WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Star Wars Saga Framed Posters

Young hero. Beautiful princess. Older mentor. Cool guy buddy. Lovable dog. Fast car. Great adventure. Terrible event. Heartbreaking retreat. Bold regroup. Final assault. Heroic victory. Happy laughter. And tell the truth: you just heard every note of the soundtrack in your head.

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Who is your favorite Star Wars character and why?

I'm just hanging out, really.

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt

The price seems steep but then I saw that they are framed. Framing is very expensive so having it already done is very nice.

Turc

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Turc

Sigh. If it wasn't the holidays I could justify buying the original trilogy posters. I hope these are offered up again in the future!

jeeperwoot

quality posts: 29 Private Messages jeeperwoot

This sale makes me sad. My mom made me sell my original Star Wars/Empire movie posters at a garage sale for $1. And no I'll never let you forget, mom!

justafreak

quality posts: 11 Private Messages justafreak

I just bought all 10 of the original Trilogy posters for a Christmas present to me.

Thanks woot!

.rev - 325.unique.woots / 567.total.items - woot is where the crap is.

inkycatz

justafreak wrote:I just bought all 10 of the original Trilogy posters for a Christmas present to me.

Thanks woot!

ktrenholm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ktrenholm

I can't decide.
The ANH poster has classic value.
Empire is the best movie of the 3.
Jedi has that really nice looking red one.

Decisions...

inkycatz

Turc wrote:Sigh. If it wasn't the holidays I could justify buying the original trilogy posters. I hope these are offered up again in the future!

justafreak has the right idea here, perhaps you should consider it? :D

justafreak

quality posts: 11 Private Messages justafreak
inkycatz wrote:

Achievement Unlocked: Thumbs up cat win!

.rev - 325.unique.woots / 567.total.items - woot is where the crap is.

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
wisenekt wrote:The price seems steep but then I saw that they are framed. Framing is very expensive so having it already done is very nice.

I bought a neat Star Wars half-sheet a year ago and forgot about it until getting the wrapping paper out and stumbled across it again. You know what a framed poster gets you? A framed poster on the wall. A poster without a frame gets forgotten.

Love the Revenge posters here. All of them. Though I do miss my favorite Empire poster

adrmschwer

quality posts: 8 Private Messages adrmschwer
jeeperwoot wrote:This sale makes me sad. My mom made me sell my original Star Wars/Empire movie posters at a garage sale for $1. And no I'll never let you forget, mom!

Ditto, except for me it was my brother's original Star Wars action figures in a Darth Vader case...she assumed I wouldn't want them because of how little I was.....I was old enough to remember now mom......

reverendc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reverendc

I assume these are reproductions. A original Revenge (vs Return) of the Jedi is a find.

McJaje

quality posts: 0 Private Messages McJaje
reverendc wrote:I assume these are reproductions. A original Revenge (vs Return) of the Jedi is a find.

Original movie posters before 1985 are all 27x41. And newer originals should be double-sided (mirror image color printing on the back for backlit marquee displays) and that isn't mentioned. So I think you can safely assume these are all reproductions.

Edit: Although my original Ep 1&2 teaser sheets were one-sided and hence were for fans and not intended for theater use.

scrillator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scrillator

Has anyone been able to figure out where we can buy other Backlot Arts posters? I'm trying to see if they have a site or something to pick up some other posters that are framed identically.

calculon68

quality posts: 0 Private Messages calculon68
reverendc wrote:I assume these are reproductions. A original Revenge (vs Return) of the Jedi is a find.

The Revenge teaser is probably the most counterfeited/copied movie poster in the world.I'm assuming these are licensed re-prints.

Think geek sells these posters too, but I've never seen them sold in-frame. Framing a one-sheet is not cheap. And $5 to ship is a steal for this size.

Backlot Arts has an Amazon store, but I didn't see any SW posters (Backlot *Art* on Amazon- may not be same as Backlot Arts)

Jthon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jthon

These are a good deal if well framed with low glare plexi-glass. If the framing is poor, then I've paid about $50 per poster too much. I guess I'll see how this works out when my order arrives.

kellic

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kellic

If Phantom Menace and the other two prequels sell out I'm going to hope that the end of the world occurs next week. I don't want to live in a world where people liked those movies.

gothicchic21

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gothicchic21

My husband has 3 original posters from the theater, one is signed by an actor. We used to have them up in our house, but we moved, I don't remember which ones he has. Considering these are reproductions, his must be worth a heak of a lot more! I don't understand why these cost so much?!?

JosephPalreiro

quality posts: 3 Private Messages JosephPalreiro
gothicchic21 wrote:My husband has 3 original posters from the theater, one is signed by an actor. We used to have them up in our house, but we moved, I don't remember which ones he has. Considering these are reproductions, his must be worth a heak of a lot more! I don't understand why these cost so much?!?

In this case, 1/3-1/2 of the price is for the frame, depending on its quality. Most of these reprints can be found for $25-40. The least expensive SW originals I own are in the $300 range, while my "Revenge" both versions) one-sheets are considerably more.

thespiansmc

quality posts: 24 Private Messages thespiansmc

the episode one Anakin/Vader shadow desc made me unhappy...because I remember when that teaser poster came out, and I was *really* excited for the movie, because well, hell yeah.

morpheus282

quality posts: 6 Private Messages morpheus282

The poster from A New Hope (before it was A New Hope) with the fleet of x-wings is my favorite.

You can't have an Empire poster without a tauntaun, I'm pretty sure there's a law to that effect.

The best part of Jedi was Carrie Fisher in a bikini, I don't care what anyone says.

The other posters are an easy pass for me. If only I had $216 + $5 shipping to spare right now...

narquespamley

quality posts: 24 Private Messages narquespamley

27x40 frames cost $25 at Ikea, which is probably what these frames are worth.

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
morpheus282 wrote:
You can't have an Empire poster without a tauntaun, I'm pretty sure there's a law to that effect.

The best part of Jedi was Carrie Fisher in a bikini, I don't care what anyone says.

I do have the half-sheet of the X-Wing fleet photo. Committing myself to framing it this Christmas.

My favorite Empire poster does not include Tauntauns, but DOES include Lando. Lando Calrissian.

And as a child, I loved ROTJ for the much-improved dogfighting and other space awesomenesses.

tcanning

quality posts: 6 Private Messages tcanning

For years I collected Star Was posters with the hope that one day I'd own a house where I could frame and hang all six movie posters (in a location acceptable to my wife). I decided to go with the consistency of the Special Edition prints, since they matched up so well with the Prequel artwork.

They look marvelous lined up on the wall. Of course, I'll have to rearrange once the new movies come out.

Granted, the posters I have are the standard 24" x 36", and the frames are just nice-looking poster frames that I got at Michaels for 40-50% off using coupons. But I don't think I spent more than $100 on the whole project.

Tsa05

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Tsa05

For events like these, Woot needs to add a button for "Add all to cart."

All this clicking is making me tired~

chartles

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chartles

YES - Christmas shopping for my brother done!!! hoping for delivery by new years as we are doing exchange then.

come on woot - need something for DAD now!!

RandyMillerIII

quality posts: 3 Private Messages RandyMillerIII

I saw an original "Revenge" poster when I was a kid (early 1980s)...my dad's co-worker had one hanging up in his office. I don't remember if it was the "dated" version or not.

msmolev

quality posts: 1 Private Messages msmolev

Seems to be rather expensive. poster-art-house sells some of them (also framed into similarly described frame) for about $36 with free shipping on ebay

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt
msmolev wrote:Seems to be rather expensive. poster-art-house sells some of them (also framed into similarly described frame) for about $36 with free shipping on ebay

Links? For it to be a deal, it has to be a current and available deal.

DivineMercy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages DivineMercy

No metal bikini? I'm out.

crunchybrownstar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages crunchybrownstar

Nuts! Knew I should not have waited to buy the poster for the first movie. Yes to me it will always be the first movie. I hope this deal comes back in the near future.

gizmovision

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gizmovision
wisenekt wrote:The price seems steep but then I saw that they are framed. Framing is very expensive so having it already done is very nice.

the posters are worth 20.00 the frames are wood and they have to be plexi-glas or they would weigh a 'ton'.(And shatter in shipping) these are a bit over priced now if they were anodized aluminum frames you might have a deal. I do framing...

Team

soundnlit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soundnlit

This is the cost for and "Economy" black metal rounded frame.

Pricing Breakdown

$ 31.96Frame: 27 " x 41 "
(a-1535) Frosted Black

$ 14.32
Backing:
Acid Free Foam Core Backing

$ 74.79Plexi:
Non-Glare Plexiglass

$ 121.07Total:

And thats just for the frame without the print.

$ 121.07Final Total:

uncchris

quality posts: 6 Private Messages uncchris

If I didn't already own a copy of the Empire one with the light blue background, I'd be all over this.

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871

https://www.posterarthouse.com/star-wars-episode-iv-a-new-hope-movie-poster-style-c.html

Can get it framed and shipped for $62-ish. (there's 1 cheaper frame but I chose black wood to resemble this woot). They have other posters too.

You have failed me for the last time sidesale...

tweakman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tweakman

Over-priced crap for crappy movies (the new three at least). You couldn't PAY me to take any of the new movie posters off your hands. I'd pay 70 dollars just to watch someone burn one...only 2-3 more years before Disney takes the digital terrible act further...

gizmovision

double post edit

Team

gizmovision

soundnlit wrote:This is the cost for and "Economy" black metal rounded frame.

Pricing Breakdown

$ 31.96Frame: 27 " x 41 "
(a-1535) Frosted Black

$ 14.32
Backing:
Acid Free Foam Core Backing

$ 74.79Plexi:
Non-Glare Plexiglass

$ 121.07Total:

And thats just for the frame without the print.

$ 121.07Final Total:

i doubt those will have acid free foamcore, at best cardboard. Terry Redlin and Thomas Kinkade send out their 'pre-framed' art work backed with cardboard or Masonite. the plexi will most likely be comparable to the plexiglas you can get at the hardware store or thinner. We carried a black, gold and wood-tone wood poster frame In 22x28/24x36/27x40 sizes for $28/36/40 each...
I bought 32x40 optic plexi glas from my local glass store today for 31.10 plus tax, pick-up.
Buy the print and get a frame at the evil empire or you local craft store.
I would like to hear from someone that has bought one on the quality though.

Team