date who is following @manbearpixel

---

So far the following have been found ::

"M", "D", "O", "N"

Follow me for future updates, I'll be lurking so you can be lazy and go on with your life. Jerks. (jk)

dustins111

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dustins111
jjiinx wrote:I am thinking thats to keep us following to track what the numbers are to put the letters in order, rather than just guessing after a couple of letters in a simple 1-12 numbering... Just my guess though.
~~Jinx

I agree so you are like it is totally spelling this then the next letter placement destroys all your ideas.

dustins111

greyham28

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greyham28

Has there been any indication of whether the site is already live? Is it worth guessing?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

greyham28 wrote:Has there been any indication of whether the site is already live? Is it worth guessing?

Let's just say that we learned our lesson last time.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

greyham28

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greyham28
ThunderThighs wrote:Let's just say that we learned our lesson last time.

Fair enough. On the one hand, kinda takes the fun out of guessing the word (I mean, if you need external validation in the form of material rewards, like me), but on the other hand, that would probably be lost anyway as soon as someone guessed it and shouted it all over the forums. Big factor is to what extent the treasure's quantity is limited, I'd think... at least seemed significant for the bandannas of cotton on the real treasure...

You know what? maybe you've already thought this all through and have it planned out in ways I don't understand.

I'm going back to studying.

BelyndaG

quality posts: 22 Private Messages BelyndaG

We have an "E."

pedrettb

quality posts: 3 Private Messages pedrettb

Demon?

Mystic2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Mystic2

Why is there a card on sport woot page under the sigg bottles, caps page???
#38 Love Among the Ruins (g is the letter)

http://sport.woot.com/offers/sigg-bottle-top-random-colors-3

jsn14329

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsn14329

Mmmmmmmm...Ricardo's Sacrifice is good vittles!

Morimoto

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Morimoto
greyham28 wrote:Has there been any indication of whether the site is already live? Is it worth guessing?

woot staff confirmed that the site will be live after the 12 card is issued (see top of page 2 in this forum)

Notin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Notin
Mystic2 wrote:Why is there a card on sport woot page under the sig bottles, caps page???

Good question! Maybe one of the cards has been revealed early?

jsn14329

inkycatz wrote:Well gosh, you guys, why would you want to miss out on those sweet deals everywhere?

But we get your laser sharp focus need, and appreciate you want to concentrate your energies.

You'll find the cards on www.woot.com only.

Good question! Why is a card showing on the Sport Woot page under the caps for the Siig bottles? As per above this should not be happening.

Anyone? Admin? Bueller?

The WOOTMAGEDDON is at hand! Repent on your silly purchases at other sites!!! (Whoops, time for my meds)

jerry465

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerry465

Anyone else sense a collector shirt that is something along the lines of, "the world is ending and all I got was this lousy t-shirt"?

V3TTOO

quality posts: 0 Private Messages V3TTOO
Mystic2 wrote:Why is there a card on sport woot page under the sigg bottles, caps page???

Weird, cause that isn't even a Woot-Off item like all the rest. I went through all the blog items for the last day and that item is not there...

waterdogs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages waterdogs

I am wondering if we might not need something like a BINGO/decoder card at the end...not these letters and numbers, but another set. Or maybe:

ARMAGEDD-ONE ? As in "Anybody else wan' another beer? Armegged-one after I go pee."

jsn14329

jerry465 wrote:Anyone else sense a collector shirt that is something along the lines of, "the world is ending and all I got was this lousy t-shirt"?

Maybe "The End" in Mayan...

Mr3dPHD

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Mr3dPHD

I'm sure someone already asked this, but why do some cards have the Mayan looking monkey seal, and others have a mushroom cloud?

Woots: 26
Wine.Woots: 3
Kids.Woots: 4
Shirt.Woots: 1
Sellout.Woots: 1
Craps: 6

V3TTOO

Mr3dPHD wrote:I'm sure someone already asked this, but why do some cards have the Mayan looking monkey seal, and others have a mushroom cloud?

Yeah, I seen that too. I only see 1 that has the cloud. The other is that sport.woot card, which I have no clue where it came from since I can't find it on the sport.woot blog. I did find the SIGG water bottles at the bottom of the sport.woot page, but none have that card.

V3TTOO

OH! THE CARD IS GONE FROM THE WATER BOTTLE OFFER!

crutch2001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crutch2001
Mystic2 wrote:Why is there a card on sport woot page under the sigg bottles, caps page???

It's gone now!

bluon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluon

The numbers on the card probably relate to position. The order would then be M O N E D. Possibly something monkey related? Like monkey????ed

Kinami

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Kinami

Aaand it's back! This time, on the main Woot site:
http://www.woot.com/offers/sigg-bottle-top-random-colors-1

dustins111

Mr3dPHD wrote:I'm sure someone already asked this, but why do some cards have the Mayan looking monkey seal, and others have a mushroom cloud?

62 is currently the last one so I think it has the mushroom cloud cause it is the last card. The other cards were preparing for the apocalypse were 62 its over and happened. Boom.

dustins111

OmenQ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OmenQ

I'm going to take a guess at what the final word will be, knowing that they probably won't make the page live until the last letter is posted. (Because I already checked, and it's not.)

MONKEYGEDDON

dustins111

dustins111 wrote:62 is currently the last one so I think it has the mushroom cloud cause it is the last card. The other cards were preparing for the apocalypse were 62 its over and happened. Boom.

O sure right as I post my theory is shot down by the new card being put up.

dustins111

rickystyx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rickystyx
OmenQ wrote:I'm going to take a guess at what the final word will be, knowing that they probably won't make the page live until the last letter is posted.

MONKEYGEDDON

One Up-Vote for you, sir.
+1

dustins111

Ok new guess I now think the cards will alternate so every other will have a Mayan seal and the others with have the mushroom clouds.

dustins111

OmenQ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OmenQ
dustins111 wrote:Ok new guess I now think the cards will alternate so every other will have a Mayan seal and the others with have the mushroom clouds.

My guess was going to be that the first half of my word would be monkey symbols, and the second half would be explosions. But either they mixed up the E's, or I'm totally off base.

mgangeri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mgangeri

How about "SEEYOUMONDAY" since 12/21 is on a Friday and nothing is going to happen?

mingsty

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mingsty
mgangeri wrote:How about "SEEYOUMONDAY" since 12/21 is on a Friday and nothing is going to happen?

I see a "G" on card #38...but good try.

I am nerdier than 98% of all people. Are you a nerd? Click here to take the Nerd Test, get geeky images and jokes, and write on the nerd forum!

gobliz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gobliz

I agree with MONKEYGEDDON

V3TTOO

Kinami wrote:Aaand it's back! This time, on the main Woot site:
http://www.woot.com/offers/sigg-bottle-top-random-colors-1

I updated my post with the last item, still leaving credit to Mystic2 for finding it on the original sport.woot post.

mingsty

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mingsty
gobliz wrote:I agree with MONKEYGEDDON

This. If you put them in order from lowest number to highest we get

M O N G E D

Fits with "MONKEYGEDDON"

I am nerdier than 98% of all people. Are you a nerd? Click here to take the Nerd Test, get geeky images and jokes, and write on the nerd forum!

V3TTOO

Aww, my pics disappeared. Is there a limit on that stuff?

RocRizzo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RocRizzo
jsn14329 wrote:Mmmmmmmm...Ricardo's Sacrifice is good vittles!

Brown ones taste better than grey ones though.

"Understanding is a three-edged sword."