manesgk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manesgk
Lassik wrote:Well if it is still MonkeyGeddon then the symbols in the lower right corner are not significant.

Could still be significant, the first E had a Monkey and would be the E in Monkey, the 2nd E had the explosion and would be the E in geddon.

noimportantone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages noimportantone
ThunderThighs wrote:You may want to read step 2 again.

I think monkeygeddon is about this dumb ass theory where secret black ops plan to train monkeys to have a taste for human blood. They actually called them humonkeys or some C.H.U.D....

noimportantone

manesgk wrote:Could still be significant, the first E had a Monkey and would be the E in Monkey, the 2nd E had the explosion and would be the E in geddon.

You are on to something watson

noimportantone

friedbanana wrote:he didn't see it coming either....

LMAO puts some cloths on before you catch a cold..

noimportantone

anybody have any idea what the numbers on the cards mean?

dondon3971

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dondon3971

This is what we got I think the number order gives the order to the word.

M - 1
O - 9
N - 12
E - 27
G - 38
E - 53
D - 62

(\__/) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny
( 0.o) into your signature and help him
( >< ) on his way to world domination!

dondon3971

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dondon3971
dondon3971 wrote:This is what we got I think the number order gives the order to the word.

M - 1
O - 9
N - 12
E - 27
G - 38
E - 53
D - 62

It is very close to MON(K)E(Y)GED(D)(O)(N)

(\__/) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny
( 0.o) into your signature and help him
( >< ) on his way to world domination!

Lassik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Lassik
manesgk wrote:Could still be significant, the first E had a Monkey and would be the E in Monkey, the 2nd E had the explosion and would be the E in geddon.

Not if you put them in order by the numbers... The newest E is 27 which is the lowest explosion number so far. If this were the case then E would be before the G and the D.

So you either have to ditch the numbers or ditch the explosion and monkey symbols to still make MonkeyGeddon.

Keeping with the pattern of using the symbols and the numbers, something that still fits is MonkeyLegend

Monkey letters:
M - 1
O - 9
N - 12
E - 53

Explosion letters:
E - 27
G - 38
D - 62

Also, less likely I would think but still possible using that scenario would be:
MonkeyLegged
MonkeyPegged
MonkeyBegged
MonkeyVerged
MonkeyMerged

I still think it's MonkeyGeddon though... Just that the symbols mean nothing.

They say I have Attention Deficit Disorder but i don't th.... Ohh look a kitty!

thrasher4567

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thrasher4567

Question is, does the address only become available after all the cards are revealed?

snoopyjy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages snoopyjy
thrasher4567 wrote:Question is, does the address only become available after all the cards are revealed?

Yes

Hi-C said the blind man as he took a sip from the cup.

manbearpixel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages manbearpixel

Keep following me on the twitt-o-sphere for updates on the #2012armageddoff #wootoff. I'll be watching and posting new found letters and keeping everyone up to date who is following @manbearpixel

---

So far the following have been found ::

"N", "D", "M", "O", "E", "G", "E"

Follow me for future updates, I'll be lurking so you can be lazy and go on with your life. Jerks. (jk)

-- !!Update
I've also compiled a little info-card with links to each trading card that you can download and check out.
http://bit.ly/woot2012armageddoff

The file WILL be updated as time progresses and more are found.

In the file you will find:
- Official Steps
- Links to official discussion
- Trading Card locations/letters
- General FAQ
- Speculations of final word
- Fun easter egg

villagebike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages villagebike

Explosion #66 D

Bazooka MBTA8100 8" 100W Amplfied Marine Tube Subwoofer:

http://www.woot.com/offers/bazooka-8-100w-amplfied-marine-tube-sub

Lassik

Ok. Yeah at this point it's definitely MonkeyGeddon. See you guys at the finish.

k4th3r1n3

quality posts: 17 Private Messages k4th3r1n3
noimportantone wrote:LMAO puts some cloths on before you catch a cold..

What's troublesome is that this video has "2" in the title. That means there's more than one. Your cat must hate chili night, friedbananas!

I seriously can't believe you guys guessed it so fast. I'd be shocked if it weren't monkeygeddon, it seems legit so far.

searchneverend

quality posts: 2 Private Messages searchneverend

I been following it all along, can it NOT be M O N(K)E Y G E D D O N and instead it maybe M O N E Y D O N K E Y

renrutnairbwoot

quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot

Maybe it is MONE(Y)GEDD(O)(F)(F) to match their whole Armagedd-Off theme.

balls2thewall

quality posts: 1 Private Messages balls2thewall
renrutnairbwoot wrote:Maybe it is MONE(Y)GEDD(O)(F)(F) to match their whole Armagedd-Off theme.

Perhaps it is MONEYGEDDOFF, and you all get is a free shirt for all your efforts.

BTW - near miss of a newly discovered asteroid XE54 yesterday (between the moon and earth). So maybe, just maybe, crap is about to happen today with Toutatis. So what good is a free shirt when we're all dead?

l1orac

quality posts: 0 Private Messages l1orac
balls2thewall wrote:Perhaps it is MONEYGEDDOFF, and you all get is a free shirt for all your efforts.

BTW - near miss of a newly discovered asteroid XE54 yesterday (between the moon and earth). So maybe, just maybe, crap is about to happen today with Toutatis. So what good is a free shirt when we're all dead?

"Step 3 - Buy the special t-shirt you find there! (Yes, buy. It took some work to collect those Star Wars proofs of purchase, too, but you still had to pay for Boba Fett.)"

-So no free shirt.

renrutnairbwoot

Unrelated, but does anybody actually think there will be a Santa's Sack of Crap this year?

Thpbltblt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Thpbltblt

Another "D" numbered 66.

http://www.woot.com/offers/bazooka-8-100w-amplfied-marine-tube-sub

Lassik wrote:Not if you put them in order by the numbers... The newest E is 27 which is the lowest explosion number so far. If this were the case then E would be before the G and the D.

So you either have to ditch the numbers or ditch the explosion and monkey symbols to still make MonkeyGeddon.

Keeping with the pattern of using the symbols and the numbers, something that still fits is MonkeyLegend

Monkey letters:
M - 1
O - 9
N - 12
E - 53

Explosion letters:
E - 27
G - 38
D - 62

Also, less likely I would think but still possible using that scenario would be:
MonkeyLegged
MonkeyPegged
MonkeyBegged
MonkeyVerged
MonkeyMerged

I still think it's MonkeyGeddon though... Just that the symbols mean nothing.

ki4rxm

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ki4rxm

What if it's a word and numbers in the url? Maybe the letters specify the order of the numbers, and not the other way around? For example, monkeygeddon1912_53_38276266__

renrutnairbwoot

ki4rxm wrote:What if it's a word and numbers in the url? Maybe the letters specify the order of the numbers, and not the other way around? For example, monkeygeddon1912_53_38276266__

In #2, it does say that it will be a word so I am guessing numbers won't be involved in the URL. Who knows?!?!

"2. Assemble the clues into a word that will fill in the blank at the end of this URL:
shirt.woot.com/offers/__________ ."

Lassik

balls2thewall wrote:Perhaps it is MONEYGEDDOFF, and you all get is a free shirt for all your efforts.

"Toutatis will remain 4.3 million miles away during its closest approach Wednesday morning"

I think we're good for now. :-)

Source: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-205_162-57558567/asteroid-passes-inside-moons-orbit-buzzes-earth/

trsundown

quality posts: 1 Private Messages trsundown

I bought something yesterday... During the Armagedd-Off... and I wanted to buy something today... But I'm not going to because I have to pay the $5 shipping AGAIN!. Seriously? I know its only $5 but its the same WOOTOFF! ANY purchase under the same WOOTOFF should be covered under the $5 shipping.

Oh well... Guess its off to Wal-Mart and Amazon Prime to finish my shopping...

gdavis612

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gdavis612
trsundown wrote:I bought something yesterday... During the Armagedd-Off... and I wanted to buy something today... But I'm not going to because I have to pay the $5 shipping AGAIN!. Seriously? I know its only $5 but its the same WOOTOFF! ANY purchase under the same WOOTOFF should be covered under the $5 shipping.

Oh well... Guess its off to Wal-Mart and Amazon Prime to finish my shopping...

This is not a quality post... just sayin...

ayerscolleen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ayerscolleen

Hey, why's the woot-off shrunk down to just the main woot page? Most of the best stuff was coming up in home and kids. Laaame...

Postal1398

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Postal1398
gdavis612 wrote:This is not a quality post... just sayin...

I agree. It's a pretty whiny post. $5 shipping is cheap, AND it would unlock it for the rest of today also if you bought something today. AND it's a relatively new thing that WOOT is kind enough to do, so stop complaining.

catman25

quality posts: 2 Private Messages catman25

But thats what makes us human :D I drink whine all the time lol !

Postal1398 wrote:I agree. It's a pretty whiny post. $5 shipping is cheap, AND it would unlock it for the rest of today also if you bought something today. AND it's a relatively new thing that WOOT is kind enough to do, so stop complaining.

BelyndaG

quality posts: 17 Private Messages BelyndaG
catman25 wrote:But thats what makes us human :D I drink whine all the time lol !

whine.woot.com ???

trsundown

quality posts: 1 Private Messages trsundown

I love WOOT... Don't get me wrong. But $5 is $5. Maybe I just didn't want the most recent item enough to pay the shipping again. Quality post or not... Hoping for some good items today! We shall see...

V3TTOO

quality posts: 0 Private Messages V3TTOO
trsundown wrote:I love WOOT... Don't get me wrong. But $5 is $5. Maybe I just didn't want the most recent item enough to pay the shipping again. Quality post or not... Hoping for some good items today! We shall see...

$5 or not, this is not the topic here. I am sure there are other forums made for this type of stuff. We are trying to follow a... contest?... event?...... promo here. Don't troll me, bro.

zatkins08

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zatkins08

4 more today... right?

justkissmybass

quality posts: 3 Private Messages justkissmybass
zatkins08 wrote:4 more today... right?

Yep! Though with the last few items they've put up, don't know if we'll make it that far if they keep the same pace...

LayneRobinson

quality posts: 8 Private Messages LayneRobinson

MonkeyGeddon just feels right.....but are we positive that the offer won't be enabled until the last image appears?

Holy Crap! I got a letter! http://www.twitpic.com/1edbfv
It turned out to be car wax http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89F-TOVQtrI

ki4rxm

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ki4rxm
LayneRobinson wrote:MonkeyGeddon just feels right.....but are we positive that the offer won't be enabled until the last image appears?

Yes.

SanitaDiva03

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SanitaDiva03
LayneRobinson wrote:MonkeyGeddon just feels right.....but are we positive that the offer won't be enabled until the last image appears?

yes, just tried it and there was an error page

nbs2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nbs2
SanitaDiva03 wrote:yes, just tried it and there was an error page

This better be a pretty awesome shirt for all the waiting involved.

And, yes, I tried noddegyeknom as well.

peace168

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peace168

Last clue will probably appear today at 12 noon or at 12:12:12 on 12/12/12.

LayneRobinson

quality posts: 8 Private Messages LayneRobinson
SanitaDiva03 wrote:yes, just tried it and there was an error page

Right. I got the error, too.....but I was wondering if maybe we're wrong and whatever deal is there is already available (similar to how most of the April Fools deals just have to be found -- and the pirate ones, too). If you could solve it early enough, you could jump in to the deal.

So, I'm wondering if we're just WRONG (I know -- impossible you say) and the deal is already active....just not yet found.

Holy Crap! I got a letter! http://www.twitpic.com/1edbfv
It turned out to be car wax http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89F-TOVQtrI