0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Motorola Bluetooth Keyboard
$29.99 + $5 Standard OR $10 Two-Day OR $15 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

ewhac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ewhac

By the time I finish writing this post during the Woot-off, Woot will have moved on. Nevertheless, I feel compelled to weigh in against this one due to compatibility issues with... Well, everything.

I bought one of these from Woot a while back, and it disappointed me. This keyboard was apparently designed to work with the Motorola XOOM tablet -- and nothing else.

For some reason, the ESC and F1 keys generate the same keycode. This means that any app that hopes to distinguish between those two keys will be very difficult to use.

Also, I have had surprising difficulty in getting the keyboard to work with my Linux laptop. The keyboard pairs, and the Bluetooth keyboard events are received, but Linux just ignores them. I'm currently blaming GNOME for the problem, but I haven't fully identified the root cause of the problem. Admittedly, pairing with my laptop is not a primary use case, but the fact that there is a problem at all annoys me -- Bluetooth is supposed to be a solved problem at this point.

This is a profound shame as, in nearly all other respects, this would be a damned cool keyboard and, if it worked, would give anything from Logitech a run for its money. Unfortunately, these issues should cause any prudent buyer to pause and think for a moment before clicking on the stupidly large button.

tancheehuat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tancheehuat
ewhac wrote:.........
I bought one of these from Woot a while back, and it disappointed me. This keyboard was apparently designed to work with the Motorola XOOM tablet -- and nothing else.

Thanks for your views, which are very useful. I am looking out for a keyboard for my Motorola Xoom tablet. Now I am certain that this keyboard would work with my Xoom.