WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

So we made this post-apocalyptic action thriller, shot on the streets of Seattle, and we gave it the total big-budget treatment, buying wigs and everything.

Uh, but it turned out... well, not great.

Fortunately, the world is expected to end in cataclysm soon -- sky on fire, rivers of pus, that sort of thing -- so we're almost certainly not going to have to show even a rough cut to the investors. Whew!

Quality Posts

rhuffman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rhuffman

I liked it very creative.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

It's got a very Weird Al vibe to it. I like it!

I'm just hanging out, really.

Stlheadake

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Stlheadake

Very classy! Reminded me of They Might Be Giants early days! You crazy kids could have a future!!

arismella

quality posts: 16 Private Messages arismella

Love this one. Totally fits with my recent playlist of A-ha, Olivia Newton John, Devo, and Thomas Dolby. (Does Thomas Dolby have anything other than "She Blinded Me With Science?")

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
arismella wrote:Love this one. Totally fits with my recent playlist of A-ha, Olivia Newton John, Devo, and Thomas Dolby. (Does Thomas Dolby have anything other than "She Blinded Me With Science?")

Well, yeah.

I'm just hanging out, really.

aarkwilde

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aarkwilde

Could be anything.

Though truth be told the Atlanteans would be an amusing way to go.

zingriffy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zingriffy

Okay, it's official. You guys are certifiable. (but I still <3 you.)

Dyattesso

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Dyattesso

Fracking amazing. You guys are awesomesauce.

When is a woot-off going to include a cd/dvd of past tunes and videos? There could be a captain bluetooth album, holiday days (including the election special), and recognizable places in Seattle.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Matthew can you record an extended version of this song? It has so much potential and left me wanting more.

arismella

quality posts: 16 Private Messages arismella
inkycatz wrote:Well, yeah.

Ho. ly. Crap. ezoid.
New fav jam?

mossygreen

quality posts: 72 Private Messages mossygreen
arismella wrote:Love this one. Totally fits with my recent playlist of A-ha, Olivia Newton John, Devo, and Thomas Dolby. (Does Thomas Dolby have anything other than "She Blinded Me With Science?")

For what it's worth, he also wrote New Toy for Lene Lovich.

fredges

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fredges
mossygreen wrote:For what it's worth, he also wrote New Toy for Lene Lovich.

And he played keyboards on Foreigners "Waiting for a girl like you".

I've seen Dolby twice in Seattle. He is my favorite musician, period. His newest album is the cat's pajamas.

deannem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deannem

I laughed when I saw the first character, wondering where they got the guy from Monty Python!

luchuc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages luchuc

Dolby also did "Hyperactive" and "Europa and the Pirate Twins"... the latter being my favourite.

And the Woot song is pretty dang cool.