WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Puma Athletic Socks

Yes, socks are more boring than space ships and superheroes. No, socks aren't the worst thing you can get for Christmas. Six months from now, you're not going to be wearing a fruitcake as you lounge on the couch, let alone when you go work out. Socks: the long term gift.
Puma official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Socks rox! Tell me about this brand of socks - a good deal? A comfy fit for the feet?

I'm just hanging out, really.

ceagee

quality posts: 66 Private Messages ceagee

Would these work for women? If yes, what sizes ?

thanks

bdecker202

quality posts: 18 Private Messages bdecker202

I just bought so many socks. LOVE Puma socks! Thanks Woot

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871

Any suggestions on the low/no show ocks? There's too many choices!

newfiepage

quality posts: 43 Private Messages newfiepage

Staff

ceagee wrote:Would these work for women? If yes, what sizes ?

thanks

The sizing is geared for Men. If you or that special lady in your life has what some might consider a "larger foot" - and there's nothing wrong with that, then they could work for you. But, it is Men's sizing, so if you are into foot binding, they are not for you, or said loved one.

michaelvella

quality posts: 12 Private Messages michaelvella
johnt007871 wrote:Any suggestions on the low/no show ocks? There's too many choices!

Not a fan of the no show socks, too much opportunity for rubbin' on the shoe.
I like the "1/2" model ones.
Too much cotton in the blend for using as a running/exercise sock IMO, but for the price, they are good for casual use.

pes5016

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pes5016
inkycatz wrote:Socks rox! Tell me about this brand of socks - a good deal? A comfy fit for the feet?

I picked up a 6 pack of these bad boys from the outlets and love them! I have been a walmart socks kinda guy my whole life and totaly converted.

They are great for for running, soccer or just everyday.

jbird1104

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jbird1104

I have 8 pair of these socks and they somehow kill my feet. I thought it was my shoes, but every single time I wear these socks, no matter which shoes I wear, my feet start hurting after about 2 hours. Cool looking though.

rm9116

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rm9116

Son wears size 9 shoes. Would they be uncomfortably big? He's hard on socks and I'm always looking for good quality socks at a reasonable price.

MoonByte5

quality posts: 7 Private Messages MoonByte5

I bought a pair of smartwool socks to go hiking in about 6 months ago and now I'm hooked. I would love to see woot sell some of those!

bankonit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bankonit

:-( I'd be in for a shiz ton if only they were the size down. I'll go cry in my bowl of mini cheerios.

bdecker202

quality posts: 18 Private Messages bdecker202
rm9116 wrote:Son wears size 9 shoes. Would they be uncomfortably big? He's hard on socks and I'm always looking for good quality socks at a reasonable price.

Should be fine, I wear 9-9.5 depending on the shoe manufacturer and these fit great. They're quite stretchy.

davidmcdougall

quality posts: 4 Private Messages davidmcdougall

If I have Amazon Prime can I get free shipping?

If it's not Scottish it's crap

johnlafreniere

quality posts: 1 Private Messages johnlafreniere
davidmcdougall wrote:If I have Amazon Prime can I get free shipping?

Sure. If you buy something else from any of the woot sites TODAY and pay for shipping on the other order, your shipping on this order will be free. Prime or not. Or, to put it another way: No. Prime doesn't matter on woot, but all Woot orders in a day ship for $5 total.

DigitalFoobar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DigitalFoobar

These Puma socks will make you run faster than a cheetah.

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884

Would have been nice if the sizes were called out in the title instead of the bottom of the specs list.

The socks are men's shoe size 10-13 only.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

newfiepage

Staff

meh3884 wrote:Would have been nice if the sizes were called out in the title instead of the bottom of the specs list.

The socks are men's shoe size 10-13 only.

Actually, you caught an error. It's SOCK SIZE 10-13, SHOE SIZE 6-12.5.

Thanks, we'll get it changed to show the awesome spreads across a larger portion of human beings.

cf

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cf

How do you get them onto the puma's feet?

carriegirl79

quality posts: 1 Private Messages carriegirl79

I had high hopes for them when I ordered a bunch from a previous woot deal. Unfortunately, I found them to be very thin with lots of loose threads and not at all warm.

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884
newfiepage wrote:Actually, you caught an error. It's SOCK SIZE 10-13, SHOE SIZE 6-12.5.

Thanks, we'll get it changed to show the awesome spreads across a larger portion of human beings.

Cool, thanks!

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

mwills2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwills2

This may be a dumb question, but the 1/2 terry low cut says Black/Blue, does this mean they are a combination pack of black socks and blue socks or that the socks are primarily black with blue stripes or something?

newfiepage

Staff

mwills2 wrote:This may be a dumb question, but the 1/2 terry low cut says Black/Blue, does this mean they are a combination pack of black socks and blue socks or that the socks are primarily black with blue stripes or something?

"Black/Blue" is part of the original item title from the manufacturer. You get what you see in the picture - black socks with small color details of blue, red, white (2 of each).

john d'oh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages john d'oh

The socks are really comfortable & good looking, tho they don't wear very well. I got 6 pair of the terry 1/2's a year and a half ago and have had to toss 3 or 4 individual socks due to "blow out" over big toe's toenail. That said, I'm in for more, as this is a great price, and I'm willing to live with comfy, good-looking socks that don't go on forever (like my all-cotton champion 1/4 socks from that big box store; seems they're never gonna wear out!).

b00gie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages b00gie

Any chance of getting them in a size that fits us big footed guys?

justafreak

quality posts: 11 Private Messages justafreak

So why no love for people with big feet?

.rev - 325.unique.woots / 567.total.items - woot is where the crap is.

imb100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imb100

I wanna to purchase multiple sock colors. How do i make a purchase for three types without paying $5 shipping on each?

newfiepage

Staff

imb100 wrote:I wanna to purchase multiple sock colors. How do i make a purchase for three types without paying $5 shipping on each?

Once you make one purchase in a day, the $5 shipping fee is waived on all other purchases until the end of the day. So, buy as much as you want from any of the Woot events and only pay $5 total in shipping until 11:59pm that day.

brodie657

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brodie657

These are the best looking socks I've owned. I have a size 13 foot and they just fit, but it is pushing it.

It's hard to describe, but instead of the normal crappy elastic around the opening, it is much tighter and they are less prone to wear out. It is counter-balanced somehow inside the sock. It won't make sense until you put one on.

Anyway this is a good price - I paid more than $5 for 3 pairs.

mhearon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mhearon

Ordered the black/blue, but got the white. Anyone else get the wrong socks?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 168 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

mhearon wrote:Ordered the black/blue, but got the white. Anyone else get the wrong socks?

Sorry for the late reply.

If you feel you received the wrong order, please feel free to email Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be glad to help you out.

Sincerely,
Forum Moderator