WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Powerbags

For the crimefighter on the go. Recharge your code-breaking cellphone, your omnitaser, and your magnetic shoes without having to swing back by the Chinchilla Cave or wherever it is your butler irons your tights. And these bags look perfectly innocuous, so you can keep your gear on you in your secret identity of Billionaire Playboy/Wannabe.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Has anyone gotten one of these bags before? Let us know how well they work!

I'm just hanging out, really.

dkalecki

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dkalecki

Are you kidding me? This is just about the most amazing thing I've seen!!! In for 20! If someone can confirm they are a cool as they look. Well, maybe 1, I would have no where to store 20.

gnarbs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gnarbs

Will iPhone 5 charger work via usb?

arshad27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arshad27

These bags look pretty cool, but how much trouble am I going to have at the airport...it's bad enough because I'm already arab...I'm 100% sure that stupid airport security is gonna think I have a bomb...and then they are gonna tear apart my bad looking to disarm it

keepontruckinbs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keepontruckinbs

If I wanted to get this for a high school senior starting college next fall would I get a backpack or messenger style? No one wore backpacks when I was in school two decades ago.

HyperFC

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HyperFC
keepontruckinbs wrote:If I wanted to get this for a high school senior starting college next fall would I get a backpack or messenger style? No one wore backpacks when I was in school two decades ago.

I still see kids wearing both - I think it depends on your teen's personal style really. What do they use now? Or better yet, just ask if they had a choice between one or the other which one they'd prefer. Then just to be "that parent" buy the other one. =)

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884

The Trek powerpack looks like a great deal. Sells for $58 directly from Amazon and 5 star reviews. Picking one up to keep my old gen ipod nano and phone going on the flight to Japan I have coming up.

Speaking of...I risked it with snailpost. Woot Mods - will they arrive by Dec 24th??

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

muttly2001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages muttly2001

I ordered the grey messenger bag the last time Woot had them. I actually ordered one for myself and one for my little brother (for his b-day) Anyway I work in the public schools and this bag looks and feels AMAZING. It is also incredibility comfortable and FUNCTIONAL. Enough space to store my laptop,ipad, wireless headphones, iphone, flashdrives and a few files of paperwork. Talk about great. My brother just started college and he loves it as well. If you have any doubts..just do it! Especially the messenger bag..it's just sexy.

ryanmrf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryanmrf

Sooo...

With only micro/mini/standard USB ports, how would I use this to charge my laptop?

comics360

quality posts: 1 Private Messages comics360
inkycatz wrote:Has anyone gotten one of these bags before? Let us know how well they work!

I was REALLY SURPRISED at how well they actually work! I already have a backpack, and now I bought the messenger for work! It easily charges every device I have EXCEPT my computer! They have TONS of pockets, a compartment for your Kindle, a separate place for your notebook, etc. I didn't expect all of this!

comics360

quality posts: 1 Private Messages comics360
ryanmrf wrote:Sooo...

With only micro/mini/standard USB ports, how would I use this to charge my laptop?

You wouldn't. There's not enough power to charge a laptop.

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben

charges at 500mA only?
= no way to charge iPad 3/4?

flare576

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flare576

Has anyone seen a bag like this that CAN handle a laptop. I've always wanted to make a bag with a power strip built into with with a retractable cord for a quick juice-up, and adding a battery pack for small devices would be the logical next step, but I've not seen anything that handles the core-device power problem.

Maybe I just get working on inventing my own...

craigthom

quality posts: 62 Private Messages craigthom
keepontruckinbs wrote:If I wanted to get this for a high school senior starting college next fall would I get a backpack or messenger style? No one wore backpacks when I was in school two decades ago.

I wore a backpack (on one shoulder) when I was in college over thirty years ago.

kren2000

quality posts: 12 Private Messages kren2000

I have one of the red powerbags that I bought at BJs. Works well to charge my ipad and with an adapter, my iphone5.

Wish Woot would sell some of the replacement batteries for the powerbag.

karen

ShoppingCathy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShoppingCathy

How much do the chargers weigh?

jcarithe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jcarithe
meh3884 wrote:The Trek powerpack looks like a great deal. Sells for $58 directly from Amazon and 5 star reviews. Picking one up to keep my old gen ipod nano and phone going on the flight to Japan I have coming up.

Speaking of...I risked it with snailpost. Woot Mods - will they arrive by Dec 24th??

x2, I want to get one of these for a Christmas present, do I need to upgrade shipping?

jumbleofletters

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jumbleofletters

So even though the product description says that it fits up to 16" laptops, the laptop compartment has it's largest dimensions at 17".
Does anyone know if a 17" laptop will fit anyway?

Streiff

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Streiff
jumbleofletters wrote:So even though the product description says that it fits up to 16" laptops, the laptop compartment has it's largest dimensions at 17".
Does anyone know if a 17" laptop will fit anyway?

I have had this bag in black for the last year. I can fit my thick 17 inch ASUS G71GX gaming laptop inside the back pocket easily. The back pocket has a padding in the lining for added protection. There is also a second large pocket in the front with pockets for holding all kinds of devices. The front pocket is where the power pack is housed.

So you can easily put a large 17 inch laptop in this, along with iPods, cell phones and iPad or tablets. This is a big backpack

Also the padded carrying handle on the top is built into the thick padded nylon shoulder straps. So even when you load this thing up making it heavy, it's easy to carry.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 95 Private Messages radi0j0hn
arshad27 wrote:These bags look pretty cool, but how much trouble am I going to have at the airport...it's bad enough because I'm already arab...I'm 100% sure that stupid airport security is gonna think I have a bomb...and then they are gonna tear apart my bad looking to disarm it

Better print out the Woot! ad and keep it with you.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

rathwhite4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rathwhite4

I bought the black messenger when they were on tech.woot a little over a month ago. As someone that commutes to work via train about an hour each way this bag was exactly what I was looking for to carry everything I need and look great with the added bonus of carrying a battery to charge my phone and ipod which usually end up dead by the afternoon commute. Great bag, definitely recommend at $45

sam927

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sam927
craigthom wrote:I wore a backpack (on one shoulder) when I was in college over thirty years ago.

Everybody's two-strapping nowadays, old man.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSa368X1Z2w

italianemperor

quality posts: 2 Private Messages italianemperor

Briefcase looked pretty damn cool, would have been a great gift. Guess I will have to keep my eye out to see if is offered again!

kate1948

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kate1948

Can you charge an iPhone5 with the converter cable?

coolvan170

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coolvan170

is there an adapter that would let it work on continental Europe?

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
italianemperor wrote:Briefcase looked pretty damn cool, would have been a great gift. Guess I will have to keep my eye out to see if is offered again!

Yeah, wish I had seen the wheeled briefcase one here earlier. These sames things came in my Groupon email earlier today, and the briefcase one is $85 through them. Still better than most other places, but not as good as this woot deal would have been if I had seen it in time.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

DirkvdB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DirkvdB

Awesome looking bag, but one minor inaccuracy... you show it charging a Canon PowerShot SX230 HS via USB. As with all Canon cameras, this camera does not support USB charging. Hopefully no one bought this bag hoping to charge a Canon camera!

-DV

neven

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neven
craigthom wrote:I wore a backpack (on one shoulder) when I was in college over thirty years ago.

Thats what we call "One strapping". You were obviously a very cool person!

italianemperor

quality posts: 2 Private Messages italianemperor
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Yeah, wish I had seen the wheeled briefcase one here earlier. These sames things came in my Groupon email earlier today, and the briefcase one is $85 through them. Still better than most other places, but not as good as this woot deal would have been if I had seen it in time.

WOOT please offer these again!!! or if you happen to have three lying around you could just throw them on my account!